Electronics and machines acting strange/failing?

RedFox

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Was debating about posting this, but seeing Laura's post on pets acting strange I thought I'd add an observation.
Perhaps its just 'bad luck', or maybe I'm looking for a pattern where none exist?
Last week my girlfriends TV went pop. A friends LCD monitor went up in smoke (literally).
Yesterday my girlfriends car came to a halt (we think its the left wheel baring) and the washing machine failed to drain properly. My car developed a squeak in the front right wheel yesterday as well?
My computer seems to be more flaky than usual too....

So has anyone else had any sudden problems? Or do you think I'm stretching things? :huh: (it does seem a bit of a stretch reading it back to myself now mind...but I'll post anyway)

One factor that seems to contribute to mechanical/electronics problems is Mercury retrograde (though many other factor are certainly involved)

For information Mercury is currently retrograde (September 24, 2008 through October 15, 2008)

The good news is that in one week Mercury won't be retrograde any more.

Hi Redfox,

I'm glad you started this thread; I thought it was just me having all these electrical appliance problems!

It has got really bad over the last couple of months or so, to the extent where my daughter asked me what it was with me and electrical stuff (!):

problems with the tv channels 'sticking', making it impossible to change channels. It's a new tv set, but this still happens occasionally. The previous tv had shorted out, with smoke...!

the 'fridge inexplicably switched itself off, waited until stuff in the freezer had half-defrosted and then switched itself back on again, while I was trying to find a fridge engineer.

a new tape deck broke down; the tape spools refused to spin. It has gone back to the shop.

problems downloading complete forum pages. Still happening.

two new lamps shorted out (OK, they were cheap lamps, but after one month...?)

printer 'freezes' occasionally.

These problems have only cropped up in the past two or three months, mostly with new appliances. Maybe they were just badly made, but...

Like you write, there may be a rational explanation here, but I seem to have been very unlucky with electrical stuff lately.

Belibaste said:
One factor that seems to contribute to mechanical/electronics problems is Mercury retrograde (though many other factor are certainly involved)

For information Mercury is currently retrograde (September 24, 2008 through October 15, 2008)

The good news is that in one week Mercury won't be retrograde any more.
What will they blame malfunctioning voting machines on then? Although we may not get a chance to see if all the the countries ATM's stop working first and martial law is declared.

I wonder if location has anything to do with it?
I am not having any problems with Electronics
getting screwed up, here in Oregon.

Maybe it's time to get out the Faraday cages ;)

Dan

dant said:

Dan

Don't forget the tinfoil hat! ;D

Thanks for the info Belibaste. I was never really much into horror scopes, but have seen them mentioned (retrograde etc) several times here now, do you have a quick link to hand I could look into? I think I'll go search the rest of the forum too.

Bedower seems very similar. Its not that things go wrong, its the fact that several things went wrong at once/in a short period of time.
The thought then occurred, could it be a micro version of cranes/planes/trains etc collapsing/crashing, so was curiouse to know if was wide spread? :huh: By the looks of things so far its probably not...

Pob said:
What will they blame malfunctioning voting machines on then? Although we may not get a chance to see if all the the countries ATM's stop working first and martial law is declared.

Pob, that's easy. 'Terrorists' hijacked the voting machines, and made them 'faulty'. :rolleyes: As to the ATM's.....they'll probably turn them back on (after they've starved most people for a bit) for those who join the local 'party' and don the uniforms... can't have everyone unhappy or you can't control them.

rs said:
dant said:

Dan

Don't forget the tinfoil hat! ;D

lol....now I want a portable faraday cage...perhaps just a suit of armour.

Perhaps location does have something to do with it? There was a period in my life where every computer I went near (withing 1 meter for more than a minute) would crash. I use to annoy the hell out my friends with that...Mostly it seems to be the other way now, things just sorta 'fix' themselves on the computer when I'm near it. *shrugs* If I had a penny for every time I've had someone ask 'Could you come look at this, its not working..' followed by me walking over and 'Oh, its working now'....
Better go get my tin foil hat just in case!

If I had a penny for every time I've had someone ask 'Could you come look at this, its not working..' followed by me walking over and 'Oh, its working now'....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's another thing...

...someone comes over to 'fix' whatever it is, and it's working!

This is usually followed by the accusatory; "It's YOU!"

Also, I have wire mosquito netting over all my windows and doors, which I remember reading on another thread is similar to the Faraday cage.

As for location, I live next to the sea, literally, which brings to mind Lethbridge's conclusion during his 'ghoul' notes regarding damp weather and electricity, although he meant the atmospheric 'feral' kind rather than the domestic variety. Could this be a connection? (No pun intended!)

Thanks for the info Belibaste. I was never really much into horror scopes, but have seen them mentioned (retrograde etc) several times here now, do you have a quick link to hand I could look into?

You can have a look at this link.

lol....now I want a portable faraday cage...perhaps just a suit of armour.

Maybe you can try a silk robe ;)

020921 said:
Q: (L) So, we'll be poisoning ourselves twice! (A) Right!
A: Unless detector that is adjustable is added and tuned to precise canceling frequency.
Q: (L) I think it would be cheaper to move. (A) A broad band wave generator, like a damaged florescent tube produces all kinds of EM noise. But if you tune the frequency. (L) Well, you have to have a detector AND a tuner. Cheaper to move.
A: Better, too!
Q: (A) There must be some way to make the body less vulnerable to these things.
A: Silk clothing and headgear.
Q: (A) I know! Aluminum pyramids! [Laughter.]
A: With silk lining.

Back
Top Bottom