Energy and Structure

Buddy said:
So, as I indicated, the notions themselves cause me no problems, it's that I'm wanting an experiential feel for the reality they represent. I hope this explanation makes sense or at least helps make my thinking process more understandable. If you see where I am misunderstanding you, please point it out.

I think you really overcomplicated my reply, maybe you are missing the point. What I'm saying is really very simple. That paragraph is broken and misleading, so why keep it around when you can instead use something practical and effective? There's no redeeming quality about the circular logic, and even if the grand scheme is circular in some way, the circle is not as small as "this is, therefore it is true". It reminds me of "I think, therefore I am". It is a denial of everything not fitting in that tiny circle.

I understand your need for "experiential feel", but I don't know what the paragraph has to do with that. It can provide a sedated sense of flow to someone who reads it without understanding it, but I don't think you want to be that person.

One good way I find that helps develop a sense of feel is to draw triad charts. For instance you could take all the equations in Obyvatel's post and draw them as interconnected triangles with products at the tip and factors at the bases. Using such a chart you can contemplate the relationships between distant variables.

PS. I think "familiarity" comes pretty close to what you describe as "experiential feel", except that it can also mean habituation.

Back
Top Bottom