Earthquakes around the world

Update:

Last edited:
Yes, very active and it has been for a while, just not big ones above 4.5. Of the total for the last 7 days 449 out of 2345 worldwide happened in PR. That is 19.1%, which is quite a bit considering the small size of this US 'colony'. The size of Puerto Rico is 9,104 km2 (3,515 sq mi).
Puerto Rico Jan 7th 2020.png

Here is a picture of PR with the earthquakes above or equal to 4.5:
Puerto Rico Jan 7th 2020 4.5+.png

3-4 minutes
It had already been an eventful day in Iran: The country had just launched missiles at United States forces based in Iraq and an airliner carrying at least 176 people crashed shortly after takeoff from Tehran on Wednesday, killing everyone on board.

Then just before dawn, a 4.5-magnitude earthquake struck southern Iran at a depth of about six miles, the United States Geological Survey reported, in the same region as the troubled Bushehr nuclear power plant. It struck just as Iranian leaders were trumpeting their strike on two Iraqi bases housing United States forces, in retaliation for last week’s American drone strike that killed Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, commander of Iran’s elite security and intelligence forces.

No casualties were immediately reported, but rescue teams were working at the site, Jahangir Dehqani, managing director of the Bushehr crisis management agency, told the state-run IRNA news agency.

The quake was reported about 30 miles from the Russian-built Bushehr nuclear plant. The plant, which is monitored by the International Atomic Energy Agency, has long been seen as a safety concern by Western countries. It has been plagued by construction delays and technical problems, and is on an active fault line. Experts have feared that could lead to an accident on the scale of the Fukushima disaster in Japan, or even Chernobyl.

A 5.1-magnitude quake struck the same area two weeks ago.

The plant became operational in 2010, after years of delay. Six months after it began operating, its reactor had to be shut down because of cooling system problems.

In 2012, the plant was shut down to limit damage from stray bolts found under the fuel cells, Reuters reported, citing a Russian industry source.

Tehran has cast the Bushehr plant as a showcase of its peaceful nuclear intentions. Two more reactors are planned for the same site. Construction on the first of those began in November.

Iran, with its many active fault lines, has a history of catastrophic earthquakes.

In 2003, a 6.6-magnitude quake killed at least 26,000 and flattened the historic city of Bam, in Kerman province. In 1990, at least 30,000 people died in an earthquake in Gilan province along the Caspian Sea.https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/02/...lback=false&imp_id=881531832&imp_id=631002588

In 2013, a 7.8-magnitude earthquake hit southeastern Iran, the most powerful earthquake to strike the country in 40 years, though it caused relatively few casualties and only minor damage because it originated so deep underground.

ENwtTa1XsAEXa-K

This last week saw 1 earthquake greater than 4.5 out of 83 and 1476 out of 2316 earthquakes worldwide of all sizes. This amounts to 63.7%.
Last week had 4 earthquakes worldwide greater or equal to 6.0. In the usual map area, there were 0 of 110 worldwide of magnitude 4.5 or greater and 1709 of 2487 of all sizes. This equals 68.7%.
Earthquakes 7 days to Jan 12th.gif

Last edited:
Greetings from Puerto Rico....Hope everyone is as well as can be. How can one prepare for an earthquake(s) that can/will strike at any moment of the day/night? As the 1st rolling and shaking trembled my soul, I kept repeating to myself, "We are souls, not bodies". I wasn't afraid, just shaken. As the unpredicitable rembling continues/continued, I just started sending our Earth Mother healing Love. That calmed my spirit tremenduously.

Many I've spoken to are frightened, but pissed off too as there are people among us that have yet to recover mentally and physically from the devastation of IrmaMaria & the continued corruption. Everything is uncertain, however, aren't we moving every second into the unknown? Be Well.

Here are some videos relating to the earthquakes and what folks on the ground are contemplating.

Last week had 4 earthquakes worldwide greater or equal to 6.0. In the usual map area, there were 0 of 110 worldwide of magnitude 4.5 or greater and 1709 of 2487 of all sizes. This equals 68.7%.
The numbers for this week: 2 out of 79 earthquakes worldwide greater or equal to 4.5 and 1518 out of 2180 worldwide of all sizes in the map area. That amounts to 69.6%. Is pressure slowly building up again after dropping significantly 2 weeks ago following the bigger quakes off Vancouver Island?
Earthquakes 7 days to Jan 19th.gif

Back
Top Bottom