Don't Look Up

Taking its bow this December in both cinemas and on Netflix, a glossy big name 'satire' on the following scenario:

Kate Dibiasky (Jennifer Lawrence), an astronomy grad student, and her professor Dr. Randall Mindy (Leonardo DiCaprio) make an astounding discovery of a comet orbiting within the solar system. The problem - it's on a direct collision course with Earth. The other problem? No one really seems to care. Turns out warning mankind about a planet-killer the size of Mount Everest is an inconvenient fact to navigate. With the help of Dr. Oglethorpe (Rob Morgan), Kate and Randall embark on a media tour that takes them from the office of an indifferent President Orlean (Meryl Streep) and her sycophantic son and Chief of Staff, Jason (Jonah Hill), to the airwaves of The Daily Rip, an upbeat morning show hosted by Brie (Cate Blanchett) and Jack (Tyler Perry). With only six months until the comet makes impact, managing the 24-hour news cycle and gaining the attention of the social media obsessed public before it's too late proves shockingly comical - what will it take to get the world to just look up?

So just about anyone who is anyone is in it (not mentiond above is Mark Rylance who plays 'the creepy tech billionaire with ambitions to be the messiah who saves humanity' which just about sums up Elon Musk who I suspect is waiting in all our shadows for such a time).

Its directed by Adam Mackay of Vice fame - so the satire is likely to be 'seriously' based.

Its tag line is: Based on truly possible events.

It premiere's on Netflix on Christmas Eve.

I wonder if their trying to tell us something?

I saw that as well; also saw a bit of a trailer.
I was also surprised that just every super-star is in this movie, but the trailer looks goofy so I wasn't impressed...

Well, I'll see about the reviews here, and maybe I watch it in the end. ;-)

I haven't watched anything for months now and now I'm waiting for the next season of Witcher, so maybe I'll watch that one as well.

Tnx for bringing that up!

Also, yes, something is brewing.

It might just be that, as psychos enjoy lying and watching ignorant masses playing their tune, satire movies like could put this kind of cosmic events in the "flat-earth category" for many people - and maybe that's their goal, not to think or question this and to label it as "maybe-sometime-in-the-far-far-away-future" event...

IDK, just my 2ct....

It might just be that, as psychos enjoy lying and watching ignorant masses playing their tune, satire movies like could put this kind of cosmic events in the "flat-earth category" for many people - and maybe that's their goal, not to think or question this and to label it as "maybe-sometime-in-the-far-far-away-future" event...

That's also my reading Mari. Nothing to see here because people who consider this a possibility in the near future are full on flat earthers and the whole subject needs to be ignored and laughed at if you want to remain within the 'new normal' society. Meanwhile we can go about normalizing the fact that strokes and heart attacks are normal for fit adults and kids under the age of 30. Now that's reality man!

Edit: then again, the trailer does suggest that the Di Caprio character is the only sane person on the planet so just maybe there's an interesting message in here - at least something new of interest to watch for the day after Christmas day... 🧑‍🎄

Last edited:
There is certainly a lot of programming going on. Let's look deeper into 2021 movies and analyze their programming patterns.

2021 Movie List

Eternals: The saga of the Eternals, a race of immortal beings who lived on Earth and shaped its history and civilizations.

Encanto: A young Colombian girl has to face the frustration of being the only member of her family without magical powers.

The Boss Baby: Family Business: Now, a new boss baby emerges, eager to take the reins, having an audacious plan to unearth a sinister conspiracy. Will Tim and Ted reconnect for the sake of the mission?

The Suicide Squad: Supervillains Harley Quinn, Bloodsport, Peacemaker and a collection of nutty cons at Belle Reve prison join the super-secret, super-shady Task Force X as they are dropped off at the remote, enemy-infused island of Corto Maltese.

Hotel Transylvania: Transformania: When Van Helsing's mysterious invention, the "Monsterfication Ray", goes haywire, Drac and his monster pals are all transformed into humans, and Johnny becomes a monster. In their new mismatched bodies, Drac, stripped of his powers, and an exuberant Johnny, loving life as a monster, must team up and race across the globe to find a cure before it's too late, and before they drive each other crazy. With help from Mavis and the hilariously human Drac Pack, the heat is on to find a way to switch themselves back before their transformations become permanent.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings: Shang-Chi, the master of weaponry-based Kung Fu, is forced to confront his past after being drawn into the Ten Rings organization.

Cruella: A live-action prequel feature film following a young Cruella de Vil.

Spider-Man: No Way Home: With Spider-Man's identity now revealed, Peter asks Doctor Strange for help. When a spell goes wrong, dangerous foes from other worlds start to appear, forcing Peter to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man.

The Addams Family 2: The Addams get tangled up in more wacky adventures and find themselves involved in hilarious run-ins with all sorts of unsuspecting characters. Sequel to the 2019 animated film, 'The Addams Family'.

Red Notice: An Interpol agent tracks the world's most wanted art thief.

Chaos Walking: Two unlikely companions embark on a perilous adventure through the badlands of an unexplored planet as they try to escape a dangerous and disorienting reality where all thoughts are seen and heard by everyone.

Jungle Cruise: Based on Disneyland's theme park ride where a small riverboat takes a group of travelers through a jungle filled with dangerous animals and reptiles but with a supernatural element.

F9: The Fast Saga: Dom and the crew must take on an international terrorist who turns out to be Dom and Mia's estranged brother.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage: Eddie Brock attempts to reignite his career by interviewing serial killer Cletus Kasady, who becomes the host of the symbiote Carnage and escapes prison after a failed execution.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife: When a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original Ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind.

Raya and the Last Dragon: In a realm known as Kumandra, a re-imagined Earth inhabited by an ancient civilization, a warrior named Raya is determined to find the last dragon.

Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard: The bodyguard Michael Bryce continues his friendship with assassin Darius Kincaid as they try to save Darius' wife Sonia.

Godzilla vs Kong: The epic next chapter in the cinematic Monsterverse pits two of the greatest icons in motion picture history against one another - the fearsome Godzilla and the mighty Kong - with humanity caught in the balance.

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It: The Warrens investigate a murder that may be linked to a demonic possession.

Halloween Kills: The saga of Michael Myers and Laurie Strode continues in the next thrilling chapter of the Halloween series.

The King's Man: In the early years of the 20th century, the Kingsman agency is formed to stand against a cabal plotting a war to wipe out millions.

No Time To Die: James Bond has left active service. His peace is short-lived when Felix Leiter, an old friend from the CIA, turns up asking for help, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.

Black Widow: Natasha Romanoff confronts the darker parts of her ledger when a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises.

Dune: Feature adaptation of Frank Herbert's science fiction novel about the son of a noble family entrusted with the protection of the most valuable asset and most vital element in the galaxy.

Outside the Wire: In the near future, a drone pilot sent into a war zone finds himself paired with a top-secret android officer on a mission to stop a nuclear attack.

Free Guy: A bank teller discovers that he's actually an NPC inside a brutal, open world video game.

Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway: Thomas and Bea are now married and living with Peter and his rabbit family. Bored of life in the garden, Peter goes to the big city, where he meets shady characters and ends up creating chaos for the whole family.

Without Remorse: An elite Navy SEAL, goes on a path to avenge his wife's murder only to find himself inside of a larger conspiracy.

The Tomorrow War: A family man is drafted to fight in a future war where the fate of humanity relies on his ability to confront the past.

Zack Snyder's Justice League: Determined to ensure Superman's ultimate sacrifice was not in vain, Bruce Wayne aligns forces with Diana Prince with plans to recruit a team of metahumans to protect the world from an approaching threat of catastrophic proportions.

Army of the Dead: Following a zombie outbreak in Las Vegas, a group of mercenaries take the ultimate gamble, venturing into the quarantine zone to pull off the greatest heist ever attempted.

Snake Eyes: A G.I. Joe spin-off centered around the character of Snake Eyes.

Wrath of Man: The plot follows H, a cold and mysterious character working at a cash truck company responsible for moving hundreds of millions of dollars around Los Angeles each week.

Thunder Force: In a world where supervillains are commonplace, two estranged childhood best friends reunite after one devises a treatment that gives them powers to protect their city.

Love and Monsters: Seven years after he survived the monster apocalypse, lovably hapless Joel leaves his cozy underground bunker behind on a quest to reunite with his ex.

Fear Street: Part One - 1994: A circle of teenage friends accidentally encounter the ancient evil responsible for a series of brutal murders that have plagued their town for over 300 years. Welcome to Shadyside.

Fear Street: Part Two - 1978: Shadyside, 1978. School's out for summer and the activities at Camp Nightwing are about to begin. But when another Shadysider is possessed with the urge to kill, the fun in the sun becomes a gruesome fight for survival.

Fear Street: Part Three - 1666: The origins of Sarah Fier's curse are finally revealed as history comes full circle on a night that changes the lives of Shadysiders forever.

The Forever Purge: All the rules are broken as a sect of lawless marauders decides that the annual Purge does not stop at daybreak and instead should never end.

The Matrix Resurrections: Return to a world of two realities: one, everyday life; the other, what lies behind it. To find out if his reality is a construct, to truly know himself, Mr. Anderson will have to choose to follow the white rabbit once more.

Escape Room: Tournament of Champions: Six people unwillingly find themselves locked in another series of escape rooms, slowly uncovering what they have in common to survive. Joining forces with two of the original survivors, they soon discover they've all played the game before.

Don't Breathe 2: The sequel is set in the years following the initial deadly home invasion, where Norman Nordstrom (Stephen Lang) lives in quiet solace until his past sins catch up to him.

Sweet Girl: A devastated husband vows to bring justice to the people responsible for his wife's death while protecting the only family he has left, his daughter.

V/H/S/94: A police S.W.A.T. team investigates about a mysterious VHS tape and discovers a sinister cult that has pre-recorded material which uncovers a nightmarish conspiracy.

Finch: On a post-apocalyptic earth, a robot, built to protect the life of his creator's beloved dog, learns about life, love, friendship and what it means to be human.

No One Gets Out Alive: An immigrant in search of the American dream who, after being forced to take a room in a boarding house, finds herself in a nightmare she can't escape.

Army of Thieves: A prequel, set before the events of Army of the Dead, which focuses on German safecracker Ludwig Dieter leading a group of aspiring thieves on a top secret heist during the early stages of the zombie apocalypse.

Whoa! It seems that the PTB want to make sure we download all their programs!

If we take some keywords from the movie descriptions above, we get the following:
zombie apocalypse, no escape, conspiracy, death, sins, survivors, alternate realities, broken rules, robot, dream, cult, chaos, monsters, transformations, evil, underground, quarantine, sacrifice, metahumans, money, war, dangerous technology, possession, cabal, snake, dragon, reptiles, fear, humanity, planet, cruel, weapon, super-secret, immortality, magical powers, life, love, friendship, fate, cure, supernatural.

Notice how much emphasis is put on "supernatural" events. But aren't we all supposed to be rigid materialists?
There is clearly an effort to transform humans into monsters with the use of money, war, fear, and secret technology while claiming it is all a conspiracy and crushing all opposing forces such as love and friendship.

Generally, the movie titles have a very negative connotation. When there is a glimpse of hope, such as in "Free Guy," it is a mockery, an inversion of positive concepts. Also, as if to prevent any enlightenment, there is a common use of rather "forceful" statements like "Don't Look Up", "No Way Home", "Let There Be Carnage", "The Devil Made Me Do It", "No Time To Die", "Without Remorse", "Don't Breathe", and "No One Gets Out Alive". It seems that the matrix is a prison, a prison for unsuspecting minds.

We can't say that the human population hasn't been warned!

Well, I watched the Matrix IV on Thursday and this thing on Friday (24th Dec) and it was an interesting movie. I did not have much expectations from it, but I noticed 2 curious things in this movie. The first one: no happy end (unlike most Hollywood movies). The impact happens and most of the humans die as the result (and those who escaped into space ala Alternative 3 scenario also end up getting killed) and there is no hope promoted in the film. If you watch Hollywood productions dealing with catastrophic scenarios , there is usually hope presented in one way or another. In this one, the main characters keep repeating: we all gonna die and indeed they eventually do.

The movie was actually quite good (or I should say entertaining), but 2 words come to mind after watching it yesterday: predictive programming. I think the PTB give some pieces of truth here and there to prepare the masses for this very eventuality: space impact of a comet. This is how I see it and I could and probably am wrong :-)

but I noticed 2 curious things in this movie. The first one: no happy end (unlike most Hollywood movies).
Just watched it... Yes, it was entertaining.

I was reminded of the movie 'Mars Attacks' by Tim Burton where a bunch of hellyweird A-class actors is getting killed by aliens and aliens being killed by horrific manmade music.... a satire.
This one comes along as a satire as well but due to the missing happy end it also sends a message of "nowhere to hide, nothing to do" and "there is no saviour".
Including the ruling class in the demise could just be a kind of psychological appeasement policy so that the darker message can be implemented with less resistence (...like, "well, in the end all were equal"- all died which might be comforting to the mind in a perverse way).
It was obvious that none of the protagonist had a sound spiritual ground to stand on. Just a lost boy who showed up towards the end of the movie knew how to say a prayer.
All displayed 100% helplessness and trusted in something 'outside of them' to do the right thing.
Everybody behaved as TPTB want people to behave with the occasional break-outs leading to nothing.

Some scenes were hilarious in their trifle:
I would have never dreamt of nor did I ever wish to see a bunch of old actors getting off a spaceship completly naked and shaved apart from their crine after a short travel of 22.000 years just to get instantaneously devoured by some big, fluffy, coloured birds.
I did not stop to have a closer look at the tattoo on Mrs. 'high priestress' Streep lower back though.
:rolleyes:

I've watched it yesterday and all i can say is that it's a good satire, comedy with an astonishing accuracy regarding the behavior, way of thinking, mentality and approach to life by the modern time society that is being led like sleeping sheeple towards slaughter house by the PTB and their minions.

To be honest i've found it pretty insightful and i have been amazed a few times while watching the movie that Netflix filmed and uploaded it on their platform. To me it was like right in your face example how the PTB will treat the plebs when the SWHTF if not much worse than the PTB in the movie.

I think the movie is meant to be a metaphore for Global Warming alarmism not being taken seriously (by people, politicians, etc.). It is doubtful that they are aware that they are using a real threat for that.
This is exactly what came to my mind after seeing the trailer and Leonardo Di Caprio as the main actor. There's some cosmic irony that they chose the comet theme as their metaphore, if the goal is to promote global warming propaganda as the take home message from the movie.

Back
Top Bottom