Library Articles

Alana said:
The seeker, i hear you and i understand you. And yes, time is short. But instead of feeling frustrated and feeling sorry for yourself for not being up to speed, use that energy to ACT. These are my suggestions:

1. Quit pot for good, NOW. Do not try, just quit it. It doesn't help you at all, in fact many of your mood instabilities and inabilities to control your emotions are most likely due to brain imbalances caused by it.
2. Start doing the EE program everyday, except for the BaHa (bioenergetic breathing) for the time being, because is contraindicated for people who are using substances that alter their brain chemistry.
3. Start the detox diet. Our bodies, minds and emotions are affected by what we eat. Read up on the sticky threads on the Diet & Health section, for more information. In this link you will find also the most important books to read on diet and health.
4. Start reading the "Big Five" books on Narcissism from the link of recommended reading, given above. They will help you understand your behavior now, how it came to be, and what you can do/observe in yourself, to change it.

If you are sincere, you can start with these. As Jedi Master Yoda says: Do, or do not. There is no 'try.' :)

I totally agree with the good advices of Alana.

As we can say, it is in your hand, you have your destiny in your hand. Go for it eventhough it is not always easy.

I posted this in another thread a while ago, but it applies here as well:

I think it's really important to take a look at this 'I don't have time' idea - or this 'I can't do what others have done' idea. Where does it come from? It's not objectively true. All any of us have is the time before us - right now - each day. It is what we do with this time that matters - not whether we have enough time to do what we think (from our limited vantage) 'needs' to be done. We can't know that!

What we can know is that each moment matters - whether we choose, in each moment, to follow the part of us that wants to sleep or the part of us that wants to grow.

We often (if not always) are in exactly the situation we need to be in, in order to begin the Work. Your life is your creation and a reflection of you and it is within that life that one can Create and learn to Be. Yes, there are challenges - it IS Work after all and this entire reality is designed to make it difficult to escape - but - there is a Way and it is not impossible!

These thoughts of 'not enough time', 'I'm not like others', 'I can't do this', 'I'm not strong enough/smart enough/young enough/tough enough/important enough/enlightened enough' - are ALL the 'predator' and defeating you in advance. They are ALL lies.

So - perhaps it might be really helpful if the next time these thoughts spring to mind you simply say, "lie" - and get back to it - get back to learning, to pushing your own boundaries, no matter how small or large, to giving when you don't think you have the energy to give and to making these moments you have in THIS life - right now - matter in any way you can.

You matter. THIS matters. The attempt to awaken, to learn, to give and to become who we were each destined to be matters - it's not about 'time' - it's about right now, each moment and following that part of yourself that is great, not that part of yourself that is small, at every opportunity - and there are many opportunities.

I agree with Alana's advice - and without an active emotional center, real change is almost impossible, so get off the pot - now.

Wow, I just checked in and I had to check out how this thread had developed since last time I was here.
I really respect the way you carefully explain with perfect honesty your situation, The Seeker. Hats off for that.
And great comments/advice Alana and Anart. I should really begin to look into the Diet and Health section myself soon.
The EE program might see a bit weird/silly on first glance. It did to me. I tried it a couple of days though, and its really relaxing,
and there's definetely a tangible effect from it.

_http://www.wdl.org/en/

This is a digital library containing copies of otherwise hard, if not impossible to find original manuscripts, maps, photographs, and others. The first manuscript I came across was from Galileo, then I found a letter from Christopher Columbus (in Latin, though...) which made me curious to search the site further. On the up side you actually get to read the original, (I think that everything is scanned), depending on the work you may even see annotations and drawings made by the author. The down side of it is that since you are seeing the original everything is written in its own original language.

I had a look around and the library seems to contain a few interesting works, several of which are centuries old. Even though some of them are in Latin, Arabic, and all kinds of different languages you do get a short summary in English, this helps to give the interested reader the opportunity to search for a translation elsewhere.

Here is a description from the World Digital Library (WDL) taken from the site:

_http://www.wdl.org/en/site/ said:
The WDL makes it possible to discover, study, and enjoy cultural treasures from around the world on one site, in a variety of ways. These cultural treasures include, but are not limited to, manuscripts, maps, rare books, musical scores, recordings, films, prints, photographs, and architectural drawings.

Items on the WDL may easily be browsed by place, time, topic, type of item, and contributing institution, or can be located by an open-ended search, in several languages. Special features include interactive geographic clusters, a timeline, advanced image-viewing and interpretive capabilities. Item-level descriptions and interviews with curators about featured items provide additional information.

Navigation tools and content descriptions are provided in Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish. Many more languages are represented in the actual books, manuscripts, maps, photographs, and other primary materials, which are provided in their original languages.

The WDL was developed by a team at the U.S. Library of Congress, with contributions by partner institutions in many countries; the support of the United Nations Education, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO); and the financial support of a number of companies and private foundations.

Awesome thanks for bringing it to my attention Gertrudes, the power of open networking, cooperation and collaboration, is limitless. The format of the site is good considering the information contained.

Now I am going to look for Atlantis in those maps. :lol:

bngenoh said:
Awesome thanks for bringing it to my attention Gertrudes, the power of open networking, cooperation and collaboration, is limitless. The format of the site is good considering the information contained.

Now I am going to look for Atlantis in those maps. :lol:

You're welcome, hope you find what you're looking for ;)

This looks like it could be a very good research resource. I have just begun to poke around in it.

A group of top American libraries and academic institutions launched a new centralized research resource today, the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA), making millions of resources (books, images, audiovisual resources, etc.) available in digital format. First hatched as an idea at Harvard’s Berkman Center for Internet & Society, the DPLA is now realizing its vision of being “an open, distributed network of comprehensive online resources that draws on the nation’s living heritage from libraries, universities, archives, and museums in order to educate, inform, and empower everyone in the current and future generations.”

_http://www.openculture.com/2013/04/the_digital_public_library_of_america_launches_today.html

Here is the site:
http://dp.la/

Thank you, there is a lot of fascinating historical source material there:

from: _http://collections.si.edu/search/results.htm?q=record_ID%3Asaam_1985.66.80&repo=DPLA
Catlin noted that Black Rock, a Western Sioux/Lakota who was highly respected by fur traders, was “a tall and fine looking man, of six feet or more in stature.” His long headdress is made of war-eagles' quills and ermine skins. His stance is regal, with a robe thrown over his shoulders and spear extended. To emphasize Black Rock’s nobility, Catlin borrowed a classical pose that he used frequently for important subjects. (Catlin, Letters and Notes, vol. 1, no. 27, 1841, reprint 1973; Truettner, The Natural Man Observed, 1979)

The great beauty and awe that must have struck the sensitive explorer of the "New World" is captured through the paintings of men like Catlin, and his descriptions of his interactions with the Sioux, Winnebagos, Lakota, and Dahkota. The great energy of the wild human being just glows in the paintings. Beautiful.

How ironic is this?????

Carlyle Group’s Latest Acquisition: the JFK Library (!)

Posted By Russ Baker On June 29, 2014 @ 11:44 am In Corporations,Politics,World | 15 Comments
Not the “Illuminati”! Illuminate

Not the “Illuminati”! Illuminate

Some things you truly cannot make up. Like this: the museum and archives celebrating and exploring the life (if not really wanting to investigate the death) of John F. Kennedy is getting a facelift—courtesy of….the Carlyle Group [1].

This development was noted, without much fanfare, in a variety of major media. If there was a smidgen of irony, I missed it.

Yet, consider this: The ultimate globe-girdling corporation is playing a major role in preserving the memory of a president who at the time of his death was engaged in what may be described as mortal combat with outfits not unlike Carlyle—if smaller and less global. (I write about this in my book Family of Secrets [2] but you can learn a lot more about JFK versus the corporations in Donald Gibson’s Battling Wall Street: The Kennedy Presidency [3].)

Kennedy was locked in grim battle with oil and steel and banking interests, hated by mining giants and soda pop companies, resisting pressures from the burgeoning defense industry, and on and on. The list of the offending and the aggrieved was endless. Executives were taking out ads to excoriate him, and even showing up at the White House to practically spit in his face.

“Those robbing bastards,” JFK told Walter Heller, chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors, when Heller mentioned the oil and gas industry. “I’m going to murder them.”—as cited in Family of Secrets, from audiotape held by John F. Kennedy Library and Museum

Why is the museum getting a facelift? Apparently, it is to “enhance the visual and interactive offerings [4].”

Does none of it have to do with the still-mysterious fire that broke out at the museum [5] complex in Boston at approximately the same time as the bombings of the Boston Marathon? Initial news reports suggested that the fire might somehow be linked to the bombings, an event that led to the precedent-setting lockdown of a major American city in a military-style operation.

As with, well, practically everything about that day, we have since been assured that there was in fact no deeper mystery regarding the museum fire—that its cause was accidental and its timing a coincidence. And of course it may well have been, though I (a past user of the archives’ services) was struck by what seemed like a sheepish lack of openness on the part of library personnel when I made inquiries. Call it a reporter’s instincts.

JFK World vs Carlyle World

JFK, who entered the White House as outgoing president Eisenhower warned about the dangerous growth of a “military-industrial complex,” battled constantly with the same forces that today virtually reign supreme. He was an enthusiast of attempts in the mass media to draw attention to threats to freedom here at home, as seen in such movies as Seven Days in May, about a military coup against the U.S. government, and The Manchurian Candidate, about the subversion of our democratic system through mind control.

Times have certainly changed. The CEO of Carlyle, it should be noted, is a Democrat. He worked for Jimmy Carter. Other figures in the Carlyle orbit over the years have been Republicans—including George H.W. Bush, former Secretary of State James Baker III, and former Defense Secretary Frank Carlucci—and high-profile foreigners, including British Prime Minister John Major and members of the bin Laden family.

Carlyle itself is one of the increasing ranks of strange companies that seem to come out of nowhere and are suddenly everywhere and into everything [6]. (You really must treat yourself to a review of its holdings [7]; even in the constrained precincts of Wikipedia [1], it’s still a wonder to behold—if you just drill down one level, from the military contractors to the pipeline companies, many of which it bought undervalued, reinvigorated with new government funding, and then sold off at great profit.)

As Carlyle puts it on their site:

We are one of the world’s largest and most diversified alternative asset management firms. We manage 120 distinct funds and 133 fund of funds vehicles that invest across four segments, 11 core industries and six continents. Our global size, scale and brand enable us to access opportunities in virtually every market around the world.

Carlyle is the kind of massive, opaque entity that draws its breath and its profits from knowing the right information and having the right connections. As such, it attracts almost no public attention…except when it chooses to do something philanthropic to “enhance” its public image.

We have every right to be amazed that the directors of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum decided they needed money so badly that they would take it from the likes of Carlyle. Even more amazing is that they thought, correctly as it turns out, there would be no criticism of this decision and no consequences.

But really—why be amazed? The world has changed a great deal since John F. Kennedy was precipitously removed from the picture after rousing the ire of the very selfsame kinds of interests that today rule the roost.

Article here: http://whowhatwhy.com/2014/06/29/carlyle-groups-latest-acquisition-the-jfk-library/print/

Back
Top Bottom