Electrical properties of silk

One way to test if there is any ELF blocking is to wrap an electrometer in silk and see if it responds to a charged object.

I am pretty sure that this test would show no effect (although I haven’t done it, to be fair). But if it is negative, that in my mind doesn’t preclude that silk has a beneficial effect on radiation, maybe by an effect we don’t understand well, maybe by somehow “modulating” the signal in a way that its harmful effects are somehow mitigated.

Just a hunch!

I am pretty sure that this test would show no effect (although I haven’t done it, to be fair). But if it is negative, that in my mind doesn’t preclude that silk has a beneficial effect on radiation, maybe by an effect we don’t understand well, maybe by somehow “modulating” the signal in a way that its harmful effects are somehow mitigated.

I had the same thoughts, but the tests I did don't preclude an effect on ELF E fields because for that, silk only needs to be substantially less resistive than air, and that could still be true if the resistance is too high for my DMM to measure since air is a very good insulator in the absence of plasma.

An effect on an electrical signal would be measurable by electronic instruments. The assumption that silk works based on electricity is a tempting one but the likelihood of that seems very low. The simplest form of modulation would be during movement as the fabric changes position and charges physically move. But this has little effect on EMF.

In order to affect the modulation of EMF the silk would have to somehow fill in the valleys in the modulation, which it cannot do unless it is generating it's own EMF at the same frequency or has some kind of memory effect. Normally when we want to generate a frequency we design an elaborate electronic device using transistors, chips, and various electronic parts (it's simpler if we only want to generate a fixed frequency, but EMF blocking is broadband by necessity). This is well beyond the structure of silk and I don't see any evidence that there is anything silk is doing that some other conductor/insulator couldn't do.

I thought maybe silk just helps simply as an insulator. The body has different charges in different parts and manages to keep them separate. A conductive surface all over your skin might be working against that. Synthetics are insulating by themself too, but they don't transport moisture well, so it becomes conductive. Maybe helping the body to manage its own electricity landscape is what mitigates the EM influence.

But if that is the case, then it also insulates the effect of grounding, which would presumably be a bad thing.

My experience is that silk absorbs moisture and becomes sticky, if I want to stay dry I wear cotton.

Silk may be an insulator, but it has a higher dielectric constant than air. So for RF it is actually more conductive than air (which has little effect since it is so thin, but a solid block of silk would be more than twice as conductive as air for RF waves). This is true for almost all materials as the dielectric constant of air is close to that of free space, the lowest it can be.

I have a microwave detector that is just a small antenna connected to an LED. It lights up when you put it next to a running microwave. I held it next to the microwave and used a silk shirt to try and block the microwaves. It didn't seem to have any effect.

this is from Club Orlov site .. new article posted ..
something i did not know...
this is only the beginning part/excerpt . . . .
ClubOrlov

Thursday, July 04, 2019 . . .
The Silk Road and Lice . . ..
The old Silk Road was an ancient trade route that tied together the Roman Empire and China, where silk came from. It was so called because silk was at the heart of the trade. Silk went to Europe, gold and luxury goods went back. Silk was important because silk garments worn against the skin prevented body lice, and wealthy Roman citizens were ready to pay for silk with gold, because the alternative was watching their wives and concubines scratch themselves. In addition to wearing silk, the Romans built baths, along with aqueducts to supply them. The Roman delousing procedure involved getting all of your body hair plucked (ouch!), oiling yourself up, working up a sweat in pretend-wresting, then scraping your skin using a sickle-shaped implement called a strigil. Then they would soak in a hot bath, don silk undergarments, and remain itch-free until the next bath day.

Some more research. I thought more about how silk should not be able to affect EMF at wavelengths smaller than it's width, and I realized I should check the light spectrum for effects. So this time I looked for IR properties:

https://www.mdpi.com/1996-1944/11/1/112/htm said:
Self-assembled silk films and their crosslinked derivatives are optically transparent throughout the visible and near-infrared (NIR) regions

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4631776/ said:
It emerged that the domesticated mulberry silkmoth Bombyx mori represents an outlier compared with other silkmoth taxa in terms of spectral properties.

The neighbouring peak at 1245 cm−1 is commonly assigned to random coil secondary structures (Cai and Singh, 2004; Shao et al., 2005; Taddei and Monti, 2005; Yoshimizu and Asakura, 1990), and is strongest in the non-wild silks of B. mori and N. edulis.

Calcium oxalate mineral crystals
Calcium oxalate, also called raphide, forms highly toxic needle-like crystals, which can tear soft tissues and are thought to represent a plant defence mechanism (Arnott and Webb, 2000). Because no known metabolic pathways process calcium oxalate in silkworms, we assume that calcium oxalate presence in the cocoon is a result of the ingestion of leaves containing the compound and resultant excretion by the silkworm. While this may be the case for wild silkworms, it appears that artificial selection has changed the behaviour of the B. mori silkworm to prevent this excretion into the cocoon.

The presence of calcium oxalate in the cocoon is known to complicate the industrial reeling as it prevents the extraction of long lengths of fibre (Gheysens et al., 2011). Calcium oxalate is notoriously toxic to humans and responsible for kidney stone formation (Evan et al., 2007). The commonplace edetic acid (EDTA) treatment for dissolving kidney stones was found to be equally effective at demineralizing wild silk cocoons containing calcium oxalate crystals and enabling industrial processing (Gheysens et al., 2011). Thus, the ability to detect and quantify the amount of calcium oxalate present in a cocoon prior to processing may have industrial advantages in minimizing reagent use or in selecting low mineral content cocoons in the first place.

The amount of sericin present in a cocoon can be inferred from the absorption bands between 1384 and 1403 cm−1 associated with the amino acid serine, which is present in high quantities in sericin but not in fibroin (Teramoto and Miyazawa, 2003). Fig. 3E suggests that Bombyx genus silks have the most sericin along with Actias, Antheraea, Saturnia and Samia genera silks.

https://phys.org/news/2017-09-infrared-imaging-technique-reveals-molecular.html said:
Silk is a semi-crystalline material that is birefringent, which means as well as absorbing polarised light in one way it actually rotates the polarisation.

Well without finding obvious electrical characteristics with implications for EMF, my search is getting more desperate. Throughout the research, some recurring themes seem to revolve around oxalate. Keyhole has recently dug up a lot of information on oxalate toxicity. The C's have hinted about Mulberries in connection with the right kind of silk (we now know that Bombix Mori silkworms which normally feed on mulberry leaves do not create silk laced with oxalates) but no one seems to know what the exact connection is. But I did find something interesting:

https://radiopaedia.org/articles/mulberry-stone said:
A mulberry stone is one of the types of urinary tract stones. It is formed of calcium oxalate dihydrate. It can be considered as a subset of a jackstone calculus which has a spiked appearance. When the stone has less well-developed spikes, it may appear to have a mamillated appearance, hence it is referred to as mulberry stone. The loose crystalline lattice of calcium oxalate dihydrate allows these stones to be easily fragmented with various forms of lithotripsy, despite their formidable appearance.1

I guess the question now is whether there is any connection between oxalate an EMF?

But I suppose the Cs may have just been saying to use Mulberry silk in order to avoid an oxalate burden. In which case the Mulberry thing has nothing to do with EMF.

When they say "mulberry stone" on a medical article, it means a stone in the form (shape) of a mulberry. Sometimes they say cauliflower to describe this type of shape, whenever the subject (stone or tumor or anything else).

Please re-read what you posted:
A mulberry stone is one of the types of urinary tract stones. It is formed of calcium oxalate dihydrate. It can be considered as a subset of a jackstone calculus which has a spiked appearance. When the stone has less well-developed spikes, it may appear to have a mamillated appearance, hence it is referred to as mulberry stone.
There is no link with mulberry as food.
When Cs spoke of mulberry silk, they refer to silk produced by worms eating mulberry leaves.

I don't think the response given by the Cs is as direct as you make it sound.

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/threads/session-3-january-2009.11560/post-81810 said:
Q: (S) Well, this kind of my question. Because we have cell phones that are so evil, right? The problem is that even if you never use a cell phone, there are towers EVERYWHERE. If a cell phone is on and it's close to you, that's worse, but... (L) You can't escape it all. (S) So we can obviously turn off the evil stuff, but... (L) I think there's also the stuff out there for cancelling that is dietary {like minerals}, or something you can do.

A: Silk is always good.

Q: (Ark) But coming back to this USB stick and little antenna which is probably very weak, what would be the distance from this that you would consider to be safe?

A: 2 meters.

Q: (Ark) Oh, so this is really weak. (S) Is it the same for WiFi? (discussion of evil microwaves and what to do)

A: Consider a "Faraday cage" for ___ until she is stronger.

Q: (___) They're gonna put me in a cage! Aah!! (L) Where the heck would we get one? (Ark) No, that's impossible. (J) You can build one! (L) Well, they put it in quotes, so they must have meant something special. (S) Drape silk around her bed. (Ark) Yes, because Faraday cage to prevent from microwaves would have such tiny little openings that there would be no air to breathe...

A: Scottie has the right idea.

Q: (L) What did Scottie say? (S) I was saying that if she's going to be in her bed, instead of mosquito netting, you have a silk netting. (Ark) No! A suit of armor like the warriors in the old times used. (L) I don't think that's very practical, dear. (laughter) (Ark) Silk is a Faraday cage. (S) Why silk? Why silk protects against these things is totally bizarre to me. (Ark) Well, it's made by animals. (L) It's made by caterpillars.

A: Mulberry.

What if it's not just about the silk itself, but how it is prepared. When silk is used in electronics, it still needs something added to it to make it electrically conductive. So, I wonder if the silk is soaked in something like colloidal silver whether that would do the trick? Would that make a sufficient faraday cage?

Two listed minerals in mulberries are iron and potassium. Is it possible to make colloidal iron? Or is there another way to get mineral nanoparticles into the silk?

Edited for another thought. When fabric is dyed, one of the ways that the colour is fixed is by soaking it in salt water.

Last edited:
Researchers now report a clever way to make the gossamer threads even stronger and tougher: by feeding silkworms graphene or single-walled carbon nanotubes (Nano Lett. 2016, DOI: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.6b03597). The reinforced silk produced by the silkworms could be used in applications such as durable protective fabrics, biodegradable medical implants, and ecofriendly wearable electronics, they say.

One of the most useful properties of graphene is that it is a zero-overlap semimetal (with both holes and electrons as charge carriers) with very high electrical conductivity.

Aaaanndd did someone mention armour?

Imperial College London researchers aim to reduce the weight of body armor by combining silk with graphene. The team hypothesized that by improving on the Kevlar layer, they could reduce the size of the ceramic outer layer, making the vest much more wearable.

There has been some investigation into using graphene as a hair dye - with some caution about it's safety - but would it work as a fabric dye?

Apparently graphene's cheaper cousin, graphite, is electrically conductive too.

Since graphene and graphite are carbons, from what I understand, and combining them with silk makes them tougher and more resilient, these sessions where carbon, DNA and light waves are mentioned are very interesting!

Q: Now, let me get to MY questions! You once said that the core of DNA is an as yet undiscovered enzyme related to carbon. Is that correct?

A: Yes.

Q: Here in this book it says:

"Evidence is accumulating that only a relatively small portion of the DNA sequence is for so-called structural genes. Structural genes lead to the production of protein. There are an estimated 50,000 structural genes with an average sized of approximately 5,000 base pairs, which then accounts for only 250 million of the estimated 3 billion base pairs. What is the rest of the DNA for? Some of the DNA is so-called repetitive sequences, repeated thousands of times. The function is unknown. The ALU, repeat, for instance, contains over 300,000 copies of the same 300 base pair sequence. Certainly this DNA is not junk and plays some important role in the gene regulation chromosomal architecture or chromosomal replication. Until 1977, it was thought that genes were single sequences of DNA that are coded into RNA and then into protein. However, further study has shown greater complexity. It is now known that there are pieces of DNA within a gene that are not translated into protein. These intervening sequences, or INTRONS, are somewhat of a mystery, but appear to be a very common phenomenon."

Now, is this thing they are talking about, these INTRONS, are these the core that you were talking about?

A: In part.

Q: What about this ALU repeat with over 300,000 copies of the same base pair sequence. What is it?

A: Tribal unit.

Q: What is a tribal unit?

A: Sectionalized zone of significant marker compounds.

Q: What does this code for?

A: Physiological/spiritual union profile.

Q: Could you define "tribal" for me?

A: You define.

Q: What does the rest of the DNA code for that is not coding for structural genes. What else can it be doing?

A: Truncated flow.

Q: Truncated flow of what?

A: Liquids.

Q: Liquids from where to where?

A: What is your sense?

Q: Well, what liquids?

A: Time for your input.

Q: Do some of these...

A: No. Not alright: we asked you a question!

Q: Okay. Truncated flow of liquids. I'm not even sure what that means. (A) Maybe something was flowing and something cut it off and stopped it and it cannot be developed. It means that something was cut. (L) Does truncated flow mean a flow of liquid that has been stopped?

A: Yes. Because of design alteration!

Q: Is this liquid that has been truncated a chemical transmitter?

Q: And would this chemical transmitter, if it were allowed to flow, cause significant alterations in other segments of the DNA?

Q: So, there is a segment of code that is in there, that is deliberately inserted, to truncate this flow of liquid, which is a chemical transmitter, or neuropeptide, which would unlock significant portions of our DNA?

A: Close Biogenetic engineering.

Q: I assume that this was truncated by the Lizzies and cohorts?

A: Close, but more likely Orion STS designers.

Q: Okay, can you tell us what this specific liquid or transmitter [is that] was truncated?

A: Think of the most efficient conductor of chemical compounds for low wave frequency charge.

Q: (A) Well, gold is one... (L) Acetylcholine?

A: No.

Q: (L) Water?

A: No.

Q: Saline?

A: Closer. It is a naturally bonding combination.

Q: (L) Okay, at the time this "Mark of Cain" came about, were there other humans on the planet that did not have this configuration?

A: It was added to all simultaneously.

Q: (L) How did they physically go about performing this act? What was the mechanism of this event, the nuts and bolts of it?

A: Are you ready? DNA core is as yet undiscovered enzyme relating to carbon. Light waves were used to cancel the first ten factors of DNA by burning them off. At that point, a number of physical changes took place including knot at top of spine. Each of these is equally reflected in the ethereal.

I stumbled on this old (1913) book about silk industry
Haven't read it, but maybe there are clues in it? I share it in case there are people interested.

I couldn't look through all 500 pages, but I did find this one chart that may someday, somehow become useful (famous last words of many a hoarder).

Attachments

• Silk-moisture-chart.jpg
    Silk-moisture-chart.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom