Dr. Russell Blaylock: Nutrition and Behavior video lecture

theos

The Living Force
Hi,

Here's a nice video lecture on the effects of nutrition on behavior and brain function by Dr. Blaylock (author of Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills). In it, he talks about how poor diet and nutrient deficiencies can influence everything from road rage and domestic violence to schizophrenia. For those of us who have been incorporating the info in the Diet and Health threads this is not completely new information. However, I just find it nice to take a break from reading and watch a video. It also supports my finding that since I've been on the detox regime (from Detoxify or Die by S. Rogers) my mood has improved and I have more discipline, which I find is very helpful in the Work.
Of course, the video doesn't take into account the fact of the existence of psychopathy, upon which the best diet would have no effect. But in susceptible normal people a good diet can be but one of the fronts in which we can protect ourselves from ponerization.

Here's the link:

http://wideeyecinema.com/?p=869

Cha

Best Diet Tip No. 2: Think about what you can add to your diet, not what you should take away.

Start by focusing on getting the recommended 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables each day.

"It sounds like a lot, but it is well worth it, because at the same time you are meeting your fiber goals and feeling more satisfied from the volume of food," says chef Laura Pansiero, RD.

You're also less likely to overeat because fruits and vegetables displace fat in the diet. And that's not to mention the health benefits of fruits and vegetables. More than 200 studies have documented the disease-preventing qualities of phytochemicals found in produce, says Pansiero.

Her suggestion for getting more: Work vegetables into meals instead of just serving them as sides on a plate.

"I love to take seasonal vegetables and make stir-fries, frittatas, risotto, pilafs, soups, or layer on sandwiches," Pansiero says. "It is so easy to buy a variety of vegetables and incorporate them into dishes.",

Moderator's note: The pub's link has been erased. Please read the forum guidelines here.

Hi fuji24,

Since this is your first post why don't you introduce yourself over at the newbies forum?

Back
Top Bottom