Ever been humbled by Reality?

T.C.

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Over the last few months, Ive been experiencing more and more unusual coincidences and other strange things. I do feel a bit uneasy about writing this because I don't know how common these kinds of things happen to those people here and I could just be making it all up but, I'm really not!

I've been more and more aware of reality communicating with me since my mind has opened to new ideas. The first occurrence of this was in early May when I had a really vivid dream. It was so vivid that as soon as I woke up, I wrote it down; something I'd never done before! The main part of the dream became real two days later. Maybe I'll type it up for reference in the dream section of the forum.

Anyway, since then, REALLY weird things have been happening. Mostly I think about something, completely at random and, hey presto, it materializes either within seconds, or within hours. But it's not something I can do on purpose, and the things are so random that I can't seem to draw any important info from them, other than, maybe there's more to our reality than is immediately obvious! Very similar to what Laura talks about at the beggining of the Cassiopaean experiment podcast. These things are happening so frequently that I've started writing them down. I thought about the stuff I'd seen quoted from Mouravieff about "the enlargement of the present" because thats what it feels like when I think of something and it happpens. Then, I've been recently revisiting the Wave, and read when the C's say about signs in reality "it's just nature taking it's course".

I'd always seen the "V says, remember remember the fifth of November" on the signs page, but having not seen the film V for Vendetta, didn't know what it was about. Then, I saw the youtube link to the Trailer type vid with our politicians edited in, very good. I now understood what all those forum users avatars represented.

Last couple of days, when going into local stores that rent DVD's, I've looked for the film but not found it. Today, I had to take a book back to the library and remembering they have DVD's there, I thought I'd look for it there. Well, I spent five mins searching but couldn't see it. As I began searching, a guy walked into the library. He asked if he could become a member. He was asking if he could use the internet there, family history, things like that. So I went to the counter to give back the book and asked the woman if she could look on the computer for a film incase I just couldn't see it on the shelf.

"whats the film called?", she asked. "V for vendetta", I replied. "Good film" said the guy stood next to me who was joining the library. "I'm sorry luv," said the librarian "we don't have it here. If you go into town it's available there." "If you live near -----, you can borrow it from me mate", said the stranger.

Being, more distracted and dissapointed by the librarian, I quickly and humbly said "That's kind, but it's ok, thanks anyway". After all, it's not the done thing to just start trading things with people we don't know, is it? I didn't want to seem rude, or assuming.

Well, I walked out of the library but then I stopped. Hang on Tom, think about it, isn't it a bit strange that everywhere you've looked, you can't find the film but, someone who owns the film has just decided, the very moment you're there looking for it, to join the library? AND he's offered to lend it ya!

I couldn't help myself. I had to go back in.

I approached the guy. He saw me and said, "do you want to borrow it?". I said that if he was sure, I would really appreciate it. I was going past his house on the way home but he said he wouldn't be in for a few hours. He gave me his phone number. The women at the library thought it was great, and a funny incident! I just said, to them all "Somtimes you get the feeling something is meant to be", and the guy agreed with me.

I'm gonna ring him in an hour or so and call round to his. He was saying to the woman behind the counter that he didn't know how to use a computer, so I thought maybe to say thankyou, I could arrange to take him back to the library when I return the film to him and I could show him the basics of how to use the internet. ACTUALLY, I have a little guide on the internet I got free from a consumer magazine. I could give him that.

Anyway, when I got home, I thought about the possibility of how what just happend, happend. I thought about if "reality" arranged for me to meet him and get access to the film. Then I began to feel really humble. I felt like, well.... I was VERY grateful for starters. I started to think things like, "I can't believe this, I feel like I'm not worthy of this". It's not that I'm putting myself down, it's just that, ONE IN SIX BILLION...!

I think of the things the C's said about the occurrence with the guy in the car who pulled off the freeway and knocked on the door of the house where laura and friends were at, and started talking about somthing they had been looking into, and Laura asked the C's about it:

"Number One, Nobody is a "nobody." Number two, it is no trouble at all for aforementioned forces (negative) to give seemingly individualized attention to anybody."

So, things like this CAN happen and it seems it doesn't just have to be negative forces.

So, just thought I'd share that with everyone. See what you thought about it.

Hmmm, sounds like a case of "the law of exception" vs "general law" situation. The "general law" made sure there were no DVDs through regular means, the "law of exception" showed you an out through extra-ordinary means.

Your temptation was to admit defeat through the usual means or take a chance through extra-ordinary means. A conscious choice of sorts.

http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=29

"It must be realized that in placing himself under the aegis of the Law of Exception, man goes against the General Law, which he is even called upon to overthrow, if only on an individual scale. He must not forget--under penalty of 'surprise attack'--the salvation depends on victory over the Devil, which as we have said, is the personalized moral aspect of the General Law. This is so, even though this, being a cosmic law, is naturally a divine law. One must not be afraid, as the Law of Exception is also a divine law. In choosing it, man continues to serve the interests of the whole, but differently and in an incomparably more efficient manner. During his fight against the first law, he is subject to tests that often take the form of temptations. In orthodox Doctrine deep studies are devoted to this theme, As stated above, they contain precious advice of a practical nature, details of which we cannot cover in this present book. We are however permitted to draw attention to the indirect nature of the diabolical action. If, aiming straight towards his goal, which is liberation and salvation, the seeker successfully overcomes the obstacles and by this shows proof of a strength that would permit him to defy the authority of the General Law, the latter will begin to act upon him indirectly, generally by the mediation of his near ones if they do not follow the same path: this action occurs on the moral plane, and often takes emotional forms appealing to his most noble, generous, and disinterested sentiments: to his charity; his obligations; his pity. It impels him down blind alleys, insinuating that he will be returning to his duty, that by so doing he will go on walking in the right path, etc. This will clarify the profound saying of Jesus that: 'A man's worst enemies are those of his own household.'

Thanks Johnno.

You know, at the moment I'm reading Trapped in the Mirror by Elan Goloum. It talks about the effect of narcissists on their children, and the environment these children must endure and conform to. It's been quite astonishing actually as I have a very close friend who's character and family this book describes with almost every page.

Your quote gave me something to bounce my "strange situation" off, and at the end of it:

If, aiming straight towards his goal, which is liberation and salvation, the seeker successfully overcomes the obstacles and by this shows proof of a strength that would permit him to defy the authority of the General Law, the latter will begin to act upon him indirectly, generally by the mediation of his near ones if they do not follow the same path: this action occurs on the moral plane, and often takes emotional forms appealing to his most noble, generous, and disinterested sentiments: to his charity; his obligations; his pity. It impels him down blind alleys, insinuating that he will be returning to his duty, that by so doing he will go on walking in the right path, etc. This will clarify the profound saying of Jesus that: 'A man's worst enemies are those of his own household.'
In the case of the narcissistic family environment, the child is not allowed to form their own individuality. They must conform to the will of the parent, and act as an extension of the parent. If, as the child gets older and yearns for it's own life, he/she starts to make decisions that as is said above "aims towards this goal, which is liberation and salvation", the family (general law), start to make moves to stop this from happening by "appealing to his most noble, generous and disinterested sentiments: to his charity, his obligations, his pity." The child is made to feel guilty for even thinking about leaving the situation they are in, and forced to think about the fact that if they do leave the situation, they may never receive the love that they have always been trying and hoping to receive from the parent.

So all in all, on top of the book being good for self examination and observation, it shows how we are all victims of the narcissistic traits of our environment. But, if we can learn to see through the symbols of our reality and seize upon the law of exception, we might build our strength and confidence and, ahhh yess, DO SOMETHING! In the past I've read about how those who reach the higher levels of man become free of the general law. I guess this is one of the ways this is achieved.

Back
Top Bottom