Developing Your Psychic Skills

ARC said:
Rx - I had an opposite experience. Since I was very little I always had predictions of the future but great difficulty recalling events from the past. About 15 years ago I made a major breakthrough in putting together the pieces of a fractured past but now I haven't had a prediction in more than 10 years.

You're probably better off for that, ARC. :) Healing the past can help you act more consciously in the present. The future, however, is open! Many things can change from the time the prediction is made and when it's supposed to take place.

"You're probably better off for that, ARC. :) Healing the past can help you act more consciously in the present. The future, however, is open! Many things can change from the time the prediction is made and when it's supposed to take place."

I wasn't complaining. Yet I "predict" I may get more predictions if and when I need them.

ARC

Hello all,
I was wondering to open a new thread about the "sylva method", but when I read this thread's subject, why not posting here.
Fact is that I heard quite ofently about this method these last months, people i know who followed it ... and ... yes, i'm a bit skeptic now.

I came again on this subject as I recently watched an old video (tv show) during the 80 of a well known french quebec priest (Mr Jean Paul Regimbal on ITW in 1983) who made a serie of shows/emissions speaking about NWO and illuminatis - and he mentioned the sylva method for mind controlling. I also read a fast quote saying something like if you use this method, you auto-program yourself to be then "programmable" ...

Here's a negative article I found about this method : http://www.skepdic.com/silva.html
It's interresting to read the comments + comments of the author on a big comment made : http://www.skepdic.com/comments/silvacom.html
Also this page discussing about : http://www.healthypages.com/community/threads/silva-method-or-silva-mind-control.6107/
... and probably many others.

I don't want to do such course, but my friend was proposed to follow one, and I read that this is not much indicated for people in low energy mode (not happy or depressed) - so, I would like to know more about. I searched on the forum before posting, some mentioning the method, but no real discussion on it. Maybe open a new thread, but it's a good one here I think. I would be really interrested to know the advise of the people here about this method, is it a big "new age and corrupted method" to avoid or a true good self-training one ?

Thanks

Is the Silva Method part of the human potential movement? I was wary of it when I looked at it.

Wondering if any here have found a correlation of long hair and increased sensitivity?

Yupo said:
Wondering if any here have found a correlation of long hair and increased sensitivity?

I've never had long hair so I cannot say, but this thread talks about the potential psychic and health aspects of long hair.

dredger said:
Hello all,

Hi dredger

dredger said:
I don't want to do such course, but my friend was proposed to follow one, and I read that this is not much indicated for people in low energy mode (not happy or depressed) - so, I would like to know more about. I searched on the forum before posting, some mentioning the method, but no real discussion on it. Maybe open a new thread, but it's a good one here I think. I would be really interrested to know the advise of the people here about this method, is it a big "new age and corrupted method" to avoid or a true good self-training one ?

Thanks

So you're really asking with a friend in mind?

I'm just one person, but my general position on most self-improvement systems is that if a method or system leaves out the "chop wood, carry water" part, then it may not be actual brain re-wiring of a kind that can have permanent benefits that you would approve of.

There's a time for meditation; there's a time for visualization and other sedentary things you can do, but there's also a necessity for making time for physical implementation. Doing research, forming hypotheses, testing them, putting knowledge to work and seeing results in your relationships, using feedback to make corrections...all that sort of thing and more, in wider and wider scopes of your life in an attempt to become the best person you can be, to gain consistency at it and achieve your specific aims.

Also, there's a phenomena called context-based recall that probably ought to be given some thought, too. Whatever you manage to do or improve while your brain is grooving with alpha ways predominately, may only be available while in that state. If you can't take something with you into your everyday situations, how can you effect any useful change via the practice? And if we can take alpha state into all our everyday situations, and alpha is a state of light sleep, are we any better off than the light-sleep-trance-state Gurdjieff says we're already in? Or is that something different? What do you think?

So, there's some things to think about. It seems to be getting harder and harder for me to answer questions like what you ask because I'm really not understanding what the attraction to these 'systems and methods' is all about...except in the most general terms, I guess.

What you said about Silva making people more suggestible and controllable stands out to me as most likely, based on what I've heard about these sort of things over time. I think that even if the teaching itself was benign, that the school would be full of predators who would use it against you. It would probably also be a good way to get uncomfortably close to "black magician" types and all the possibilities for abduction, abuse etc of you and perhaps more importantly your children if you have any.

Buddy said:
So you're really asking with a friend in mind?

Yeah, i prefered to employ the term friend now, but she's my ex girlfriend and she's ... opening.

Buddy said:
I'm just one person, but my general position on most self-improvement systems is that if a method or system leaves out the "chop wood, carry water" part, then it may not be actual brain re-wiring of a kind that can have permanent benefits that you would approve of.

Well, I want to say first that it's difficult for me to traduct english expressions, or maybe because it's more US english than UK. But if I well understood what you mean : that if you don't have a part of "do the lessons, train, practice by yourself" but just a "come one day here and you'll become psychically evolved" then better avoid, then yes, i totally agree.

Buddy said:
There's a time for meditation; there's a time for visualization and other sedentary things you can do, but there's also a necessity for making time for physical implementation. Doing research, forming hypotheses, testing them, putting knowledge to work and seeing results in your relationships, using feedback to make corrections...all that sort of thing and more, in wider and wider scopes of your life in an attempt to become the best person you can be, to gain consistency at it and achieve your specific aims.
Oh yes totally agree - but here you are already out of the scope of my question which could be summarized by : is the sylva method good or bad, in general terms. Is it worth it or to avoid when you start in this domain ? Testimonies or advises from members who did it, or analysed this method would be interresting to read. It's juste because this method is well known here in Belgium, I just want to ensure it's not something ... kinda "corrupted".

Buddy said:
Also, there's a phenomena called context-based recall that probably ought to be given some thought, too. Whatever you manage to do or improve while your brain is grooving with alpha ways predominately, may only be available while in that state. If you can't take something with you into your everyday situations, how can you effect any useful change via the practice? And if we can take alpha state into all our everyday situations, and alpha is a state of light sleep, are we any better off than the light-sleep-trance-state Gurdjieff says we're already in? Or is that something different? What do you think?

So, there's some things to think about. It seems to be getting harder and harder for me to answer questions like what you ask because I'm really not understanding what the attraction to these 'systems and methods' is all about...except in the most general terms, I guess.

Well, it's more about what you says at the end : she's opening about all of this, she's has sensibilities in her hands and tends to help others, she wants to learn and train about the practice, and she searches for courses to start to understand all of this. As i'm not personnally doing meditation and did not get nor have much information on all of this domain, I can't answer her, that's why i came here just after having heard that the sylva method was, as far as I understood, not so good or adapted to anybody as it would seem to be. I'm just trying to get better information here, and it's specifically about the sylva method, and at the same time I'll learn more about it and more about this general domain this thread is about.

FYI, she only learnt english at school and lost almost all, she could not come here and post, except in the french section (she's french teacher), but it would reach a minority of the community, that's why i came here to post in the general forum in english. If a french member of the community get by here and wants to communicate directly with her, she would for sure appreciate.

Thanks for your time

monotonic said:
What you said about Silva making people more suggestible and controllable stands out to me as most likely, based on what I've heard about these sort of things over time. I think that even if the teaching itself was benign, that the school would be full of predators who would use it against you. It would probably also be a good way to get uncomfortably close to "black magician" types and all the possibilities for abduction, abuse etc of you and perhaps more importantly your children if you have any.

Hi monotonic, thanks for this - we'll continue to dig into the subject and I'll come here to post any useful information to add. It makes me think about the explanation by Gurdjieff of the "law of 9", when any good thing always end up doing the contrary of its initial purpose.

dredger said:
- but here you are already out of the scope of my question which could be summarized by : is the sylva method good or bad, in general terms.

The question "is it good or bad?" is about the widest scope of question that can be asked about a subject that pertains to human well-being, so I would have thought anything I said would fit into that scope. But, OK. I do have an opinion because I tried a bit of it years ago, but my feelings are that, for me, self-hypnosis is just silly and a waste of time. Instead of trying to convince myself that my tennis backhand is improved, I could just go out and practice it, learn more about it and have more fun in the process. That's an analogy for all the other possible goals as well. As for psychic abilities, I can do without them or accept them when and if they come.

I'm sure it worked for José Silva in some way(s). After all, he totally changed his life, writing books and starting a business that seems to be doing well and seems to be supporting his family and work associates. It's just not for me.

Concerning the Silva Method, I haven't read the book nor participated to training sessions, an acquaintance told me about it few years ago. It looked very appealing at that time, I still let it aside as I had discovered the Cassiopaean experiment and the call to explore this whole 'universe' was stronger.
Until yesterday when I stumbled upon a youtube add from MindValley (a big self-help platform) introducing the Silva Method, which brought back curiosity about it.
Let's take the opportunity to practice SEEing and detect possible red herrings for a STO candidate, based on what I've learned so far.
So let's dissect it from what's freely available on youtube, from MV vids mainly.

(0°- By developing my perspicacity, I discovered through time that the person who first introduced me to it was actually well into New Age ideology (I'm still greatly thankful for what she brought me at the time we met, acting as an opening to greater things))

1°- Observing the fact that youtube has been censoring contents of truth (as seen during the covid period, for ex.), why would they allow something as revealing as what the Silva method purports - in a 30min intoduction add ?

2°- There's a reference to the Silva Mind Control in The Wave as being mass-distributed and Madison-Avenue-marketed in the 60'. Same question, why would they advertise such a liberating method ?

3°- The idea appears of 'visualizing your goals and seeing coincidences/synchronicities happen', "to move you towards your desired outcome".
Isn't it related to Anticipation, thus constricting the flow of free energy to manifest ? Thus raping the maiden of the right brain hemisphere once again by instructing it what to do ?
The Wave chap. 23:
Desire is anticipation. Anticipation is read by the right brain as in the future, therefore not right now, and the right brain can only create now. When we desire, we have a future object in mind. The right brain only knows now.

- Keeping also in mind that STS forces are said to be able to induce stunning synchronicities in one's life to disorient from the STO path. Primordial is, then, to separate the wheat from the chaff, as synchronicity can also be a manifestation of the 'Universe'.
Q: (L) But there have been so many strange events, so many synchronous events. Is that the good guys helping or the bad guys leading me astray?
A: Neither. It is Nature running its course.

4°- There could also be disinformation in the way it disguises itself as a method of moving on a spiritual path, therefore STO by definition, when actually being STS, the physical path, in the willingness to control to obtain something in return.

Disinformation appears as a slice of truth in a sandwich of lies.

The part of truth that I see is in the use of intuition on one hand - said while in 'Alpha'. But then, intuition relating to the right brain, I refer to the point above.
On the second hand, the use of dreams to solve questions is also proposed, which is valid in a sense even-though we ought to keep what the Cs said about this in mind : [emphasis mine]
Q: (L) What was the source of the dream where this was stated to me quite clearly?
A: Dreams are the best forum for disinformation that exists.
Q: (L) OK. I can see that. But, at the same time they are also one of the best ways to get information from the subconscious and the higher conscious, is this not true?
A: We have mentioned dualities a lot!!

4°- The point of the method is to tap into altered states of consciousness. The term "channeling" even comes out.
The question then appears as to 'what is the source of the channel ?' And isn't unawareness/unconsciousness the moments we are the most vulnerable to manipulation from any source ?
I don't see anything wrong with meditation, channeling, intuition - quite the contrary - what I see might be missing here however is the use of Reason, left brain, in balance.

I opened 6 tabs in order to watch other videos to gather elements. The above is actually only from my memories from yesterday's add and this 7min vid (and I stopped at 5' to be honest
).

I think I've had enough, Imma stop here. I have The Wave to finish and so much more to deepen (Gurdjieff, Mouravieff, Fulcanelli...)

5°- From the beginning and before Cassiopaea, I had a disturbing feeling concerning MindValley. It was the observation that if you can't afford to pay for their offer, then you can't access the domain of Self-knowledge.
For something I visualized as being one of our most fundamental rights - if not a duty - available to all inside of us, I saw a problem in this.

On the side, I find their communication very professional, modern, with a marketing of a high level, great stuff. This can also be a clue sometimes (unfortunately), when the appearance is put forward in a manner as to be so attractive.
It is seduction, exactly in the same as between human in fact...

Back
Top Bottom