Disturbing Dream Experienced by my Wife.

catketch23

A Disturbance in the Force
Hello All,

Yesterday morning just before getting up, my wife Sharon had a very strange dream. She was quite upset. I included it (below) in her words.

"We were driving in our vehicle. We were in what would appear to be a tunnel with parking spots off to the right with 2 vehicles parked facing the 2 lanes of traffic. There was also a vehicle behind us as I remember headlights. Our headlights were on as well. As we got near the 2 cars that were parked the first one quickly pulled out blocking both lanes of traffic. It was a larger black car with totally black windows. He stopped and just stayed there not moving. We just stayed wondering what was going on but didn't blow the horn. Our headlights were shining on the driver door but we couldn't see into the car at all. We sat there for a few minutes then I noticed movement on the far side of the other vehicle still parked. There was a man sitting in the driver side of the car looking straight ahead and there was a little boy outside of the car on the passenger side. I could see from the waist up and he was faced away from me but I could see part of his face. I noticed he was shaking severely and wondered to myself what was wrong with that little boy and why the man wasn't doing something for him. Just as I thought that the driver of the black car burst out of the car wearing only white shorts or boxers of some type, bare chest and bare head holding a sledgehammer in his right hand and a 2 foot spike in the other. He was totally illuminated in our headlights. His mouth looked like he was yelling but I don't recall hearing anything and I immediately woke up."

"I very rarely have any type of frightening dream - this one was very vivid and very disturbing. Absolutely NO idea what it could signify."

Any thoughts or ideas on this would be appreciated.
Sincerely, Patrick H.

Hmm... I might be way off, but I think your wife may have picked up an energy coming from a real situation. Someone (the child) desperatelly needing to be rescued from someone. Child abduction is unfortunatelly all too common and God knows what the ultimate fate of that child. As you deal with the emotions involved, try to list as much as you can details. If you try as Esoquest often advises of replaying the dream, see if there are details like a plate license, car make, etc... My guess is that if this is a real situation, it might not be too far from where you two live.

Good luck.

Realmhiker's approach is very appropiate and factible. There is a chance worthy to consider: One could be picking-up from the exterior.
Details... details... details... Dreams are details. Why you did not blow the horn when the car was bloking the way? The guy leaving the car was heading where, to you or to the kid or?
If there is the hability to replay, head on and rescue elements. If there is not such hability, forget this one and be atent to the next one(s), and have pen and paper besides de bed.
It could also be precisely what it was: A blockade of the way, for you to see something. Fear clouds our minds. You most attempt some interpretation, as small as it might be. Was that man his father, perhaps? Was the other car the objective of the man, or you? Was your car similar to those other two? The car behind stopped too? Try to write the answers to this and other questions that comes to your mind, on paper: Things and details come-up when you dig on them.
If this was she catching a real situation, can she or you both recognize or try to localize this tunnel or anything similar?
So you see, this sort of dreams demands a lot of work by the dreamer. The most correct interpretation is the one of the dreamer.
And be ready to catch further similar dreams, if they happen.

Yes, details. You suplied a lot of general details, now you need the real case breaking details. If you can't come up with any new ones... let go... you cannot solve all cases. But this one taught you something, that you can indeed see a lot of things and remember in dreams. If you can't crack this one, don't dispair. See it as an opportunity... more will come. Hopefully not as frightening.

Good luck.

Dreams where action is taken against the dreamer, or with obvious symbolic content, although possibly complex are easier to interpret than observer dreams of an objective-like nature, IMO. The objective nature of the dream elements, and the lack of active participation of the dream person make it difficult to assess the deeper meaning of the dream, and even if there is any behind the literal presentation.

One good place to start here is to examine the events of the day or even days prior to the dream itself. What movies were seen, and what happened during the day that may have resulted in a strong impression that was later forgotten. Memories coming up in dreams are usually things where our conscious attention does not linger.

Also the lack of detail, may indicate that the key elements are the most important here, and going back to the dream may not be necessary to reveal more detail, but to get a deeper understanding of those elements. If it is a psychic impression, it was triggered by something. Usually, there is a link between the people involved even if that link was established through some brief observation or encounter. Of course, there are always exceptions, and who knows how many unknown variables are invovled in psychic transmission and reception?

So a good place to start is memory, to see if there is anything real associated with the elements of the dream, such as a car with tinted windows passed during the day. It is possible that elements in memory whether real or seen in some film or other medium accumulate to piece together the more nebulous psychic impression, which seems to be a Hollywood-like raving lunatic threatening a helpless child. Your dream does sound like something from a movie.

That is one possibility. Another is that the elements are clearly symbolic but not exclusively personal. It may reflect a perception of what is happening to children in general. That would be quite probable if the black car was a government vehicle, and the lunatic out of it was practically naked and hence his true intentions revealed. It may be a picking up of the general fear related to the vulnerability of children today. It is interesting that it was a woman (maternal instinct) that had this dream.

These elements are all what Jung would call elements of the animus or male side. Although I am not a fan of Jung's, it is still interesting that a woman was dreaming of three radically different types of men: The violent savage, the indifferent guardian and the child in distress.

Vehicles often symbolize closed systems of being. A couple in a car is a couple "driving" through life together. The road is straight, but enters a tunnel, a bridge underground. The vehicle with the guardian and child is aligned with the road so these people are probably normal, although their journey has halted. The black car is a different system, something independent of the guardian and child as well as the other "vehicles of life". This is at right angles to the straight path and blocks it. This marks the "wrongness" of the black car.

So while the guardian is clearly either indifferent or simply unaware, the occupant of the black car is malevolent as verified by the instruments of violence he holds. And because the dreamer was with her spouse and in another car, the animus elements were probably not portions of her self but a perception from the outside, either specific (which is where memory triggers might come in) or general (where the subconscious picked up elements to describe the impression from whatever was available in general memory).

In this case, the dreamer CAN go back and relive the dream asking questions regarding each element to uncover any further information. All in all, these are the possibilities in my view. If this IS something to which the dreamer has forged a link somehow there will probably be follow-up dreams, especially if it is a general situation or thoughtform. If it is a passing specific event, then it's probably a one time deal.

Back
Top Bottom