Do-it-yourself liposomal nutrients

If you have a look through the thread you might notice that the home-made version of ‘liposomal’ vit. C doesn’t really work. The manufacturing of truly liposomal vit. C requires expensive lab gear.

So your best bet is to invest the money not into an ultrasonic cleaner but instead into a quality brand if liposomal vit. C.

If you have a look through the thread you might notice that the home-made version of ‘liposomal’ vit. C doesn’t really work. The manufacturing of truly liposomal vit. C requires expensive lab gear.

So your best bet is to invest the money not into an ultrasonic cleaner but instead into a quality brand if liposomal vit. C.
Good to know. I'll be stocking up then.

Is there a difference in quality from the different manufacturers of liposomal vitamin C?

I live in Europe (Denmark) and am considering buying bulk liposomal vitamin c to go along with HBOT treatments. Any recommendations as to good deals?

Alternatively, if there are very good bulk deals in the US, it might also be worth it to just have it shipped to Europe and pay the VAT. Supplements tend to be terribly expensive in the EU compared to the US.

Is there a difference in quality from the different manufacturers of liposomal vitamin C?

I live in Europe (Denmark) and am considering buying bulk liposomal vitamin c to go along with HBOT treatments. Any recommendations as to good deals?

Alternatively, if there are very good bulk deals in the US, it might also be worth it to just have it shipped to Europe and pay the VAT. Supplements tend to be terribly expensive in the EU compared to the US.
Yes there can be big differences and often you can’t be sure if it is liposomal at all. Last time I looked and researched the topic the following products of the mentioned company were the best and also the cheapest. And I‘ve searched and researched quite a bit. If I remember correctly they also offer discounts if you buy more. If I remember correctly, the bottle stays good/usable for one year unopened in the fridge and 1 month in the fridge after it has been opened. So you should take that into account too I think. I also explained a bit how to find a good and reliable product:

[…]A real, "cheap", and good tasting Lipo-Seller with good ingredients:

The first lab has tested a brand I'll bring up next, that I think has by far the best Lipo-solution (that I could find) with concrete data to back it up, that was tested in that first laboratory, and also by the way, independently confirmed by the guy I brought up in the first paragraph above in his testimony. It also has the highest content of Lipo-Vit-C in it on the market while being the most "inexpensive" at the same time.

This Lipo company where I now ordered what I consider most likely real Lipo-C is called LipoLab. You get 500ml of Lipo-Vit-C for 54 € in germany without any additional shipping costs. It seems like the lab is either in germany and/or in the Netherlands. My guess is germany. I received mine in germany pretty quickly, 2,5 days after ordering. In germany, the minimum order quantity is one bottle. For all other countries it seems to be 3 bottles + additional shipping costs, and by that still much cheaper than other brands. I contacted the company to ask for the expiration date of the product unopened and opened. Unopened and cooled in 3-5 degrees Celsius (important!) the bottle can be stored one year! Which is very good. The bottle also has a milliliter cap and is light tight (also important!). Light, warmth and air decays Vit-C quickly. In the case of wrmth, everything above 30 degrees celsius destroys lipsomes. All of this is considered in this product. After opening the bottle it holds at least one month (in 3-5 degrees) before the Liposomes are gone, which is also pretty good. It is also the only company of the few I came up with (and I looked closely at many brands), where there is a good likelihood, that what they sell is actually Lipo-C, and from this small selection, the only one who doesn't use alcohol in the product that is put into a bottle. Also very good IMO. Thea are also planing on a new Lipo-Vit-C product that will be made out of bio acerola cherries. That bottle will cost 70 € though and only has 1/3 of the Vit-C content. They also succeeded to make it taste good (not easy) while not using any bad stuff.

Many other products are either questionable or a lot more expensive or have bad stuff in them:

Here are a couple of other producers of Liposomes in the EU listed in a table for comparison, some of which, like Dr. Mercolas, are rather questionable. It is in german and I agree with comment section in the right column about the different brands. There are a number of others too, that sell it but they are either very expensive or have bad stuff in them and more often then not, are rather questionable if you know what criteria to look for to determine the likelihood of it really being Liposomes.

Things to look out for on finding a reliable seller of Lipo-C:

For example: If they promote it as Liposomal and don't show some proof like specific nano sizes and laboratory results, that should be a red flag. Similarly, when they don't get specific what makes their product Liposomal. Also when you read in reviews of people who tested it something like; "I took a dose or more of it and got stomach pain and diarrhea" and when you read in on different platforms, there is a good likelihood that it is not a Liposomal emulsion. Or in the case of Mercolas "Lipo", when it is put into capsules and no cooling is needed that is a big red flag. Another criteria is the amount of Liposomes that are supposed to be in such capsule products like Mercolas, which is impossibly high for such a small milliliter dosis. There are also brands who seriously sell it as hard tablets which is absolutely impossible. Also if they state that their product is "micro" that is a sure sign that it is not Lipo because Lipo is in a nano size between 100 - 500 nanometers with specific characteristics like a double layer. Smaller then that, like under 100 Nanometers, should be fine too I guess, but rather unlikely that the company can sell this for relatively cheap money. Everything larger than 500 nanometers is not Lipsomal. Also if the product doesn't state that it must be cooled or the bottle is not light tight either via a light tight material or a light reducing color, that is also a sign that it might not be Lipo. Or if the company states an impossibly high shelf life as soon as it is opened, even when alcohol is in it, that is also a red flag.

There are a few brands that seem to be sound though, but they don't come even near the cheapness and good overall impression like the one from LipoLab mentioned above. So I don't list them here. If you want to, I can do that though.[…]

Yes there can be big differences and often you can’t be sure if it is liposomal at all. Last time I looked and researched the topic the following products of the mentioned company were the best and also the cheapest. And I‘ve searched and researched quite a bit. If I remember correctly they also offer discounts if you buy more. If I remember correctly, the bottle stays good/usable for one year unopened in the fridge and 1 month in the fridge after it has been opened. So you should take that into account too I think. I also explained a bit how to find a good and reliable product:
Thanks a lot, Cosmos.

I'll definitely consider LipoLab. Googling liposomal vitamin C europe, I came across this site: LipoCellTech. The have a fancy website, which is often somewhat of a red flag - but not always. I sent an inquiry asking for a quote for 1 kg.

How would you evaluated whether the quality is high or not?

How would you evaluated whether the quality is high or not?

For example: A labor test (preferably independent) - as explained earlier in the same quoted post above - and the nano distribution of the Liposomes (which the test normally shows). Also, if I remember correctly, how high the ratio between Liposomes and normal Vit-c Emulsion is in the product. Or, if the company doesn’t provide such concrete data, clear/trustworthy statements from the company about some of the mentioned criteria for liposomes. Although you have to trust them in that case that what they claim is true.

[…]Googling liposomal vitamin C europe, I came across this site: LipoCellTech. The have a fancy website, which is often somewhat of a red flag - but not always. I sent an inquiry asking for a quote for 1 kg.

Seems I could have been wrong in my assumption that Liposomes in dried/powder form should be impossible and therefore those who sell such stuff are likely not selling Liposomes. If it is true what the company above claims, then dried Liposomes can in fact be produced and are claimed to be quite more effective than in liquid form and are called Prolipsomes, instead of Liposomes:

Seems I could have been wrong in my assumption that Liposomes in dried/powder form should be impossible and therefore those who sell such stuff are likely not selling Liposomes. If it is true what the company above claims, then dried Liposomes can in fact be produced and are claimed to be quite more effective than in liquid form and are called Prolipsomes, instead of Liposomes:

I just talked to LipoCellTech. The say that in their product, there is 90% vitamin C concentration. Normally, they sell a minimum quantity of 25 kg and I think only to companies, but I'm not 100% sure on that. They agreed to make an exception for me and to sell me one kilo to try it out. I haven't received the invoice yet, but I think he said 250 EUR plus shipping. That seems like a very good rate.

If it turns out to be as good as they claim, it might be an idea to coordinate a 25 kilo purchase for the Europeans on the Forum and divide it into smaller, say, one-kilo units and ship it to one-another. That would incur additional shipping costs but could still be a very good deal.

The liquid lipo-vit-C from LipoLab is 20% vitamin C compared to 90% from LipoCellTech.

I asked the sales manager of LipoCellTech about particle size of their product as LipoLab had referred to it in their documentation pages. I've pasted his reply below. I find it interesting and it makes sense to me to measure the absorption in the cells rather than blood sauturation.

"On the lipocelltech website you can find a graph which tests the oxidative stress
in relation to our vitamin C.
Plus a graph for increased blood levels.
The fact that liposomal C will have a much better bioavailability than
intravenous see you can find in chapter 5 of the book https://www.amazon.nl/Curing-Incurable-Vitamin-Infectious-Diseases-ebook/dp/B016NH1NPE.
In this case we are talking about the absorption in the cells not only in the blood.
Usually companies promote that their product will be absorbed in the blood and that it will
therefore have a better effect. But the product can be removed from the blood by the kidneys and the liver
so it will have little change to be absorbed in the cells.
The liposomal form will easily merge with a cell so that guarantees the result a supplement should have.
"A much smaller oral dose of liposome encapsulated vitamin C ( 5 to 10 grams) often results in a clearly
superior clinical response than a much larger dose of vitamin C given intravenously ( 25 to 100 grams)."
Chapter 5 page 442, Summary.

Particle size is not an important factor in bio availability if the liposomes are real liposomes.
This particle size story is more marketing talk with no real scientific background.
These days there are several fake products on the market where the bottle says
liposomal vitamin C but there are no liposomes in the product.
And of course poor quality products with a very low percentage of liposomes."

The liquid lipo-vit-C from LipoLab is 20% vitamin C compared to 90% from LipoCellTech.

I asked the sales manager of LipoCellTech about particle size of their product as LipoLab had referred to it in their documentation pages. I've pasted his reply below. I find it interesting and it makes sense to me to measure the absorption in the cells rather than blood sauturation.

"On the lipocelltech website you can find a graph which tests the oxidative stress
in relation to our vitamin C.
Plus a graph for increased blood levels.
The fact that liposomal C will have a much better bioavailability than
intravenous see you can find in chapter 5 of the book https://www.amazon.nl/Curing-Incurable-Vitamin-Infectious-Diseases-ebook/dp/B016NH1NPE.
In this case we are talking about the absorption in the cells not only in the blood.
Usually companies promote that their product will be absorbed in the blood and that it will
therefore have a better effect. But the product can be removed from the blood by the kidneys and the liver
so it will have little change to be absorbed in the cells.
The liposomal form will easily merge with a cell so that guarantees the result a supplement should have.
"A much smaller oral dose of liposome encapsulated vitamin C ( 5 to 10 grams) often results in a clearly
superior clinical response than a much larger dose of vitamin C given intravenously ( 25 to 100 grams)."
Chapter 5 page 442, Summary.

Particle size is not an important factor in bio availability if the liposomes are real liposomes.
This particle size story is more marketing talk with no real scientific background.
These days there are several fake products on the market where the bottle says
liposomal vitamin C but there are no liposomes in the product.
And of course poor quality products with a very low percentage of liposomes."
I started a new thread on liposomal nutrients from LipoCellTech as it's not really DIY, which is the title of this thread.

I started a new thread on liposomal nutrients from LipoCellTech as it's not really DIY, which is the title of this thread.
Hi, I'm interested. Did you mean 250 eur + shipping per kilo? I will read more on proliposomes, but from your understanding, is it as good as true liposomes but cheaper and easier to store, to sum it up?

Note, the link new thread goes to the old DIY liposomal thread.

Hi, I'm interested. Did you mean 250 eur + shipping per kilo? I will read more on proliposomes, but from your understanding, is it as good as true liposomes but cheaper and easier to store, to sum it up?

Note, the link new thread goes to the old DIY liposomal thread.
You're right it was the wrong link - my bad :-).

Here's the correct link to the thread "Improved delivery mechanism for liposomal nutrients?".

The discussion is continued in that thread.

This is a repost from another thread, that I think belongs here as well:

I've researched the topic of Vitamin C delivery to the body a while now with a particular emphasis on making "Liposomal Vitamin C" at home, especially for serious and acute health issues.

Early on I started to realize though, while looking at all kinds of recipes on making it and scientific articles, both from lay persons and professionals in science and the brands manufactures who sell Vitam-C as Liposomal products, that there is a great deal of confusion about this topic and everyone basically seemed to have different opinions about what Liposomal really is and if it can be made with simple tools at home at all, without many facts being available.

At the end of this gathering of data I basically concluded that there isn't really any proof that the simple recipes people on the net provide via ultrasonic cleaning apparatuses and the like do produce Liposomal products and thought it is rather likely that what is actually produced there is an emulsion, which is something quite different. See more about that below .

So I started to make the "Lipo-Vit-C" myself with various methods and recipes from the Net, while trying to also use a rather "strong" ultrasonic unit. There is also a wild discussion what amount of power is really needed and what waves, amplitudes, Herz etc. have to be used to produce Liposomes.

Then I also looked very casually into some of patented recipes that involve alcohol in the process from companies who claim to create Liposomes and then basically realized, what I started to assume already, that the process itself for producing them is probably far more difficult and maybe involves a number of complex chemical guidelines that also depend on temperature, mixing time etc.

Having had quite a bit personal experience in applying a bit more complex chemistry to produce a desired outcome in the past, I knew that what sounds so simple could be rather difficult in reality. I also tried to use two simple chemical methods, of which I found one on the internet and the other one after talking to friends, to find a way to "easily determine" what I actually produced at home, since I wanted some concrete data, which no one seemed to provide on the net, on what I was actually producing, aka. Liposomes or something else like an emulsion.

The idea most commonly used on the net is Natron and trying to see what chemical reaction the produced product has to it, compared to simple vitamin c, dissolved in water. The other one was using Iodine, since I knew that it dissolves (becomes invisible) when it comes in direct contact with Vitamin C. Tried both and wasn't sure what to make of the results, since I thought, there are probably more variables at play and it isn't that simple. The basic idea floating around the net is that Natron shouldn't react, or much less strongly, when it comes in contact with Lipo-C, compared to normal Vit-C (producing a less bubbly reaction or delayed bubbly reaction) and that this than is supposed to be "proof" that we have Liposomes.

Turned out that this couldn't convince me of anything really in either direction, since again I thought this is a bit oversimplified and missing some concrete data I was yet unaware of. While doing all of that, I also came across the idea of bioavailability and how Vit-C Liposomes seem to be far superior in that regard but again not really knowing what this means and how it applies to it.

Recently I did new batches of "home made Lipo-Vit-C", and made a simply bowl experiment, calculated how much Vit-C should be in what I swallowed and seeing how my body reacts to it, thinking that the body might react far less, bowl movement wise, if it is "Liposomal". So I took a rather large dos is in one go (of about 12 grams of Vit-C dissolved and prepared in this amount of "homemade liposomal Vit-C"), just to see the reaction.

After an hour or so my bowls reacted, but far less serverly as I expected, so my assumption was that indeed, at least some significant amount of that Vit-C must have changes into Liposomes or something like that. In the end of all of this I came to the conclusion that what you would really need is a electron microscope or a lap that can look at it in this way, otherwise you can't be sure at all.

Fast forward to today, I watched a three part series in german from a guy who started out doing the Lipo-Vit-C at home as well and in the course of those three videos (and years in between) encountered many of the same questions and confusions I described above, about what is actually produced in those homemade recipes, coming to the same tentative result as I have, that Lipo-C might indeed be something different that can't be produced at home so simply.

In one of those videos a guy linked the following presentation about Lipo-Vit-C from Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD, which described many of the same problems and finally lit a number of light bulbs about that topic in me, which seems to be in accordance with my observations and others on the net.

Not only is Levy doing a great job in finally explaining clearly what Liposomes actually are and what not, but also how true Liposomal products, which are very specific in their membrane forms and sizes to even be able to do miracles in the body, seem to clearly surpass even Intravenous-Vit-C, for very logical reasons. He also talks about what bio availability really means and that this is also rather complex. He states quite clearly, and I think he is right, that home made "Lipos" are not Lipos, but emulsions of Micells which makes a huge different in what it can and can not do. Lipos vary in size from 100 - 500 nanometers (and can't be produced with those homemade lipos recipes) and Micells are of at least one order in magnitude bigger size around 1000+ Nanometers and have quite another, one layered shell structure, which has its limits to pass through and interact with the body.

Lipos can pass, do to their size and at least doubled layered structure, in which the core has a payload of the material (in this case Vit-C) that needs to be delivered, right through the gut into the blood stream and extra and even intracellular structures. Micells on the other hand, do to their larger size and only one layered structure, without an inner core , can only go to the lymphatic sytem for example, but not really farther than that; aka not anywhere near to cells. What he does say though, which seems to be in accordance with what I have gathered so far, is that homemade "Lipo-C" which should be properly called "Mico-C" in my opinion, is indeed far more effective that normal vitamin C. So I think it is a good idea to use it instead of normal Vitamin C. He also explains why it is comparing apples with oranges when science papers try to determine the effectiveness of Intravenous Vit-C in comparison with Lipo-C, by studying the blood levels. Very interesting!

I highly reccomed watching this in full, since he brings up so many interesting facts and results, also about Intravenous-Vit-C compared to Lipo-C, that I think it is a must watch in that regard. He also mentions his Multi-C-Protocol, which I think is the best we can do for serious cases at the moment and not only that. The most important component is Lipo-C in there. Here is the Protocoll from the video and I think the normal Vit-C for the bowl tolerance barrier could be substituted by homemade Mico-C.

I think this is the best Protocol we have available at this point, that you can use pretty much against anything, including cancers, infections, inflammatory diseases and even mundane stuff etc, VERY EFFECTIVELY, varying the amounts and specifics according to the given need...

The Multi-C Protocol:

View attachment 28865

By now I'm also rather convinced that some, if not many, especially the cheap brands, of Lipo-Vit-C providers, actually provide you with Mico-C-Emulsions rather then Lipo-C. If a brand does not clearly state what makes their product Lipo, like Nanometer sizes between 100 and 500, lab results, facilities and Patents that are used, and their stuff is rather cheap on top, it could very well be that it is not Lipo. I guess there are also legal loopholes some of those companies use to promote their products as "Lipo", while in fact what they sell are cheap Emulsions (you can do at home) for huge profits as "Lipos".

On the other hand, I think, a couple of brands have enough credibility and concrete things to back up their claims, to be fairly certain that it is Lipo. Unfortunately they are usually pretty expensive, which is largely do to the high production cost in labs and they usually contain alcohol. I heard somewhere that if you would like to buy some of the ultrasonic equipment they use to produce lyposomes at home, you would need at least 17.000 € or so to buy it and a lot of space for the machine. That was just a radome claim however, so I'm not sure.

At this point, discovering more and more about the truly miraculous improvements Vit-C, most especially in Lipo form, seems to provide for pretty much any circumstance and need, I do wonder though how much money exactly and what methods one could use to at least try to built a working Lipo lap at home.

Maybe there are indeed cheaper solutions out there, that the manufacturers keep under raps, that one could build to produce that stuff? It is certainly worth the effort, if something like that could be possible.
Hey Y'all,
I'm still breathin' ...long story.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and those who courageously experimented with making liposomal C.
I was inspired to revisit this thread on making liposomal C, and read every page only to come to the end and learn that it isn't an ideal process. Cosmos' previous post captured my attention and shared concern. However, after listening to the presentation by Dr Thomas Levy and pondering on the method suggested in this thread, I started re-watching it again and had to stop at the 6:38 min mark because what i had learned the first time through made a light bulb go off...

Dr Levy includes this in the History of Liposomes @ the 6:38 min mark of video:
"The appropriate exposure of phospholipids to excess water gives rise to lamellar structures than[sic] can effectively
encapsulate the solutes present(liposomes)."

Now, the phospholipid has a hydrophilic end and a hydrophobic end, and if the lecithin (the source of phospholipids) is being added to water FIRST, then those hydrophilic ends will attach themselves to water molecules right away.
With that in mind, perhaps tweeking the method by adding the lecithin directly to the Vit C solution would make it a more liposomal product since the "phospholipids...can effectively encapsulate the solutes[Vit C] present" ie. liposomes.

Could it be that easy of a solution? (not sure, maybe it was a dim light bulb that went off...)
Still gonna give it a try and see...

I also got some confirming information on liposome preparation from my son who works for a chem company, and it suggests the same thing - the "aqueous solution with water soluable drug" is added to the "lipid cake" (ie. lecithin), then agitated(stirred, shook, swirled - not blended) one hour, or allowed to stand overnight (forms large multilamellar vesicles), then sonication(bath preferred) until homogenous- 10-15 min (forms small unilamellar vesicles). There weren't many details regarding sonication, it all depends on ingredients being used. But it did say that "the small multilamellar vesicles are inherently unstable and will spontaneously fuse to form larger vesicles when stored below their phase transition temperature." So, maybe don't store in the fridge and use up in a few days?

Another possible improvement from reading some of the ingredient list in the prepared products was the addition of Phosphotidylcholine, which would provide additional phospholipids to the solution.

One of the reasons i revisited this page was for my canine companion, KiRa. I took her to a chiropractor for a low back issue that's been getting worse over the last couple months (she's only 4 years old & 100#)...not sure what she did, but she can be a bit reckless. While there, he gave me a print out of an article from '96 about a study on dogs suffering from hip dysplasia and supplementing with Ester C (calcium ascorbate), with the idea that it might help her back issue. The results of the study looked promising, and while it doesn't correct hip dysplasia, they theorized:

EsterC "helps rebuild the soft tissue of the joints (cartilage and synovial membranes between bones) improving mobility.
In healthy cartilage, normal cell loss is balanced by the rebuilding of cells. Under diseased or inflammatory conditions, cell loss is excessive. In the case of a dog's hip joint this can mean that adequate cushioning no longer exists. The high demand for vitamin C may begin exceeding the amount made in the dog's liver, so deterioration continues. Supplemented vitamin C may turn the process around....
Vit C is essential in the making and rebuilding of soft tissue because it promotes the growth of collagen, a tough, stringy "mortar" that holds cells together. At the same time, the soft tissue also holds water, which maintains compression resistance to cushion the joint--this is the "lubrication" described by Noonan in his assessment of Pinto's X-rays."

The study did not give dose/# , however, the Double-blind crossover study listed groups taking 2000mg EsterC, 850mg EsterC, 2000mg EsterC plus minerals, 2000mg Ascorbic acid and placebo. Study ran for 4 weeks. Percentage of dogs with improvement were 78%, 52%, 62%, 44% and 4% respectively. The handlers reported no negative side effects.

The author also advocates supplementing Dogs with Vit C from the time they are weaned puppies to two years of age, and that giving bitches vit C during pregnancy and lactation can prevent chronic hip dysplasia in the offspring!

More recent research into Vit C supplementation for canines recommend liposomal C, which sounds more feasible, cuz lets face it, who wants to give a dog increasing doses of Vit C to bowel tolerance?

I'm giving her 1000mg CalciumAscorbate + 1000mg MSM, 2-3 times/day for about a week so far. Haven't reached bowel tolerance, yet. She's showing some improvement, but probably would be improving faster if I had kept her from jumping up on window seat and couch sooner, and also kept her from chasing rabbits and cats, which seems to aggravate her condition. Sheesh, no fun!

Anyway, I have some time to experiment with this, and get my own joints in condition, too, before window cleaning season begins.
KiRa is due for her rabies shot, so if this Vit C therapy doesn't help her before then, I will have the vet check her out at her appointment.

Will let you know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom