Family misadventure

Hello to the group,

Things have changed since my last experience. My father doesn't drink anymore. My father has thought about what we shared with him. He was touched. He tried to drink a glass of wine but he felt dizzy. So he chose to stop. I also think he's afraid of going through the same thing again as he did last time.

He chose to buy a telescope. He's been talking about it for a long time. It's done now. I was able to observe with him jupiter. It was cool. There is too much light pullution where I live.

My mom started praying. It's the black shadow that worries her, I think. I gave her a simple prayer that I use sometimes.

Since my parents don't drink anymore, it's more peaceful. There were continual confrontations between them with the effect of alcohol. I know that their problem is not solved. It is their responsibility. I have mediated between them too many times. I think they need help from a neutral person who is not part of the family. My father is closed to this.

Good learning for everyone.

It was once said that the habit of drinking is one of the means that an individual might be able to give voice to repressed, suppressed emotional desires. An individual might feel good to express one's self uninhibited, to express one's self unimpeded through the effect of alcohol in the bloodstream.

However, there are other options available to achieve this same end. Options that are less detrimental to the individual.

maguenette, good to hear things have improved. It seems like many people can relate to what you are going through, including myself. I fear my father will have to experience a stint in the hospital as well until he stops drinking so much. His doctor has been warning him for years to cut it down because his liver is failing, but he keeps on trucking ignoring all the damage he is doing to himself and my mother.
Hope this misadventure turns into a helpful experience for your family in the end.

Back
Top Bottom