Does anyone know what this means: Tartar Company?

Ruth

The Living Force
Last night I had a dream where I was in what appeared to be a cross between a nursing home and a psychic festival (no kidding). At this dream I was told by a 'world class' psychic the two words 'Tatar Company'. I'm not sure what the significance of this is, but I'm reasonably sure that it does not have anything to do with cullinary itmes, although this is interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartar_sauce

Tartar sauce is not to be confused with Cream of tartar, which is the potassium salt of tartaric acid.

The name derives from the Tatars, a Turkic people who live primarily in Russia. The sauce was not, however, invented by the Tatars but the French, who served it as a condiment for Steak tartare, a meat dish made from similar ingredients. Tartar sauce is very commonly spelled 'Tartare' in many European countries as well as Australia and New Zealand. This is based on the original French term sauce tartare as the word "tartare" is always spelled with an "e" whether it is masculine or feminine
And I don't think it had any military connotations either, or toothpaste or even film making for that matter...
http://www.economy-point.org/t/the-tartar-company.html

Something came up in the Nuernburg Military Tribunerals, however
http://www.mazal.org/archive/nmt/04/NMT04-T0195.htm

Jews, about 300 more than the number of Jews registered. In the other Kommando areas as well, 100-200 Jews were still disposed of in each instance.

Besides the work rendering harmless Communist Officials and NKVD agents — of whom over 100 were apprehended in each of the separate sectors of activity — the search for partisans in the Bakhchisarai, Yalta, and Karasubazar sectors is of primary importance. While the ambushes and attacks on the highways of west Crimea decreased somewhat as a result of the convoy system and stronger security measures, several attacks on villages occurred. Keush was attacked during the night 7-8 February by 300 partisans, and 8 houses were set on fire. The partisans were repelled with the help of a Tartar self-defense company and of an army unit. On 9 February, 150 partisans, who were provided with arm bands of the kind the Tartar Company uses, attacked the village of Stzlia, which was plundered. Reports to the army stressed repeatedly that stronger action against the partisans was absolutely necessary before the beginning of the warmer season. Several large-scale operations are being prepared now on the basis of the reconnaissance in this region. In the eastern sector, in particular in the Karasubazar area, four surprise attacks were made on German trucks. One of these was made by 200 partisans who wore snow jackets at the time.

On 1 February, the village of Kasanli was occupied. The Tartar Company liberated the village and shot 6 partisans and 2 commissioners. An attempt to occupy Ortalan was repulsed by the Tartar Company. An attack on Chokrak planned for 9 February with the purpose of freeing 40 prisoners of war held there was prevented by investigations made by the Kommando. On 3 February, 6 parachutists were dropped near Karasubazar. Kommando action together with the Tartar Company prevented the parachutists, who were able to fight their way through to the partisans, from taking jettisoned batteries and explosives with them. "Molotov cocktail" and other booty were taken.

Several actions are also planned for the eastern sector on the basis of data made available by the Wehrmacht.

In the northern sector of the Crimea, a partisan group consisting of seven men was taken. These were trying to break through to the Ukraine, allegedly to receive special orders in Nikolaev.

Between 1 and 15 February, 1,451 persons were executed, of which 920 were Jews, 468 Communists, 45 partisans, and 12 looters, saboteurs, and asocials. Total up to now is 86,632.
Maybe it relates to a location rather than an historic event. I don't know. Seems like a lot of war going on around that area. Will have to do further 'research' on the matter.

Also, the New York Tatar Company came up in the internet search I did, where two Dutch decendants played an important part in New York society. Any relation to Dr Rick, I wonder? :D
http://www.shelter-island.org/hoagland_brothers/

Avala said:
Tartar is also mythic greek hell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartarus
Eeek, worse than Hell, or so it seems.

It all seems to be pointing in the direction of the Crimea.
http://www.euronet.nl/users/sota/krimtatar.html
Which seems to be the centre of quite a colourful history.

Now why would the world spend so much time fighing over some 'stinkey bog'?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_War
There has to be more to it than just methane.
http://www.crimea-info.org/project3/crimea1.htm

Some action also took place on the Russian Pacific coast, Asia Minor, the Baltic and White Seas
The roots of the war lay in the existing rivalry between the British and the Russians in other areas such as Afghanistan (The Great Game). Conflicts over control of holy places in Jerusalem led to aggressive actions in the Balkans, and around the Dardanelles.
Hmm, quite a history lesson here... and it seems "The Great Game" is still being played out today. I like the 1911 cartoon of the British lion and the Russian bear sitting on the Persian cat, from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Game

This is interesting from link that Vulcan gave

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TATA_box

A TATA box (also called Goldberg-Hogness box)[1] is a DNA sequence (Cis-regulatory element) found in the promoter region of most genes (it is considered to be the core promoter sequence) in eukaryotes [2]. It is the binding site of either transcription factors or histones (binding of a transcription factor blocks binding of a histone and vice versa) and is involved in the process of transcription by RNA polymerase. It has the core DNA sequence 5'-TATAAA-3' or a variant, which is usually followed by three or more adenine bases and has been highly conserved through evolution.

It is normally bound by the TATA Binding Protein (TBP) in the process of transcription, which unwinds the DNA, and bends it through 80°. The AT-rich sequence facilitates easy unwinding (due to 2 hydrogen bonds between bases as opposed to 3 between GC pairs). The TBP is an unusual protein in that it binds the minor groove and binds with a β sheet.

The TATA box is usually found as the binding site of RNA polymerase II. The transcription factor TFIID binds to the TATA box, followed by TFIIA binding to the upstream part of TFIID. TFIIB can then bind to the downstream part of TFIID. The polymerase can then recognise this multi-protein complex and bind to it, along with various other transcription factors such as TFIIF, TFIIE and TFIIH. Transcription is then initiated, and the polymerase moves along the DNA strand, leaving TFIID and TFIIA bound to the TATA box. These can then facilitate the binding of additional RNA polymerase II molecules.

This cluster of RNA polymerase II and various transcription factors is known as a basal transcriptional complex (BTC). In this state, it only gives a low level of transcription. Other factors must stimulate the BTC to increase transcription levels. One such example of a BTC stimulating region of DNA is the CAAT box.

Many genes lack a TATA box and use an initiator element or downstream core promoter instead. Nevertheless, TBP is always involved and is forced to bind without sequence specificity. Promoters lacking a TATA box are called TATA-less promoters and are suggested to make up 50% of all promoter sequences.
and more information about DN and genes

also interesting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junk_DNA

In molecular biology, "junk" DNA is a collective label for the portions of the DNA sequence of a chromosome or a genome for which no function has yet been identified. About 97% of the human genome has been designated as "junk", including most sequences within introns and most intergenic DNA. While much of this sequence may be an evolutionary artifact that serves no present-day purpose, some is believed to function in ways that are not currently understood. Moreover, the conservation of some junk DNA over many millions of years of evolution may imply an essential function. Some consider the "junk" label as something of a misnomer, but others consider it apposite as junk is stored away for possible new uses, rather than thrown out; others prefer the term "noncoding DNA" (although junk DNA often includes transposons that encode proteins with no clear value to their host genome).

Broadly, the science of functional genomics has developed widely accepted techniques to characterize protein-coding genes, RNA genes, and regulatory regions. In the genomes of most plants and animals, however, these together constitute only a small percentage of genomic DNA (less than 2% in the case of humans). The function, if any, of the remainder remains under investigation. Most of it can be identified as repetitive elements that have no known biological function for their host (although they are useful to geneticists for analyzing lineage and phylogeny). Still, a large amount of sequence in these genomes falls under no existing classification other than "junk".

Overall genome size, and by extension the amount of junk DNA, appears to have little relationship to organism complexity: the genome of the unicellular Amoeba dubia has been reported to contain more than 200 times the amount of DNA in humans"[1] [2].

The pufferfish Takifugu rubripes genome is only about one tenth the size of the human genome, yet seems to have a comparable number of genes. Most of the difference appears to lie in what is now known only as junk DNA. This puzzle is known as the C-value enigma or, more conventionally, the C-value paradox[3].
and much more about it.Quite tartarish :D

anart said:
...or perhaps your subconscious was craving fish and chips?
Ha ha, Annie! Its my body that craves the fish and chips (and with tomato sauce btw), not my subconscious. The subconscious is too busy 'feeding me' weird dreams. For now, or so it seems.

Avala said:
The pufferfish Takifugu rubripes genome is only about one tenth the size of the human genome, yet seems to have a comparable number of genes. Most of the difference appears to lie in what is now known only as junk DNA. This puzzle is known as the C-value enigma or, more conventionally, the C-value paradox[3].
and much more about it.Quite tartarish :D
Wow! You guys have really been fishing something fierce!!! :D I wonder if you've landed a 'big one'?!?

I didn't expect anything about DNA or anything like that. Although, when it 'pointed' to the Crimea, it did seem to say something about human DNA and/or history. But then, there you go.... this stuff is just weird.

Yes, seems that one can learn a lot by “chance" and just following clues and lines, for example I didn’t read so much about genetics before I red your post about dream which (at first hand) had nothing with genetic.

I was in what appeared to be a cross between a nursing home and a psychic festival (no kidding).
you think this is a strange combination? bizarre bazaar
I was told by a 'world class' psychic the two words 'Tatar Company'.
all in all not a lot to go on.

tatar
- ferocious or violent person; a tartar

tartar
- person regarded as ferocious or violent

- fiercely vigilant and unpleasant woman

Idiom:
"catch a Tartar"
To grapple with an unexpectedly formidable opponent.

company
- a guest or guests

- group of persons

- companions or associates

wild guess - this is dealing with an antagonistic relationship (you may be nursing along?) on the esoteric level. "world class" psychic is probably you. the relationship might possibly also be you.

seems that one can learn a lot by "chance" and just following clues and lines
discernment

sometimes, words dropped by a clerk, a waiter, a waitress - occasionaly a friend, a relative...an enemy..or a stranger.

These having no idea they are playing a cosmic part in the Synchronicity drama, never guessing they're being employed as channels for a message, symbolically relayed messages which, if no one is there, or sufficinetly aware to receive them remain as pieces of themselves, in the larger puzzle

let those who have eyes - see
and let those who have ears - hear

if one opens the eyes, to truly see, and opens the ears, to truly hear, the messages coming through will be startlingly clear.

Excerpt from Gooberz by Linda Goodman

outcydr said:
sometimes, words dropped by a clerk, a waiter, a waitress - occasionaly a friend, a relative...an enemy..or a stranger.

These having no idea they are playing a cosmic part in the Synchronicity drama, never guessing they're being employed as channels for a message, symbolically relayed messages which, if no one is there, or sufficinetly aware to receive them remain as pieces of themselves, in the larger puzzle

let those who have eyes - see
and let those who have ears - hear

if one opens the eyes, to truly see, and opens the ears, to truly hear, the messages coming through will be startlingly clear.

Excerpt from Gooberz by Linda Goodman
Apologies for the aside, but one might want to consider from whom such messages are coming - not all 'telephone calls into the past' are coming from those with your best interests at heart - and following where such messages lead can result in finding yourself in a trap from which there is no escape. fwiw.

Back
Top Bottom