Do comets and planets have souls and gender?

T

thisplacerocks

Before you laugh, I'm just curious whether celestial bodies such as comets and planets have souls and gender.
20 August 2011
A: No not exactly. When humankind "fell" into gross matter, a way was needed to return. This way simply is a manifestation of the natural laws. Consciousness must "eat" also. This is a natural function of the life giving nature of the environment in balance. The Earth is the Great Mother who gives her body, literally, in the form of creatures with a certain level of consciousness for the sustenance of her children of the cosmos. This is the original meaning of those sayings.
Planets like Mars and Jupiter (Zeus father) have masculine names. Earth and Venus have feminine names. Planets seem to be alive and have some form of consciousness to support a living ecosystem.

Thanks for your help.

Hi thisplacerocks :-) I think this a perfectly valid and good question.

Given that we are consciousness incarnated into matter, I think it would be possible, and probably very common for celestial bodies such as comets and planets to have souls. Whether they would be male / female I'm not sure since gender might only be an animal thing.

I guess it all depends on what the soul / consciousness desires to learn, and what it's nature is.

Before you laugh, I'm just curious whether celestial bodies such as comets and planets have souls and gender.

Planets like Mars and Jupiter (Zeus father) have masculine names. Earth and Venus have feminine names. Planets seem to be alive and have some form of consciousness to support a living ecosystem.

Thanks for your help.
I think that in order to fully answer the above question one should know what the soul is. And what is the soul in fact?

According to the concept of panpsychism, consciousness is graded. Inanimate matter in a sense has consciousness, while higher organisms have it more and more.

As for gender, I believe this to be one of the manifestations of our perception of duality. The Kybalion repeatedly references how its seven principles (Mentalism, Correspondence, Vibration, Polarity, Rhythm, Cause and Effect, Gender) can be perceived by entities from 3D reality. The law of gender states that gender is in everything; everything has its male and female elements (aspects); gender manifests itself on all levels (planes).

Nevertheless, this has little to do with biological sex. The male and female characteristics are rather a consequence of our perception. In this approach, femininity is a kind of softness, warmth, empathy, where in physics a kind of empathy may be e.g. striving for a state of thermodynamic equilibrium, while masculinity is a kind of coolness, sharpness, spatial aspect of space-time etc.

However, when we ask these types of questions, we should be aware that we are only asking about the manifestations of certain higher substances that we perceive. We ask about phenomena, not about noumen (a thing in itself).

It's a bit like seeing a projection of a three-dimensional geometric figure onto a two-dimensional plane. We can then say something about this figure, but we perceive only its manifestation. It itself and its nature are not fully recognizable to us.

I also remember reading (not sure where - maybe the Ra material) Someone asking about celestial bodies having souls. I remember reading that not only planets, suns and moon have souls, although different form human souls, also galaxies can - basically anything.

Also a question was asked about a soul incarnating into a rock, and the answer was yes this can happen - the reason being that the soul desires to learn restriction.

I just wish I could remember where I read this so I could quote it because it seems so relevant to this topic.

Reading your post made me have the following thought process, using a few bits from the transcripts that I've saved and so could find easily, there might be more besides this though.

March 4th 1995

Q: [...] What is the source of energy generated by stars?
A: Transfer points cause friction thus producing energy.
Q: (L) Transfer points of what; from what to what?
A: Dimensions.

Q: (L) Could you describe for us the interior of our sun and how it works?
A: It is a window.

Interior of sun is a window. Transfer point from dimensions among other things.

March 1st 1997

A: What is the nature of neutron stars, supernovae, "black holes," et cetera?
Q: (L) You go in a black hole, and you come out a pulsar?!
A: All are the junction of matter/antimatter... the borderline between realities as you know them... material realms/etheric realms, density level junctures, realities. One can pass through these windows with ease; remember, the stars and planets are windows too.
Q: (L) And stars and planets were described as being giant atoms. Is an atom a window?
A: Yes.

Window is junction of matter/antimatter, borderline between realities, transference, etc. etc.
Like sun mentioned first above, all stars and planets are windows too.
Stars and planets are like giant atoms.
Our usual atoms are also windows.

Dec 12th 1998
Q: [...] Could you define for us a 'window?
A: Convergence; opening to alternative states via energy grid points.
Q: Are windows where you can pass back and forth? Moving between realms?
A: It is possible.
Q: How does a window differ from a 'portal?'
A: Window is open, portal is crafted.

Q: What determines its opening and closing?
A: Frequency.
Q: Frequency of what?
A: Energy patterns.

More on windows, about convergence, passing, transference, etc.
Window sand portals are similar, but portal is crafted.
Both are determined by frequency.

Organic portals, some humans, are such crafted versions of windows.
Maybe non-OP people, spiritually-potentialled people, can be considered as 'Organic windows'
People raise their FRV, their frequency, as part of the work, improving receivership capabilities, etc.
People as windows raise their frequency to determine their opening.
This meshes with...

November 18th 2001
A: Matter is, in macrocosmic terms, somewhat different than you suppose.
Q: What do you mean by that? Matter in terms of stars and solar systems? It is what?
A: How about "larger."
Q: So, when we think of matter as being atoms and molecules, solar system and cosmic matter is composed of larger units?
Q: What are the smallest of these larger units?
A: Living things.
Q: (A) Living things extending through densities?
Q: (A) Wait. Are there beings composed of stars like we are composed of atoms?
A: In a certain sense, yes.
Q: (A) So, larger, we added living things as not just built of matter, but as units of matter.
Living beings, such as people, are units like atoms (windows), on a different scale.
That is, atoms are windows on one scale, living things are the atoms, windows, on macrocosmic scale. Planets and stars are windows on one scale higher? All interacting with each other.

Sept 25th 1999
A: Off the point we told you before that all spheres of cosmic nature are windows.

Comets are rocks, some might be spherical.
Besides, living beings aren't necessarily from the outside a sphere shape, right?

So, in a similar way that stars and planets can be living things, as windows, as units (possibility that I've gone too far and I'm just conflating these terms, though),
Perhaps comets are also windows, and also living beings, "in a certain sense."

Well that's very interesting Raoulfrkannon. I guess I should read the transcripts more carefully !

A: All are the junction of matter/antimatter... the borderline between realities as you know them... material realms/etheric realms, density level junctures, realities. One can pass through these windows with ease; remember, the stars and planets are windows too.

That might be the answer as to why astrophysicists can't figure out why there is a perceived imbalance between matter and antimatter in the universe - the antimatter is all concentrated in the stars :-)

I wonder what it means for a soul to incarnate into a sun ? How would that feel to live for 10 billion years ? Or does time pass differently for suns than humans ? And what does that soul do ? Act as a gatekeeper between realities ?

All very interesting pondering...

Well that's very interesting Raoulfrkannon. I guess I should read the transcripts more carefully !

That might be the answer as to why astrophysicists can't figure out why there is a perceived imbalance between matter and antimatter in the universe - the antimatter is all concentrated in the stars :-)

I wonder what it means for a soul to incarnate into a sun ? How would that feel to live for 10 billion years ? Or does time pass differently for suns than humans ? And what does that soul do ? Act as a gatekeeper between realities ?

All very interesting pondering...
I highly recommend opening a word document, and just reading though all the transcripts from the beginning and copy pasting anything of interest into that document. Don't be too picky with what you save, it's gonna end up fairly big whatever you do (mines 140000 words), but it makes doing stuff like that much easier, and it gives you something to browse through for fun if you have a few minutes, because by definition everything in it is stuff that you considered of interest! Just do it as a little thing on the go for a few months. Reading through everything once means you'll have some general points from everywhere that give you keywords or concepts to ctrl + f when you want to consider them more deeply (like I remembered something about portals, spheres, stars, and life).

I think almost any speculation from a human perspective using human language to think about what it is like to "be" a star is doomed! Even our notion of "being" is probably too limited, let alone the narrower "experience"! Having said that, we know that planets have densities too (3rd density earth, 4th density earth, et.) and densities are defined by awareness, right? So who knows! It certainly is interesting to ponder :) I like your idea that they might actually be sort of like conscious gatekeepers in a way. If you think about some people as being here on the planet to develop a conduit, and we do that by being better people through choices and actions, I wonder if planets have their own version of the Great Work? :P

This question brings to mind CS Lewis's space trilogy. In Perelandra, it is revealed that each planet has a ruling entity, essentially an angel - not a harp-playing, robed cherub, but a being of great power and fearsome aspect. During the protagonist's direct encounter with these entities, he observes that while they are utterly sexless (how can a being of pure energy have a sex?) they are more profoundly gendered than any biological entity could ever be, embodying either masculine or feminine in a deep and absolute fashion connected at the level of the most primal archetypes.

It also brings to mind, in linguistics, the (to me, as a native English speaker) odd habit of Indo-European languages of gendering inanimate objects. I've long thought this is related to an ancient panpsychist apprehension that consciousness is inherent in all things, and that as such even a rock or a grain of sand has a gender.

I think that in order to fully answer the above question one should know what the soul is. And what is the soul in fact?

I let the experts who wrote Casswiki answer this question:
In FOTCM discourse, soul usually means that part of an individual which is permanent in the sense of surviving physical death and specifically belongs together with that individual and no other. Whether such a thing even exists may depend on the individual itself. For example, an ”organic portal” or ”preadamic man” would not have a soul in this sense, although there would be some sort of non-individuated animating energy in the ”individual soul’s” place.
If a soul in this sense exists, it may be more or less evolved. Even if one exists, it may have very little to do with the run of one’s life. It may be and usually is for the most part asleep and dissociated from the body’s and mind’s experience. Using the metaphor of the coach, we could say that the passenger is asleep and the driver/horse take the coach (body) where they please, having quite forgotten about the passenger.

The soul in this sense is linked to the concept of acquiring a real I and gaining access to one’s higher centers. These higher centers will exist at least in potential if there is a soul, as we use the word here. At the end of Fourth Way evolution, this soul may be substantially identical with the ”real I”. This is however vanishingly rare and various intermediate stages of development are needed before this soul is truly anchored into the body as the conscious master of thought, feeling and physicality.
A human being with higher emotional and mental centers (colloquially termed as chakras) has an individual soul that has the potential to become a "real I", unlike an organic portal whose soul is part of group soul, like an animal. Earth is 3D planet, Jupiter is 4D planet. Does that mean earth has a human-like individual soul? Or is it just a part of the cosmos?

After looking at this article The Wave Chapter 26: The Tree of Life , planets and comets could be part of the body of the cosmos. The cosmos, which is the body of all that exists, can be represented as a tree of life diagram:

1643044213934.png

On the other hand, humans are said to be the the mirror image of "God". So it is represented as the reverse of the above.
1643041814594.png

I imagine that the cosmos of all that exist has a cosmic soul because it is what the Cs called Prime Creator.
10 December 1994
Q: (L) Well, that is pleasant. And what happens to energy that is "total non-existence"?
A: Total non-existence balances total existence. Guess what is total existence?

Q: (L) Well, is it kind of like a balancing force?
A: "God."

Q: (T) Are we talking about the creator god as in the Pleiadians?
A: Not Pleiadians. Prime Creator.

Human beings are also prime creators. We are all a duplicate of the universe. Since human beings (excluding organic portals) have souls, it makes sense that that cosmic Prime Creator also has a soul.
24 November 1994

Q:
(L) So we just have to stay on our toes at all times?

A: Absolutely don’t let others distract you. You have suffered many attempts at distraction away from truth. Now follow some proclamations: Pause. All there is is lessons. This is one infinite school. There is no other reason for anything to exist. Even inanimate matter learns it is all an “Illusion.” Each individual possesses all of creation within their minds. Now, contemplate for a moment. Each soul is all powerful and can create or destroy all existence if know how. You and us and all others are interconnected by our mutual possession of all there is. You may create alternative universes if you wish and dwell within. You are all a duplicate of the universe within which you dwell. Your mind represents all that exists. It is “fun” to see how much you can access.
December 12, 1995
Q: (L) You mean there is no Prime Creator, no origin or source of our existence?
A: You are Prime Creator.

Q: (L) But that is so esoteric... I am talking about...
A: The point is: stop filling your consciousness with monotheistic philosophies planted long ago to imprison your being. Can't you see it by now, after all you have learned, that there is no source, there is no leader, there is no basis, there is no overseer, etc... You literally possess, within your consciousness profile, all the power that exists within all of creation!?! You absolutely have all that exists, ever has, or ever will, contained within your mind. All you have to do is learn how to use it, and at that moment, you will literally, literally, be all that is, was, and ever will be!!!!!!!!

So in conclusion, I would say that comets and planets generally are tiny parts that make up the cosmos. They are like the atoms inside our bodies. They do not have their own souls.

The only thing I don't understand is why Caesar is said to be descended from Venus.

It's a bit like seeing a projection of a three-dimensional geometric figure onto a two-dimensional plane. We can then say something about this figure, but we perceive only its manifestation. It itself and its nature are not fully recognizable to us.

I agree the principle behind gender manifests itself in lower density two to four as biological sex. Other manifestations include feminine and masculine qualities. At higher density, there is no physical thus no biological sex.
11 February 1995
Q: (DM) Are you male or female?
A: There is no gender here.
8 April 2000
Q: Okay, when they were on their home planet, why did they develop a masculine religion as opposed to a feminine one, considering the fact that women are the source of life, in certain terms?

A: In your density, masculinism/feminish is essentially a roll of "the dice." Remember, at higher levels gender is nonexistent.

At higher density, the principle behind gender may be receptiveness, as seen in "Secret History of the World":
Ibn al-‘Arabi discusses the Universal Reality or Reality of Realities, i.e. Nature. In his cosmology, Nature alludes to the feminine side of a male/female, active/receptive, or yang/yin relationship. The words he uses in his discussion bring to mind receptivity toward an activity “coming from above,” so to say. Nature is receptive to the Word, or “sign”. Even though Nature is described as “receptive”, it can be active or receptive according to the “forms” that are “impressed” into it via the Logos.

The specific properties of Nature are “heat, cold, wetness, and dryness”. Two of them are active and two receptive. Heat is the root of dryness and cold is the root of wetness. But all four are receptive in relation to the Divine Command. Heat and cold, as well as wetness and dryness, display opposition and mutual aversion. As a result, everything that displays the properties of Nature reflects this opposition and conflict.
So planets can have gendered qualities.

It also brings to mind, in linguistics, the (to me, as a native English speaker) odd habit of Indo-European languages of gendering inanimate objects. I've long thought this is related to an ancient panpsychist apprehension that consciousness is inherent in all things, and that as such even a rock or a grain of sand has a gender.
French has an interesting way of giving gender to nouns. Stars and planets are feminine (une étoile, une planète) whereas sun is masculine (un soleil). French culture has its roots from the ancient past - apparently, they are the "athenians" who defeated the atlanteans, as hinted by Fulcanelli (Jupiter, Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, and the Return of the Mongols Part 9).

I also remember reading (not sure where - maybe the Ra material) Someone asking about celestial bodies having souls. I remember reading that not only planets, suns and moon have souls, although different form human souls, also galaxies can - basically anything.

Also a question was asked about a soul incarnating into a rock, and the answer was yes this can happen - the reason being that the soul desires to learn restriction.

I just wish I could remember where I read this so I could quote it because it seems so relevant to this topic.

Perhaps this is the quote.
37.7 Questioner: Does each entity have an individual mind/body/spirit complex totality or do a number of entities share the same mind/body/spirit complex totality?

Ra: I am Ra. Both of these statements are correct given the appropriate time/space conditions. Each entity has its totality and at the point at which a planetary entity becomes a social memory complex the totality of this union of entities also has its Oversoul and its social memory complex totality as resource. As always, the sum, spiritually speaking, is greater than the sum of its parts so that the Oversoul of a social memory complex is not the sum of the Oversouls of its member entities but operates upon the way of what we have called squares and what we grasp you prefer to call doubling.

In FOTCM discourse, soul usually means that part of an individual which is permanent in the sense of surviving physical death and specifically belongs together with that individual and no other. Whether such a thing even exists may depend on the individual itself. For example, an ”organic portal” or ”preadamic man” would not have a soul in this sense, although there would be some sort of non-individuated animating energy in the ”individual soul’s” place.
If a soul in this sense exists, it may be more or less evolved. Even if one exists, it may have very little to do with the run of one’s life. It may be and usually is for the most part asleep and dissociated from the body’s and mind’s experience. Using the metaphor of the coach, we could say that the passenger is asleep and the driver/horse take the coach (body) where they please, having quite forgotten about the passenger.

The soul in this sense is linked to the concept of acquiring a real I and gaining access to one’s higher centers.
It is expressed in an absolutely beautiful way, but for me it is still not enough. This is still not a definition that allows any operation on that definition.

In mathematics, when we define any object, we thereby enable ourselves to operate on that object. How can we operate when we are talking about the soul?

Perhaps this is the quote.
37.7 Questioner: Does each entity have an individual mind/body/spirit complex totality or do a number of entities share the same mind/body/spirit complex totality?

Ra: I am Ra. Both of these statements are correct given the appropriate time/space conditions. Each entity has its totality and at the point at which a planetary entity becomes a social memory complex the totality of this union of entities also has its Oversoul and its social memory complex totality as resource. As always, the sum, spiritually speaking, is greater than the sum of its parts so that the Oversoul of a social memory complex is not the sum of the Oversouls of its member entities but operates upon the way of what we have called squares and what we grasp you prefer to call doubling.
And Ra (Law of One) says that "a social memory complex" is something that occurs when a planet is in fourth density.

The work is communal, what one knows, everyone knows (as is the case in this forum).

Likewise, a Social Memory Complex can be STS or STO. That energy difference that "defines" the energy of the planet through its inhabitants, could perhaps be defined as masculine or feminine, depending on the orientation (choice) of the Social Memory Complex.

The conscious "souls" that carry out their work in the planetary spheres define the "energy" of it.

Maybe...

Rudolf Steiner mentioned something very interesting about comets and their masculine nature:

Anyone who knows the teachings of Spiritual Science cannot doubt that behind every sensible reality resides a spiritual element. A comet radiates over our earth, there must also be a spiritual reaction behind this action. Take for example Halley's Comet which is an outward expression (we can physically observe it) every time it enters the sphere of our terrestrial existence it gives a new impetus towards materialism. Halley always brings a suprasensible drive towards materialism and it is not difficult to verify. The appearance of this comet in 1835 was followed by the materialistic current of that time. The preceding appearance of 1758 was followed by the rationalist current of the French encyclopedists.
Certain things cannot happen on Earth except because their causes were previously set in motion. This is the Karma of the world. A comet is a set of Karmas, the desire for substance, without the corresponding spiritual substance, it is an astral body.

Human spiritual life follows its course with a cosmic regularity, in contrast, there are things that are always one step ahead and whose effects are distributed over long periods of time, these events occur under the influence of comets. Comets have various tasks and when they have served their purpose they disintegrate.
Just like when a child is born, through the return of a comet something new is produced. We must remember, however, that with certain comets the physical world, materialism, is increasingly promoted and this is something that we must resist, a comet is evil to the extent that we are unable to resist. Those who pay attention to such things will be able to observe that there is something different in reality.

From man himself emanates a continuous current of errors, of bad, basic thoughts, these are the realities, which pass into the astral world and continue to exist there, so that the astral sphere of a planet fills little by little, not only of normal substances of beings but also of these psychic substances... Occult Science (the one that is alien to ordinary man or humanity) tells us the bodies of cometary or meteoric nature are always trying to gather around themselves all the harmful astral products to get them out of the planetary system.”
The occult view shows us that when a comet disappears from physical sight it dissolves, and continues on its way through a world that is not limited to the ordinary three dimensions of space but no longer exists in the ordinary world. When they are formed again in this ordinary world, it exerts a power of attraction, this center attracts all the harmful astral currents, they develop around itself and give it shape. On its return to the other side, it carries the noxious psychic substances with it beyond the planetary system and discharges them into cosmic space.

We can make an analogy with a natural function of humans. The woman's ovum represents the solar system, the comet is the fertilizing sperm. Try to imagine the process. There is a planetary system; which receives something new in itself, namely the effects of the comet. The egg exists, it receives in itself the fertilizing effect of the male cell, the sperm. Look at the two phenomena without prejudice. To understand cometary bodies you must understand that they do not function as a planetary body, try to thread this line of thought, comets are always incipient phenomena, they are perpetually born and die again. Out there, outside the system, they don't exist at all. There are comets that fly towards the sun, they are its food, it consumes a large number of kites per year. Comets are alive! The Sun is also alive.”

Here is a video of Comet ISON. We can see the tail move in a way similar to how a sperm would. As Steiner mentions, from the spiritual point of view the influences the comet radiates on the planet is a "cosmic fertilization" of mother Earth.

In short a comet

1. Certain things cannot happen on Earth except because their causes were previously set in motion.

(L) Next question. (Andromeda) Will Comet Elenin interact with and cause a major disruption of earth this year?

A: Possible yes.

Q: (Perceval) It's probably not possible to know exactly when. (L) Yeah, I think it depends on the conditions of the planet and so many other variables. It hasn't even gone through the asteroid belt yet. That traversal... The asteroid belt is between Jupiter and Mars, and it won't go through that until March and April. And of course that means it still has to pass Jupiter. (Ark) It has already passed. (L) It passed Jupiter? You're sure? (Ark) Yes, I was looking yesterday. (L) Okay. So, it's past Jupiter so they can have a better idea of the orbit, but it still has to go through the asteroid belt, and that's a crap shoot. (Andromeda) We'll have to ask closer to the time. The thing is that...

A: Elenin is already taking its toll.

2. A comet is a set of Karmas.

3. Events occur under the influence of comets.

4. A comet produces something new.

5. The appearance of a comet corresponds to an influence that goes against regular events.

6. A comet exerts a power of attraction, it attracts all the harmful astral currents (psychic substances) that exist in the astral sphere of the planet.

7. Comets have various tasks and when they have served their purpose they disintegrate.

Back
Top Bottom