Eat Right 4 Your Metabolic Type by Dr. Cass Ingram

Divide by Zero

The Living Force
Hi group,
I've been reading Eat Right 4 Your Metabolic Type by Dr. Cass Ingram and was wondering if anyone else read it.

Instead of being based on blood types, he says that environment/climate play a big role on what type of endocrine function one has. Also he mentions that a medical crisis can shift someone from one type to another due to stress on the related glands.

A short summary of the four main types that most fit in:
Thyroid (slow metabolizer) - usually gains weight easily (more around the stomach), has thick skin, square or rectangular head, ring finger longer than index.
Adrenal (fast metabolizer) - usually thin, easily frustrated, sensitive to sound, attracted to sugar/alcohol, ring finger shorter than index or same length
Pituitary (super-slow metabolizer) - gains weight easily (around the legs and buttocks), round/chubby face ("baby face"), more relaxed/positive attitude, very sensitive to chemicals and smells, delicate skin
Thyroid-Adrenal - which is a combination of features of those two groups

The one thing that I am not sure about this book is that he mentions the ratio of ring finger to index finger as an indicator of types. I thought that was related to sex hormones in the body?

Robert

Hi Robert,

Yes, this book has been discussed and found to be very useful in developing ones optimum diet and lead to current detoxify practices. It is in this thread here: Blood type diet.

Please do use the search function.

The one thing that I am not sure about this book is that he mentions the ratio of ring finger to index finger as an indicator of types. I thought that was related to sex hormones in the body?
Yes, connections have been made linking sex hormones to finger size. the quiz in this thread is an example but that doesn't mean it is the only factor. As far as types it could be true in some cases but not all, but it is really a side issue when much of the book has been very useful to many on the forum.

Pob said:
Hi Robert,

Yes, this book has been discussed and found to be very useful in developing ones optimum diet and lead to current detoxify practices. It is in this thread here: Blood type diet.

Please do use the search function.

Actually, Pob - the book on that thread was written by Dr. Peter d'Adamo - and the book brought up by Robert is by Dr. Cass Ingram, so they appear to be two different books, unless Robert has the author mistaken.

anart said:
Actually, Pob - the book on that thread was written by Dr. Peter d'Adamo - and the book brought up by Robert is by Dr. Cass Ingram, so they appear to be two different books, unless Robert has the author mistaken.
Thanks for the correction Anart and sorry Robert, this book has such a similar title to Eat Right 4 Your Type I thought it was the same.

Yep, different author. He mentions how the blood type diet doesn't take a couple of factors into account like climate and endocrine type.

Back
Top Bottom