Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Just a quick thank you to Trevrizent for the quote, it was most useful. I have definitely been feeling more fearless since that moment.

"This is the time when a man has no more fears, no more impatient clarity of mind - a time when all his power is in check, but also the time when he has an unyielding desire to rest. If he gives in totally to his desire to lie down and forget, if he soothes himself in tiredness, he will have lost his last round, and his enemy will cut him down into a feeble old creature. His desire to retreat will overrule all his clarity, his power, and his knowledge.

"But if the man sloughs off his tiredness, and lives his fate through, he can then be called a man of knowledge, if only for the brief moment when he succeeds in fighting off his last, invincible enemy. That moment of clarity, power, and knowledge is enough."

I am no where near this point yet, but the part about giving in to tiredness really struck a cord.....it has been my escape for years. :/
It showed up more around my depression (brain chemical imbalance) but even since a teenager I could/would sleep half the day away at weekends. I still will given the chance. To see the above has come as a shock, as I never realised I use it as an escape.......I always thought that I was just too tired (then more so body chemical imbalance etc). Maybe my bodies imbalance has become partly my method of escape/avoidance of the emotional parts to my problems in life....much to think about.
One thing I've been trying to do since reading this is to 'do' even though I may be tired/exhausted, and not use it as an excuse not to 'do'.

Aaron said:
I have listened to the audio at least twice in full now, and have watched the introduction DVD (the warm-up exercises) numerous times and yet this was still not completely clear to me until I read this post; it was not clear to me that throughout the entire EE program (excepting the pipe breath) one should breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. Thank you for clarifying this.

You breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth in pipe breathing as well - the only difference is that the pipe breathing is constricted. This might have been what you meant, but just in case...

anart said:
Aaron said:
I have listened to the audio at least twice in full now, and have watched the introduction DVD (the warm-up exercises) numerous times and yet this was still not completely clear to me until I read this post; it was not clear to me that throughout the entire EE program (excepting the pipe breath) one should breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. Thank you for clarifying this.

You breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth in pipe breathing as well - the only difference is that the pipe breathing is constricted. This might have been what you meant, but just in case...

Yep, I got it. In through the nose and out through the mouth, throughout EE program :P

Thanks for the extra clarity. I did misspeak, I was pretty tired when I made that post. :zzz:

daco said:
Last week when pipe breathing late at night without any expectations, appeared flash I saw with eyes closed and as soon as the flash appeared that opened my eyes almost automatically (reflex).
It happened to me last week (I'll just mention that I am this week, almost the whole week I didnt do breathing or meditation after the flash of light appeared in pipe breathing, which I found a bit strange and it just happend after the flash :huh:.)
But the weird flash was only light,I see it with my close eyes.
I cannot explain what it could really be, I was fully awake,counts in and out breath,I did not sleep and suddenly flash appeared out of nowhere and it was gone when I was open automatically my eyes (it is a reflex reaction).
You might want to say that I worked pipe breathing completely naturally, without expecting anything, like a man when he is thirsty he drink water and perhaps because it,appeared the flash, otherwise I do not know how to explain that flash of light.

not associated with EE program, but sometimes, when i lie with my eyes closed before falling asleep, i can see moving spots of light; most often a single one but sometimes there are two or three of them. it's like someone was pointing a flashlight at me from a distance. the light seems to be very strong (like from a halogen lamp or something) but is never blinding. it disappears when i open eyes and often returns when i close them again. the whole thing is rather odd but i, for some reason, perceive it as positive.

i know of other people who have been seeing those lights too so maybe your experience is something similar.

[quote author=lostinself]not associated with EE program, but sometimes, when i lie with my eyes closed before falling asleep, i can see moving spots of light; most often a single one but sometimes there are two or three of them. it's like someone was pointing a flashlight at me from a distance. the light seems to be very strong (like from a halogen lamp or something) but is never blinding. it disappears when i open eyes and often returns when i close them again. the whole thing is rather odd but i, for some reason, perceive it as positive.

i know of other people who have been seeing those lights too so maybe your experience is something similar.[/quote]

Count me too! ;)
I had many times I close my eyes before I go to sleep and I see all kinds of lights flashing very much like strobe lights.
I thought it' odd but I think many people has it. Also I often experience loud noises scares the living soul out of me. :shock:
Lately no strobe lights since the EE program. :)

When I first introduced the breathing program into my life, it kept colliding with the structures of my daily routine. I tried various rearrangements of my routine, but it kept getting squeezed out. And then I paused. I realized that the breathing program must become the centerpiece of my day, and that everything else must arrange itself accordingly. What a difference that has made! It's like a "new creation," as though my days are emanating from an entirely different source. I think they are emanating from the very breath of God!

I just want to jump in here about the lights people are seeing. These are actually a normal part of the process, and in fact, they're the first stage in altered states of consciousness, i.e. shamanic "hallucinations". David Lewis-Williams talks about these universal experiences in his book The Mind in the Cave. He calls these lights "entoptic phenomena". He writes:

Lewis-Williams said:
The exact way in which entoptic phenomena are 'wired into' the human nervous system has been a topic of recent research. It has been found that the patterns of connections between the retina and the striate cortex (known as V1) and of neuronal circuits within the striate cortex determined their geometric form. Simply put, there is a spatial relationship between the retina and the visual cortex: points that are close together on the retina lead to the firing of comparably placed neurons in the cortex. When this process is reversed, as following the ingestion of psychotropic substances, the pattern in the cortex is perceived as a visual percept. In other words, people in this condition are seeing the structure of their own brains.

In addition to psychotropic substances, this process occurs during meditation/dissociation (i.e. it is helped along with trance-inducing activities like drumming, dancing, chanting, as well as sensory-deprivation, physical discomfort, etc.).

I have also noticed a small, intense white light like a flashlight in the distance while meditating before I fall asleep. Sometimes I will see the exact opposite as well, a very dark black spot that also is at a distance. I never see them together. Usually I see the white light. Occasionally I also see waves of light flow by like auroras.

Beautiful light structure & time dilution

Thank you, Approaching Infinity, for the info about light.
During Mondays and Thursdays breathing programs there was a loss of time sense, i must have zoned in and out during the whole program. EE seems running in zero time. I remember somebody posting here he/she had to shorten the bioenergetic part, because finding it too long. For me however Laura's voice seems to do a full series of counting in zero time ending the three series always "at the beginning", this way it feels as if the approx. one hour program would take a minute. [in direct opposition of finding the whole program "running for ages" weeks ago] The meditation part seems that it had gone on for hours at the same time i wonder why the five prayers lasted just seconds and then wonder again why Laura says them so many times, seems much more than five. Concentrating on the third eye, "looking up" with closed eyes while Laura saying POTS a breathtakingly beautiful lines connected star-map or milky-way style visuals appear, like "starry night sky". The "sharp in mind"-part releases some beat or wave, feels like a rush of power looking like a strong current of surging silver light extinguishing in dark shades of purple, then the horizon lighting up again. I feel refreshed, strong, as if after a good nights sleep. [?] :-o

3 times a week doing the full program, i'm determined. Not really intimidated by the thought that it can bring to surface latent brain disorders, as long as i have clarity that shows immediately: if a thought was wishful thinking probably induced by the predator and it's [estimated] distance from a healthy thought produced by healthy mind.

Thank you JonnyRadar for posting - Don Juan & "The Enemies of a Man of Knowledge" on: September 30, 2008, 01:13:54 PM

anart said:
Le Rhino said:
I don't think I should practice this any more. I don't feel well, there's some sort of cognitive dysfunction going on I don't like you or even want to associate with this place, this is very difficult for me, I'm not sure it's right. I feel close to having some sort of psychotic episode the anger is very hard to control. I need to go I think i have to talk to someone this forum isn't the place for me right now. sorry.

Rhino, I'm sorry you're going through such a difficult time. Stop the breathing program. The meditation itself is healing, so if, after some time, you feel like you'd like to continue on with that, then do just that.

Understand that what you're going through will pass - don't push yourself, relax, be gentle with yourself and take some time off. We'll be here if you decide at some point that you'd like to return.

No need to be sorry - it is good that you are self-aware enough to know that something is off and that you need to stop.

I just have to commend anart for such a beautiful example of compassion for another's pain bolstered by generous respect for their free will--a foretaste of what society will be like in a world dis-infected from psychopathy.

kenlee said:
So it could be that you are identifying with these states of “I’m full of energy” and “I’m depressed” and when you identify with one then imo it’s going to, at some point, become it’s own opposite.

kenlee said:
If you identify with these energy dynamics and call it ‘I' then something is gonna happen in the outer world, that will set the conditions, (see the General Law of Mouravieff) that's going to take this energy back (and subtly so) to 'keep you in your place' using your own subjective weaknesses, your states of unconsciousness, your psychological states and the fixed beliefs that you have of yourself to work against you.

Thanks for this new perspective on it, kenlee, you've explained it really good. My "understanding " of the General Law has only been theoretical and rough; your post helps me to tie it together with what I'm experiencing at the time being. :) Also my "understanding" of identification has been enhanced a tiny bit. (Which doesn't devaluate your description of the process, but simply shows my position on the learning curve. - Ha ha, this is assuming you're identified with your description of it, which would be projection from my side, lol).

Laura's 'heads-up post' had me shaken up pretty much and made me realize that I was indeed not taking good care of myself. I didn't even realize how worn out I was before Laura pointed out that something was not right with what I was experiencing with EE. Again, thank you, Laura !

And I had a conversation with somebody, who's pretty close to me, saying how he'd observed me since starting EE and how I suddenly had been having severe mood swings. He also said that on the one hand I'm all about truth, but then I'm approaching it in a wrong way, i.e. much too extreme, which could lead to a destructive path if I didn't slow down and modify my approach, and I saw he had a big point there. I realized that I have hardly any feeling for myself when it comes to noticing when I'm doing harm to myself.
So on the one hand I've recently realized that being gentle to oneself is very essential, but then I'm only realizing now that first of all one has to learn what being gentle to oneself means, and RedFox also mentioned something along these lines in this thread. Just sharing this fwiw.

But this is just one layer, another one is how to manage these different feelings coming up via EE, that is applying non-identification and self-observation, being a rock amidst breakers (this is a German expression, hope it makes sense), which ties in with what kenlee described.

So what I've been doing recently is taking it much slower, practicing belly breathing in my all-day life, doing only the Prayer and there's much more strength and stability in me.

Smaragde said:
For a month now i gave up doing the BAHA portion, i only do the three stage breathing and the meditation. You can't imagine how horrible i felt about myself at first, for not being able to go through with the whole thing like everyone else. But i don't mind anymore. I feel better, i feel i am healing, and most importantly, i do it at MY pace Smiley And that fills me with pride for some reason: it's like i am me and i am unique and i need my unique pace Cheesy Boat Tongue And i will persevere. Smoking

It's great that you were able to realize it yourself, Smaragde, and you're so right about doing things at one's own unique pace. That's so essential !

And Rhino, I wish you well and hope you're having someone competent to guide you through your current condition. Get well soon! :flowers:

Smaragde said:
Thank you for sharing, puzzle. And do not feel you are alone.

Thanks as well for sharing, Smaragde, your post has been very helpful, too! :) And let me just quote one snippet from your post as a reminder for everyone who needs to be reminded of it as well:

Smaragde said:
But it is not the program who created all those negative toxic suppressed emotions in me, or the program and the DCM who created the toxic environment i live in, or my forum participation that drives me nuts. The EE program, the DCM and this community are actually my only ways out of body/mind/emotion/spirit toxicity.

And they all (all negative thoughts and emotions) come now to the surface because i started a cleaning up process. It's only natural. Like doing a body detox, and we go through detoxification crisis, and we need to slow it down a bit.

Not a lot to report this week as far as the Breathing-Meditation sessions are concerned. I am still waking up two to three hours early and unable to get back to sleep, yet overall, as last week, feeling more energised. This week has seen a a great deal of flatulence.

Reference Louise Hay, in You Can Heal Your Life,
Flatulence – Gripping fear. Undigested ideas.

From research that I have been carrying out, anxiety has come up as a major factor in my life.

Reference Lise Bourbeau, in Your body’s telling you: Love yourself!
FLATULENCE
EMOTIONAL BLOCK
… Fear of not having enough and being anxious about it.

MENTAL BLOCK
Flatulence is a sign of worry and unjustified fear. Assess your life as it is right now and you will begin to see the cup half full rather than half empty. Worry is an indication that you are living in the future rather than the present. Be here and now and you will become more aware of your blessings. Let go and be less possessive of what you have.

Certainly with the positive effects of the Breathing-Meditation programme and the beginning of the FotCM, ‘the cup is half full.’ And, I guess I need to let go (that has been tricky in the past (is now?)), to relax and let life flow through me, and to start sharing more of my experiences, instead of holding on to them.

James Hollis in Swamplands of the Soul said:
Anxiety is the price of a ticket on the journey of life; no ticket – no journey; no journey – no life. We may run from anxiety as much as possible but we thereby run from our only life. … so we are impelled to face what we cannot face, bear what we cannot bear, name the unnameable that haunts us.

… the path of anxiety is necessary because therein lies the hope of the person to more nearly become an individual. … “You must make your fears your agenda.” When we take on that agenda, for all the anxiety engendered, we feel better because we know we are living in bonne foi with ourselves.

our characteristic response patterns to swampland stress is reflexive in character, tied to past experience, we are obliged to re-imagine ourselves in order to live in the present.
[emphasis mine – what I need to do]

Hi Trevrizent,

Very interesting, thanks for this.

Wouldn't the picture would be completed by including that anxiety is often artificially induced by toxicity in our physical and psychological environments?

Also, I would prefer Hollis' quote to read "obliged to remember ourselves" - Maybe I'm nitpicking.

Hi puzzle,

Thank you for your post, it made me think that i ought to pay more attention to external consideration here when posting. I leave out compassion and my awakening love for fellow human beings from my posts, because i had the -Lacking warmth of feeling-program running for so long its hard to get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom