dickeatsbush.com

Hi Cyre 2067,

From what I learned from Beau it would like this I believe minus the -: :-
-:<embed type="application/x-mplayer2"pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/MediaPlayer/ "width="450" height="400" src="http://www.dickeatsbush.com/lastnlin.wvx"></embed>:-

Thanks for sharing your opinion on it. I plan on doing a few more video's to Dio as well.

Edit: I also uploaded it to myspace if you prefer their embed code. It did not time out exactly as I had intended but not by very much here and there.

http://www.dickeatsbush.com/windndst.htm Kansas - Dust in the Wind

I wanted to do something different outside the usual political peice. Anything that depicts anything realistic is left to the discretion of the individual viewer. Rated - G

http://www.dickeatsbush.com/whtwdudo.htm Rated R++ In a negative way - Strong Language, some real photo's or depictions of injury. "Please" don't click if your easily offended.

I put together a video a couple weeks ago. It's from 3 diffferent parts of a video game Diablo parts 1, 2 and an expansion. The first video is the initial vanquishing of diablo, which may be difficult to depict from the first series of scenes. At the end of the first game you beat diablo and for some reason "?" try putting the soul stone in yourself and 'contain the demon.' I'd have used a pouch or a pocket myself but it's not relevent.

In the second game "diablo two," which is the focus of the topic I am trying to bring up, the story continues with diablo actually taking over your old character (from the original game). And the 3rd goes on with the Demon Baal trying to obtain the world stone so that he can somehow obtain his wholeness as an incarnate on the world plane or so it seems to me.

Getting to the point, I believe there is a good story about a useful idiot, tool or dupe in the video. This is during the middle sequences of the video. When the old man is telling his story to the Arch Angel Teriel/Tiriel(?).

I did not make the video. I found them just watching some google videos on the subject that no one had put all the video sequences together into a whole as one 1/2 hour long computer generated video/cartoon. The descriptions I used above are to try and fill in some of the missing information that a watcher otherwise might not have obtained and that would have left the video, in my opinon, kind of stagnent.

http://www.dickeatsbush.com/diblomov.htm Diablo (and the useful idiot) the movie

Merry Holi(wood)days

Edit: This short cartoon/video is in no way comparable to the useful idiot story that can be found watching the movie Arlington Road.

Another new video - http://www.dickeatsbush.com/blksnshn.htm black sunshine. Over the last 3 weeks'ish, I believe I've done 3 rap video's this being the third. I didn't post a link to them as they have alot of language and some of them are (opinion) A. Joneser based though I cut him out. Anyhow I hope you'll enjoy this one as it's not overly bloody but (opinion) I think it catches a little humanity. 8)

And then there was this one outside those mentioned that I didn't link here. http://www.dickeatsbush.com/kilndrgn.htm Killing the Dragon Rated-R

naa noo nanoo :)

Bak in Late July '06 I got a request from Laura for a video. It was to the tune of "Pink Floyd's On the Turning Away." I gave it a go, missing out on some of the input and ideas she put forth:

"scenes of protests, civil rights marches, Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, JFK, RFK... and end with a photo of John Lennon with the single word "Imagine" on it."

I'm sorry I failed on quite a few of those suggestions. It may as well have been going in one ear and out the other to some degree. There was alot of data coming in at the time. Lyrics, music, keeping track of images, times, dates outside my usual rigamaroo of the day. I'd love to work closer to someone who has alot of the video already in there mind, but I understand that the SOTT's team, Laura, QFS, QFG etc.. are a busy lot, outside the fact that I'm mostly scared as hell of alot of you.

I guess mostly the fear is that I might not be able to baffle someone with my BS. I 'am' learning and much less fearful and more relaxxed, as well as aware that Alot of my ego is BS and there is much left to learn, accept and grow toward.

Over the first week or two I redid the video 2-3 times. I was never ultra happy with it but thought after the 3rd or 4th re-edit that it was acceptable enough and moved on to several other projects since then.

Recently a person from the SOTT's team wrote me and offered some suggestions. I am honored to have had the opportunity to have made this. After a couple days and 3 new revisions this is how the video has turned out (thus far?); http://www.dickeatsbush.com/ontheturn.htm Pink Floyd - On the Turning Away (windows media player)

If you double click on the images are of the video you will get full screen. You can visit the site if you would prefer a downloadable version. I really hope I didn't jump the gun on this as this may very well not be the final revision.

Edit: I thought I should add to this. What I was referencing with baffling people with my BS is, I've got plenty of BS for baffling. Having someone point out my BS and then struggling with it until I realize they are correct, I fear can be trying the patience of a person. So I guess what I'm saying is is that until I got my BS under better control, see my ego(ism) for what it is, I fear somewhat trying to go out of my way and talk much to the people/groups referenced.

It seems like being recultured, learning a new language. Yeah I make mistakes and I don't imagine I will get to a point where I don't but I can certainly do more on my own and not take up too much of the time of people doing Work. I should carry my weight instead of expecting another to hold my hand the whole Way. hmm.. I guess that also means I should give up my ignorant fear as well.

Hi Steve,

just a problem i encountered while watching, is that i did not always have time to read the captions below the pictures, they go by so fast. I liked the Bush/Hitler thing btw... And some of Laura's ideas sound pretty good actually, though the "imagine" in the end won't be appropriate after watching all those pictures as i see it. Imagine what after all these? The pictures are just punching one hard all over. It's the song that hides the "imagine" i think.

Also, of what i remember from history classes and books, there were more killed under Mao in China than under any other dictator in the history of the world.

And the song... excellent:

No more turning away
From the weak and the weary
No more turning away
From the coldness inside
Just a world that we all must share
Its not enough just to stand and stare
Is it only a dream that therell be
No more turning away?

Hi Irini,

Thanks. I agree and this issue was pointed out to me. If I go more into it and start picking it apart then overall the video is likely to end up changed drastically. I did try and reduce the amount of text by shortening the amount of words in the images but wasn't able to get it perfect. Just to be clear I'm not implying your opinion offered picking it apart. I guess I'm trying to hold on the as much of the initial content from 5-6 revisions ago.

It would be awesome to start from scratch and come up with an ideal tune and images maybe in a group setting. Of the video's I've done, something like 112'ish in about 2 years the following are my current favorites..
http://www.dickeatsbush.com/windndst.htm Kansas - Dust in the Wind
http://www.dickeatsbush.com/blksnshn.htm Me Phi Me - Black Sunshine

I love doing what I'm doing with them. I'd love to get to better more fulfilling projects but I'm impatient and have alot to bare (emotionally). Like not being quick enough to count the rocks I'm "unloading" from my sack of rocks I carry. ;) I really enjoy doing it and I hope you enjoy it too.

Once an internet friend told me. "In some ways if an image is too fast, it can give a bit of replay value to your work, so don't sweat it." I find it true. I hope I'm not making excuses. The original so far has outdone every other one of my video's on "the" My Space. :)

I'm linking this video which I thought would be too vulgar previously. The song is called last call before Armageddon I believe. I also think it is off the album by Paris called Sonic Jihad. http://www.dickeatsbush.com/armagddn.htm This is one of two that I previously thought not to link here.

So you're the dude who made 'On the Turning Away'! Brilliant work Steve. I've long-since known you're fond of making vids, so shoulda guessed you made that one! I watched it; cried; then sent it onwards. A friend emailed me back to say she'd done the same thing! I'd really like to make vids myself now... thanx for the inspiration :)

Neil

Hi Neil,

Well I can tell you how I do it in a few hundred words or less. Sadly if your not using M)gates(S then my words will just sound like alot of mumblery. M)gates(S Windoughs X-tra P-ersonal (referencing them watching) and M-oron E-dition and I think Vista as well (maybe?) have a thing called winblows movie maker. So I get a song that I think I can use to make some expression.

Lets say it is the band Rush (they live up north in Canada where I here they have a thing called democracy) and the song is a farewell to kings. I go to "the Google" and type in Rush a farewell to kings lyrics and get a few hits.. and after trdging through the popups I find a site that has the lyrics to the song:

When they turn the pages of history
When these days have passed long ago
Will they read of us with sadness
For the seeds that we let grow
We turned our gaze
From the castles in the distance
Eyes cast down
On the path of least resistance

Cities full of hatred
Fear and lies
Withered hearts
And cruel tormented eyes
Scheming demons
Dressed in kingly guise
Beating down the multitude
And scoffing at the wise..
<snip>

I use the lyrics to do image searches on yeawhoo and "the Google" (there is an image option on both pages) or a video search. I try to match a picture to a word in the lyrics. I might try to get one or two pictures for each line.

When they turn the pages of history (maybe a book, or a .gif image with pages turning is good)
When these days have passed long ago (an image of a sunset)..

As I save the images to a folder (a farewell to kings for this example) I name them after the lyric, the book or .gif image i would 'save as' history and I do all that until I believe I have enough images, got to get extra's too cause they're not always singing.

Now that I am ready I open winblowsmoviemaker which is a very easy program to work with, though for some people they like flash or other video/slideshow programs. You'll have to look at the program a little to get a feel for it (if you even are on an IBM based puter). It is not a great program and crashes often so I try to save often.

Most of the images I leave alone unless I want to add text on the picture. For that, alot of people use photoshop and other highspeed way cool (expensive programs) but I'm cheep. I edit everything with MSPaint. It's good for cropping pictures or just adding text which is almost all I do to any picture. It's also a really easy program to learn like WMM. Outside of that I'm pretty much at a loss. I'm scared of 975 different button options for shading and multi-level image stuff for making or manipulating pictures. I guess it comes from being from the world of point and click, I also don't want to take three months learning some program here and there when I could be reading something that may come of use now or in the future.

What got me started on all of this was that Pentagon Strike video. After watching it for 3-4 days straight and dealing with the initial impact on my reality (prior military, pledge of allegience, pre-programmed national pride...) I was a little angry. I had just wasted 2-3 years gaming all day (10-12 hours daily) of which 1 1/2 - 2 years after the fact (9-11) was continued waste, and not a stir from my slumber until then.

From there hungry to climb a clock tower I started searching for other people to reach or watch and learn from there work. I found bushflash.com to be just what I was looking for.. at least up until more recently.. I feel I can't get anything posted that references Israel on that site and over and over it has come up in talking to the guy that runs that site. I may or may not excuse his reasons but I do have a great deal of respect for that guy and he makes some awesome and very educational flash video's. I'm more pouring out emotion, so as to avoid climbing a clock tower or something.

From there I decided to to make a video of my own and started off with some video's to express my outrage over realizing the facts (I use fact instead of truth cause I am not just yet in frequency with it, or find it hard to see.. it is a slippery "?" with me still, if that made sense). My first video I tried to use my isp's mail server for and they shut it off after 2-3 days saying I was using 90% of the bandwidth. It was this video and it has VERY STRONG language, though I tried to keep it a little light hearted in parts.. http://www.dickeatsbush.com/daiboosh.htm it takes a second to buffer which is something I knew nothing about (size of saved file). From there I've probably done about 125 video's, though only around 113-115 are on my website.

Of late I've tried to avoid using too strong of lyrics, mostly out of fear of other peoples opinions, or virgin ear syndrome that some suffer from. Obviously some are going to be offended no matter what. That is still a bit of a program that I have to deal with. I know I can't please everyone, but I damn well try as hard as I can and it often ends at the expense of me being displeased with myself. It took me a couple weeks to post a video I did about a month ago http://www.dickeatsbush.com/armagddn.htm but I was afraid that someone might find it innapropriate here. It's a rather old song I believe predating 2004 but it went together very well.

In the end Neil I think anyone could make a video, it would be alot funner to do it with a group. I have considered offering anyone who wants to make one, a place where they can put it. My site last month I think crossed a whole 30 gigs of allowed bandwidth versus the 750 gigs I am allowed. I feel like I am throwing money away. What matters to me though is that if I have helped one person, it was all worthwhile, cause when I sit down and watch TV I only watch the video's I made or some cartoons with my little people. Sorry for the autobiography :)

Now that people know I am S. McFarland I guess I will sign off with my real handle.

This is duck-dodgers in the 7 & 3/4's and a 1/2 century signing off! P E A C E !

Edit: My apologies for a few incomplete thoughts in closing. It should have read something like this:
What matters to me though is that if I have helped one person, it was all worthwhile. When I sit and watch TV..

New Article "staged Antics" http://www.dickeatsbush.com/stageant.htm

New Video (an attempt at something esoteric)

http://www.dickeatsbush.com/btwnweel.htm between the wheels.

The video stream seems a real patience tester. I do not have a clue as to why since the size and everything is about perfect for broadband.

New video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uBdgd5S058 youtube stream Stars by the band Hear `N Aid. This was a band put together by Ronnie James Dio during the 80's when the farmers were running out of money and needed help. There was about 38 different singers and instrument players who took part in the charity event.

I think this will be my last post in bloggers blog. I somehow dinkered up my website or something and I cannot figure out how to solve the issue. I could have been a little more creative with a site name but at the time Cheney Eats George had some appeal for some reason. It may be that sometime under a different title/site name that I'll start linking video's again.

In two years I've had about 1/4 of a million original hits which isn't bad for a spotted white man (freckle joke). I was always trying to find something similar to Pentagon Strike to provide a shock for people and a few people in two years wrote in and said I achieved that with them. Pentagon Strike was the initial shock that has keept me stirred in my slumber. I'm not awake yet, but not entirely asleep (wishful thinking?). :D

Sorry that after next month all of the above links will be entirely useless. I did what I could to be the media. I don't know enough about dreamweaver to fix whatever I broke. I'd offer some more whine but I've been getting enough practice with the recent stolen car scenario.

Salutes!
Steve McFarland

Hi Steve,

Thanks for all the tips on video-making! I'm gonna enlist a buddy who knows what he's doing with comps - and I'll mention Wimblowsmoviemaker to him...

noise said:
Sorry for the autobiography
No worries mate. It's good to share:) Climbing clocktowers is takin' the easy way out, but methinks you know that. Remember whenever you feel it rising within, to keep it 'below the neck'. As regards offending anyone (virgin ear syndrome - LOL), bold is better. If they're offended on the surface, then there wasn't ever gonna be penetration enough to stir their slumber anywayz...

Did you put the Hear N Aid video out there? If so, nice 1! And a big High Five for the SOTT Focus article aswell - that's doing the rounds this side of the pond.

Peace

Neil

Yeah I did the Hear N Aid video. I had wanted to do it for about a year and a 1/2 but it was impossible to get it on CD. Then a few days ago I was on youtube checking out a video a guy sent me. It donned on me to try and find a video I could download. I went to google and found a downloadable quicktime version. I then used a video converter to turn it from quicktime to .wmv (windows media video(?)) from there I got the audio off the video by using movie maker.

From there I was confused about the theme. I tossed around some of the esoteric concepts to go with the music. "We are shadow (sts) we are light (sto)" and other such lyrics just had me wanting to make the video differantly. I did mess up on a couple of images toward the end. I didn't mean to touch on the issue (I'm straddling the fence here) on prolife prochoice, I just simply overlooked the text on the signs when I was getting the images. I really wanted to go esoteric. I had created an image using the glossary boarder wrapped around the cassiopaea, QFS, QFG and Signs-of-the-times logo's. Seems I deleted it :( or i'd post a link. I just thought it would havebeen cool and yet without prejudice. I mean that in terms of existance is what it is and we are STS gearing to move/learn toward being STO. So it was, had I followed that concept, going to be much more esoteric.. based on my own perceptions of what that means.

It's certainly hard. Not being an artist, in terms of making images, its very hard to find the perfect image at times. Sometimes I am looking for an image say in yahoo/images for 'light' and after searching 50 pages with say 50 images on each page, I find something that half way works. Then I go to search for an image of an 'angel' and instantly I find an image that covers the word 'light' a whoooole lot better.

Thanks for your opinion on the article. I had quite a bit of help with it.

And also with you, :)

-Steve M.

Back
Top Bottom