Everything Everywhere All at Once

Saw it last night. Just adjectives for it: beautiful, moving, at times strange but innovative nonetheless. VERY well-acted and directed. Obvious parallels to The Matrix, but not in a copycat way like so many movies did. Michelle Yeoh is fantastic as the lead, but everyone knocks their role out of the park. If you've watched it, I'd recommend The Critical Drinker's analysis. May be some spoiler-y stuff in his video for those who still want to see it.

Watched it last night haha it was fun! Thanks for the recommendation.

I had an aha moment haha realizing why I am not getting SPAM anymore, it seems like I manage to confuse AI with to many to fast nonrelated "jumps" and "nonintentional mess around" that doesn't make any sense hahaha ... even I have no idea how many google accounts branch from my mind in this projection, and what they do when they do whatever the boots want them to do ... haha ....

The concept and scheme of how those days teens, youngsters and the middle age Elon Musk generation of gamers is seeing the world is pretty accurate in basic concept scheme in their minds, like "nothing matters" is what enables them to go crazy, and that is what matters, hahaha only the imagination of the worlds we have seen there is a bit unimaginative, stupid, ugly and tiktokish ... But the universe is an endless grid of the imaginary worlds and networks, so there is always a green button on your ear, for a signal to your balance center, to get you able to jump to a new unknown whatsoever hahaha ...

Thankyou for posting about this movie..I watched it today and utterly adored it!

Sooort of Matrix-ish (by way of Jackie Chan style instead of John Woo? with shades of the Infinite Improbability Drive from Hitchhhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), but more about taking responsibility for your life(s).. And it's just so light-hearted and free-flowing, un-self-serious and kind, down to earth and downright hilarious.. I found it very moving.. Splendid acting all round too.. Michelle Yeoh can say so much with just her eyes...

"P.S. Don't forget to breathe"

Yesterday I saw this movie. I highly recommend it. The film may offer some clues for the times we live in.

I was surprised to see the trailer for the following movie.

When the woman at the table shows the female protagonist of the movie a piece of paper with a drawing of a circle made up of many overlapping circles and she says "It does not look good!", I remembered a dream that I already had. I have mentioned in a thread.

In my dream a woman was drawing on a piece of paper exactly the drawing from the movie and a voice from a man I didn't see said over and over again "She's about to close the circle!"

I really want to see the movie.

I have already seen the movie.

It is one of the few times that the trailer of a movie seems better to me than the movie itself.

There is something indefinable that caused me a feeling of discomfort in the movie.

The concepts proposed by the film, removing the basics (time lines), did not seem very appropriate to me either.

The positive side is that a concept that is not easy to understand, may be understood by many more people.:-)

Saw it... Ok, nothing special IMO... same type of comedy going back a few decades, which I think this film, assuming they wanted to do more than simply entertain the audience, would've been better off following the Kdrama style instead.... basic 16 eps usually. The Korean wave is at it's peak.... it would be a good format to use instead of this one I think. I think that 'grandpa' actor was in a few of these... remember that Kurt Russell one? Big Trouble in Little China?

I saw it a few weeks ago and just now did I find this thread.

I liked it, a lot actually, even if it was too much visually at times, I enjoyed the acting and the story overall. The message, how each character, out of the main three, had to learn something from the other two in order to make things work.

Life will go wrong, most certainly, and one can get absolutely bogged down in considering all the ways that things will go wrong... and choose, supposedly wisely, to refuse to participate in life because of this fact, or one could be kind and courageous.

I liked how the movie did not sit in one message only, one of them needed to learn to appreciate the humble existence of scarcity because of the richness it provided, the other needed to learn to walk away from complacency and the other needed to learn to make a decision and trust the universe... that is as far as I can go without spoiling it.

I would recommend it.

My favorite call back, definitely raccaccoonie!

I have already seen the movie.

It is one of the few times that the trailer of a movie seems better to me than the movie itself.

There is something indefinable that caused me a feeling of discomfort in the movie.

The concepts proposed by the film, removing the basics (time lines), did not seem very appropriate to me either.

The positive side is that a concept that is not easy to understand, may be understood by many more people.:-)
Perhaps it was the concept that "help" comes from outside (and from other people), instead of from within? Perhaps it's because we often feel we don't have any control over ourselves, let alone others around us? Perhaps it was because you felt that 'something else' was lurking underneath this movie? Maybe the fact that it was a comedy meant that it gets to reach more people? I guess I felt the same way.

Perhaps it was the concept that "help" comes from outside (and from other people), instead of from within?

Oh! I got the opposite idea from it, that it was about choosing to take responsibility for your own life. Though I can see what you mean, with the whole skill-borrowing-from-alternate-selves thing.. but those alternate selves were really just other aspects of the same self.. I'm not much of a one for analysing movies though, admittedly :) But it felt to me like a kind of "improving yourself helps *everyone*" thing.. And it still would've worked if all the wacky alternate reality stuff was only in the main character's imagination, or even as a completely mundane story where nothing weird happened at all..

I thought the daughter character, succumbing to ultimate nihilism, was about the plight of so many young people today.

I want to watch it again some time..

One of the most inspiring, funny, dramatic and deeply moving movies I've seen in a very long time. It covers so much in a little over two hours with some simple, karmic understandings and spiritual truths along the way. In a time when creativity in cinema seems at a low point, its refreshing to see a movie like this made.

"When an interdimensional rupture unravels reality, an unlikely hero must channel her newfound powers to fight bizarre and bewildering dangers from the multiverse as the fate of the world hangs in the balance."

The Critical Drinker gave it a thumbs up

Back
Top Bottom