Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Vulcan59 said:
Okay, here is the transcript for the "Breathing Intro" portion of the audio. The "Breathing Count" portion has been done by Smallwood he'll post it here soon.

Thank you SO much for this Vulcan59 ... for me it`s FANTASTIC because i dont speak the language very well, and in this way it makes me a little bit easier...

Thank you again!!!

Vulcan59 said:
Okay, here is the transcript for the "Breathing Intro" portion of the audio. The "Breathing Count" portion has been done by Smallwood he'll post it here soon.

Thank you so much Vulcan!!

Wonderful!

Just listened to the audio intro. This is great stuff - you
must have been really busy getting things together so
quickly. I was glad to hear that you found the articles by
Ingraham useful! It could be interesting to have him do
a podcast on the subject.

I wait anxiously to see the video; can't watch it now since
I'm on the road. I'm also going to check with my special
therapist guy what he thinks about this hyperventilation-
numbness issue.

Keep up the good work!

GotoGo said:
It happens when one functions from 'intellectual' part of centers rather than 'mechanical' or 'emotional' part of centers, which means using 'controlled' attention. You can observe it in any practices/exercises that require 'controlled' attention. And interestingly enough if you continue more after 'yawning' is observed, you will reach the point where suddenly 'fresh' energy will be supplied.

Thanks :) I'll keep continuing, and not letting this yawning business get in my way !
I believe I'll be moving more towards using the emotional center, when I get so used to the technique, that I don't need to count in my head anymore.

Helle,

I'm a "yawner" as well ... and thanks to GotoGo for the suggestion. Will keep on breathing through the yawning.

I've had a bit of problems with the counting. Not within the cycle, but "counting to twelve". After 6 I generally don't remember if I had already done 6 or not ... :-(.
So I've come up with a handy little solution (at least for me). At the start of every cycle I state the month ... so I start with January, then February etc., trying to visualize something that makes this month unique. So now it's easy for me to remember where I am at.

Of course you could also take the 12 apostles as basis for your count ...:-))

Anyway ... works for me!

nicklebleu said:
Thanks Laura and team for this fantastic effort!!

Some minor anatomical clarification:

Yeah, I intended to say that the scalenes were in the "triangle" but got off on describing the parameters of the triangle and then just kept going without the crucial remark. I'm trying to get used to recording this sort of thing but I do tend to freeze up a bit in front of a microphone and have to remember to breathe and pace myself.

nicklebleu said:
I've had a bit of problems with the counting. Not within the cycle, but "counting to twelve". After 6 I generally don't remember if I had already done 6 or not ... :-(.
So I've come up with a handy little solution (at least for me). At the start of every cycle I state the month ... so I start with January, then February etc., trying to visualize something that makes this month unique. So now it's easy for me to remember where I am at.

Of course you could also take the 12 apostles as basis for your count ...:-))

Anyway ... works for me!

I use a child's abacus. You could also have 12 pennies or small stones and just move them from one pile to another with each in-breath.

Aragorn said:
I'm also going to check with my special
therapist guy what he thinks about this hyperventilation-
numbness issue.

I'll be explaining a bit more about what can happen when doing breathing exercises - especially the long, slow, deep breathing - on the last segment - the audio portion. It is very powerful and deep and can really do an emotional and karmic cleansing!

As for the hyperventilation, one bit of feedback we got pretty quick from a person who attended our "class" who had suffered from panic attacks was that it was way too much like panic and triggered all the feelings of panic and she just didn't wanna go there. That is understandable. And I even wonder if one of the reasons that AoL has the non-disclosure agreement is to prevent anyone who has negative reactions from talking about it afterward?

My own experiences are that the hyperventilation can, indeed, create physiological sensations that mimic an altered state of consciousness, but I don't see it really producing any deep, lasting changes.

Laura said:
I'm trying to get used to recording this sort of thing but I do tend to freeze up a bit in front of a microphone and have to remember to breathe and pace myself.

This got me thinking about how as a kid me and my sister and our friends use to play with a tape recorder, recording ourselves talking/singing/playing and generally having a lot of fun and silliness for hours. I remember the gaps where we would freeze up too. More so my sister and our friend.
Wish I could remember clearly what I said to help them get over that. I realised at the time I didn't have trouble with the pauses.

Best I can figure is that it was to do with our level of enjoyment. If we focused on the fact we where recording something we would pause and panic (or panic and pause)....as if it was something so incredibly important, which I can see now the negative introject kicking in with things like 'what if you say something stupid?'. As soon as I reminded them that we where doing it for fun (and it didn't matter if it Was stupid as long as it was fun) and that we could just go back and record over something we didn't like there where no more pauses. Although the others then did start wanting to keep stopping a rewinding the tape! :lol:

It was clear to me you did enjoy talking about these things and you relayed them well because of this osit. The only pauses I can remember off the top of my head seemed to happen when you where talking or about to talk about emotive issues. So (and this seems to be very odd to me mirroring you of all people) perhaps that is something to look into? :)

On a slightly different note I did notice something interesting myself last night. I tried following the count after relaxing a little first, and noticed that it produced no were near the same relaxation as following the count after listening to the intro. So I listened to the full intro again and then followed the count and it was twice as relaxing as the day before. This may be useful if people find they are struggling a little just following the count straight off. Seems some general relaxation may be required before following it (and I do find the intro very relaxing!).
I've always had tension around my head, neck and shoulders as long as I can remember, and to feel it melt away is amazing. To also be able to feel emotions again (without shutting off/feeling over whelmed) I cannot thank you enough for. And this is just after two attempts and its only the intro!!!

Here is the breathing count file transcription:

Laura said:
Breathe in---2---3---4---5---6---Hold!---2---3---Out---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---Hold!---2---3
In---2---3---4---5---6---Hold!---2---3---Out---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---Hold!---2---3
In---2---3---4---5---6---Hold!---2---3---Out---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---Hold!---2---3

Warm Thanks to you Laura and the whole team!
I recently have been quite busy but I'm downloading it right now!

I just have one question regarding the breathing exercises. Do I need to be perfectly healthy in order to perform the exercises? I mean that I'm now experiencing a cold, I often sneeze and the phlegm makes me breath more difficultly. In this situation should I not hesitate and try the exercises or should I wait for my respiratory system to be in a better condition? I'm just wondering if the exercises can actually help in the cold treatment.

Thank you once again!

A warm thank you to Laura and the team!

What I'm wondering, should the timing (breathing count) of the excersice exactly the same? Or is the main important point: exhaling should be longer than inhaling? Because the time for the outbreathing is too short for me, there is still too much air in my lungs.

Vulacan said:

Thank you, the first thought has been as I listened to the podcast, maybe Vulcan is doing a transcript for it. ;)

Johnno said:
I was doing this exercise and the cat jumped on my lap and started purring. The thought came to me that this may be their way of doing pipe breathing , even though the scientists don't know why and how they purr.

Throat singing has the same effect for me as well, as that Vagula nerve gets rattled around a bit and the breathing is very similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kDXGSwiRmA&feature=related

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khoomei

Here is a link for one group making throat music, I find very extraordinary:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rylii-HXDME&feature=related

I have been doing the prayer and the breathing with it for about a week and then journaling afterwards. Following the instructions in the transcript one has a rhythm like breath in, hold, breath out until the air is gone, hold, start over just as is described in the audio instructions. It has been immensely powerful for me. When I feel something I might describe as an emotional release, I am usually NOT thinking of a particular event to instigate it. I am thinking of the seed and suddenly a release or something happens. I just try to keep breathing through it. I honestly think I need the seed as part of this meditation. Without it, my mind is very unruly.

This was perfectly timed for me because I was just realizing how direly I was in need of emotional cleansing when this transcript came out. THANKS!!!

Avala said:
So it actually: 6-3-10-3 formula? It easier for me to remember it and to count when thinking like this.
I've not much familiarity with how to write/read these formulas, but in my opinion it is 6-3-9-3 formula :)

Back
Top Bottom