Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

puzzle said:
As for brain chemistry imbalances, I don't know. What came to mind today is that there was a time when I was regurlarly consuming cannabis in my early twenties. And I thought that the related effects are now coming to the surface. Could that be a possibility?

I think that might be a good possibility, puzzle, drug usage does change the brain chemistry, and even if cannabis is the lesser of evils, the ways it is grown nowadays, what is sprayed on it, etc, it just makes it way too toxic for the body and the nervous systems. If you follow the forum guidelines for detox and healthy eating, all these issues will clear out in due time. It's not easy and it takes of lot of patience though! I am on detox and anti-candida diet for a year now, and there's layers and layers of it each time, and for sure there's chemical imbalances in me. I don't feel entities but mostly daily i feel like i am going nuts!

I do feel like Rhino expressed above (perhaps to a lesser degree?), hating the program and hating the cosmos and everyone and everything at times. But there's a part of me that knows that it's because i feel so bad, and the program kind of started this bad-feeling so i blame the program and throw my angry fists to the Divine Cosmic Mind. But it is not the program who created all those negative toxic suppressed emotions in me, or the program and the DCM who created the toxic environment i live in, or my forum participation that drives me nuts. The EE program, the DCM and this community are actually my only ways out of body/mind/emotion/spirit toxicity. And they all (all negative thoughts and emotions) come now to the surface because i started a cleaning up process. It's only natural. Like doing a body detox, and we go through detoxification crisis, and we need to slow it down a bit. For a month now i gave up doing the BAHA portion, i only do the three stage breathing and the meditation. You can't imagine how horrible i felt about myself at first, for not being able to go through with the whole thing like everyone else. But i don't mind anymore. I feel better, i feel i am healing, and most importantly, i do it at MY pace :) And that fills me with pride for some reason: it's like i am me and i am unique and i need my unique pace ;D :boat: :P And i will persevere :cool2:

puzzle said:
Now I'm a bit worried: does my experience really indicate a mental illness or a brain chemistry imbalance?

I don't think there's a reason to worry, perhaps slow down a bit like Laura says, and do only the pipe breathing and meditation portions of the program. So far, MOST - if not all - had some negative stuff coming up with the BAHA. And Cannabis use or not, we most have brain chemistry imbalances due to inappropriate upbringing, and transmarginal inhibition just by living now in this world. My personal humble opinion so far is that the pipe breathing and the meditation are the best in the program :thup: :P

puzzle said:
Just thought this is part of the process that things are coming up and even need to come up. And once they are processed, however long it may take, well, they are done with.

In any case, thanks for the heads up, Laura, I'll take it more slowly if that is necessary and watch the effects even closer, just to make sure.

That's great :) Thank you for sharing, puzzle. And do not feel you are alone.

Fwiw.

the last couple of full sessions I have been experiencing a strange effect: normally I am able to see and concentrate on a spot between the eyes, to which is often referred to as the third eye (I don't actually know if this is in my case the case). Sometimes images seem to emerge from this spot. But lately I go through several prayers where I am not able to concentrate on this spot, no matter how hard I try. It seems then that my vision is turned outward. I can compare it as if the eyeprotection sometimes seen on a horse are taken off and I am able to look in a much greater angle, almost behind my ears. This experience is on the one hand exciting to go through, but on the other hand it is scary (and slightly painful), especially as I cannot seem to control it. No matter how hard I try I cannot turn my eyes, my vision into a smaller angle. I don't see anything in particular during these periods, but I feel me looking in this much wider angle. After a couple of prayers it goes away and the regular spot between the eyes is there again and I can focus or not focus on it when I want so. Does anybody else has experienced this, or has anybody a idea of what this could be? Feedback much appreciated on this.

Last week when pipe breathing late at night without any expectations, appeared flash I saw with eyes closed and as soon as the flash appeared that opened my eyes almost automatically (reflex).
It happened to me last week (I'll just mention that I am this week, almost the whole week I didnt do breathing or meditation after the flash of light appeared in pipe breathing, which I found a bit strange and it just happend after the flash :huh:.)
But the weird flash was only light,I see it with my close eyes.
I cannot explain what it could really be, I was fully awake,counts in and out breath,I did not sleep and suddenly flash appeared out of nowhere and it was gone when I was open automatically my eyes (it is a reflex reaction).
You might want to say that I worked pipe breathing completely naturally, without expecting anything, like a man when he is thirsty he drink water and perhaps because it,appeared the flash, otherwise I do not know how to explain that flash of light.

I didn't think this would be worth posting but i think I might share it anyways, it struck me as odd.

a couple nights ago i was doing EE, and somewhere in the middle of it, twice actually, my neck made a strange involuntary manuever.
It really felt more like something "snapped" in me, although it was not accompanied with any emotional stuff, my sessions are fairly uneventful as of late, which admitably, is kinda nice.
so anyway, that's basically it. My neck jerks involuntarily, i feel a snap (was not painful) and all i can think is that it may just be my body making adjustments to itself somehow? :huh:

I've been able to 'snap' or 'crack' a specific spot in my neck for a couple of years now, but since EE began, it's become more frequent. It's not painful, but I suspect that like the ligaments in my right ankle which like to crack into place now and then (the result of an old injury) these things will heal in time with emotional cleansing.

abstract said:
I didn't think this would be worth posting but i think I might share it anyways, it struck me as odd.

a couple nights ago i was doing EE, and somewhere in the middle of it, twice actually, my neck made a strange involuntary manuever.
It really felt more like something "snapped" in me, although it was not accompanied with any emotional stuff, my sessions are fairly uneventful as of late, which admitably, is kinda nice.
so anyway, that's basically it. My neck jerks involuntarily, i feel a snap (was not painful) and all i can think is that it may just be my body making adjustments to itself somehow? :huh:

Well, I've been having quite a few "cracks" - not sure if that's the same as your "snaps" - in my neck and ribcage since I've started with the program. In my case, I feel it being a consequence of increased work in the respiratory muscles, helping to unlock some minor muscular tensions.

Trevrizent said:
RedFox, I came across the following post whilst doing some filing yesterday and you may, or may not, find it helpful for what is happening in doing the Breathing-Meditation programme, and our responses to it, the challenges that arise.
[snip]
Quote from: The Teachings of Don Juan, p. 35
[SNIP]

Thanks for posting this Trevrizent! This is first I came across it. Very powerful... could it be in fact true? I mean, is this the sort of thing that awaits one doing the Work on himself? Well, I will keep this in special folder to read once and awhile.

[edit fix quotes]

Hi Breton

From my perspective, in my Work, I'm still defying fear, fully afraid and yet other than stopping, so I'm following the advice in the first stage, and awaiting full transition to the next stage; there is a little clarity of what is emerging from doing the Breathing-Meditation programme.

Gertrudes said:
abstract said:

Well, I've been having quite a few "cracks" - not sure if that's the same as your "snaps" - in my neck and ribcage since I've started with the program. In my case, I feel it being a consequence of increased work in the respiratory muscles, helping to unlock some minor muscular tensions.

I've also had a many "cracks" at the lower head area the last couple of months, but nothing involuntary.
fwiw

Incognito said:
Gertrudes said:
abstract said:

I've also had a many "cracks" at the lower head area the last couple of months, but nothing involuntary.
fwiw

I've noticed many physical adjustments since starting the program, the earliest of which was cervical. I had a long-standing mis-alignment of my 4th and 5th vertebrae. My physio gal was getting really bored with having to put it back each time I came in! Once day during the three-stage breathing I fidgeted my head a little and it dropped into place with a snap. It's not gone out since.

I've also had a lot tension release the thorax which has made for better breathing on the whole. I swear I've even felt some release in the deep muscles in the lower torso (psoas?)which caused some short term pain in the thigh muscles, because they had to adjust to the new length. The upshot of that has been better overall posture.

Psyche and soma are completely intertwined, so on the psychological side, it seems to have translated into a deep sense of steadiness and calm. Good thing 'cause I've really needed those two qualities lately. Add the emotional healing of the baha breath and the POTS and it's really remarkable. Healing on every level all at the same time! What other meditation program can do that for you? :flowers:

Herondancer

So then, it is probably a good thing that our stuff is cracking or snapping, assuming you don't hurt yourself somehow. So far i believe i've been doing EE for a month and a half maybe, there are some benefits you don't even notice until they've been happenning for a while. I wake up waaaay less tired than i used to, I breathe from the diaghphram automatically now, it feels weird to go from the chest like i used to. I don't have as much random irrational fear either. I have found nothing detrimental about doing the program. :D

abstract said:

I commonly have involuntary movements that sound similar to what you describe, although I would consider mine to be spasms or twitches. During the meditation phase these spasms will happen with a greater force then is usual throughout the day, although at a level common for me for any meditative experience. However, the EE program seems to have alleviated this to a large degree. My neck has generally been an area in which this is highly pronounced, and during a visit to the movie theater (I saw 2012) last weekend it was not as noticeable as it has been in the past.

Laura said:
anart said:
<snip>

So, throughout all of it - 'in through the nose and out through the mouth'. Only during pipe breathing should it be restricted like the Darth Vader breathing (to stimulate the vagus nerve).

Exactly.
I have listened to the audio at least twice in full now, and have watched the introduction DVD (the warm-up exercises) numerous times and yet this was still not completely clear to me until I read this post; it was not clear to me that throughout the entire EE program (excepting the pipe breath) one should breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. Thank you for clarifying this.

I wanted to ask further about the pipe breath and the visualization of "cleaning of the glasses" or the "Darth Vader" voice: In the Yoga classes I have done, where they have also emphasized a tightening of the back of the throat, the proffered "image" was to imagine oneself as making the 'sounds of the ocean'. Would someone very familiar with the EE program please either try this out for me or share your already existing knowledge/experience and let me know if this is also an adequate visual to hold in one's mind? To me it seems to achieve the same desired affect and is much easier for me to use (probably because that is how it was first described to me) but I would very much like some feedback to ensure that such an "image" is appropriate.

abstract said:

Might have more to do with the warmup exercises than the actual breathing. I've had cracking in my neck mostly while rolling and turning my head at the beginning. Maybe you pulled a muscle in your neck?

Aaron said:
I wanted to ask further about the pipe breath and the visualization of "cleaning of the glasses" or the "Darth Vader" voice: In the Yoga classes I have done, where they have also emphasized a tightening of the back of the throat, the proffered "image" was to imagine oneself as making the 'sounds of the ocean'. Would someone very familiar with the EE program please either try this out for me or share your already existing knowledge/experience and let me know if this is also an adequate visual to hold in one's mind? To me it seems to achieve the same desired affect and is much easier for me to use (probably because that is how it was first described to me) but I would very much like some feedback to ensure that such an "image" is appropriate.

Yes, it is. The sound that is supposed to be produced during pipe breathing, sounds very much like the sound of the ocean. In my yoga training my teachers would use both the Darth Vader and ocean sound to help us understand. But make sure to breath out through the mouth saying a gentle Haaaa.... in pipe breathing, because in yoga classes the out-breath is usually through the nose too - fwiw.

Back
Top Bottom