Elderberries Block Flu Virus From Attaching To and Entering Human Cells

If you pick them in the wild, you have to beat the birds to the berries. For the past 6 years I have watched some wild Elderberry trees. Just as the berries have looked ready and I thought to investigate, the birds would come and strip all of the berries to the point that the trees would look like they had just survived a tornado. lol

Chickens also love them! I had a chicken who would jump up and pick the berries from my elderberry tree! :-D

I have been making elderberry tea, following Andromeda's recipe and love the taste. I sweeten it with glycine and it tastes really good. I have been feeling under the weather off and on these past few days, but can do still do all kinds of chores, so that's a good sign. I also follow the rest of Gaby's protocol.

Thank you, everyone, I managed to find some affordable ones on amazon that will be back in stock 29/03 so have pre-ordered them. @Tuatha de Danaan, unfortunately, the one you linked to is out of stock, @mrtn thank you although I only wanted a smaller amount and the shipping to UK was around 14.50 euros. @aragorn yes I have the Pukka echinacea and elderberry tea so I have been drinking that, the only thing to be aware of is that it's only 6% elderberry and mostly made up of other ingredients.

It's just crazy that all these items are out of stock! Even the Vit C I usually buy has sold out. At least it shows that more people are interested in alternative health items!

Thank you, everyone, I managed to find some affordable ones on amazon that will be back in stock 29/03 so have pre-ordered them. @Tuatha de Danaan, unfortunately, the one you linked to is out of stock, @mrtn thank you although I only wanted a smaller amount and the shipping to UK was around 14.50 euros. @aragorn yes I have the Pukka echinacea and elderberry tea so I have been drinking that, the only thing to be aware of is that it's only 6% elderberry and mostly made up of other ingredients.

It's just crazy that all these items are out of stock! Even the Vit C I usually buy has sold out. At least it shows that more people are interested in alternative health items!
I have ordered the Pukka one myself. Didn't realise it wasn't very potent. Would it be worth doubling up the tea bags I wonder. Also Jenn and sorry to jump in on your conversation do you think it has helped?

I have ordered the Pukka one myself. Didn't realise it wasn't very potent. Would it be worth doubling up the tea bags I wonder. Also Jenn and sorry to jump in on your conversation do you think it has helped?
Well, without it the way I felt a flu virus was trying to break down my defense system, I would likely now have the flu. I added sodium bicarbonate a few days ago and now it seems like the good guys are winning.

Not really sure, I only had a headache and fatigue which came on this morning, no other symptoms. I started taking Vit C every hour as a precaution but my headache only reduced after I had the elderberry and echinacea tea, maybe it was just placebo though :lol:

In regards to the concerns of Elderberry increasing the chances of a cytokine storm, Stephen Buhner (Herbal Antivirals author) shared his stance. From what I understood: First, like in the book, he says there's no problem, elderberry is a cytokine modulator -- raises or lowers inflammation (1), but his next post says he never recommends the elderberry part but its leaves (2) and then recently says to not use it alone in large doses, you are meant to use it with the other herbs of the protocol that modulate inflammation.(3)

So I can't tell if he’s just being cautious as a disclaimer or the concerns are legit. A comment on facebook said he’s “had clients autoimmune conditions flare with elderberry”. (1)

Now, on his recent protocol, he opines that elderberry isn't strong enough for this coronavirus, its bark and leaves are stronger antivirals. (4) (Page 16)
Mentions he's been taking the leaf tincture high doses every day, almost half an ounce. (2)

In case the Leaf tincture turns out to be useful, here’s the instructions on how to prepare it. Page 16 (4):
“Boil four ounces of dried elder leaf (two ounces if fresh) in two quarts water until it is reduced by half. Cool, strain, then measure the amount of liquid left. To this add 25% pure grain alcohol. If your state will not allow you to buy pure grain alcohol (which is 95% alcohol) then after you cool and strain the liquid, put it in the pot again and reduce it once more by half. Let it cool again and then measure and add to it the same amount of 40% to 50% vodka, 50% is preferable. ”​
Or a ready made product. He recommends:
Leaf Undecocted (says to try a little first to see if it gives you nausea)​

About Licorice concerns over raising blood pressure:
Klinghardt, in his recent Q&A webinar, says he’s never seen that in his patients. At best it raises it 5 points. (5) [@ 00:04 min]
Stephen Buhner says that only happens in large doses over long times and used as a single herb (3) (in the comments section)

This post I’m unsure where to post it. My apologies if I'm mistaken

Recently Klinghardt had a webinar about the coronavirus (March 9th). Mentions a lot of things so I’ll post the essential in terms of treatments:

- Claims he’s treated SARS patients back in the day, no one died. Used the herb Andrographis [@ 14:40 min]
- Andrographis fantastic for lung complications, like in COVID-19 [@ 31:10 min]
- Can be taken for many months
- If you have money for one thing take Andrographis. If you have money for two things, add Vitamin C (liposomal or IV)” [@ 39:30 min]
- IV Vitamin C, 4g - 15g per day 3 days in a row, the earlier the better. Even the people that have the G6PD enzyme deficiency can tolerate 7.5 grams [@ 23 min]
- Nitazoxanide (Alinia) antiviral effects. Very well tolerated. Inexpensive in Mexico and South America and in China, India; expensive in the US. If suspicious of COVID use 1000mg twice daily for 10 days [@ 17:40 min and @ 27:30 min]
- Chloroquine is not as well tolerated. People usually throw up.
- Use either Nitazoxanide or Chloroquine.
- This coronavirus, like the flu, probably will be active for a few months and as the weather changes it will disappear. Don't think it's the big one yet [@ 43:25 min]

Things he mentioned: Reducing electrosmog (EMF), taking vitamin C, vitamin D3, Herbs (Skullcap, Licorice, …), Hypochlorous acid spray for cleaning objects and your nose, skin, hands and propolis vaporizer excellent for air purification. It also neutralizes mycotoxins in people infested with mold in their homes.

Now on his Q&A (March 10th)

Mentions that Nitazoxanide can take on the severe form of COVID
“Alinia has dramatic effect on treating COVID-19. I have on the ground information from the people in China having successfully survived the severe form of this illness” [@ 9:30]
He has given Nitazoxanide for up to 3 to 6 months for people with severe parasite infestation. For babesia and other Lyme co-infections. Don’t see a problem in using prophylactically.
Use Andrographis for the cytokine storm and lung complications.
- Selenium can use from 800mcg up to 2,000 mcg. [Personally, I’m unsure about this large doses]
For example in acute Epstein-Barr aggravation or Herpes Zoster, we use up to 2mg for 2-3 months. At that level, it works like ‘birth control’ for viruses including coronaviruses [@ 16:00 min]
- Waiting for nature to clear this virus. Like with the flu, SARS, MERS, these illnesses didn't go away because of a clever intervention by the US government. These illnesses came and stayed for a month. The same for Ebola. There's no great treatment for that. Most of us wait for this thing this to go away, hoping it’s not man-made groomed for destruction. If it’s something nature has created it, nature will also take it back. [@ 28 min]

Also Kresser had a webinar on March 14th. Highlights:

- Great emphasis on lowering stress, specially since that what most people struggle with.
He doubled his meditation practice, for example.
He thinks it’s gonna last months, not weeks -- 'a marathon not a spring'. Hence the need of stress management.
For that recommends: Mindfulness, Meditation apps (Headspace), Deep breathing, Yoga youtube videos (yoga with kassandra), Play time.
- Mindset — Positive attitude (Hardwiring happiness book)
Laughing is the antidote for stress — cant have both. So movies, quality time with kids, roughhousing, whatever brings you joy and laughter.
Connection - walks outside, video chat to stay connected
Play time - combats stress hormones
Purpose and service - critical to cultivate resilience
Important to stay grounded - youtube videos learning a musical instrument, a language, reading books fiction and non-fiction, cooking, slow down, napping more, sleeping well.
- Find opportunities to laugh and joy find time to play and stay connected with people that you love. Cultivate that resilience.
- Be of service to the community. Crisis can bring the good or bad in humanity; let’s bring on the best in us.

- Cod Liver Oil or Liver for Vitamin A. If you feel like you’re catching something, you can take very high doses of vitamin A for a short period. 50,000 IU, for example, twice a day for up to five to seven days.
- Vitamin D3 10, 000 - 50,000 UI a day for a few days.
- Zinc lozenges “Zinc lozenges support immune function and have also been proven to be effective in blocking coronavirus and other viruses from multiplying in the throat and nasopharynx. And you can use these several times a day as soon as you begin to feel symptoms. It’s best to lie down and let the lozenge dissolve in the back of your throat and the nasopharynx, so it really penetrates to those areas.”
- Propolis spray
“You can spray it in the back of your throat several times a day at the first sign of symptoms. I will also use it prophylactically when I travel, even when I am not experiencing symptoms”
- Bone Broth for the gut and especially since a good part of our immune system is there
- and various herbal formulations (Cordycepts, Rhodiola, Astragalus, Angelica sinensis, Ginger and Shuang-Huang-Lian Antiviral Formula)

- At the Q&A section, people asked about the concerns on taking the elderberry due to the cytokine response. He answered that in Facebook Stephen Buhners said its a immunemodulator… [@ 1:23:24]

For reference this is the elderberry question:
Tracy Scott 04:44 PM
This information has been circulating about elderberry and would love your take on it as I advise many of my patients to take elderberry - is it good or not for this particular virus. See below:
"Since Covid-19 is IL-6 mediated I would suggest avoiding remedies, such as elderberry, that boost these levels. Recent research by the Medical Science Advancement Program In Wuhan have determined that IL-6 levels appear to be 10x the normal amount in Covid-19 critically ill patients. This is why China is experimenting with rheumatoid arthritis medication as treatment because they brings these affected cytokines down. According to an expert colleague of mine, Dr Gail Clayton DCN, CNS, MS, RPH says:
“It will further increase the inflammatory cytokine IL-6 that combines with the high TGF Beta in the cytokine storm to damage the lung, kidney, and heart vasculature. If you are taking it for flu prevention then stop it now! When this pandemic is resolved and no longer a danger then you can resume it.”

Having also read Buhner (I quoted from his book in the other thread), the idea with elder and other herbs is not to eradicate the virus (that's near to impossible), but to support the various factors with the immune system, particularly those protecting the lower respiratory tract, and to slow down the havoc the virus is trying to do. So, just my layman's understanding, but even a small amount of elder might be of help if you are in relatively good shape otherwise. A combination of the Pukka Elerderberry tea and 1/2 teaspoon of licorice root powder (the European Glycyrrhiza glabra, not deglycyrrhized) would in my understanding be a good combination as a protective measure. At least, that's what I'm taking right now. I'm not infected, just "upping my shields".

Added: I'm not that concerned by the Corona virus itself, it's just another influenza, but I'm interested in these herbalist treatments and want to be prepared when the "big one" hits.

Crossposting what he wrote about elder and licorice:

SARS viruses attach to ACE-2 on the surface of lung, lymph, and spleen epithelial cells. (Licorice, Chinese skullcap, luteolin, horse chestnut, Polygonum spp, Rhenum officinale, and plants high in procyanidins and lectins such as elder and cinnamon block attachment to varying degrees.)

[...]
The virus very powerfully upregulates IL-6 and IL-8 in the epithelial cells. These particular cytokines concentrate around the immature dendretic cells and strongly inhibit their maturation. This in turn inhibits mature dendritic cells’ ability to prime the production of active T cells and allows the virus to enter and severely damage the lymph organs in the lungs. Stimulating dendritic cell maturation (cordyceps) and increasing T cell counts (licorice, red root, elder, and zinc) will reduce the symptom picture and disease severity.

Has anyone found an online shop who still has elderberries in stock? I have been searching and can't seem to find any in the UK!?
I ordered 8oz of syrup from VitaminShop for AU$77. Most sites seem to be out of stock of anything elderberry.

When I noticed all of the out of stock places I figured I'd buy 2 plants in case SHTF in the future and there is nowhere to buy. I have plenty of room in the back yard and so many recipes are available for its usage, so I figured why not.
No-one would think of pinching it as it looks like a native bush anyway.:-D

Laura and friends, thank you very much for this information. I knew about it for a while but did not have a solid proof.
I have been taking dry elderberries occasionally making teas with them - and my health is OK. I don't get sick often. I have to say that diet also helps, and cold treatment. It is strange how nobody on the mainstream media is talking about the benefits of raising overall body temperature by simply taking cold showers. If the world is concerned about the supposed virus thing - everyone should be doing this and the virus would have no chance of surviving in the body that has slightly elevated temperature as a result of gradual cold tempering.

I found this company in Russia that sells these:
20200317_153311.jpg
there are tiny dry elderberries inside. This is made by a Siberian company Staroslav. I paid 300 rubles for 1 bag of these in Russia 1 year ago. I hope I can travel there this summer and buy some more.

Attachments

• 20200317_153129.jpg
    20200317_153129.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 2
there are tiny dry elderberries inside. This is made by a Siberian company Staroslav. I paid 300 rubles for 1 bag of these in Russia 1 year ago. I hope I can travel there this summer and buy some more.
Or you can simply see if they have an online shop

I just found this comment on you tube. On one of Suspicios 0bservers videos (the same one I posted in Corona thread). A user commented about elderberries on a thread: I will copy paste it so you get all the important info regarding cv and elderberry.

Q to s0: Did you say that the flu vaccine makes you more susceptible to coronavirus?!?

A (probably Ben): Not me, the department of defense and US military

A (again Ben): like I said... if I am going to tarnish this show with COVID crap its gonna be good.

Another user chimed in with this (the reason why Im posting this) : Do not take Elderberry either.

Then someone asked (regarding elderberry comment) : Why not? I thought Vit C was protective. Thanks

Then another : Why not? Supplement store mgr told me that it keeps the virus from sticking in lungs..

Answer from the user that said elderberries are to be avoided : elderberry syrup activates the immune system by increasing inflammatory cytokine production. Cytokine Release Syndrome (CRS), aka cytokine storm, is a dangerous hyper-release of inflammatory mediators by the body. Some sources claim that there is an increased risk of cytokine storm with COVID-19. Theoretically, if this is true, elderberry could increase the risk of potentially fatal cytokine storm during Coronavirus.

Im not claiming anything about elderberry and I dont know if this is truth, or even if it matters if it is but I thought its better I post it since I knew there was a thread here recommending it.

Regards

Agron

Back
Top Bottom