Donald Trump wins 2016 US presidential election

Woodsman

The Living Force
Mod note: This thread is split off from the thread on the build-up to the 2016 US election, held on November 8th 2016 ['Killary Clinton, The Donald, or Jill Stein: The US Election']

This new thread you are reading deals with developments since the election was called for Trump.

Huh. Pennsylvania looks like it's going Trump.

Well, that makes for a clear Republican win regardless of which way Michigan goes, (which also looks like it's going red).

And THAT makes for some internal social stability for the next few months. (If nothing else changes).

If it was right down the line on a tipping point, I'd have been worried about my American friends over the next few days.

But wow, eh? Trump. He's going be the best president. You won't even believe it how great a president he's gonna be. Believe me, it'll be great!

WIN 52 said:
griffin said:
meta-agnostic said:
Similar to what whitecoast said, it is going to be a challenge to figure out how to relate to a lot of people starting tomorrow. Most of the celebrities and liberals I follow on twitter are in full meltdown mode. Quite a few of the people I know in real life are moderately to strongly in the Democrat/Clinton camp.
<sniip>
If Trump wins, you can mention that there's a bright side - we won't have a World War III with Russia!

That is if he can cool off the hot heads in the War machine side of the Government. I guess he could cut off their funding for starters.
Don't forget, the president controls the nuclear launch codes. He's commander in chief and all military officers serve at his pleasure. He also has a lot of experience firing people and rather enjoys it, I hear.

Best evidence yet that the feeling is that Trump has it in the bag:

Hillary's scheduled place of victory celebration (Javitz venter) has mostly emptied

Attachments

• Javits-center-empty.jpg
    Javits-center-empty.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 1,744
The latest from TR America reporting live: (06.23 GMT)

Trump has 244 electoral votes, Clinton has 215.

Electoral votes needed: Trump = 26, Clinton = 55.

Looks like a Trump election victory may be on the cards!

https://www.rt.com/on-air/rt-america-air/

Woodsman said:
But wow, eh? Trump. He's going be the best president. You won't even believe it how great a president he's gonna be. Believe me, it'll be great!

:lol:

Pretty exciting news coverage at the State channel Rossiya 24, in between the serious reports they have actors representing Trump and Clinton reacting to the results of the elections.

_http://live.russia.tv/index/index/channel_id/3

AP just called Pennsylvania for Trump. That puts him at 264. Wisconsin will be called next if they go by voting percentage reporting. He's got a comfortable 3% lead with 95% reported. Hillary's finished.

Best evidence yet that the feeling is that Trump has it in the bag:

Yeah looks like a Trump victory for sure, he now has 264 electoral votes, with Clinton still trailing with 215.

It's been pretty entertaining watching the Aussie media flip-flop on their support for Hillary, suddenly we are pro Trump...
Looks like bum kissing to me!

Shijing said:
Aaaand the Putin (and Wikileaks and Comey) bashing has begun...
Shameless whining! The Clintons lied, cheated and stole this country blind for over 40 years. They'll be lucky if we only lock them up for life. Instead, we should hang them both!

Just read that creepy Podesta just told the Clinton supporters to go home, get some sleep and return tomorrow. Hillary won't concede until all the votes are counted. Hillary was no where to be seen BTW.

UPDATE: CNN is reporting that Hillary has phoned Trump to concede, however, she won't be speaking publicly at this time.

NormaRegula said:
Just read that creepy Podesta just told the Clinton supporters to go home, get some sleep and return tomorrow. Hillary won't concede until all the votes are counted. Hillary was no where to be seen BTW.

I was shocked to see this.. people where waiting for her speech and then she just doesn't show up? Ed Schultz from RT was saying how arrogant this is, and brought another good point, maybe something to do with her health issues? But either way if you have people supporting you and waiting hours, this is truly disrespectful. :shock: People were singin Journey's "Don't stop believing" after Podesta's appearance.. :lol:

Edit: typo

NormaRegula said:

She probably isn't even physically fit to speak. Some president she would've been!

I woke up this morning and knew Trump had won. I checked, and sure enough.

It's like so awesome that Killary did NOT win. That's the main good thing about it because, as I wrote very early in this thread, Trump is more like Hitler than Killary, and the dynamics all seem to be similar to Hitler's surprising win against the establishment. They can manipulate a LOT of votes, but not all. And from what I was hearing, there was unprecedented turnout: the people really have asked for Trump and for good or ill, they've got him.

Now, the only campaign promise I'd like to see fulfilled is that he arrest the Clintons and drain that swamp in D.C.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall wherever Killary is. That woman deserved being trounced if anybody ever did.

As already noted in a previous post (think it was griffin): now Obama and the gang will be working like mad to booby trap everything before Trump takes office in January.

Anyway, as has already been said, now there will be no war with Russia which is a good thing. I'll be interested to see how the NATO chumps start acting now that their big backer is gonna go South.

Anyway: I know it is unseemly and all that, but I can't help feeling satisfaction that Killary, that eeeeevil murdering psychopath, did NOT get her "dream". Gaddafi must be cheering on the other side, too, rest his soul.

Back
Top Bottom