Éiriú-Eolas Online Workshops and Practice - Public

Just a little thank you for yesterdays discussion. My mood was not the best since I spent the weekend with a lot of people I did not know before. Although it was very refreshing on the one hand it was tiring and demanding on the other hand. Always lessons to learn! OMG!!! :-D :wow::cool2: And something for @Ant22 : You very often give me hints, that I don't like at the moment, but next day I appreciate it very much! Much hugs to you all!:hug2::hug2::hug2:

And something for @Ant22 : You very often give me hints, that I don't like at the moment, but next day I appreciate it very much!
Well, do feel free to tell me whenever you disagree naorma :-) Like I said yesterday, I can only try and imagine how hard it must be for you and others to cope with the situation we had a chat about. My own circumstances are different so thank you for sharing your viewpoint. And based on what was shared yesterday I think you and others are coping exceptionally well, even if differently from each other. I sometimes wonder how I would deal with my family members being vaxed while I was reading about all the dangers and negative reactions to the jab. I think in such circumstances it takes a lot of strength to let them follow their own path while maintaining a positive relationship with them, so kudos to you :hug2:

Last edited:
After our discussion yesterday, I was thinking about how I am coping with my family having got vaxxed. Rather than being brave in the face of this, I‘ve ignored it. I don’t think I was being truthful to myself or you about how I‘ve coped. In the face of the very possible repercussions, I should treat them much more as a gift to be valued while I still have them, whereas I still take them too much for granted. That’s why I think I‘ve kind of been in denial vs coping well.

A helpful discussion for sure, so thanks for bringing it up.

After our discussion yesterday, I was thinking about how I am coping with my family having got vaxxed. Rather than being brave in the face of this, I‘ve ignored it. I don’t think I was being truthful to myself or you about how I‘ve coped. In the face of the very possible repercussions, I should treat them much more as a gift to be valued while I still have them, whereas I still take them too much for granted. That’s why I think I‘ve kind of been in denial vs coping well.
Thank you for sharing this Cassandra. I had a think about our discussion last night as well and I do wonder whether a part of that seemingly detached attitude towards your loved ones who have chosen a different path is somewhat linked to an answer the C’s gave in one of the early sessions:

Q: (L) So, in other words, some people may have to leave behind children or mates, or siblings or parents, is that true?

A: If so, will be prepared.
I wonder if maybe the current times that require so many of us to watch “the fate of the ignorant and unaware” unfold in front of our eyes are training wheels that will help us prepare to leave them behind when the time comes? And maybe at some level you have accepted their path sufficiently to let them do their thing without jeopardising your own destiny?

It’s hard to say Cassandra, I don’t wish to create an excuse for you to avoid looking deeper into your thoughts and feelings about your family. But that’s one possibility to maybe consider.

That said, I will admit that I found it a little curious when during one of the meetings last year I mentioned the vaccine side effects on my friends and coworkers, and then I apologised for being insensitive since people in our meeting were worried about the same effects on their loved ones, you said that it was fine, that it didn’t really bother you. So maybe there is some emotional blockage going on that has prevented you from not only accepting their choices intellectually, but also processing their impact emotionally. That may be something to ponder if you feel it’s worth doing. And if you ever decide you’d like to share, I’d love to hear your conclusions.

Last edited:
At that time, when you apologised for being insensitive, I was definitely emotionally attached, but I wasn’t bothered by the actual discussion of loved ones getting vaccinated. I remember the conversation. I‘m pretty sure my not being bothered referred to your perceived insensitivity, because prior to my family getting the vax, I was really worried and upset about their getting the jab. And it was an important subject. We aren’t exactly at a tea party on this forum, so it was relevant to bring it up, I think. And I try (of course, I do fail) to be honest.

Anyway, I appreciate that you are take an interest in our lives, and you are courageous enough to discuss delicate topics. I think it shows a caring attitude rather than insensitivity! It‘s rare.

Now that my family members getting vaccinated is a fait accomplis, I have detached. I‘ve always just switched off the emotions in hard-to-deal with situations when I feel there is nothing to be done. However, I feel I haven’t quite been aware enough that my loved ones may suffer severe consequences from the vaxx. I think there is a good possibility that I am still in denial to a certain degree. My youngest was the only one who took no supplements to deal with side effects, and she’s a vegetarian. I don’t know how I‘ll cope if the worst is realised, but I‘ll cross that bridge if/when I come to it. But meanwhile, I think it would be best if I treated them all with extra-special care and enjoy them as long as I can, plus constantly scrutinise my inner reactions and behaviour (as honesty as I can). I still feel grumpy with them sometimes over trivial issues.

Which stoic said, when you feel annoyed over things in life, is it really important? Bear in mind, we‘ll all be dead soon!

Edit: typos.

At that time, when you apologised for being insensitive, I was definitely emotionally attached, but I wasn’t bothered by the actual discussion of loved ones getting vaccinated. I remember the conversation. I‘m pretty sure my not being bothered referred to your perceived insensitivity, because prior to my family getting the vax, I was really worried and upset about their getting the jab. And it was an important subject. We aren’t exactly at a tea party on this forum, so it was relevant to bring it up, I think. And I try (of course, I do fail) to be honest.
Thank you for clarifying this Cassandra, it looks like I misunderstood. I remember the conversation the way you do, I just read more to your words than I should have when it was clear you were referring to what I apologised for. You didn't say anything to imply otherwise.

I don’t know how I‘ll cope if the worst is realised, but I‘ll cross that bridge if/when I come to it. But meanwhile, I think it would be best if I treated them all with extra-special care and enjoy them as long as I can, plus constantly scrutinise my inner reactions and behaviour (as honesty as I can).
I'm not an expert but it seems to be a useful and sensible approach to take :-)

It's interesting, I was quite speaking-lazy on Monday. :lol: I was kind of relieved that you talked so much and I didn't have to say so much. I enjoyed listening to you.

My husband and my daughter and many dear people around me have been vaccinated. For me it was also very, very difficult to deal with it at the beginning, but they are all independent people and I still love them as much as before and some do the same with me. Others avoid contact. But I really focus on seeing the person and not whether he or she is vaccinated. And I hold on to the other issues that connect us. And maybe the day will come when my help is needed, of their own free will, then I will be there. :flowers:

I just wanted to share that I have some friends that got vaccinated and I wasn't telling them not to do it because they did it only not to lose their jobs. But I told them about supplements they can buy to help with side effects and none of them weren't interested. Did that change our friendship? Not really. I would never go that far to buy them supplements myself and give them, although I did that to my younger sister because we are really connected and when she called me that she had to get vaccinated in order to go to hospital with my little niece (because last time she was waiting 5 hours outside in the rain) what I did was I got online that instant and was searching for a pharmacy in Dublin that delievers their products. I live in Croatia and I needed quickly something to be delivered in Dublin so I found a pharmacy that if you spend over 40 Euros they deliver stuff to your doors, so I bought supplements from the list from forum, most of them are found in anti-age products (so you'll now) and some vitamins for my niece and they were delivered next day in noon. Thankfully. For now as we know, my sister doesn't have any side effects but god knows, sadly her husband and she also decided before vaccination that they wouldn't have any more children because what they've heard about babies being born from vaccinated parents and niece being sick all the time. So me getting maniacal and intervening in their lives :lol: was apprecieted, I wouldn't do it if I read otherwise. I am seriously trying to respect Free Will usually ;-).

Very interesting conversation above!

The impact of the remark "How was your relationship to your daughter before Covid" was that I started thinking: Am I giving her enough? Shouldn't I try to give her more love? Of course my both daughters are going their own ways . . . but with this thinking brought me back to see her as that shining person she is or was before

Back
Top Bottom