Dream Symbols

Ben said:
Hi Gimpy, could you explain to me your statement that the concepts she has are sound? I remain very skeptical about dream dictionaries and that entire approach to dream interpretation.

Interesting that this thread has been revived, although these kinds of dreams have become less frequent for me now.

I've found my dreams also have changed since beginning the Work. :)

What was useful from the dream book of MSR's is her interpretation of the symbols: water=spiritual issues, hair=thoughts/ thinking, shoes or lack of=how the path of life is traveled, cars-vehicles=physical body.... Its more of a psychological symbolic approach. I've not found this in other dream books. Its been accurate for me for a number of years, and I've used it alot. That is fading naturally in doing the Work.

I think the more aware a person becomes the less the subconscious needs to use intense dream symbols to communicate.

I've also found that once concentrated on doing the Work, my dreams don't distract or distort like they once did. Maybe its that predator thing...the negative or controlling 'whatever' doesn't want to work that hard? Perhaps the forming soul finds a better route of communication after a while?

At the moment my life is in a state of Inertia. To find out why I've been thinking it through and going over threads here on the forum. Some of the threads are older but still help in figuring out why I'm stuck. :) I've just ordered "trapped in a mirror", and the thread on Failure and a few others are helping in figuring out what's going on in my head.

The dream interpretation thing is a thread I wanted to post to some time ago, my apologies for taking so long. :-[

Gimpy

Not sure if I'd call it stuck, blocked or what, but I've always had repeat dreams... nothing but repeat dreams... outside of those work pressure types... probably 3-4 years or so of them... and if you start asking too many questions while they are going on they fade out... so perhaps I need to practice lucidity in them better, but they are mostly very boring... like another day in the life... just walking on and on.. sometimes I'm only in the background... they operate like a long running tv series... each episode covers some of the last and moves forward a little bit... (only 3 or 4 seem symbolically significate)... and they have started to merge at times... as they meander around... I've thought it seems like a 'block' or being 'stuck' issue as well, but I've never heard of anyone having this issue before with their dreams... but they do seem to represent my life currently... as if I'm just wandering around looking for something... but they always just fade out if you start thinking too much such as 'I wouldn't do that' etc... or like a somewhat boring episodic tv show... one you just get bored with and turn off. But then, it does still represent my life... looking for another piece of the puzzle.. or something new and different... as the current play has become rather tiresome....

Ah, well... perhaps not 'stuck' but unable to find something of more interest... so they continue to meander along until perhaps I do... or so it seems so far anyway. :zzz:

Back
Top Bottom