Doing more to help

This is what I was referring to, what more can we do?
Is it just keep going with self care and trying to be truthful, giving when we can in various ways?
Self-care is good, because it means that if we take good care of ourselves in turn we can take care of others too. It's what Stephen Covey in The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People calls Sharpen the Saw:

It's preserving and enhancing the greatest asset you have - you. It's renewing the four dimensions of your nature - physical, spiritual, mental and social/emotional.
And:
Renewal is the principle - and the process - that empowers us to move on an upward spiral of growth and change, of continuous improvement.
For instance reading the romance novels recommended by Laura for me is like sharpening the saw while also moving up on this upward spiral of growth and change, which will make the lives of our nearest and dearest (much) easier.

Self-care is good, because it means that if we take good care of ourselves in turn we can take care of others too. It's what Stephen Covey in The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People calls Sharpen the Saw:

And:

For instance reading the romance novels recommended by Laura for me is like sharpening the saw while also moving up on this upward spiral of growth and change, which will make the lives of our nearest and dearest (much) easier.
It’s interesting that exactly how my mind has shifted
I am now finding it easy to use discipline in thinking, speaking, and acting.
I have read several of the recommended romance readings and I am on a clear mission to align my behaviours with truth.
This means I am being honest with myself and everyone I deal with. I am aware of making a choice between ‘attention seeking manipulative’ behaviours (parts of a default program) and honest integrity.

I am able to let go of the dramatic scripts and replace them with thoughtful and chosen words.
It seems so straight forward now and before it was so anguished and difficult. And I can feel it becoming easier each day as I pay attention!

This means I am being honest with myself and everyone I deal with. I am aware of making a choice between ‘attention seeking manipulative’ behaviours (parts of a default program) and honest integrity.

I am able to let go of the dramatic scripts and replace them with thoughtful and chosen words.
It seems so straight forward now and before it was so anguished and difficult. And I can feel it becoming easier each day as I pay attention!
And this only is a big accomplishment, well done. Plus donating and helping however we can should be enough

Back
Top Bottom