Developing Your Psychic Skills

RGG

Jedi Master
The most recent session reminded me about creating this thread.

Thank you for the session team!
Explanatory note: we had not actually planned a session until next week, but my youngest daughter is very interested in honing her own channeling abilities and suggested a "practice" session. We've had a number of these with her, working mainly on SRT and exploring past life stuff, but at this session, Cs came through immediately.

My psychic skills have been developing at a very rapid rate lately that I sometimes find a bit alarming. I have always been empathic and would sometimes pickup past life events of others but it was very rare and generally I felt pretty normal and counted myself among the non-psychic population. This past September, I healed a split in my psyche that I had created during a childhood trauma and ever since then, it feels like psychic abilities are really coming on line. Just before Christmas I connected with a women because we both witnessed a near-miss car accident (all that happened was the driver forgot to put the car in park and got out of her car as it slowly continued rolling toward a building window- no injuries, and she jumped back in at the last inch) Anyway, I felt this other witness' entire emotional profile overlay mine. I didn't try to do it- it just happened. She must have a character disorder or something because it was like being in an emotional cyclone- WAY out of proportion to what happened. It took 5 hours from the upset of her emotions to where off of me.

I've been getting past-life info on a number of people as well and even picked up a past life event that happened with another forum member during an EE session not too long ago! Not sure of an appropriate way of telling this individual so I've just kept it to myself so far. lately, I've been wondering if I should be practicing in someway too or doing something that makes the transition smoother. All I've come up with is sticking with Pipebreaths- Does anyone have an ideas about this?

Rx said:
I've been getting past-life info on a number of people as well and even picked up a past life event that happened with another forum member during an EE session not too long ago! Not sure of an appropriate way of telling this individual so I've just kept it to myself so far. lately, I've been wondering if I should be practicing in someway too or doing something that makes the transition smoother. All I've come up with is sticking with Pipebreaths- Does anyone have an ideas about this?

How do you know if what you're picking up is actually past life info from other people? Have you shared it with the people you've gotten feelings from or otherwise gotten confirmation that that is what it is?

You seem to be jumping to a lot of conclusions about what you are experiencing. It seems to me that the experience presents itself in a way that is hard to interpret any other way, and I can relate to this. But it means you are excluding possibilities, and when you do that you miss half of the picture, which often results in getting the whole idea wrong.

So, you feel some sort of impression or feel emotions from someone else. My guess is that it's very stimulating. Your mind almost automatically sets to work trying to figure it out, as though you have just had a great idea about how to fix your stove or bike or something. If this seems accurate then I suggest doing pipe breaths and waiting for a while for your body and mind to calm down. If it produces resistance in you to withold the automatic interpretation of the event, then even moreso you should push through the unpleasantness in order to calm down. It is unpleasant, because "it" isn't getting what it wants, which is continual stimulation. You may feel very sad, like the frosted flakes are all gone. Once you start to feel curiosity about the sounds and events happening around you, take stock of everything, make sure your basic responsibilities are in order, and only then begin to think in a deliberately paced way about what happened, if you feel the initial charge has passed on. Assign probabilities to interpretations of the event, based on what factual information is available, but don't make fixed interpretations based on how it felt.

I hope that made sense.

Heimdallr said:
Rx said:

How do you know if what you're picking up is actually past life info from other people? Have you shared it with the people you've gotten feelings from or otherwise gotten confirmation that that is what it is?

Well exactly. The lack of tangible evidence is precisely why I Always try to push these types of experiences out of my reality and have been doing this for years. The only person I tell them to is my sister who also seems to be sensitive this way.

Here are a few of the past lives with as much proof as I can offer:

I woke up one morning seeing a scene of a Native American man crouching on the ground outside of an English Fort being hit on the back of the skull with an axe by someone dressed in English army uniform ( old colonial style red coat ) and killed. I knew this was a past incarnation of my brother-in-law. I also picked up that this Fort was on a peninsula on one of the Great Lakes ( I could see the exact location in my head as if there was a map in front of me) and after when I searched it up on the Internet, there Had been an English Fort built there. I think it's a museum now or something- Can't remember the name as this was awhile ago. Also, in this life, my brother-in law has a huge scar on the back of his skull in the precise location where i saw him hit from a benign brain tumor operation he had in his twenties.

This past life event happened about 1/2 a year ago. I was in the middle of the POTS part of meditating and sat straight up crying " don't let me go!don't let me go!don't let me go!" I was a thirteen year old girl and I'd purposely fallen into the water to get the attention of an uncle who was shouting at me that there had been an alligator spotted in the same water the night before as he was pulling me out. The uncle in that life is a fellow FOTCM member actually. I was truly terrified and in a long full skirted cotton dress which made swimming impossible. We were somewhere like Louisiana where they have those trees that grow in the water with the thick roots that you can see extending down- not sure what they're called. Interestingly, when I was about 11, I had a dream that I was swimming under water past these trees with these kind of roots but I grew up in Canada and had never seen them before in books or on TV before that dream. It wasn't until I was almost 20 that I came across info that these trees actually existed and grew in the water and I immediately made the connection to that dream because it had been so vivid.

That's an example of the kind of evidence I have to go on. I have a science degree and know very well how to evaluate facts and info but at the same time I don't feel like I should be discounting psychic impressions that I get from a different part of my brain (if that's how it even works) because it helps to fill in the bigger picture.

monotonic said:
You seem to be jumping to a lot of conclusions about what you are experiencing. It seems to me that the experience presents itself in a way that is hard to interpret any other way, and I can relate to this. But it means you are excluding possibilities, and when you do that you miss half of the picture, which often results in getting the whole idea wrong.

So, you feel some sort of impression or feel emotions from someone else. My guess is that it's very stimulating. Your mind almost automatically sets to work trying to figure it out, as though you have just had a great idea about how to fix your stove or bike or something. If this seems accurate then I suggest doing pipe breaths and waiting for a while for your body and mind to calm down. If it produces resistance in you to withold the automatic interpretation of the event, then even moreso you should push through the unpleasantness in order to calm down. It is unpleasant, because "it" isn't getting what it wants, which is continual stimulation. You may feel very sad, like the frosted flakes are all gone. Once you start to feel curiosity about the sounds and events happening around you, take stock of everything, make sure your basic responsibilities are in order, and only then begin to think in a deliberately paced way about what happened, if you feel the initial charge has passed on. Assign probabilities to interpretations of the event, based on what factual information is available, but don't make fixed interpretations based on how it felt.

I hope that made sense.

Well I do get emotions and impressions off of the people I'm talking to everyday and have used this info in communicating with others for as long as I can remember and don't feel uncomfortable at all. Seems natural. the past life experiences cannot be described that way. I see those scenes vividly like a movie is playing in my mind and it feels real with all of the emotions that you would get if it was actually happening in real time. As for connecting somehow to that nutty women and what happened there, I think your advice to calm myself down before making any assessments is spot on and kind of what I tried to do at the time. I don't think there is any danger in wanting to keep reliving someone else's emotional response in order to keep stimulating myself in someway because it is NOT a pleasant feeling. I wish I knew exactly how that incident was different than the day to day emotional info I get but I'm kind of a rookie here and I just don't know.

This is why I started this thread; for good advice, a point in the right direction so that I can understand what the heck happened there and to make healthy knowledge based responses in the future. Currently really lacking in the knowledge department but will do some internet searching and post links in this thread if I find anything helpful.

Thank you so far for the responses-I really appreciate the discussion.

I can relate to the kind of experiences you are having, but I don't think I get them as often. In my case they tend to trigger all the Speshulness programs which makes it really hard to think straight.

Hi Rx,
You may want to check out Elizabeth Lloyd Mayer's "Extraordinary Knowing: Science, Skepticism and the Inexplicable Powers of the Human Mind".

It is not a "how to develop psychic skills" book - but it does present a lot of scientific research data collected over the years on ESP phenomena along with the human aspect of dealing with ESP related experiences. The author was a clinical psychologist by training who got interested in ESP research after a dowser located her daughter's stolen harp from thousand miles away over phone conversations. I found the book informative and enjoyable.

I like past life stuff and regression but from my own experience not that many people do. The developing psychic powers angle never really equates I think, what about why the perception is there. If there's no why and no purpose not that that has to intellectualised but lots of people go I want to be a medium and yet being a medium exists in relation to other people (or whatever) so for that communication to take place the ego has to get smaller.

It may be that you have some mediumship abilities, if I was you I would research on some books that involve how to develop your medium skills and this will allow you control, develop and protect yourself. There are different kinds of mediums that are classified under the categories of Mental Mediums and Physical Mediums. It sounds to me that you are clairsentient and clairvoyant::)

I do not know why you would want to cast out such potentially heroic abilities within yourself, just because you can not logically validate something or if its not tangible does not mean that it is wrong and should be condemned, these are unexplored possibilities the unknowns within yourself and it is up to you to learn to discover what they truly are, as they are there for a reason, and if you keep blocking it out you will create blocks within yourself.

Rx said:
I woke up one morning seeing a scene of a Native American man crouching on the ground outside of an English Fort being hit on the back of the skull with an axe by someone dressed in English army uniform ( old colonial style red coat ) and killed. I knew this was a past incarnation of my brother-in-law. I also picked up that this Fort was on a peninsula on one of the Great Lakes ( I could see the exact location in my head as if there was a map in front of me) and after when I searched it up on the Internet, there Had been an English Fort built there. I think it's a museum now or something- Can't remember the name as this was awhile ago. Also, in this life, my brother-in law has a huge scar on the back of his skull in the precise location where i saw him hit from a benign brain tumor operation he had in his twenties.

Hey Rx, I couldn't help but be kind curious by this description. Would the fort have been called, "Fort Wilkins"? in Michigan's, Keweenaw Peninsula? Does that ring a bell from when you searched it online years ago?

The well-known town of Calumet, Michigan, here in the peninsula, was once called, "red jacket," which also I find interesting.

obyvatel said:
Hi Rx,
You may want to check out Elizabeth Lloyd Mayer's "Extraordinary Knowing: Science, Skepticism and the Inexplicable Powers of the Human Mind".

It is not a "how to develop psychic skills" book - but it does present a lot of scientific research data collected over the years on ESP phenomena along with the human aspect of dealing with ESP related experiences. The author was a clinical psychologist by training who got interested in ESP research after a dowser located her daughter's stolen harp from thousand miles away over phone conversations. I found the book informative and enjoyable.

Hi obyvatel,

I have a question for clarification. Aren't dowsing techniques similar to using Ouija or spirit boards? I did use both at one time, but after watching Laura's course on Knowledge and Being decided to never mess with either again. I have a friend who is using dowsing to answer questions about her life from ancestors and I'm a little concerned. Isn't that the same as talking to dead dudes.

Katie Jo said:
Rx said:

Hey Rx, I couldn't help but be kind curious by this description. Would the fort have been called, "Fort Wilkins"? in Michigan's, Keweenaw Peninsula? Does that ring a bell from when you searched it online years ago?

The well-known town of Calumet, Michigan, here in the peninsula, was once called, "red jacket," which also I find interesting.

Hi Katie Jo,

I checked with a map again just to refresh my memory and that is the place! Strange that my brother-in-law is also from Michigan. Because of this thread and your question, I decided to revisit that past life and have had a few further revelations. The person who killed him with the axe was me! :O I remember holding it over and hesitating because I really didn't want to do it but then he screamed at me to do it! When he did that, I had a brief moment of clarity that I had to in order to resolve some kind of Karma that had gone between us in a life previous to that one. After I swung the axe and he died, I carried his body for three days back to his tribe. By this gesture of respect, his tribe knew at once that it was done to resolve Karma and they didn't harm me at all. it seems to me that whatever tribe he belonged to at the time had a very advanced understanding of how things worked in our level of existence.
Interestingly, in this life, we have a wonderful relationship and a true sense of respect and admiration for each other. He always gives me the most sincere hugs when I see him.

celestialvisionz said:
It may be that you have some mediumship abilities, if I was you I would research on some books that involve how to develop your medium skills and this will allow you control, develop and protect yourself. There are different kinds of mediums that are classified under the categories of Mental Mediums and Physical Mediums. It sounds to me that you are clairsentient and clairvoyant::)

I do not know why you would want to cast out such potentially heroic abilities within yourself, just because you can not logically validate something or if its not tangible does not mean that it is wrong and should be condemned, these are unexplored possibilities the unknowns within yourself and it is up to you to learn to discover what they truly are, as they are there for a reason, and if you keep blocking it out you will create blocks within yourself.

A good 25 years of programming by parents and hubby and university that only encouraged scientific thinking is why I made a point of ignoring and suppressing my abilities. I was always ridiculed as a kid growing up about paying attention to my dreams and anything else esoteric so I learned to disregard all that info. Now I have to learn to trust myself and what I'm getting in order to undo all of that. Not easy! Thank goodness for this forum:)

[quote author=Teresa]
Hi obyvatel,

I have a question for clarification. Aren't dowsing techniques similar to using Ouija or spirit boards? I did use both at one time, but after watching Laura's course on Knowledge and Being decided to never mess with either again. I have a friend who is using dowsing to answer questions about her life from ancestors and I'm a little concerned. Isn't that the same as talking to dead dudes.
[/quote]

From what I have read about dowsing from Laura's writings mentioning TC Lethbridge, it did not seem like it has to be about communicating with dead dudes. People may be using it for such purpose though.

Here is one thread which discusses dowsing based methods for spirit releasing.
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,34530.0.html

As to whether it is good or bad - I am not in a position to comment, since I have no practical knowledge of such matters.

obyvatel said:
[quote author=Teresa]
Hi obyvatel,

From what I have read about dowsing from Laura's writings mentioning TC Lethbridge, it did not seem like it has to be about communicating with dead dudes. People may be using it for such purpose though.

Here is one thread which discusses dowsing based methods for spirit releasing.
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,34530.0.html

As to whether it is good or bad - I am not in a position to comment, since I have no practical knowledge of such matters.
[/quote]

Thank you, I'm going to check the link out.

Rx said:
Katie Jo said:
Rx said:

Hi Katie Jo,

I checked with a map again just to refresh my memory and that is the place! Strange that my brother-in-law is also from Michigan. Because of this thread and your question, I decided to revisit that past life and have had a few further revelations. The person who killed him with the axe was me! :O I remember holding it over and hesitating because I really didn't want to do it but then he screamed at me to do it! When he did that, I had a brief moment of clarity that I had to in order to resolve some kind of Karma that had gone between us in a life previous to that one. After I swung the axe and he died, I carried his body for three days back to his tribe. By this gesture of respect, his tribe knew at once that it was done to resolve Karma and they didn't harm me at all. it seems to me that whatever tribe he belonged to at the time had a very advanced understanding of how things worked in our level of existence.
Interestingly, in this life, we have a wonderful relationship and a true sense of respect and admiration for each other. He always gives me the most sincere hugs when I see him.

celestialvisionz said:

A good 25 years of programming by parents and hubby and university that only encouraged scientific thinking is why I made a point of ignoring and suppressing my abilities. I was always ridiculed as a kid growing up about paying attention to my dreams and anything else esoteric so I learned to disregard all that info. Now I have to learn to trust myself and what I'm getting in order to undo all of that. Not easy! Thank goodness for this forum:)

Interesting! Glad to offer a chance to re-remember(?) some of this.

"This past September, I healed a split in my psyche that I had created during a childhood trauma and ever since then, it feels like psychic abilities are really coming on line."

Rx - I had an opposite experience. Since I was very little I always had predictions of the future but great difficulty recalling events from the past. About 15 years ago I made a major breakthrough in putting together the pieces of a fractured past but now I haven't had a prediction in more than 10 years.

ARC

Back
Top Bottom