Dr.Hans-Joachim Zillmer books and videos

Cosmos

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I stumbled on this guy did somebody read his books or saw his videos ?

biography from his website (| www.ZILLMER.com | Hans-Joachim Zillmer | Die Evolutionslüge | Darwins Irrtum | Irrtümer der Erdgeschichte | Dinosaurier Handbuch | Kolumbus kam als Letzter |):

Hans-Joachim Zillmer studied civil engineering at Bergische Universität Wuppertal and the Technische Universität Berlin and completed both courses of studies as graduate engineer, proceeded to obtain his doctorate in political science, founded and managed a structural engineering company after university, an engineering office, and a construction company in Solingen and later one in Berlin (Germany) as well. Zillmer is an engineering consultant with the Chamber Of Construction Engineers NRW (North Rhine Westphalia), was a member of the board of directors of the Constructor’s Guild of Solingen and from 1991-1999 chairman of the Great Sports Club TSG Solingen (2300 members).

As nonfiction author he was interview partner in many German radio- and television programs, among others in the program “World Of Wonders” at PRO7 with his controversial topics from his “Dinosaurs’ Guide”.

2002: Nomination as International Scientist of the Year.
International Biographical Centre of Cambridge, England

On April 11th 2003 Hans-Joachim Zillmer gave the scientific introduction speech and opened the dinosaur exhibition in Cologne as scientific advisors as well as the mayor in Cologne (Germany).
Details

On the October 11th 2006 Hans-Joachim Zillmer was invited to hold a lecture at a public hearing in the European Parliament in Brussels on the issue of "Teaching Evolution Theory in Europe".(Nature, Vol. 444, p. 679 - 679, 07 Dec 2006).
Details

Hans-Joachim Zillmer is a member of AAAS and New York Academy of Sciences, listed in "Who's Who in the World", "Who's Who in Science and Engineering" and "Who's Who in Finance and Industry".

English books:

Mistake Earth Science: Expanding Earth Versus Plate Tectonics: Primeval Times Happened Yesterday:
Zillmer presents a global revolution in an exciting format. contradicting the scientific doctrines of evolution and geology. Whoever is interested in the development of our planet and biosphere, will see the earth's history with completely new eyes

Darwin's Mistake: Antediluvian Discoveries Prove Dinosaurs and Humans Co-Existed:
Yes, there were cataclysms (among them The Flood) in the course of history, but no, there was no evolution. The Earth's crust is relatively young and no more than a few thousand years ago; its poles were free of ice. Published in nine languages, this international best-seller puts the latest discoveries and new evidence against Darwin's 'Theory of Evolution'. The author, who owes his insights and expertise to numerous excavations he participated in, describes recent findings that -- in line with suppressed results of scientific research -- prove what seems unthinkable to us today: Darwin is wrong

The Human History Mistake - The Neanderthals and other Inventions of the Evolution and Earth Sciences:
Our ancestors didn't live in trees, and apes never turned into humans. In The Human History Mistake, German bestselling author Hans-Joachim Zillmer has compiled factual material and empirical facts from all over the world proving that Charles Darwin's evolution theory is a myth.

For more than thirty years, Zillmer has concentrated on investigating contentious findings and inconsistencies in the images of the world, recording numerous sensational discoveries and showing that documenting the anthropogenesis must be changed. In The Human History Mistake, Zillmer points to numerous finds from the Stone Age that are far younger than previously thought. The skulls of Neanderthal man and of people from the Paleolithic age must be made "younger" by as much as 27,000 years to the age of a few thousand or even hundreds of years.

This science book rejects the ideas of macroevolution, but instead demonstrates that microevolution plays a much larger role in the creation of new species. Accompanied by sixty-nine photos and forty-nine illustrations, The Human History Mistake shows that the history of mankind must be rewritten.

The Energy Mistake: Plasma and the Electrical Solar System / Why Crude Oil and Natural Gas are Exhaustless! Suppressed Facts, Forbidden Proofs, Phony Dogmas:
In recent years the statement that crude oil and natural gas are running out has a profound influence on the world economic strategies and on world politics as well as on the future of all humankind. But is this scientific conception of the world totally wrong? This is a must-read book! The renewed interest in the planets that resulted during the 2000s from the space probe investigations caused by Hans-Joachim Zillmer to think about the origin of planetary bodies and the various volatile substances of their atmospheres. Scientists are surprised and have no lucid explanation that abundant hydrocarbons even occur on comets and as already proofed on other planets or its moons. In this book is described that this volatile substances on planetary bodies are not of biology origin. These inorganic components of the Earth's mantle are continually out gassing toward the surface by geological and mechanical forces. Our planet would be replete with methane and we are not running out of petroleum? The energy crises would be over.

There are many other reasons for wanting to understand the principle of operation of our solar system with the energy supply of planetary bodies. Suppose someone claimed that life on Earth started below the surface of our planet and if we find extraterrestrial life it is likely to be within, but not on, other planets. Darwin's theory of macroevolution must be rewritten.

This heretic science book rejects the ideas of conventional geology, geophysics and astronomy, but instead demonstrates in layman's terms how the Earth originated and where the continents, the ocean and the atmosphere came from. This highly exciting and controversial German bestselling book The Energy Mistake shows that the history of Earth must also be replaced. We see a brilliant thinker as he develops a revolutionary view about the fundamental workings of our planet and the solar systems.

This is a must-read book

German books:

- Der Energie-Irrtum: Warum Erdgas und Erdöl unerschöpflich sind

- Darwins Irrtum: Vorsintflutliche Funde beweisen: Dinosaurier und Menschen lebten gemeinsam and Audiobook

- Die Evolutionslüge: Die Neandertaler und andere Fälschungen der Menschheitsgeschichte / Unterdrückte Fakten, verbotene Beweise, erfundene Dogmen and Audiobook

- Irrtümer der Erdgeschichte: Die Urzeit war gestern.: Die Wüste Mittelmeer, der Urwald Sahara und die Weltherrschaft der Dinosaurier and Audiobook

- Kolumbus kam als Letzter: Als Grönland grün war: Wie Kelten und Wikinger Amerika besiedelten and Audiobook

- Dinosaurier Handbuch: Fakten, Funde, Kontroversen. Mit Reiseführer und Lexikon or Dinosaurier: Das Handbuch mit CD: Fakten, Funde, Kontroversen

- Die Erde im Umbruch: Katastrophen form(t)en diese Welt. Beweise aus historischer Zeit

his work is translated in many other languages.

very recommendable videos (unfortunately I only found videos in german ) :

Kontra Evolution- Dinosaurier und Menschen lebten zusammen 1 (1 of 14):
Der Energie-Irrtum: Erdöl ist (fast) unendlich! 1/4 :

what I like about him is that he's no quacksalver , it seems that his allegations are based on facts.

PS: Edited on 20.06.2021; new books, descriptions and hyperlinks added

Last edited:
No, I've never heard of that person. But it is interesting what he says.

Stumbled on him again a couple of days ago and found the following (relatively recent) presentation (which is unfortunately only available in German). Overall, I would say he has done a pretty good job in uncovering a whole host of contradictions/falsehoods from science disciplines such as Archeology, Biology, Geology and so on.

IMO if you filter critically at some places, I think Zillmer is an excellent example of an engineering/mechanic type who can cut right through a lot of established "certainties" and dogmas in the sciences with poor logic from an engineering/mechanic standpoint. If anything, he is making an excellent job in bringing up a lot of important questions those scientists either ignore or discard. I find it very refreshing and fun to listen to such people. I had to chuckle more than once, not only in regard to his logical dissection of science "certainties", but also in his dry comments on the sidelines about things like the poor "teary-eyed ice bears" and 9/11.

Since I wrote the first post above, he has published one new book in german and one new book in english and some new editions of the old ones came out as well. I've added everything into the first post above, with hyperlink to the books (and Audiobooks). The list above should be complete now.

Last edited:
Good video. Corals in the Andes is pretty interesting.
Also the drained mediterranean sea he shows @50:03 is interesting. Here is a simulation of lower sea level (first video, you can pause it and use the slider). At around 00:04 is the mediterranian level shown in his image, and that's also the point from where the Azores start to gain land mass quickly if you drain a bit more (You can add some glacial rebound to that if you will).

I have translated a section of the video above, that starts at 56:14. I had to translate it in a more free way since Zillmers speech is quite hard to follow even for germans, let alone to convey it accurately in written form! It is quite a mess! If I would have left it exactly as he said it (which I tried) no English speaker would have understood a thing I'm afraid. It would be very confusing even for a german, reading the german version. But rest assured that the translation is pretty accurate in terms of what he actually said or tried to say there, even though I had to expand here and there to get it across. I have the original transcription in German [which is pretty close to the original] if anyone is interested.

I also tried to bold important stuff, which is also tricky. In that section, Zillmer basically summaries intriguing questions/discoveries/facts about and around the topic of the ice age. The ice age topic is something that still confuses me, and it is of note IMO that what Zillmer says there seems to basically conform to what the C's have said about it in several areas years ago, which for a long time (and still does, to some extent) confuse the heck out of me.

What once sounded rather contradictory/impossible to me from the C's about the ice age (and ice ages in general) becomes clearer to me in Zillmers quote (combined with other books/papers about the topic from other angles).
A part of it also reminded me of the puzzle from the C's about the "Rhineland" in which they said on June 21, 1997: "Alfalfa fields in Rhineland yield as of yet undreamed of treasures". I wonder if there might be a connection here, since he talks about a intriguing discovery in the lower Rhineland 15-20 meters deep in the sediment. As far as I know Alfalfa is also cultivated in germany. Anyway, that is just a sidenote. Here is the quote:

And you can see the contradiction [with the animal] Hippopotamus... We have found in the latitudes in Germany an incredible number of Hippos, more than in Africa. What are hippos doing in our latitudes? That's actually incredible, isn't it? A friend of mine said; "near Vienna they found hippos in the river gravel, but no Hippo has escaped from the zoo..."

I said, you don't have to puzzle over it so much, since there have been hippos here... They can be found everywhere here, because that is just how it is. And the Pioneer of the geologists, Charles Lyell (geologists, don't like to hear that nowadays) has then had the following theory, probably because there was ice and snow and hippos couldn't of course live here during the ice age (even if there were warm periods in between):

He said that the Hippopotamus migrated up from Africa in the summer and back again in the winter.

[Zillmer says, sarcasticly:] The hippos probably wanted to cool down... But those claims must be considered ridiculous, of course, because hippos live at home [they don't migrate].

I had a big article/lecture published in the "Kölner Rundschau" [newspaper] and then I said in there, for example...; there is a book in which it is claimed that Germany was once on the equator: I said that this is all nonsense, because the climate has changed.

When we drill into the earth over here in the Lower Rhine area
(I come from Solingen near Cologne and Düsseldorf)[...], in the town of Bergisch-Gladbach or somewhere around there for example, 15 or 20 meters deep, then what you find there is tropical fauna; everything you find in the Serengeti, you also find here, with the difference being that you find it at a depth of 20 meters.

Why is it, by the way, that the buildings of Romans lie buried under mud everywhere?
The alleged
Roman buildings. That is also such a question, that people should ask themselves. But anyway, a rather long reader's letter was then sent to me by a professor, in which he said, that if I would be right about what I'm saying, one could stop all the drilling that is being done here and that what I say is all nonsense and there can't be such a thing.

To that I say; Yeah sure, then a few people would maybe have less work for a while, or you would have to maybe rethink/reconsider things. Of course, what I am saying here are seriously heavy things, because then one would have to rewrite every book: But I am simply trying to comprehend everything that is claimed from a logical perspective...

And in the science service it was then written that we have had an ice age here for a period of over two and a half million years
and, quote; "the permafrost zones reached several hundred meters deep into the earth's soil. But the decisive factor for the character of the ecosystem is the duration of the cold effects - millennia or tens of thousands of years." Well yes, let me put it that way; the so-called ice age animals had stoic calmness... - they actually write that! Yes believe it or not, they say in "stoic calm". Look here, I even marked that part, quote: "These animals endured great drought and temperatures far below freezing with stoic calmness"...

I'll put it this way, the gist of what they're saying is: a cold period came, it gets incredibly cold, the animals then stand there and have nothing to eat, the ground is frozen several hundred meters deep and in stoic calm they stand there and get used to the ice age...!?!

Oh come on, surely they can't be serious, can they?!? That simply can't be true.
[It seems at this point Zillmer tries to start an explanation on how specific animals can live and die under specific environmental/climatic conditions/difficulties nowadays, but abandons that attempt:] If an animal dies now, then.... [Now Zillmer slowly gets to the point he is trying to make in his analyses] All at once all these animals according to that mainstream view became extinct at the end of the Ice Age!?! I say, how did the animals get used to the ice age there in stoic calm for thousands of years and then the ice age stops and all of a sudden all animal species are extinct?

[Zillmer jokes or rather makes a sarcastic comment now, to bring the point across better] Probably they died out because they were so happy that they suddenly got something to eat again, because there is no other way!

[Now he really starts to get to the point] My claim is; when it gets cold the animals die out and not when it gets warm. In exaggerated terms; My wife does not leave the house at all when it gets cold without a thick fur coat, just like other people do it. So, we people dress warmly, or we would freeze to death if our heaters don't run. And the animals die in the same way. When do the animals die out?: At the beginning of a cold period, and there has been a cold period. And the animals don't die at the end of the cold period.

I am not really an advocate of the no-existence of the ice age, but I have coined the word
"snow age" instead
For me an Ice Age that is supposed to have lasted 2.5 to 3 million years is a relatively sudden event that I would call a "Snow Age", a short time event so to speak [it is not clear here if he means to say that there were several of those "short time" snow ages within that so-called Ice age timeframe of about 3 Million years]. And then, of course, at some point there was ice, but that happened relatively quickly and violently. And to create ice from snow, you need heat. By getting colder, no iceberg can be created; you can try to comprehend/observe that fact at your own pond at home; It becomes cold, and an ice layer develops: but no glacier develops there, without snow! Right there is something one should think about very carefully; Without warmth, no glaciers!

So, when do these animals die out?
At the beginning or at the end of the ice age? As you can see, we have just discussed the answer; Of course, at the beginning.

And in an Ice Age burial site (to the great surprise of people in Germany) they found a jaguar. Jaguars are animals that only exist in the tropical climate in Central America or maybe South America. And for the first time outside of America, this jaguar has been found in an Ice Age burial site here. That animal doesn't belong here [in this supposed Ice Age climate in this region, at that time]. Along with that animal, rhinos and whatnot have been found too: Animals that love the heat but not the cold.

This also has to do with our people [humans]. Humans are said to have lived here [in the latitudes germany is in] during the ice age. We now come to the next topic in this presentation; to the evolution of man as the last major topic.

Above you see [Zillmer shows a picture of the evolution of man from the ape], what we all know. We have learned (I believed in it myself for 40 - 50 years), everybody learns it, that we somehow evolved from ape-like beings. When I was young (I come from near the Neanderthal) we were in the Neanderthal with our School class and I found it great and was intrigued see things like the Neanderthal standing like that... That is not said today at all anymore...[and Zillmer goes on].

Last edited:
Maybe this Elephant family know something is up and are moving to a better place

A group of wild elephants has wandered into the suburbs of the Chinese city of Kunming after trekking more than 300 miles from their home, perplexing experts and stymying officials who have tried to keep the hulking animals out of populated areas.

The 15 Asian elephants — some mature and others still young — left a nature reserve near China's border with Myanmar and Laos more than a year ago and have been northbound ever since, according to Chinese media.

Along the way, they have traversed forests, forded streams, tromped through villages and towns, broken into farms and raided crop fields. One young elephant was even reported to have become drunk after snarfing down a stash of fermented grain used to make liquor.

1624210270991.png

A week or two ago I got up early before dawn and sat on the patio outside to have a smoke. It was very cloudy with no stars visible except a small opening directly overhead and there was a bright star shining there. I got my phone, which has a star identification app on it and turns out it was Vega. It is usually overhead this time of year as part of the Summer Triangle..

Vega and Polaris are sort of antipodal to each other in the 25,000 year cycle. Maybe mid-northern latitudes were a temperate liminal area between ice to the north and deserts in the equatorial region 12,000 years ago, assuming a continuance of the 23.5 degree axial tilt.

Vega is the fifth-brightest star in the night sky and the second-brightest star in the northern celestial hemisphere (after Arcturus). Vega is also known as Alpha Lyrae (α Lyrae, Alpha Lyr, α Lyr), as it is the principle star in the constellation Lyra, the lyre. Vega has been one of the most important stars to humanity since ancient times because it is very bright and easily recognized by its blue color.

Right now, the North Star is Polaris, but Vega was the northern pole star around 12,000 BC and will be the pole star again about the year 13,727. If you took a long exposure photograph of the northern sky today, the stars would appear as trails around Polaris. When Vega is the pole star, a long exposure photograph would show stars circling it.

I just started to read „Mistake Earth Science: …“ [german version: „Irrtümer der Erdgeschichte: …“] and so far it is an excellent read. I‘m not very far into the book and he already brought up quite a number of peculiar facts I wasn’t aware of and proposed an interesting idea/mechanism how some (if not many) tree trunks might have been petrified very quickly, in a catastrophic way, the result being that what you see is not the tree itself in form of a fossil, but actually a negatively imprinted cast! That’s why many such „fossils“ are maybe found to be completely made out of stone type materials when they analyze it.

From a very young age I was keenly interested in Paleontology and later on I became interested in Egyptology (and archeology in general), so much so that my first desired career was to become a Paleontologist and then an Egyptologist. That didn't happen at the end, but the fascination in those areas remained. In hindsight, I would probably never have learned about such interesting facts and peculiarities as mentioned by Zillmer (and others) above, if I had followed the mainstream dogmas through studies in those fields.

So as you can imagine, reading stuff like this is a treat for me and one of my pet issues. Since I'm a mechanic (toolmaker) from profession, the above becomes even more interesting, since I enjoy the dry/humorous way Zillmer cuts through "certainties" with razor precision/logic, by asking often simple but at the same time ingenious questions and presenting no less ingenious proposals for possible mechanisms/ideas.

Ohh boy, I‘m continuing through the book and the evidence he piles up becomes more staggering by the minute! Our earth history is a freaking mess, to put it mildly. Be prepared to start to question pretty much every „fact“ you thought you knew about earth history and even relatively recent history and datings etc, that are purported as fact.

And I thought that books like "The Secret of Atlantis" by Otto Muck or some works of Charles Hapgood and others were already pretty out there and (sometimes pretty good), yet Zillmer just presents pretty down to earth scientific/logical evidence which I can hardly disagree with so far.

For quite some years I sometimes had the idea that when the C‘s mentioned that „time is an illusion“ and that it is difficult for them to pinpoint dates in the past, that they might be partly refering to exactly those kinds of things Zillmer and others bring to the table about earth history in general and more recent history in particular and our established timeliness which seem to become ever more ludicrous/messy/contradictory the more I read about things such as this. I‘m reminded about that again while reading the book.

Last edited:
Ohh boy, I‘m continuing through the book and the evidence he piles up becomes more staggering by the minute! Our earth history is a freaking mess, to put it mildly. Be prepared to start to question pretty much every „fact“ you thought you knew about earth history and even relatively recent history and datings etc, that are purported as fact.

And I thought that books like "The Secret of Atlantis" by Otto Muck or some works of Charles Hapgood and others were already pretty out there and (sometimes pretty good), yet Zillmer just presents pretty down to earth scientific/logical evidence which I can hardly disagree with so far.

For quite some years I sometimes had the idea that when the C‘s mentioned that „there is no time“ and that it is difficult for them to pinpoint dates in the past, that they might be partly refering to exactly those kinds of things Zillmer and others bring to the table about earth history in general and more recent history in particular and our established timeliness which seem to become ever more ludicrous/messy/contradictory the more I read about things such as this. I‘m reminded about that again while reading the book.

It puts everything upside down, doesn’t it ?

Pashalis, since you mentioned Zillmer - which was totally unknown to me - I listened to the video two times (and will go again a third time) … oh my God if only half of that is true what he describes… well i get kind of a second 9/11 awakening again, as everything is tumbling upside down. I have read some of Tellinger findings regarding giants. But Zillmer goes waaaay beyond.

So, i have to do some serious updates regarding my view of our history…. Really, truly fascinating. I am also very thankful to you, that you brought him up.

It does push my brain to the extremes together with everything else I read, listen to, study and trying to wrap my mind around each content. Mama mia ! Nevertheless, I will order some of his books, for sure ❤️

Oh by the way - before I forget:

What came spontaneously to my mind is that in old maps and paintings - there are often sea monsters shown. We usually always regarded them as decoration. As with paintings of the plaque - in which Mike Baillie in “New light and the black death - the cosmic connection” in which he made deeper connections to witness accounts pointing towards cometary bombardment events - through descriptions, symbols and paintings. And he found that there was far more truth in those, than originally thought of / interpret as. Not just being decorations, I mean. (Decorations = Move along - nothing to see).

The possibility that (some) paintings may tell more than what meets the eye at first glance, is an interesting prospect.

If every ocean and sea had it’s sea monsters (dinosaur like creatures) according Zillmer, even in relative recent times - perhaps the collective mind / awareness was transferred into (later) old maps, by depicting them more litterally (to some degree)? Maybe those monsters are based on earlier observations ?

The thought is mind boggling to say the least.

Sometimes I’m thinking: what if part of the reason why there is such confusion about what really went on on earth in prehistory or even in relatively recent historic times has at least partly something to do with the „time is an illusion“ statement by the C‘s?

What if, for example, the things that people such as Zillmer, Velikovsky, Chremo, Muck, Carlson, Hapgood and so on are discovering/seeing in „prehistory“ or even in „historic times“ isn’t just a result of repeated 3D cataclysmic events (which in my opinion undoubtedly played a huge role in all of this), but quite different states of the planet and/or humanity in which for example time „flowed differently“? What if there were repeatedly times (even in recent „history“) where things were so radically different that we can’t make heads or tails out of it nowadays?

I mean, if things were already that radically different in such recent times as before the fall of the roman empire (according to the C‘s) that gravity for example was quite different, so much so that giant humanoid creatures lived (among other things), how many more such „bizarre“ differences in the state of the world/humanity/prehistory could have happened in prehistory and „recorded history“? And how does this effect what we can see/discover nowadays?

So, what if what we (and people like Zillmer) are confronted with are not only numerous cataclysmic events that shifted and moved around everything so that we are left in confusion, but on top of that numerous different states of the world/humanity during and between those cataclysms in which things were radically different in terms of time, dimensions and the impact higher dimensions (or densities) and/or the influences those things had on the physical „ground“? Maybe that’s part of the reason why many things we can discover/see from the past are often so confusing?

We are not only looking at a cataclysmic induced mess but on top of that many different states the world and/or humanity found itself in?

Maybe those factors are the missing keys that can explain many of those mysteries, but in a nonlinear way, that is hard if not impossible for us to grasp with our very limited understanding nowadays being in a different state/environment? And people like Zillmer don‘t factor in such nonlinear possiblities into what they are seeing?

So, for example, if some of those people are convinced that what they are seeing proves for example that Dinosaur and humans lived together in pretty recent times (which is IMO, from the available evidence and limited understanding of reality that they have, a reasonable thing to suggest), maybe in a certain sense that is true because we are confronted with several time slow downs (or compressions) and accelerations with in the time line so that it APPEARS to us from our state today to be „recent“ while it really isn‘t if we apply „our time flow“ or perception/state of today in order to grasp it?

While continuing through the book and watching some of his presentations it is hard for me to follow and keep up with the sheer number of unique and quite frankly brilliant observations and ideas he is presenting. Genius. Well, I’m currently thinking about how I could catalog and describe all his observations, findings and ideas in some sort of table form. I never listened to anybody so capable of questioning „facts“ we take for granted as he does. For example: where I‘m at right now in the book he seems to pretty much demolish the standard theory of plate tectonics (that is presented as „fact“). I have to admid though that this area is a bit hard for me to follow right now, since he goes into so much detail and I’m not too familiar with this specific topic.

I can definitely see why he received a scholarship for highly gifted people and was nominated the best scientist of the year among many other things.

Here is what german Wikipedia has to say (translated by DeepL). Keeping in mind the possible distortions Wikipedia likes to spin on controversial people and their ideas. Also, as usual with people like that; in some areas they might be going a bit overboard as soon as they try to explain or make theories about what they see:

Dipl.-Ing. Hans-Joachim Zillmer

Hans-Joachim Zillmer (* September 20, 1950 in Mölln) is a German entrepreneur and author of controversial non-fiction books since 1998. In his bestsellers, some of which have been translated into ten languages, he looks at current theories, especially in the scientific fields of geology, geophysics, evolution and paleontology, questions them or the theories on which they are based (principle of actualism, geological time scale) and formulates his own hypotheses that contradict scientific doctrine in the sense of catastrophism. In particular, the theory of evolution in the form of macroevolution and the dating methods are rejected by him. As a climate denier, he claims in his 2020 book The Energy Fallacy that the sun - and not humans - controls the climate.[1]

Life

Hans-Joachim Zillmer studied civil engineering at the Bergische Universität Wuppertal and the Technische Universität Berlin, and after graduating in 1977 founded and ran a structural engineering company, a civil engineering office and a property development company in Solingen and later also in Berlin. Zillmer is a consulting engineer with the NRW Chamber of Civil Engineers and was a member of the board of the Solingen Construction Guild.

Theories

Zillmer, like Immanuel Velikovsky, is a representative of catastrophism in connection with a special young-earth theory, the young-earth catastrophe theory, which states that the earth as a planet is old, but was struck by a worldwide catastrophe (Flood) about 5000 to 6000 years ago, which decisively reshaped and reformed our earth's crust. The geological core thesis is thereby that several super floods occurred, which poured over the continents: for example in North America in the southwest and northwest, in Australia as well as from the Altai mountains over Siberia among other things into the Caspian Sea up to the Arctic Sea. Here a shift of the earth axis took place and only at this time the glaciation of arctic and antarctic areas, called "snow time" by him, occurred as a time-lapse shortened Great Ice Age. At that time, in his opinion, gravity also increased, causing animals that had previously existed in "mega-size," such as the elephant-sized giant sloth in America or the mammoth in Eurasia, to become extinct. A new world emerged with smaller animals, different atmospheric conditions with lower air pressure (cf. "Darwin's Error," 1998, p. 149), and higher gravity.

Due to these worldwide natural catastrophes, according to Zillmer's conception, in contrast to microevolution, no macroevolution, no transition from one animal species to another, took place: No human being could have emerged from an ape-like creature in this way. Zillmer believes instead that humans were created by extraterrestrial beings (the Anunnaki), which would have visited the earth long ago. Moreover, in this time horizon, 80 percent of animal species would have been wiped out - a scenario attributed to the end of the Ice Age (= beginning of the Snow Age according to Zillmer). Accordingly, according to Zillmer, no verifiable history of mankind should exist, as he states in his book "The Evolutionary Lie".

In the context of catastrophic events in the earth's past, the dinosaur paleogeography presented in his "Dinosaur Handbook" occupies a special space. According to Zillmer, the increasing finds of dinosaurs worldwide have led to the fact that more and more dinosaurs would be found on "wrong" continents, i.e. according to the time table of plate tectonics on already isolated continents separated by oceans. As solution of this problem Zillmer offers the model of the earth expansion.

The verification of natural disasters up to the 15th century in the sense of catastrophism finally led in his book "Columbus came last" also to the revision of the course of the cultural history of the Old and New World (see also Chronology Criticism). In this book Zillmer presents the "Celts-in-America-Theory", according to which Celts and Romans had already visited America before the Vikings. He supports his theory with photos including exact locations of alleged Celtic menhirs and dolmens as well as Roman coins in America (settlement of America).

Criticism

The entire work of Zillmer and consequently his hypotheses have not been taken up by any of the disciplines touched upon. The discussion of Zillmer by established scholars is limited to reviews of his books. In addition to the presentation of numerous errors of detail, the reviews in particular

- the use of inappropriate sources such as "Heimatliche Plaudereien" and Bild-Zeitung,[2][3][4]
- the inaccurate reproduction of sources,[2][3][4]
- the ignorance of the current state of knowledge as well as of basic terminology and concepts, due to lack of education in the fields he practiced[5][2][3][4] as well as
- the presentation and subsequent refutation of non-existent, outdated or distorted positions of the sciences he attacks.[2][6][3][4]
- the adornment with purchased doctoral titles (in so-called title mills) and memberships in institutes to which one can be admitted upon payment of a membership fee, without examination for expertise.[5]
- the use of several times refuted findings as proofs for his theses
is emphasized.

However, Zillmer is also attested that he is in each case able to create a picture that can easily impress an uninitiated layman without further background knowledge.[2][3] The review of the Dinosaur Handbook also praises the overall structure and content in particular the guidebook section with the presentation of sites and museums, but due to the general shortcomings without being able to give a recommendation for the book.[6]

While continuing through the book and watching some of his presentations it is hard for me to follow and keep up with the sheer number of unique and quite frankly brilliant observations and ideas he is presenting. Genius. Well, I’m currently thinking about how I could catalog and describe all his observations, findings and ideas in some sort of table form. I never listened to anybody so capable of questioning „facts“ we take for granted as he does. For example: where I‘m at right now in the book he seems to pretty much demolish the standard theory of plate tectonics (that is presented as „fact“). I have to admid though that this area is a bit hard for me to follow right now, since he goes into so much detail and I’m not too familiar with this specific topic.

:wow:

He is like a waterfall in his findings and ways to pull things together, isn’t he ? I had to listen to his one video 3 times - and still got dizzy. Beyond mind boggling. By the way, i ordered 3 books of him.

Back
Top Bottom