Dieta Cetogénica / Material en castellano

msante

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Vengo desde hace algún tiempo dedicándome a ponerme al día con la dieta cetogenética. Estoy aún leyendo el interminable :( hilo http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28799.0.html
Es impresionante la cantidad de información que hay en este hilo. No doy a basto para seguir los links.
Quería saber si alguno de los miembros de habla hispana del foro ha conseguido algo de material serio sobre la dieta cetogenética. Hasta el momento yo sólo he encontrado artículos muy livianos que hacer referencia a la dieta como un medio de perder peso nomás. Estoy ansioso por empezar pero no quiero hacerlo hasta haberme puesto al día con todo lo investigado hasta el momento por el grupo.

I come dedicating some time to catch up with the ketogenic diet. I'm still reading the endless thread http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic, 28799.0.html: (
A tremendous amount of information out there on this thread. I do not give a coarse to follow links.
I wanted to know if any of the Spanish-speaking members of the forum has gotten some serious material on ketogenic diet. So far I've only found very lightweight articles that refer to the diet as a means to lose weight just. I'm anxious to get started but I do not want do it up to know all investigated so far by the group.

Re: Dieta Cetogenética / Material en castellano

msante said:
Vengo desde hace algún tiempo dedicándome a ponerme al día con la dieta cetogenética. Estoy aún leyendo el interminable :( hilo http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,28799.0.html
Es impresionante la cantidad de información que hay en este hilo. No doy a basto para seguir los links.
Quería saber si alguno de los miembros de habla hispana del foro ha conseguido algo de material serio sobre la dieta cetogenética. Hasta el momento yo sólo he encontrado artículos muy livianos que hacer referencia a la dieta como un medio de perder peso nomás. Estoy ansioso por empezar pero no quiero hacerlo hasta haberme puesto al día con todo lo investigado hasta el momento por el grupo.

I come dedicating some time to catch up with the ketogenic diet. I'm still reading the endless thread http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic, 28799.0.html: (
A tremendous amount of information out there on this thread. I do not give a coarse to follow links.
I wanted to know if any of the Spanish-speaking members of the forum has gotten some serious material on ketogenic diet. So far I've only found very lightweight articles that refer to the diet as a means to lose weight just. I'm anxious to get started but I do not want do it up to know all investigated so far by the group.

Es curioso que lo comentes porque me pasa exactamente igual. No sé ni por dónde empezar. Se agradecería mucho disponer de material en castellano. ¿no hay ningún libro, blog o algo parecido sobre el tema?

Is curious that you comment because I get exactly the same. I do not know where to start. They would greatly appreciate material available in Spanish. Is there no book, blog or something about it?

msante said:
Vengo desde hace algún tiempo dedicándome a ponerme al día con la dieta cetogenética....

Fe de erratas: donde dice cetogenética léase cetogénica :-[

La información que buscan se encuentra más fácil si buscan por medio de "cetosis" cuando investiguen sobre el proceso de la cetosis será muy claro lo que la dieta cetogénica trata, ya que simplemente lo que resta es detectar cuales alimentos poseen tal cantidad de carbohidratos, azúcar y gluten, y eliminarlos de nuestra dieta, sin embargo, la Paleodieta viene siendo casi la misma para inducir el proceso de la cetosis en el cuerpo, la diferencia es que en la paleo se permite un poco más de gramos de hidratos de carbono y la cetogénica casi ninguno, pero en el contexto vienen siendo la misma dieta, lo importante es mantener el estado de cetosis en el cuerpo.

irjO said:
La información que buscan se encuentra más fácil si buscan por medio de "cetosis" cuando investiguen sobre el proceso de la cetosis será muy claro lo que la dieta cetogénica trata, ya que simplemente lo que resta es detectar cuales alimentos poseen tal cantidad de carbohidratos, azúcar y gluten, y eliminarlos de nuestra dieta, sin embargo, la Paleodieta viene siendo casi la misma para inducir el proceso de la cetosis en el cuerpo, la diferencia es que en la paleo se permite un poco más de gramos de hidratos de carbono y la cetogénica casi ninguno, pero en el contexto vienen siendo la misma dieta, lo importante es mantener el estado de cetosis en el cuerpo.

irjo, could you please also write your post in English so that others can follow?

irjO said:

Yo tengo acceso a bibliografía técnica que habla sobre el metabolismo de los carbohidratos, el metabolismo de las grasas, cetosis, etc. Mi pregunta apuntaba a los aspectos más prácticos de la dieta en sí. Quizá documentación sobre la proporciones adecuadas de grasas, proteinas y carbohidratos. Quiero entender adecuadamente cómo los ejercicios de resistencia estimulan la cetosis, cuándo deben hacerse, cuánto tiempo, etc. A este tipo de documentación me refería en particular. Yo estoy haciendo la dieta paleo con buenos resultados desde hace 1 año y medio más o menos, pero creo que, de acuerdo a lo leido hasta el momento, estoy algo excedido en proteinas.

I have access to technical literature that talks about the metabolism of carbohydrates, fat metabolism, ketosis, etc.. My question was aimed at the more practical aspects of the diet itself. Perhaps documentation about the proper proportions of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. I don't understand properly how resistance exercises stimulate ketosis, when to do, how long, etc.. This type of documentation I was referring in particular. I'm doing the paleo diet successfully for 1 year and a half or so, but I think, according to the read so far, I am somewhat exceeded proteins.

This is the book that you are looking for:

S. Phinney and J.S. Volek's (The New Atkins for You) in Spanish:

Nueva dieta atkins, la
_http://www.amazon.es/Nueva-dieta-atkins-S-Phinney/dp/8415239408/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1347627623&sr=1-1

Big chunks of that book were quoted in Life Without Bread. It guides you through ketosis and teaches you what is your highest safe limit of carb intake. There are guidelines to stay around 20 grams of carbs. You'll have to use your discernment as they might promote artificial sweeteners or other toxic foods that defeat the purpose of the diet. Still, the book has its value.

It is focused for weight loss, but ignore that and just try to up your intake of fat so you won't lose weight.

anart said:
irjO said:

irjo, could you please also write your post in English so that others can follow?

My bad:

"The information would be more easier to find if looking through "ketosis" when investigating the process of ketosis is more clear what the ketogenic diet is, because the rest is simply detecting which foods have so many carbohydrates, sugar and gluten, and remove them from our diet an also eat fat so you won't loose much weit and the body use it as energy, however, the Paleodiet being almost equal to induce ketosis process in the body, the difference is that the paleo allowed a little more grams of carbohydrate and the ketogenic almost none, but in the context are still the same diet, the important thing is to keep the state of ketosis in the body in a controlled way."

Psyche said:

Nueva dieta atkins, la
_http://www.amazon.es/Nueva-dieta-atkins-S-Phinney/dp/8415239408/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1347627623&sr=1-1

Big chunks of that book were quoted in Life Without Bread. It guides you through ketosis and teaches you what is your highest safe limit of carb intake. There are guidelines to stay around 20 grams of carbs. You'll have to use your discernment as they might promote artificial sweeteners or other toxic foods that defeat the purpose of the diet. Still, the book has its value.

It is focused for weight loss, but ignore that and just try to up your intake of fat so you won't lose weight.

Gracias Psyche! Este parece ser el libro que estaba buscando.

Aprovecho para hacer una pregunta de traducción: en los post de salud suelen mencionar "lard" y "butter". Yo sé que "lard" es la mantequilla de cerdo. Pero cuando hablan de "butter" a secas ¿se refieren a mantequilla de leche o a algún otro producto?

Thanks Psyche! This seems to be the book I was looking for.

Take this opportunity to ask a question of translation: in health posts often mention "lard" and "butter". I know that "lard" is pork butter. But when they talk about "butter" only, refers to milk butter or some other product?

msante said:
Psyche said:

Nueva dieta atkins, la

Gracias Psyche! Este parece ser el libro que estaba buscando.

Aprovecho para hacer una pregunta de traducción: en los post de salud suelen mencionar "lard" y "butter". Yo sé que "lard" es la mantequilla de cerdo. Pero cuando hablan de "butter" a secas ¿se refieren a mantequilla de leche o a algún otro producto?

Thanks Psyche! This seems to be the book I was looking for.

Take this opportunity to ask a question of translation: in health posts often mention "lard" and "butter". I know that "lard" is pork butter. But when they talk about "butter" only, refers to milk butter or some other product?

Under my understanding when they say "Butter" it means "mantequilla". Regular and normal mantequilla, better if it is from ecological source.

msante said:

I know lard as manteca de cerdo and butter as mantequilla. It is from cow's milk. There is from goat's milk too. Best if it is organic as loreta says.

Psyche said:
I know lard as manteca de cerdo and butter as mantequilla. It is from cow's milk. There is from goat's milk too. Best if it is organic as loreta says.

It was as supposed. My question arose because I've tried to avoid dairy products since I started the paleo diet.

Thanks for your answers Loreta and Psyche!

The only dairy product I eat is butter. I would like to try the goat butter, I never saw it anywhere. I love butter, it is delicious. I have found butter from Belgium, excellent. And the Ghee, that I adore.

There are a few articles in Spanish, but you won't find anything as detailed and well researched as what is in the thread, I think. And since you understand English, you'll just have to continue reading! ;)

Just a couple of links that are pretty good IMO:
http://es.sott.net/article/16747-La-cetosis-es-el-estado-fisiologico-optimo-del-ser-humano
http://elfindelanutricionestandar.blogspot.fr/p/cetosis.html
http://davidtopi.com/qu-es-la-ketosis/#.UMeoJ3cu3ww

msante said:
msante said:
Vengo desde hace algún tiempo dedicándome a ponerme al día con la dieta cetogenética....

Fe de erratas: donde dice cetogenética léase cetogénica :-[

The title is fixed now. :)

Back
Top Bottom