Erdogan speaks the truth...

axj

The Living Force
...who would have thunk?

Erdogan has also been at odds with the US over Israel’s current offensive in the Gaza Strip that has killed more than 580 Palestinians in two weeks. Erdogan accused Israel of “state terrorism” and a “genocide” of Palestinians. He also chastised the US for defending Israel’s “disproportionate” use of force, adding that Israel had “surpassed Hitler in barbarism.”

"[Israelis] have no conscience, no honor, no pride. Those who condemn Hitler day and night have surpassed Hitler in barbarism," Erdogan said.

At the same time, he refuses to talk to Obama because the U.S. did not attack Syria. :rolleyes:

_http://rt.com/usa/174700-erdogan-talk-obama-syria/

I also wondered about Erdogans statement when I read it since he is pro American in some ways (Nato bases) and against Syria, beside Russia when I remember correctly. Personally I'm not sure what to make of him.

Well, there have been reports that Turkey and Russia are in talks about a customs union or some form of free trade agreement - similar to what already exists between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.

It kind of makes sense since the prospects of Turkey joining the European Union are close to zero now.

It's interesting that Turkey used to cooperate very closely with Israel - and these latest comments are as much an opposite of that as it gets.

Not only PM Erdoğan, entire Turkey condemned Israel: President Gül

ANKARA

Derviş Eroğlu, the president of the Turkish Cypriots, awards President Gül with an order of state. (Ömer Bilge - NICOSIA)

Derviş Eroğlu, the president of the Turkish Cypriots, awards President Gül with an order of state. (Ömer Bilge - NICOSIA)
Not only Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan but the whole of Turkey condemns the Israeli operation against Palestinians in Gaza, President Abdullah Gül has said.

“Not only Mr. Erdoğan, but all of us, the Turkish people, have condemned Israel’s attacks. Israel’s recent aggression and merciless killing of civilians in front of the world’s eyes are putting the [regional] vision in jeopardy,” Gül told reporters at a press conference with the president of the Turkish Cypriots, Derviş Eroğlu, in Nicosia on July 19.

Asked whether ongoing military agreements between Turkey and Israel would continue, Gül said he preferred not to speculate about the future of military or political relations.

Gül, Erdoğan, the Turkish Parliament, political parties and scores of non-governmental organizations have slammed the latest Israeli offensive.

The president is on his last foreign trip to northern Cyprus before his tenure ends on Aug. 28. He reiterated Turkey’s "pro-peace position" in Cyprus and recalled that Ankara was clearly supporting the current ongoing negotiation process between the Turkish and Greek Cypriots.

Gül is set to participate on July 20 in the 40th anniversary of the Turkish Armed Forces’ intervention on the island, which has been divided since 1974.

July/19/2014

But also Erdogan is after the Presidential position that Gul currently holds and the elections/nominations will be soon!

axj said:
Well, there have been reports that Turkey and Russia are in talks about a customs union or some form of free trade agreement - similar to what already exists between Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan.

It kind of makes sense since the prospects of Turkey joining the European Union are close to zero now.

It's interesting that Turkey used to cooperate very closely with Israel - and these latest comments are as much an opposite of that as it gets.

It's true, as you have mentioned, Turkey and Russia discuss Customs Union collaboration. Also, Turkey suggested using national currencies in trade with Russia. I think it is a wise decision for Turkey to turn toward the East: it has always been a part of Eastern civilization in terms of culture, traditions, language, mentality. Besides, Russia and Turkey have strong economic ties.

As for their position re Palestine, it is great. But imo it would be honest, if Turkey also finally recognized its own genocide against Armenia in 1915 (next year will be the centenary).

axj said:
...who would have thunk?

Erdogan has also been at odds with the US over Israel’s current offensive in the Gaza Strip that has killed more than 580 Palestinians in two weeks. Erdogan accused Israel of “state terrorism” and a “genocide” of Palestinians. He also chastised the US for defending Israel’s “disproportionate” use of force, adding that Israel had “surpassed Hitler in barbarism.”

"[Israelis] have no conscience, no honor, no pride. Those who condemn Hitler day and night have surpassed Hitler in barbarism," Erdogan said.

At the same time, he refuses to talk to Obama because the U.S. did not attack Syria. :rolleyes:

_http://rt.com/usa/174700-erdogan-talk-obama-syria/

A few days ago i wrote on my FB page

A little reminder for my Facebook friends who live outside of Turkey. Turkey will have it's first direct presidential elections next month and Erdogan, the autocratic islamist Prime Minister, the co-president of USrael's Greater Middle East Project (in his own words) is the number one candidate of this election.

For that reason, like many times before, the Palestinian rights has become a usefull political material to impress his conservative Muslim voter base.

In March 2009 there was municipal elections which were crucial for Erdogan and his AKP, and guess what; the famous, staged "One minute!" event in Davos happened just 2 months before elections.

In 2010 after Gaza flotilla raid in May there was a scheduled Turkish constitutional referendumm in September, which was extremely important for Erdogan's agenda.

But in fact his government has tight economic and military relations with Israel and NATO’s missile shield radar base in Kurecik, Turkey was installed in 2012 (just remember, Gaza flotilla raid was in May 2010) mainly to defend Israel.

And from the article below:

“The Greater Middle East Project was an initiative launched with a view to [bringing] peace to the Middle East as well as promoting its economic development, civil rights, women’s rights and freedom of education and carrying these rights further. Turkey was given a role in this project and we have accepted .”

Turkey’s Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan received Anti-Defamation League’s (ADL) ‘Courage to Care’ award from ADL’s director Abraham Foxman at the ADL headquarters, New York, 10 June 2005.

Turkey’s Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan received the ‘Profiles in Courage’ award from American Jewish Congress (AJC) President Jack Rosen, HSBC headquarters in New York, 26 January 2004 (and he didn't return it until now)

_http://www.globalresearch.ca/a-zionist-in-disguise-turkeys-prime-minister-erdogans-phony-anti-israel-rhetoric/5313589.

Also this is another lie before the elections for his ignorant supporters who buy the "Erdogan is a world leader" propaganda for years. Erdogan is yearning for a direct talk with Obama for the last 1.5 years, which he can't get.

happyliza said:
Not only PM Erdoğan, entire Turkey condemned Israel: President Gül

Unfortunately Turkey has been so deeply polarized in the last 10 years, and modern, secular citizens, mostly living in Western Turkey, feel threatened and hopeless for the future. Therefore i observe that -not all but- not few modern secular Turks are running programs on Palestine issue and tend to think "Palestine is not our problem", "If Erdogan and the political Islamists support Palestine with religious motives, we should do the opposite" Some even think that Israel's acts are legitimate.

Turkey was also very involved in oil for gold scheme with Iran under Western trade embargo sanctions and also rated as one of most questionable allies (along with Germans). Regarding turmoil in Iraq under Western patronage and possible creation of Kurdistan state there - me-thinks that West has afforded itself jet another foe in the World. And not to mention US sponsoring Erdogan's opponent in recent elections...

Yozilla said:
Turkey was also very involved in oil for gold scheme with Iran under Western trade embargo sanctions and also rated as one of most questionable allies (along with Germans). Regarding turmoil in Iraq under Western patronage and possible creation of Kurdistan state there - me-thinks that West has afforded itself jet another foe in the World. And not to mention US sponsoring Erdogan's opponent in recent elections...

Not very true. I (like many here in Turkey) think that Erdogan got his last chance from US to be a well behaved boy. Although i agree that as a puppet he reached the end of his shelf life, but like a toothpaste tube he got a last bit that can be squeezed out and that fears me most with the latest developments in the Middle East. He is capable of doing (obeying) anything more than ever.

edit : grammar

In case you have missed it, since almost no media outlets reported about it, Erdogan trashed Israel at the UN a couple of days ago, holding up the famous map of the progressive theft of Palestinian land by Israel and asked the simple but obvious question, paraphrasing "where do the borders of Israel actually start and where do they end"? A very good question indeed and I think there is a good likelihood that by this question he also (although not directly) tried to point out the fact that Israels borders seem to be pretty much nowhere to be found since it has infiltrated pretty much every state on the planet with its agenda to one extent or the other. I think he also meant to point out that if it is allowed for Israel to retrace their borders at will constantly, against all rules of the UN and without consequences, it is no wonder that countries don't trust the decisions made on the UN level and see no reason why they should adhere to those rules. It is simply unfair and Israel is basically for years undermining all and every principle of the UN by those activities. A day afterwards, a terror attack targeted Turkish police.

Here is his UN speech starting at the point where he mentions Israel:

Back
Top Bottom