Downton Abbey

I came down with a flu and I was in some awful delirium and couldn’t properly sleep. So on day three of this madness, I found this thread when searching for some romance movie to watch as I couldn’t read or do anything for that matter.

What a discovery! 😍

Thank you all for suggesting the series, it is really wonderful!

I‘m on the end of season 4 now.
It is such a warm and beautifully done series. The characters and the acting is very good done and the settings and the stories of these people‘s lives left me crying several times during the show.
The evolution of the characters is very powerful, the subtitle changes in them that make them better and stronger people.

I agree with Luc on that awful event; it left me also in a gloom and dark and extremely sad mood; you know that is done but the scene was set so that you do not exactly see it. It kind of amplified the tragedy of the situation.

I cried so much when a particular character died and you could see each character in that room handling the situation in their own way and my heart was braking for them all.

Excellent stories and the psychology of the characters and the scenery setting and the costumes (I‘ve always loved 1920s dresses 😍)…

I also highly recommend the series for all and especially for all thise involved in romance reading project.

j'ai vu toutes les saisions et j'ai adoré. la série est effectivement mieux que le premier film (je n'ai pas vu le second).
j'ai vu et revu, en effet, chaque personnage est une histoire à lui seule et demande donc de l'attention, aussi après la première découverte de cette saga, j'ai visionné les épisodes en m'attardant sur chacun d'eux et je ne sais pas trop lequel je préfère tant qu'ils sont vrais.

je vois la scène tragique que vous discutiez, à dire vrai je n'ai pu la regarder même si tout n'est pas montré (encore heureux).
il y a beaucoup de tragédie mais également beaucoup de joie et d'humour.
c'est une belle saga historique.

I have seen all the episodes and i loved them. The series is indeed better than the first movie (i have not seen the second one).
I have seen and seen again, indeed, each character is a story in itself and therefore requires attention, so after the first discovery of this saga, I have watched the episodes lingering on each one and I am not sure which one I prefer as long as they are true.

I see the tragic scene you were discussing, to tell you the truth I couldn't watch it even though not everything is shown (still happy).
there is a lot of tragedy but also a lot of joy and humor.
it's a beautiful historical saga.

I love the Downton Abbey series and have thoroughly enjoyed all the wonderful acting abilities and nuanced characterisations. It is not true to life due to the need to integrate the lives of the servants with the lives of the aristocrats in order to make a much more rounded storyline but I can see why it had to be written that way. In real life the majority of the aristos would barely even speak to the servants unless they wanted something. Nevertheless, that aside, it was a wonderful journey into another world almost. I particularly loved the gorgeous dresses and accessories the ladies wore and the setting of Highclere Castle as Downton was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom