Do-it-yourself liposomal nutrients

Hi barmoley,

Since this is your first post, we would appreciate it if you can write an introduction into our newbies thread and share with us a bit about you, how you came across our forum, things like that? This way, you'll give us a chance to welcome you aboard properly. Thanks. :)

I originally discovered liposomal vit-C reading a post by Brooks Bradley. He mentioned that the ultrasonic device be a minimum of 38,000-40,000 cps,(cycles per second).This info should be printed on the bottom of the unit,otherwise the mfgr should list this in their product specs. The ultrasound works as a percussive instrument by sending sound waves into the solution. A tip to learn how manufacturers of liposomal products process their product is to search their patent number through the patent office.This is public info.The application for patent also explains how the product is made.There are various methods used,for example, shooting the solution through a high pressure nozzle which slams against a barrier.Essentially a violent mixing process is necessary which is what the ultrasound does. I assume the use of a blender,as mentioned in this forum, assists in mixing the solution prior to ultrsound which makes sense.I don't think a blender alone would work as I have not read any mfgr use it. I use Swanson brand soy lecithin,non-GMO.Sunflower is also a good alternative.I plan to make a glutathione liposome as I recently had a IV glutathione "push",basically about 1000ml syringe of glut.,B-12,vit-C. Excellent stim & detox effects. Hope this info contributes to the forum. TTFN.

Regarding 'vit-C', most ascorbic acid is produced,made,in China & is GMO,(genetically modified),from GMO corn source. From memory I believe it was 85% of world production of vit-C is produced in China. If GMO is a concern,there is non-GMO sodium ascorbate avail., pH is 7.1 & easily searched on the 'net'. Nutra Biotic is one source. Sharpertek is a reasonably priced ultrasonic unit & better made than Harbor Freight models which have many negative reviews due to early breakdown. I'm not selling nor represent any products I mention. These are my research results. The unit I purchased is about 38,000cps. which is sufficient to do the job per research. The time is also a important factor. If there is residual lecithin after a sonic run it could mean: 1.more time is needed or 2. the solution is fully saturated leaving the residual. If the lecithin is dissolved in warm water there would be no granules visible of course. Homogenation is the point. Regards premixing components,lecithin can take the heat but vit-C cannot,so take care in premixing the vit-C perhaps in luke warm water.I would not go beyond internal body temp of 98, prox. to avoid degradation. Regards.

Storage temperature for Vit-C ranges from 32-41 deg.F so it is important to note temperatures during processing of lipo solution,i.e., if lecithin is warmed,allow it to cool before adding Vit-C . My processing temp in ultrasonic was 80 deg F & because of the limited, time:temp exposure, I would assume a negligible degradation of the vit-C. B. Bradley, & others, states that the,min., dosage is 5gms. which is 2-tsps. weighed. Not that I distrust the info,however, 'normally' liquids are expressed in 'ml' or 'cc', so 2-tsps. is 10 ml. (1-tsp DRY weight is 4.67gms,prox). Not to be 'OCD', just sharing my findings realizing that kitchens are not labs & life is a experiment. TTFN
gb

grumpy bear said:
Storage temperature for Vit-C ranges from 32-41 deg.F so it is important to note temperatures during processing of lipo solution,i.e., if lecithin is warmed,allow it to cool before adding Vit-C . My processing temp in ultrasonic was 80 deg F & because of the limited, time:temp exposure, I would assume a negligible degradation of the vit-C. B. Bradley, & others, states that the,min., dosage is 5gms. which is 2-tsps. weighed. Not that I distrust the info,however, 'normally' liquids are expressed in 'ml' or 'cc', so 2-tsps. is 10 ml. (1-tsp DRY weight is 4.67gms,prox). Not to be 'OCD', just sharing my findings realizing that kitchens are not labs & life is a experiment. TTFN
gb

Hi gb,

Just in case you missed it, its customary to make an introduction in this category; just a little about yourself and how you found the forum.

Here is the standard greeting that new members receive:

Don't forget to check out Tips and advice for Newbies and the Forum Guidelines.

You might also want to read through the Diet and Health and EE-Breathing Program threads as well as the Recommended books: List and Guide. You also might be interested in the Knowledge and Being video made by Laura. It serves as an introduction to some of the concepts discussed here on the forum.

In the meantime, it's a good idea to bookmark the Cassiopaea Esoteric Glossary and the CassWiki as they are very useful references that can be used when you encounter concepts/terminology that you may not be familiar with. It should be consulted before posting questions on the forum.

Note that there are some "off limits" areas to the forum that are restricted to all but active forum participants, and we ask you to please keep the noise down. You will also not be able to edit or delete your posts until you reach a minimum of 50 posts. In that respect, it pays to use the "Preview" button prior to posting your message so that you can see how your post will look to others.

Finally, there is so much information on this forum that before beginning a new thread or asking a question on a subject, it is recommended to use either the quick search function at the top of the page or the more advanced search function on the menu function.

Please note that on each section of the forum, you will see a sticky topic at the beginning of the list of topics. This sticky topic called "Important threads - Name of the section of the forum" contains all the important threads that should be read by all members.

For members interested in delving deeper into the material, check our Comprehensive Guide for the Serious Reader.

Thanks gb! :)

Hello Grumpy bear! Thank you for the refresher on lipo vit c. I still have lipo stored in the refrigerator and it's been several months since we've taken it. My wife and I were tanking up for a while during the Ebola scare but have since backed off. I'm supplementing my vit c daily in a drink that I carry to work every day. I'm thinking the lipo in the frig most likely is no longer going to be effective so I should probably make a new batch.

OCD.... when trying to cover all the bases could be a good thing. :)

Ditto what Voyageur said. Your first post sure as heck makes anything I've said up to this point look pretty sad, so keep on keeping on! ;D

I'm a bit skeptical that the liposomal vitamin C has to be kept below certain temperatures during the ultrasound process in order to reduce degradation. How is it that the violence of the ultrasound, necessary to create liposomes, is ok but that the side effect of the violence, heat and increased temperature, is not ok?

Hi all,

I read this entire thread yesterday and am considering starting to make Lip C. However, I see some people using it as part of their daily supplementation and I think Laura recommended that it be used primarily when the body is very sick.

Since it's been a while since the thread was really active I hope you could tell me if you're still using it as daily supplementation or use normal Vit C and just keep the liposomal handy when needed?

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences :-).

Thor said:
Hi all,

I read this entire thread yesterday and am considering starting to make Lip C. However, I see some people using it as part of their daily supplementation and I think Laura recommended that it be used primarily when the body is very sick.

Since it's been a while since the thread was really active I hope you could tell me if you're still using it as daily supplementation or use normal Vit C and just keep the liposomal handy when needed?

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences :-).

I primarily only use it if sick, but I'm not sick much at all. I do take it for a day or two before traveling by plane just to give my immunity a little boost.

I use mainly ascorbic acid when I need it. For me it works better. I'm reserving the liposomal kind for emergencies when increased levels of vitamin C are needed.

I think this is a good update as to why plain old ascorbic acid sometimes work better: http://www.sott.net/article/284126-Vitamin-C-A-cure-for-Ebola

Thanks Odyssey and Gaby for your answers.

The linked article on the benefits of ascorbic acid compared to liposomal vitamin C was very relevant.

I will stick with the "old-school" titration approach. I have done that in the past but reading the article made me think that I might not have been taking enough as I didn't increase the dosage all the way to the loose stools level and then back off.

Gaby said:
I use mainly ascorbic acid when I need it. For me it works better. I'm reserving the liposomal kind for emergencies when increased levels of vitamin C are needed.

I think this is a good update as to why plain old ascorbic acid sometimes work better: http://www.sott.net/article/284126-Vitamin-C-A-cure-for-Ebola

Gaby, just a quick follow-up question on daily doses of vitamin C. I've read your article on HealthMatrix and the other linked articles and from what I can gather, the recommendation for a daily maintenance dose is to take the amount of Vitamin C (usually 1-4 grams per dose) that you'll tolerate just before feeling nauseous or getting diarrhoea. This dose should be taken 3-4 times per day.

At the same time the articles say that the point is to get as much vitamin C in the body as the body allows and that in many cases, the vitamin C won't really do a lot of good until close to bowel tolerance level.

I started out with 1 gram doses four times a day and that was OK. The second day I did 2 gram doses four times and that was also fine. The third day 3 gram doses also worked out well. On the fourth day I used 4 gram doses and it started to get a little uncomfortable. Not nausea or loose bowles but rather a felling of too much acidity in the stomach, shalowness of breath and a slight pressure/discomfort in the ears. Although I didn't reach bowel tolerance I reached what I'd call comfortable health tolerance. Now after doing that a couple of days I still think my stomach feels a bit sour at 3 grams 4-5 times per day.

Do you take a daily maintenance dose or do you use vitamin C if you come down with a virus or other health problem?

I have some areas with dry skin on my fingers and they have definitely improved - probably due to the improved collagen production. So my initial though was to do a one-month vitamin C protocol with 3 grams 4-5 times per day and then reduce it to maintenance levels of either 1 gram 3-4 times per day or just keep it as a reserve for use when needed.

But I'd appreciate to hear your opinion on the protocol. Thanks :)

For detox purposes, or in case of disease or a specific symptom you are dealing with, titrating doses of vitamin C could be tried.

On a regular basis, you could do 1-4 grams of vitamin C for general maintenance and or no vitamin C. Those who have an iron overload tendency need to be careful to not overdo vitamin C.

In my case, I take vitamin C when I'm very tired. I tend to have low deposits of iron and vitamin C is known to help with adrenal fatigue. I take up to 18 grams of vitamin C when I'm doing night shifts and the day afterwards. It helps me out.

For some, adding some xylitol helps to cut out the acidity of the ascorbic acid.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks a lot - that does help :).

I'll do the month of detox and then take it when I feel I need it. Good to know that it may also help if I'm very tired. I cut out coffee a number of years ago but still drink black tea. However, I can feel that it's not good for my system and am getting ready to it as well. Maybe the vitamin C will come in handy there?

Thor said:
I'll do the month of detox and then take it when I feel I need it. Good to know that it may also help if I'm very tired. I cut out coffee a number of years ago but still drink black tea. However, I can feel that it's not good for my system and am getting ready to it as well. Maybe the vitamin C will come in handy there?

Oh yes. Be careful to not take too much vitamin C before going to bed. It might give you insomnia due to its energizing effect. I have made this mistake a couple of times and always regretted the missed opportunity to sleep well.

Back
Top Bottom