Éiriú Eolas class in Mexico

Luis Miguel

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
We had an EE intensive class in Mexico City on June 10 and 11 (Saturday and Sunday). Ana Huitzil, Navigator and me were in the 1st one, and Marina9 joined us in the 2nd one. We had 11 participants; 6 from the Facebook event - one of them was a SOTT reader -, and 5 from the place that rents us the space for the clases. The staff there recommended the classes to the participants of other workshops and classes. Mabar was also there for the 2nd class ;D It was very nice to see you Mabar! The director of the place took the class too and he was very happy at the end.

It was very fun. We have been studying to improve the clases, make them more dynamic, and to get the participants more involved. We also recommended some books and writing exercises.

During Sunday, the chat got pretty good and people were more open. A couple of participants suggested to organize a whole weekend EE retreat to a calm place out the city, some place with nature. We have been thinking about this for somo time now too, and it would be very nice. All the participants of that class were interested, so we are planning it. We'll see.

Also, the online classes are still going on and the participants have been happy about it and the results, but we still need to post an image or flier in the FB page and in the EE page to receive more requests. Yas was in one of the last ones and her input and comments were very helpful.

We also have the idea of uploading videos of the classes and more specific talks - nutrition, psychology, books... - in the Youtube and Facebook pages of EE in Spanish.

We'll update here as soon as we have the dates for the next class.

Any idea or feedback is very welcome.

It was indeed very fun Luis, and I also got to learn a lot about the chats and the people that assisted :)

I just got an idea, maybe for the next EE class we can take with us some visual help? I dunno about the tools we may have like a projector or something, but if not like posters or something? So in that case it's not just the talking but explaining with images may also help and make the class a bit more interactive :)

Just my 2 cents :headbanger:

That sounds super Luis!

I was thinking and the only thing about retreats is that people can be very different at different parts of the day. They may be pleasant while on the program, but as the period of time shared grows that "pleasant fellow" program runs empty. So not to burst the bubble but rather to add a bit of caution.

I think adding videos of articles and concepts from SOTT is a great idea, also sharing small clips from classes and with a voice over or a text on screen describing what's being done and inviting people to participate. I think that can get the word out there and the interest growing.

Whatever help you may need. Do not hesitate..:)

Other than that, kudos to you guys, it's really amazing to learn that EE is moving forward.

It sounds like it was a great class indeed! I'm very glad to read that!!!

The retreat sound good, but I guess it should be planned wisely so that people can benefit the most without it being too extenuating.

We'll see how we go about the online classes, I'm up for that and any other help you need!

Keep it up guys!! :thup:

That was a pretty good turnout and sounds like a great class. Congratulations.

Doing EE out in nature sounds like a fine idea. The times I've done EE outside were fantastic.

Congrats on the successful EE class! A pretty good sized group of people, too. Hears to continued Growth of Knowledge! :clap: :headbanger:

Sounds like a wonderful experience! :clap: :thup:

The natural retreat is a great idea, people get so much more relaxed in nature. There might be shelters in natural parks or calm places that might offer a good opportunity for an EE retreat.

As people attend the classes, they will naturally become interested in other activities or books. I think it will grow naturally as you all meet the need that arises.

Cheers for this EE classe and more to come :)

Gaby said:
Sounds like a wonderful experience! :clap: :thup:

I agree, keep up the good work.

The natural retreat is a great idea, people get so much more relaxed in nature. There might be shelters in natural parks or calm places that might offer a good opportunity for an EE retreat.
I agree, a natural place to do the process.

As people attend the classes, they will naturally become interested in other activities or books. I think it will grow naturally as you all meet the need that arises.
I found this to be the case, especially when offering 'cookies' to help the chat flow along. :)

Cheers for this EE classe and more to come :)
:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom