Fanatics and facts- what is it!?

H

hungrig

What "to do" with people- that always start discussions about "how things are". (how they are)
A person that looks very "wise", and can frase some very intelligent philosophic philosophies.
That claims to be 'open' and respectful, have tons of books, consisting of- I really don't know
what, lets say it only consists of philosophic philosophers and their philosophies.

The person is not living in the "now" 'with capacity of understanding todays technology' such as
how computers and cellphones works/is, but have some kind of updated news through newspappers
and of friendly nighbors 'rumors and talk' about the events most 'important' of the day, 'news'
and localnews.

So then, he/she starts an conversation about, lets say, what the cause of global warming is.
He starts the conversation with endless repeating of frases of what he thinks is the cause. Then
when asked of why he thinks so, and if he can prove his beliefs, he goes into offensive behavor.

He simply ignores the question, and continues his "talk" all over again. Then when asked again
why he thinks the global warming is caused by 'humans and their machines' ( Im not saying its
right or wrong ) he got so frustated and said:

-Becuse it's so! If you do not belive it you must be very lost, haven't you heard what the
people of this earth thinks about it?
*What?!

-that, It is proven to be caused by humans!!!
*Where is the proof??

-You don't seem to be "updated" with this! So you belivie that global warming is not caused by
humans?! :laugh:
*I did not say it was not caused by humans.

-Yes you did.
*No I did not, when did I say that?!

-You just said it.
*I just questioned your belief, I did not say what I believe.

Then he goes on with: (contradicting her/himself with)
-Some people can not simply respect other peoples beliefs, they think that they must be right
all the time. remmeber what ( some philospher ) said. :
( in the lines with: A man that understand much- knows how little he knows )

Of course he is reffering to the questioner. Now he is asked of what he thinks of what life
means what the world is and how it ought to be. In short he ends up with, "thats how it is" -
"It always were like that" - "Do you not know??"

Now asked about politics, people, cause and effect, the world trade center attacks ect ect...
- "- Get educated" - " Conspiracy? :Laugh:

Dare I question the man what 'facts' is?!
In reply, he/she mumbles endless loops of what sound like philosophic frases, much silent moments and talk, long
complicated answers and the speech ends up with:
- 'there really is no real truth', just look at that table over there, can you se it?! well how
do you know it's there?! huh, It is built of and consisting of atoms with different vibrarons
(?) and at some levels it does not exist! You said you read about vibrartions dident you
sometime ago?!

And he completely turned the question away and came up with somethiong else.
He maybe have some point but goes from needle small things to the whole existence (himself) and
explains the little with the big tales and the bigg, with little sense at all.

That, is not only the problem. He/she also talks little of others and mostly all the time talk
about himself/herself without being questoned anything. And always repeat everything he/she says over and over again, every time the questioner meets him. But the "philosopher" seems to remember nothing of what he have said, and often contradicts his tales.

________
Now the 'philosopher' in my post refers to the "how things are" person. This is not any attack against any philosofer and philosophies, it was just a concept of the persons 'hoby for life'.

PS from _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact
Fact in philosophy

In philosophy, the concept fact is considered in epistemology and ontology. Questions of objectivity and truth are closely associated with questions of fact. A "fact" can be defined as something which is the case, that is, the state of affairs reported by a true proposition.[12][13]

Facts may be understood as that which makes a true sentence true. For example, the statement "Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system" is made true by the fact that Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system. Facts may also be understood as those things to which a true sentence refers. The statement "Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system" is about the fact that Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system.[14]
So it is pretty obvius if this is what an philosopher cosider to be fact: questions of objectivity and truth are closely associated with questions of fact.

The person spoken about in my post are more like an idiot claiming to be philosophic like my computer is popping pocorn and claims to be flight 77 :D
____

/
Any thoughs on this?

edit: I mean people actually fall for fanatics in whatever dreamland they are on, and still think they are heavy into what they belivie to be facts.

Now if I were to be "surrounded" with this sort of people in my life or have been all my life, that claim facts is other peoples beliefs becouse that was is for them in belief.

Is there any trick & tipps of how to deal with these people!?
Can I get through somehow. I realise the world is asleep and acts most likely like these fanatics.

Speaking of fanatics I mean all these Jesus will save us freaks and Zionists or Scar faces Psycopaths and son'on.

I mean are we going to make it with all these?

Back
Top Bottom