dream: i had to kill the most beautiful girl in the world

Iconoclast

Jedi Master
recently i had a disturbing dream i wanted to share.

(some basic info: these days i remember my dreams much less than i did years ago - most of the time i only have a vague feeling that i've dreamt something, sometimes i don't feel like i've dreamt at all.)

i often have dreams where the object is to outrun or outwit some foe. some are intense, some are just entertaining (like that time where i saved the US president (michael j. fox) from the bad guys with the last bullet in true john woo fashion. :D

this time the enemy 'faction' was not quite defined, but i found myself being attacked and in mortal danger.

strangely my main attacker was an actress called amy smart ( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005442/ ).
now in reality i consider her to be just absolutely perfect looking - what i call 'brainmeltingly hot'.
there are of course many many very hot women in hollywood, but whenever i see her picture, i get what feels like a little kick to the adrenalin gland. (i'm sure you know what i mean, i assume that happens to everybody when they see someone who just 'clicks' with them, for a lack of a better word).
it sounds corny, but to me she is the archetype of beauty.

anyway, so there i found myself being attacked by this gorgeous girl. she threw poisonous needles, almost like the character 'bullseye' in the movie 'daredevil'.
(added info: i have an intense dislike for needles)
she could hurl these needles with deadly accuracy over a distance of several dozen meters. she hit me in the side of the throat and in the leg several times. she was absolutely rampaging, already having killed several people (whose bodies were lying in the background). she was unresponsive to my desperate calls for sanity and peace.
so i felt i had no choice but to kill her.
somehow i got her to the floor and started chocking her throat. the conflict between her beauty and my having to kill her made me cry almost uncontrollably. through sheets of tears i could see her losing conciousness. i felt unable to finish the job, it was too much. there was another person there, who was on my side. i sobbed to him 'i can't do it, i just can't kill her! you'll have to finish her.'
he took over and finished the dirty deed.

(added info: i am quite aware that in real life i lack what is commonly referred to as 'killer instinct'. when playing something as trivial as darts or table tennis, and i'm ahead, i just can't finish my opponent off because i feel sorry for him)

interestingly the dream didn't end there, but there was a jump in the storyline to the point where i (for some reason) arrived at my parents' house and under tears told them what had happened and hadn't they seen it on the news?
after this information was out, i woke up, somewhat disturbed.

i usually hardly remember any of my dreams, and most make no sense when put into words, but this one left a lasting imprint, so i had to write it down.

one interpretation that jumps to mind is the following:
i have what is commonly called 'high standards' when it comes to women. it takes more than a couple of boobs and a short skirt to make me even turn my head.
so this dream could be interpreted as me having to kill my superficial notions on how a woman has to look (embodied by amy smart).

what do you think?

:) I'm jaleous, I would like to see amy smart in my dreams rather then those ugly dogs who attack me regularly. more seriously, did you "kill" you superficial notions about how women are to be good-looking? is the dream a consequence (accompagning) of this change or is it just an interpretation by your mind of what you have to do?
friendly :)

well, i wouldn't mind her turning up in more pleasant dreams ;)

the 'killing of the superficial notions' is only my interpretation of it.
i doubt that i would be able to change my perceptions of beauty that easily, they seem quite 'hardwired' into my system ;)
not that it would make much difference IMHO, since i have given up on relationships and women years ago.
(amazing how much 'computing power' this frees up in one's brain :D )

it recalls me a dream I had two years ago. it was very realistic. a man tried to kill me at the corner of the street by night. As I was falling I thought some thing like "oh, in few seconds I'll die" then something I could not distingish jumped on the man and... well it teared him apart savagely. And suddenly rain came down to wash blood. I know, very dirty dream. I wonder if its symbolism is not of killing itself in external projection, your external projection being that a girl I don't know why. What do you think? Killing something oneself in order to become a new person (better or worst who know? :p ).

MKRNHR said:
What do you think? Killing something oneself in order to become a new person (better or worst who know? :p ).
hm, i don't know... but i think that if something is a part of you 'killing' it might not be possible, rather learning to live with it.

what about the little I's (Gurdjieff)? what about the predator mind (Castaneda)? Wouldn't you like to free yourself (the real I) from them? Actually they are part of ourselfs but in my very humble opinion we must try to "kill" them in a certain way, even if I don't know how to do it yet :). I'm not sure about what I say but it seems to me that if we choose "the way", we have to work some inner battles, and that self-purification requires necessary the eliminating impurities. theses impurities are those little I's that tide us into materiality and all what it induces on our personnality. what do you think?

Iconoclast said:
i often have dreams where the object is to outrun or outwit some foe. some are intense, some are just entertaining (like that time where i saved the US president (michael j. fox) from the bad guys with the last bullet in true john woo fashion. :D
Iconoclast said:
(added info: i am quite aware that in real life i lack what is commonly referred to as 'killer instinct'. when playing something as trivial as darts or table tennis, and i'm ahead, i just can't finish my opponent off because i feel sorry for him)
Hey Iconoclast. Don't you think your frequent dreams of "outrunning" and "outwitting" others is directly related to your unwillingness to "win" in real life situations? Is it possible that your subconsciousness tries to compensate this lack of balance in your attitudes?

Tennis or darts may be trivial things, but winning or losing are not necessarily trivial - depending on context of situation. Why do you deny others the chance to experience "losing" for examle? I understand feeling sorry for someone who really suffers, it's natural for beings with conscience, but feeling sorry for someone who loses tennis match?

What's wrong with being skillful? What's wrong with being able to do some things better than others? Was "winning" a "losing strategy" in your past?

Is there a possibility that you think that you are "good man" because you let others win, so they won't feel "bad"?

I think there's a lot to discover in this area.

I know I personally would be a annoyed if I knew the person I'm playing "against" is gonna let me win - it wouldn't be fun to play at all. It would feel like I'm being put into an "inferior" position by someone who perceives me as being incapable of handling a loss, and out of their pity for what they assume is something I can't handle, they let me win. But I don't want your pity, I just want to play the game. Imagine the idiocy that would ensue if we BOTH felt this way, and tried to let the other person win? We'd be like a couple of retards let loose without supervision. And I'm not saying that one person cannot be inferior to another in a game, but that what I mean is they are being judged as "inferior" in the sense of incapable of facing the truth about something as silly as a game, incapable of losing, incapable of dealing with it. If they really aren't, all the more reason for them to lose, better get this lesson in harmless things like games than in relationships, while driving, and other more serious life situations.

I know I'm personally not competitive, I don't care about winning in sillyness like games and sports, they are not attached to my ego and I have nothing to "prove". And if I perceive someone I'm playing with as somebody who really cares about winning and might be upset or saddened by losing, I too would consider just letting them win if they want it so bad. But how much of this is external considering, and how much of it is actually internal considering?

all good points.

i haven't played anything competitive (like darts or table tennis) in years - but when i did, i wouldn't let others win on purpose, but i would lose my concentration once i was ahead and often the other player would catch up.

j0da said:
Was "winning" a "losing strategy" in your past?
not really.
as long as i can remember, i've always had a dislike for 'competing'.

it might also be a self-protection mechanism - if you don't compete, you can't lose.

I think your introduction of being non-competitive was in order to say "hey, I dream of killing someone but it is not how I am!". I don't compete too because I don't feel the necessarity of it. It could be an inconscious self-defense mechanism too I don't know. winning as a loosing strategy or loosing as a winneing strategy :) ?

iconoclast said:
anyway, so there i found myself being attacked by this gorgeous girl. she threw poisonous needles
The analogies with competition and balance make sense. The poisoned needles jumped out at me and I think they are an interesting symbol in your dream, so I scroogled and found:

Needles:
Psychological Meaning: Being pricked by a needle may represent the minor irritations and worries that upset you.. And of course, Freud would remind us that a needle is a phallic symbol.

Mystical Meaning: Generally, this dream is believed to foretell a disappointment.

Poison:
Psychological Meaning: If you dream of consuming something poisonous this may indicate that you are introducing something into yourself that is harmful to your well being. This may be bad feelings or bitterness on your part. Similarly, the poison could represent the underhand actions by others or a fear of being the target of innuendo.

Mystical Meaning: As you would expect, superstition says that dreaming of poison indicates that you will suffer because of the wrongdoing of others.

hxxp://www.dreamsleep.net

Back
Top Bottom