Faces of Caesar

I took a look at this article tonight, where is says:
Recently, BuzzFeed spoke to 33-year-old digital artist and Bored Panda contributor Hidreley Leli Dião, who uses both artificial intelligence and editing apps to reintroduce us to our favorite Disney characters, reimagined as real people.

Well, for the history buffs out there – or those who struggle to match real faces to ancient busts – Hidreley also re-envisions famous historical figures in our modern time. Here are some of his most popular renditions:

Here is another article where he describes what he does to come up with the picture/image:
Dião, from Brazil, told Newsweek it was the first image he created in his series transforming historical figures, called "what if they lived in these days?"

He said: "With the arrival of artificial intelligence we realized that 'almost' anything is possible. So I challenged myself to bring these historical characters for today.

"When choosing the character, the most time consuming thing is to find an image that resembles the historical figure. I spend hours in image banks until I get it. I always say that finding the perfect image to be the basis of art takes much longer than making the art."

In this case, he was unable to find an image with a close enough likeness, so he looked closer to home.

"The first thing to do is to find a real image similar to the statue. As I couldn't find it in any image bank, I used my girlfriend's face to bring the statue to life.

"Not that it looks like the picture, but the position of the face I managed to get it to perfection. I used Photoshop and the FaceApp application. In this process I superimpose the real image of the statue with the image used and I gradually bring it to life, always starting with the eyes."

And here is his take on Caesar:

Caesar artistic take.png

He did another take on Caesar...

Caesar artistic take 2.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom