Eclipsed Realities Or parallel Timelines?

Redrock12

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
About two months ago I was outside of my apartment having a cigarette at about 6:30AM, and talking to an acquaintance of mine who I'll call Mel. Just to give you some background, Mel is 78y/o and does not believe in God or prayer. In short a dyed-in-the wool atheist. Mel is fairly well-educated, having taught electronics for twenty-seven years. He is presently receiving treatments for cancer and has a grandson who is receiving cancer treatments as well.
Anyway, out of the blue he told me about an incident I can only describe as high strangeness, that happened in 1989.
Mel and a few friends were in southern Saskatchewan one weekend when he suffered a serious heart attack, so serous that he almost died. An ambulance was taking him to Regina with his friends following. While being transported and semi-conscious, Mel had a vision of a man.
During this trip, the ambulance had a tire come off its rim. A tow truck was called, the necessary repairs done, and they were on their way.
Now here's where it gets even stranger. After Mel was operated on and out of danger, Mel was gob-smacked that the vision of the man he saw was that of the operating surgeon. Also, when the tire incident was brought up by the surgeon in the presence of Mel's friends, who were following in the van, they were aghast. They swore up and down there was no tire problem with the ambulance, that they followed it incident-free, non-stop, all the way to Regina.
The only reason I can think of for this bizarre incident is that if another time-line wasn't inserted that kept the ambulance on the road, that Mel would have died, and for whatever reason, it wasn't his time.
FWIW

Addendum: When the ambulance had the tire incident, the driver radioed ahead to the hospital who informed the surgeon, they would be late, so there was another confirmation. As well, the ambulance driver had a copy of the repair bill which, I think, he showed to the guys who had been following in the van.
High strangeness much?

I remember reading a few years ago of a famous case where in the 1920's a ship in the Atlantic Ocean stopped to rescue a British sailor from out of the sea. He was in a very bad way as he had been adrift for some while. He had a life belt around him that had the Cutty Sark's name on it. From memory I recall that the rescued sailor told his rescuers that he had been in a naval battle with a German ship but his ship (the Cutty Sark) had been sunk by gunfire. He then lost consciousness. What baffled the rescuers was that the First World War had been over for several years by this time and the Cutty Sark had never been involved in the conflict since she was an unarmed sailing ship, a 'wool clipper'. She still exists to this day as a museum ship in Greenwich, London. The man was taken to hospital in New York when the rescue ship docked but he subsequently died. The authorities were never able to establish his identity. What the story suggests is that the sailor had some how come from a different timeline, one where the First World War had continued and the Cutty Sark had been turned into an armed merchantman. If I can dig out the story in the magazine I read it in, I will post it.

About two months ago I was outside of my apartment having a cigarette at about 6:30AM, and talking to an acquaintance of mine who I'll call Mel. Just to give you some background, Mel is 78y/o and does not believe in God or prayer. In short a dyed-in-the wool atheist. Mel is fairly well-educated, having taught electronics for twenty-seven years. He is presently receiving treatments for cancer and has a grandson who is receiving cancer treatments as well.
Anyway, out of the blue he told me about an incident I can only describe as high strangeness, that happened in 1989.
Mel and a few friends were in southern Saskatchewan one weekend when he suffered a serious heart attack, so serous that he almost died. An ambulance was taking him to Regina with his friends following. While being transported and semi-conscious, Mel had a vision of a man.
During this trip, the ambulance had a tire come off its rim. A tow truck was called, the necessary repairs done, and they were on their way.
Now here's where it gets even stranger. After Mel was operated on and out of danger, Mel was gob-smacked that the vision of the man he saw was that of the operating surgeon. Also, when the tire incident was brought up by the surgeon in the presence of Mel's friends, who were following in the van, they were aghast. They swore up and down there was no tire problem with the ambulance, that they followed it incident-free, non-stop, all the way to Regina.
The only reason I can think of for this bizarre incident is that if another time-line wasn't inserted that kept the ambulance on the road, that Mel would have died, and for whatever reason, it wasn't his time.
FWIW
Wow,

That is some story! and perhaps just to be thorough with the story, could he have been hallucinating the events in the ambulance? He was semi conscious and no one else remembers the events as he does, except the surgeon? but how would he remember?

I do find it interesting, symbolic even, that the person that came during the fix of the ambulance was the same that would eventually fix his heart. So perhaps a very vivid imagination in moments of agony, or some high strangeness, or maybe even a premonition of what was to happen, like seeing into the future perhaps?

They swore up and down there was no tire problem with the ambulance, that they followed it incident-free, non-stop, all the way to Regina.

As well, the ambulance driver had a copy of the repair bill which, I think, he showed to the guys who had been following in the van.
High strangeness much?
It is unlikely that the two guys following the ambulance had the same memory lapse at the same time. There migh be many possible explanations but what comes to mind is a possible missing time episode. While the ambulance was being repaired, they "weren't there", and then they came back on the road after the repairs were finished. A strange occurence indeed.

Here is another parallel universe story that I read in the same article (but not from the source article linked below).

Lerina Garcia woke up one morning and noticed minor differences. Her sheets were unfamiliar, and the pajamas she was wearing were different from the ones she'd gone to sleep in. Her day got weirder when she went to work and discovered that her office was no longer hers, and she worked in the same building, but in a different department, under a boss she'd never met. Bamboozled, she returned home, only to find that her ex-boyfriend was there — only he wasn't her ex, he was her current boyfriend. Her new lover, whom she'd been dating for months, was nowhere to be found. Lerina believes she woke here, but she's from a parallel universe where the differences are as small as her bedspread, and as significant as her love life.
Read the full story here: Ghost Theory

These stories are not as uncommon as you would think. I remember reading of another concerning a man who had an operation in a small local hospital but after he recovered and was discharged he could never find the hospital again. Some of these tales could come straight out of the Twilight Zone but the people who experienced them consider they were for real. You cannot rule out some form of psychosis of course.

I also recall that in one of the early transcripts, the C's referred an acquaintance of Laura to a car journey he had made years before where he drove along a road he was very familiar with but the surroundings and things he saw that night just seemed quite different from normal. Perhaps someone with a better memory than me may recall which transcript this episode was from.

Lerina Garcia Gordo's story is different from the others because she finds herself permanently in what she perceives are her new reality. Most other stories are short in and out visitations that remind me of this part of the 29April1995 session:

Q: (T) Strangest town I have ever seen. Talk about David Lynch! (J) Divulge. (T) I was driving down through southwest New York one night. I was out of high school. I used to get stoned then too, so a lot of my experiences aren't dependable because I got stoned. I went through a town one night down there in the Southern Tier, in the Finger lakes area, and it was the strangest thing. I have been through all these little towns, and there's usually people and stuff. Not a lot, but at least somebody around. It was about nine or ten o'clock, and I went through this town; it was two story buildings built right up to this 2 lane main street, with a little narrow sidewalk, and it was like driving into a canyon, and the buildings went straight up into the air. There was a street light every so far, but they were those little yellowish bulbs that don't cast much light on the street. There was absolutely nobody out there. There was nobody in any of the buildings, they were all boarded up and shut down. It looked like a town but it didn't look like a town. It went about four blocks. I came back out of it, turned around and drove through it again because I didn't believe it. I could never find it again, and I didn't know the name of it.

Lerina Garcia Gordo's story is different from the others because she finds herself permanently in what she perceives are her new reality. Most other stories are short in and out visitations that remind me of this part of the 29April1995 session:
mkrnhr: Thanks, that was the account I was thinking of. It looks as though it was Terry, Laura's brother who had the experience in that case. I think more people have these experiences than we realise. Redrock's friend Mel's experience though seems more like something out of Philip K Dick's The Adjustment Bureau.

I remember reading a few years ago of a famous case where in the 1920's a ship in the Atlantic Ocean stopped to rescue a British sailor from out of the sea. He was in a very bad way as he had been adrift for some while. He had a life belt around him that had the Cutty Sark's name on it. From memory I recall that the rescued sailor told his rescuers that he had been in a naval battle with a German ship but his ship (the Cutty Sark) had been sunk by gunfire. He then lost consciousness. What baffled the rescuers was that the First World War had been over for several years by this time and the Cutty Sark had never been involved in the conflict since she was an unarmed sailing ship, a 'wool clipper'. She still exists to this day as a museum ship in Greenwich, London. The man was taken to hospital in New York when the rescue ship docked but he subsequently died. The authorities were never able to establish his identity. What the story suggests is that the sailor had some how come from a different timeline, one where the First World War had continued and the Cutty Sark had been turned into an armed merchantman. If I can dig out the story in the magazine I read it in, I will post it.
I was talking to my twin brother today about this tale and he reminded me that in his recollection of the story it was the S.S. Titanic and not the Cutty Sark that the sailor came from. This would mean that in the parallel universe the sailor came from the Titanic never sank in 1913 and went on instead to fight as an armed merchantman (they called them Q ships in WW1) until she was sunk in action in the 1920's by a German warship in an extended version of the First World War. My brother is a physicist and reminded me of the 'Many Worlds Theory' (or Multiverse) of Hugh Everett, which was further developed by people like John Archibald Wheeler. See Many-worlds interpretation.​

It is worth mentioning that the C's once openly resented a reference that was made to 'Quantum Theory' during a session since they evidently view quantum mechanics as proven science rather than just theoretical. They also said it was possible for people to create an alternative universe if they wanted to, assuming they knew how. I came across this article on parallel universes, which includes a contribution from a gentleman called Frederick Dodson who has studied the subject and written a book called 'Parallel Universes of Self', where evidently he has performed experiments himself trying to do this and, if his story is true, has had some success. See Stories of Crossing Over to Parallel Dimensions or Worlds. I should add that I haven't read his book.

FWIW
I need to make a couple of corrections to this account. A few days ago I queried Mel again on his version of events. Apparently he did not have an actual vision of the surgeon who was going to operate on him, but saw a doctor who was riding in the ambulance with him. At the time he was delirious and slipping in and out of consciousness. However, he was on the verge of death and the doctor in the ambulance told him after the operation that he didn't think he was going to make it.
The second correction is the people who were with him when he had his attack were his wife and brother-in-law, not a couple of friends. But he said his wife and brother-in-law still swear that they were right behind the ambulance all the way to Regina non-stop, with no tire problems.
But my bad, I accept the blame for the inaccuracies. Next time I post something I'll be more diligent in getting my facts straight.
Apologies:oops:

I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate thread for what I have to say, but it's been over a week since I've been twisting my brain to figure out the following, and the possibility of a change in reality keeps coming to my mind.

I read very few novels when I was young. One of the few to have really marked me is LA NUIT DES TEMPS by René BARJAVEL. I don't have a very good memory in general, but I remember very well that I particularly enjoyed this book. The title, author's name and cover are etched in my memory. And I can still see myself reading it in certain specific places in my environment at the time.
Wanting to immerse myself in history, about 35 years later, I buy the book ...
And I am now totally puzzled! I don't know this book! No passage from the current book comes to mind. It's just not the same story at all. I asked myself so many questions throughout the book that I didn't even appreciate it enough. And I remain frustrated not to have found the story that I expected.

Both stories evoke the end of an advanced civilization and the organized survival of a couple to perpetuate the human species. But the parallels end there as far as I can remember.

I know that memory can play tricks, but I cannot imagine that this is the case so much for this precise point.
Funny thing, the previously read book was REPLAY by Ken Grimwood. The notion of a time loop could possibly explain a change in the content of the offending book, but I would only remember the last updated version.

So maybe I'm losing my mind. The most reasonable explanation is poor memory, but the more I think about it the more it drives me crazy. I am totally obsessed with the conflict between what I remember and the evidence to the contrary that I have in my hands.

In short, I needed to express my current perplexity and frustration. And if it's just a big memory problem, what else can I trust on much more important topics ?

Both stories evoke the end of an advanced civilization and the organized survival of a couple to perpetuate the human species. But the parallels end there as far as I can remember.

I know that memory can play tricks, but I cannot imagine that this is the case so much for this precise point.
Funny thing, the previously read book was REPLAY by Ken Grimwood. The notion of a time loop could possibly explain a change in the content of the offending book, but I would only remember the last updated version.

So maybe I'm losing my mind. The most reasonable explanation is poor memory, but the more I think about it the more it drives me crazy. I am totally obsessed with the conflict between what I remember and the evidence to the contrary that I have in my hands.

In short, I needed to express my current perplexity and frustration. And if it's just a big memory problem, what else can I trust on much more important topics ?
At work, some times, I think I replied to some body on a specific problem resolution. But I really didn't, based on history of log or what others said. I can understand so many things are flying all over the place, it is easy to "Thought of doing with specific action plan" got forgotten by subsequent events. "Thought" became a reality in mind even though it is not implemented.

Sleep can be a source of all sorts of information/disinformation. It is hard to know. On a mundane level, this reminds me the Timothy Wilson's book "Strangers to ourselves".

We still don't know the mechanics of how Parallel timelines are created and how thoughts contribute to it. I am not talking about individual thoughts, but group of people in specific situation. Then, external factors like upstairs guys influencing or our own soul( which can live in different timelines) can create them. C's did hint about some scenarios - abduction scenarios, scenario mass expectations showing up as material reality (sunken ship materialize from different reality). This is a complicated subject.

Back
Top Bottom