Dream getting shot

monotonic

The Living Force
I think this is just a normal dream, but I thought I would post it here since it was weird.

I dreamt that I was shot in the lower pelvis by an intruder. My name was Crimes or Crimea (maybe one was a nickname), and I had been told at some point that I had 2 souls. As I lay there expecting to die, I looked for evidence of having 2 souls while "crossing over" and didn't see any. But it seems I wasn't dying yet. I walked outside and sat on a pile of "calcium salt" that resembled bricks and/or cement bags (dream ambiguity at it's best). I was writhing in pain and rocking back and forth. Someone out there suggested I use the salt to help with my injury and I explained why I didn't think it would help. At some point Laura (or at least the "Laura imagery" my brain came up with) arrived and was relieved that I seemed okay. The shock was wearing off and I looked for the bullet hole in my clothes but didn't find it. But there was a wound underneath and somehow blood got on the fringes of my clothing. Then I woke up.

After thinking about it further, .22 bullets can leave bullet holes so small they are hard to identify in clothing. If it enters cleanly the wound may not bleed much, so the blood could have come from the exit wound (unnoticed due to shock) from incidental contact. But it took a lot of reflection to come up with this explanation so it's interesting that my dream would have casual access to these ideas.

I thought the Crimea thing might be a reference to a person or a pet that I didn't remember. I thought one of you might know about it. I should have said so.

I feel stupid now, I didn't think there would be a point in making a new thread, but that was just me being selfish. Sorry.

A mod can move this to it's own thread in "Dreams" forum.

I originally posted this in a thread where people would not be prepared for it and may not have wanted to see it. This was inconsiderate.

I did not think of the dream as distressing, even though I was clearly distressed by it. So I never thought that maybe someone else would find it distressing. Part of my fixation on it was perhaps an attempt to distract myself from that feeling.

Which is ironic because if it had not been distressing, I probably wouldn't have wanted to post it. So all the while I am controlled by this feeling of distress, and unconsciously want relief from it, but actively wrote my post to erase any sign of that. And in the process disregarding what affect it may have on others. So now I feel awful about it and I am far more distressed than I was over the dream.

This has happened several times in the past and I found it very hard to deal with although I never was able to bring it up. I am known for being too casual in bringing up distressing things although maybe people don't like me for it despite the way I have tended to shrug it off as me being "thick skinned". But this causes me to not be able to get close to other people and has has always prevented me from networking. It is definitely not a good thing for me, or anyone else.

I am known for being too casual in bringing up distressing things...
I didn't see anything particularly distressing in your post.

I also feel sometimes I am too casual when in the midst of conversations that contain a lot of sacred cows. I find it hard to let ignorance and lies have their way. I do try to be discreet, but even then you can set off triggers. Not sure if that is similar to what you are going through. Sometimes being nice is not always the best approach.

The dream was very distressing for me, so much so that I tried to repress that feeling while involving others in that dynamic. That may seem harmless but it tends to open the gates to a lot of negative things. And given that it was that distressing for me, I should have known it could have had an effect on others and done things differently. If I thought it could potentially ruin someone's day (even if I come to the wrong conclusion about that), then I shouldn't have allowed myself to drop it on unsuspecting people. But I never thought of that because I wasn't thinking clearly.

I think this is just a normal dream, but I thought I would post it here since it was weird.

I dreamt that I was shot in the lower pelvis by an intruder. My name was Crimes or Crimea (maybe one was a nickname), and I had been told at some point that I had 2 souls. As I lay there expecting to die, I looked for evidence of having 2 souls while "crossing over" and didn't see any. But it seems I wasn't dying yet. I walked outside and sat on a pile of "calcium salt" that resembled bricks and/or cement bags (dream ambiguity at it's best). I was writhing in pain and rocking back and forth. Someone out there suggested I use the salt to help with my injury and I explained why I didn't think it would help. At some point Laura (or at least the "Laura imagery" my brain came up with) arrived and was relieved that I seemed okay. The shock was wearing off and I looked for the bullet hole in my clothes but didn't find it. But there was a wound underneath and somehow blood got on the fringes of my clothing. Then I woke up.

Hi monotonic, I can imagine it must've been distressing. I'm not sure what it could mean, if anything. Wouldn't hurt to stay extra vigilant!

Hi monotonic, I can imagine it must've been distressing. I'm not sure what it could mean, if anything. Wouldn't hurt to stay extra vigilant!

I agree with Oxajil monotonic. A dream like that would probably be unsettling to most of us so, if nothing else maybe just trying to stay aware of situations that could become hazardous is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom