Éiriú-Eolas Online Workshops and Practice - Public

Hello everyone. Just to let you know that there will be no EE meeting today. Take care and see you next Monday.
Perhaps those that want can do it at this time anyway although each on their own.

BTW: In Europe, we have shifted to Summer time. If Mexico is UTC/GMT - 6 Central European Summer Time is UTC/GMT+2 making for a difference of 8 hours.
See Time Zone Map

UTC/GMT is also called Zulu Time, see
Current “Zulu” Military Time has:
Why is Zulu Time Called Zulu Time?
Zulu time is the military name for UTC and is used primarily in aviation, at sea, and in the army. Its time is fixed at prime meridian: 0°(zero degrees) longitude; this position is the reason for its other names Z-Time and Zero Time.

Zulu itself came about because pilots wanted to make themselves understood over the radio. The “Z” in Z-Time became “Zebra” and later “Zulu” when the NATO phonetic alphabet changed.
If you look up the METAR for your local airport, it will use Z time and write for instance 271800Z meaning in METAR code language the 27th of the month at 1800Z.
For current Z time see also Zulu Time - exact time now - Time.is

Hello everyone!

I think most countries that change time have changed already and it seems that the meeting may have become too late from some people, so I wanted to see if it would be better to change the time.

I'll put a suggestion below with the time of the meeting for some of the countries from which most of our Thursday/Friday attendees are.
[Just to be clear, this is for the Thursday meeting (which is on Friday for Russians and Australians :-)), NOT the meeting on Monday]

Is the following better for the regular Thursday attendees?
  • Mexico City, Mexico - Thu, at 7:00 pm
  • Los Angeles, USA - Thu, at 6:00 pm
  • Miami, USA - Thu, at 9:00 pm
  • Toronto, Canada - Thu, at 9:00 pm
  • Calgary, Canada - Thu, at 7:00 pm
  • Auckland, New Zealand - Fri, at 2:00 pm
  • Sydney, Australia - Fri, at 12:00 noon
  • Moscow, Russia - Fri, at 4:00 am
  • Novosibirsk, Russia - Fri, at 8:00 am
[I selected two locations per country because some are very big and have different time zones :lol:]

Hello everyone!

I think most countries that change time have changed already and it seems that the meeting may have become too late from some people, so I wanted to see if it would be better to change the time.

I'll put a suggestion below with the time of the meeting for some of the countries from which most of our Thursday/Friday attendees are.
[Just to be clear, this is for the Thursday meeting (which is on Friday for Russians and Australians :-)), NOT the meeting on Monday]

Is the following better for the regular Thursday attendees?
  • Mexico City, Mexico - Thu, at 7:00 pm
  • Los Angeles, USA - Thu, at 6:00 pm
  • Miami, USA - Thu, at 9:00 pm
  • Toronto, Canada - Thu, at 9:00 pm
  • Calgary, Canada - Thu, at 7:00 pm
  • Auckland, New Zealand - Fri, at 2:00 pm
  • Sydney, Australia - Fri, at 12:00 noon
  • Moscow, Russia - Fri, at 4:00 am
  • Novosibirsk, Russia - Fri, at 8:00 am
[I selected two locations per country because some are very big and have different time zones :lol:]
I’m okay with this change. This is an hour difference from the original correct?

suggestion below with the time of the meeting for some of the countries
Thank you Yas. Some things are (1) keeping me occupied and (2) require an early to bed / early to rise MO, accounting for my being AWOL recently and for the near future. When things steady out, these suggested times seem good. Thank you.

Reactions: Yas
The east coast US time at 9 p.m. is usually okay for me. Thanks for putting this up. And thank you for your efforts to keep the practice going.

Reactions: Yas
Back
Top Bottom