Deuterium-depleted water (DDW) health benefits?

luc

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
In her book "Plague of Corruption", Judy Mikovits mentions an interesting treatment, namely drinking deuterium-depleted water. It's basically water where the Deuterium content is reduced from around 160ppm (normal water) to lower concentrations, such as 25ppm. The lower the better, apparently. It is available on Amazon (though quite expensive since it's apparently not easy to manufacture).

Here is the relevant excerpt from Mikovits, pretty fascinating:

Among the first approaches we might try for any patient we suspect to be suffering from acquired immune dysfunction associated with retroviruses is something called deuterium-depleted water. I am indebted to Dr. Petra Dorfsman, who introduced me to this information, as she has been a pioneer in its use in the United States and supports my health with this amazingly simple solution.

I never thought we’d start with something as simple as water. Everybody knows that the chemical formula for water is two hydrogens and an oxygen (H2O). The claim is that deuterium, an isotope of hydrogen (D2O), is clogging up our mitochondria, lowering its output. Our cells then become loaded with deuterium. Petra really got our attention when she told us that deuterium acts as a growth and transforming factor in all microbes, including retroviruses and the cells in which these microbes live. Importantly, deuterium is a cancer-causing oncoisotype in any mammalian cell with mitochondria. Now, remember, we started in science as cancer researchers, so when we investigated deuterium-depleted water, we discovered our interest piqued when we found it was being used in medical settings as an accompaniment to traditional chemotherapy.

The main medical expert putting forth this theory is Dr. Laszlo Boros of Hungary, and this is from the abstract of a 2015 study that Dr. Boros conducted in combination with the University of California, Los Angeles, University of Arizona, and Johns Hopkins University:

The naturally occurring isotope of hydrogen, deuterium, could have an important biological role. Deuterium depleted water delays tumor progression in mice, dogs, cats, and humans . . . A model is proposed that emphasizes the terminal complex of mitochondrial electron transport chain reducing molecular oxygen to deuterium depleted water (DDW); this affects glucogenesis as well as fatty acid oxidation . . . DDW is proposed her to link cancer prevention and treatment using natural ketogenic diets, low deuterium drinking water, as well as DDW production as the mitochondrial downstream mechanism of targeted anti-cancer drugs such as Avastin and Glivec. The role of deuterium in biology is a potential missing link to the elusive cancer puzzle seemingly correlated with cancer epidemiology in western populations as a result of excessive deuterium loading from processed carbohydrate intake in place of natural fat consumption.3

If there’s one thing that’s characterized my career, it’s being open to new ideas and seeing how they may fit with what we already know, or think we know. I was taught by Frank to integrate new information so we might come to a better understanding of the problem. I’d like to think this type of collaborative thinking in science is widespread, but it’s not. I can’t tell you how often I’ve seen a new piece of information presented, real breakthroughs, then watched how a leading scientist who has even a moderately different approach won’t even consider it. In my opinion, there’s no place for ego in science.

When Petra told me that deuterium acts as a growth factor for microbes including retroviruses, it was like lightning in my brain. If we used that as a working assumption, so many pieces of the puzzle would fall into place. Yes, the use of animal tissue for vaccines and other medical products was certainly a piece of the puzzle, but then when you add this deuterium-rich water that affects the working of the mitochondria, a number of other interesting paths open up. I number myself one of those people who believes that cancer is always in us at some level, but it’s the proper functioning of our immune system that keeps it at bay.

What are some other lines of evidence to suggest deuterium-depleted water might be a useful weapon in our arsenal to promote health? We already know that the eating of too much processed food is linked to poor health. Petra and others believe processed food is likely to contain high amounts of deuterium-heavy water. Sources of deuterium-depleted water are likely to be fresh food, especially healthy fats. That’s one of the reasons that many people with epilepsy have found success with the so-called ketogenic diet. The ketogenic diet forces the body to take energy from healthy fats. These healthy fats are rich with deuterium-depleted water. That also may be why many find benefits from fasting because it forces our body to burn our fat stores. This causes the release of deuterium-depleted water from within our own fat cells, fueling healthy mitochondria.

This likely explains the health benefits people get from healthy fats. They have the right kind of water in them. And it turns on its head the whole campaign for low-fat foods. We didn’t evolve by eating low-fat meals. We are putting unnatural foods into our body in the belief that the type of things we’ve eaten for millions of years are harming us. It’s madness. The other day I saw my husband, David, about to pour some low-fat half and half into his coffee. I grabbed it and tossed it down the drain, saying, “What do you think you’re doing?” The poor guy was so surprised. I said, “Look at the first ingredient: high fructose corn syrup. Honey-bear, please eat the full-fat foods. They taste better and they’re healthier for you.”

I can also add a personal testimony to this story. Prior to my investigation of XMRV, I was tested for exposure to HIV semiannually as I worked with it in the lab. In the XMRV investigation I was a negative control, as were other lab workers. Suddenly in 2011, Frank called me with the news that patient #2623 was testing positive for XMRV with serology and protein assays. Patient #2623 is not a patient; it was me! I had done all my work under Bio-Safety Level 2+ conditions. We wear double gloves, autoclave all trash, and bleach everything. If I had become infected with XMRV, there was only one possible way I had contracted it. The virus was aerosolized, meaning it could float through the air. Now, like Madame Curie, who studied radiation and eventually died from radiation poisoning, I have become a victim of the monster I sought to study.

Those with ME/CFS often complain of foggy thinking, multiple sclerosis-like inability to walk or talk, and I have suffered such bouts as well, especially after long plane flights, which have been shown to create oxidative stress. Yes, I now suffer many of the same problems of the patients I study. The answer to the question of how to treat these conditions is no longer academic to me.

It is personal.

Petra suggested I try the deuterium-depleted water, and I said that sounded great. I’m always willing to try something new if it’s safe, and what could be safer than drinking water? For me, the results were remarkable. I was my old self. I literally have the cognitive function I used to have before the last decade of working with the most transmissible of human disease-associated retrovirus families, the XMRVs. If I were to look at my mitochondria, I imagine I’d see them generating the right amount of energy, rather than the danger signals they would when they are under stress.

I think there’s also another possible benefit to deuterium-depleted water, and I want to make sure I explain it correctly. If we have the water molecule with the correct isotope of hydrogen, the molecule will actually look different. This correct shape of water means it will be more easily able to penetrate the cells and hydrate them. The mitochondria will then switch from sending out danger signals to providing the energy needed by the cells to do their job of recovery and repair. If the power plant of the body is running efficiently, all the other organs of the body can do their work knowing they have sufficient energy. If there isn’t enough energy, the organs of the body, like the foreman of a production facility, must figure out shortcuts to keep things running. Maybe some parts of the plant will need to be shut down in the hope that not too much damage will take place until the power is restored. Deuterium-depleted water can be found online at sites like Amazon.

This may sound heretical if you’ve only studied the old-time theories of genes and how they work. But we’ve discovered there’s a literal symphony between our environment and our genes.

The official name of this branch of science is “Epigenetics.”

Simply put, it means that your environment affects the functioning of your genes. DNA methylation is a primary epigenetic way to turn on and off genes. But it is only one of many. If you’re living in a polluted environment, some genes will switch on and others will switch off. The same has also been found happening when people are under high amounts of stress. Certain genes will turn on and others will turn off.

It’s for these reasons, among others, that I fear what may come from genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in our food supply. We literally have no idea what these GMOs may do to our interior environment and which genes may inadvertently be turned on or off. I’m a big believer in science studying natural processes, then trying to follow that as much as possible.

There is an article trying to debunk the whole thing, but oddly enough does an amazingly poor job at it so that it looks very promising instead:

Here's an excerpt that lists some benefits beyond cancer treatment:

1) Radioprotection
Deuterium-depleted water (DDW) was able to protect mice from the damaging effects of radiation and increase their chance of survival [22].

Another study on mice confirmed this effect, especially in combination with polyphenols [23].

In cell experiments, deuterium-depleted water strengthened and repaired DNA, protecting it against radiation-induced damage [24].

Theoretical anticancer and radioprotective effects of deuterium-depleted water may improve cancer treatment response but also enable future space travel.

Any astronauts venturing to Mars would be exposed to extreme levels of radiation in the flight, and high deuterium levels on the planet. Some scientists think that ensuring a deuterium-depleted water supply may play a crucial role in protecting the crews from cancer in future space missions to Mars [25, 26].

2) Liver Protection and Detox
Animal studies hint the ability of deuterium-depleted water (DDW) to protect and stimulate the liver. In animals, scientists researched the potential of DDW to [27, 28, 9, 29]:

• Repair oxidative damage in the liver
  • Boost the production of protective compounds, such as glutathione
  • Decrease the levels of inflammatory molecules (COX-2, PGE2)
  • Prevent liver infection and injury
  • Boost detox pathways
3) Mood & Memory
In a study on mice, deuterium-depleted water (DDW) reduced signs of depression and stress. Interestingly, it stimulated the brain’s memory center and increased wakefulness. These effects were similar to SSRI (antidepressant) drugs [30].

In rats, drinking deuterium-depleted water enhanced long-term memory, but it didn’t impact short-term memory and movement [3].

4) Diabetes and Heart Disease
In healthy rats, researchers tested the ability of DDW to [31]:

• Cut the levels of cholesterol and blood lipids
  • Improved insulin secretion
  • Protected the heart
In rats with high blood pressure, however, it only slightly increased insulin production. More research is needed to clarify these effects.

While looking for it here on the forum, I found an interesting old reference in another context, possibly related to atmospheric changes:

Yes, thanks Windmill Knight, that's an even clearer quote! Sounds like things will be getting veeery interesting indeed.

I am also wondering about the measurements of neutron detectors, and if anything like the previously reported events (linked below) may have been or will be occurring in relationship to the new blastwave strike from the Leo region Nova:

After this event last year, I published on the likely relationship between atmospheric plasma phenomena and neutron emission being related to nuclear transmutation of deuterium into protium atoms, in which the extra neutron which makes the heavy hydrogen is ejected. This would account for the neutron emission of lightening as well as the effect of the pulsed neutron emission of our entire atmosphere during intense solar flares.

If this IS the case, then our atmosphere is being electrically cleansed by all the plasma formation, and the levels of deuterium in atmospheric water sources is being dramatically lowered by Supernova blastwaves.

Removal of deuterium from the atmosphere may lower the rate of cellular aging, as demonstrated in lab experiments:

_Resonance in Deuterium-Depleted Water

I think this is on the right track, but the neutron measurements will be solid evidence.

Has anyone looked into this issue or even tried out drinking DDW water? What do you think?

Last edited:
I haven't looked into it much myself, but I do know that Dr. Jack Kruse has been talking about DDW for awhile. Phil Escott has also, and there's been quite a bit of chatter about it in the carnivore group he runs on FB. They theorize that the carnivore diet is naturally very low in deuterium which may be one of the reasons people find health benefits on the diet.

It definitely is an interesting topic. I have not used deuterium depleted water, but have researched it a bit. As dugdeep mentioned, Kruse and Escott have good info on the issue. Also, Graeme Norbury is able to distill the complexity of the matter to a layman level.

Fat, protein and carbohydrates are broken down all the way to just electrons and (hydrogen) protons for the mitochondria to create energy for the body, in the form of ATP.
The electron chain transport in mitochondria move electrons and (hydrogen) protons forward, at the same time, at opposite parts of the mitochondrion, the end result being production of ATP and water. The trick here is, that the mitochondria can fit a proton through its "nanotube" no problem, but the bigger deuterium will break the "last stop" of the chain, stopping the mitochondria from producing ATP.

The cell/mitochondria can handle a certain amount of deuterium, about 110-130 ppm, by preventing the deuterium from getting to the inner parts of mitochondria. But if the amount goes beyond that, mitochondria start to break down as the deuterium gets to "clog" the nanotube, and the cells won't be able to produce so much energy, leading to all kinds of trouble down the line.

Deuterium is "pro-growth" and accumulates in the water inside vegetables (150-160ppm) and especially fruits and seeds, but animal products have less (120-130ppm), an amount that is handleable for the human body.

If the deuterium influx is too high for too long, the amount of mitochondria starts to fall inside cells (certain cell types can have thousands of mitochondria, e.g. brain & heart). Thus the cell starts to lose its "power", resulting in unability to keep deuterium out of mitochondria, which causes more mitochondria to die off, resulting in a vicious circle.

This can lead to such a deuterium accumulation, that the cells end up with ever smaller amount of mitochondria and have less energy to such an extent, that the body is forced to develop cancer tumour(s) to produce more total mitochondria in the uncontrollably multiplying cancer cells (this process is to keep the body alive).

They say, that most of the illnesses are due to mitochondrial dysfunction (some experts say more than 85%), so it would pay to up the animal based foods and limit veggies, fruits and grains, or cease them at least temporarily, and focus to improve the function of one's mitochondria, especially if already ill (by getting more sunlight, optimising circadian rhytms, being outside, having good restful sleep, cold thermogenesis, using certain devices: near-IR & PEMF, intermittent and long term fasting etc.)

Curious thing is, that the water which is produced in the mitochondria alongside ATP, is naturally low in deuterium. So once you get the system "up and running", and produce your own low deuterium water, you start to lower the overall level of intra cellular deuterium to manageable levels, and begin to heal.
In my understanding, this is why animal meats are low in deuterium: they keep their deuterium levels in check in the above manner.

----------

A peculiar point: If you eat a banana, and live near the equator, there is plenty of sunshine (red & near-IR) and UV radiation present, affecting your cells/ mitochondria in such a way that they are better able to clear and handle the deuterium. Whereas if you live in scandinavia during winter, and you are pounding down on bananas and fruits all day long, weeks on end, you are accumulating deuterium like crazy and there will likely be eventual health problems.
And by the way, it might sound nuts, but apparently you could get a third or more of your energy requirements from sunlight (near equator all year round, in northern regions during the summertime). After all, the food you ingest ends up in the mitochondria, where ATP is produced for body's energy requirements, but the sunlight, on its own, boosts the functioning of mitochondria resulting in production of more ATP!

I found an interesting summary about deuterium on this French site (there may be some inaccuracies but on the whole it seems fairly right):

Here a translation of the main points:

Deuterium was first discovered in 1931 by Harold C. Urey and his associates. The other name for deuterium is "heavy hydrogen".

Deuterium has an extra neutron and twice the atomic mass of ordinary hydrogen. Normal or "light" hydrogen has one proton and one electron.
Wherever hydrogen enters a chemical formula, deuterium can also be used as a substitute.

And when two deuteriums combine with oxygen, the resulting substance is referred to as “heavy” water, 2H2O, because of the additional mass. Although heavy water tastes and looks the same as ordinary water, it doesn't behave the same: it has a higher boiling point, a lower freezing point, and ice cubes made with heavy water will sink in ordinary water.
These differences demonstrate that the presence of Deuterium can change chemical behavior.

Deuterium exists naturally in your body. It is involved in growth, energy storage and metabolism.

The main concern about deuterium is not its existence or presence, but rather its accumulation. When deuterium builds up in your body, it changes chemical reactions at a cellular level and has devastating effects on your metabolism. Deuterium buildup can affect your ability to create and use energy, limit your DNA's ability to replicate, change how you respond to clinical treatments, and generally change, on a fundamental level, how your body works and, as a result, who you are

Here's why your body's deuterium levels are probably too high (above 130 ppm):
  • Deuterium levels in the water we drink and breathe have been rising for about 11,700 years...
  • Consuming carbohydrates and processed foods raises the deuterium in our bodies.
  • When we don't get enough sleep, exercising or breathing poorly, we accumulate deuterium.
Deuterium can have adverse effects on the body in four different ways:
  1. Creating unhealthy growth
  2. Modification of three-dimensional structures
  3. Slowing down chemical reactions (kinetic isotope effect)
  4. Mitochondrial damage and rupture of ATP nanomotors
1. Deuterium and Growth
Plants, children and young animals use deuterium for healthy natural growth. But the question you should be concerned about is how deuterium can create unhealthy growth.

In adulthood, high levels of deuterium also promote body growth. "Outward" growth is obesity, and growth in the wrong places in the body is cancerous growth.

2. Three-dimensional structures
When you accumulate a lot of deuterium in your body, your cells will start using deuterium instead of ordinary hydrogen. Remember that deuterium can easily pass wherever normal hydrogen passes, in a chemical formula or reaction.
Unfortunately, this is how deuterium changes the 3D shape and function of molecules in the body.

Here are some examples of 3D biomolecules that will not function properly when "deuterated":
  • Cholesterol
  • Hormones
  • Neurotransmitters
  • Cellular receivers
Yes, all these molecules play a crucial role in the body. This is another reason why deuterium accumulation factors are present in many serious medical conditions that do not appear to be related, but actually have a basic cause in common.

3. Kinetic isotopic effect

Your body uses ordinary hydrogen (a proton, an electron) in many chemical reactions. When your body substitutes deuterium for hydrogen, these reactions are slowed due to the Kinetic Isotopic Effect (KIE).

Because of KIE, many normal reactions involving carbon and hydrogen will be slowed 6 to 10 times in the body when deuterium levels are high.
Here are some examples of what can happen:
  1. Enzymatic reactions are slowed down
  2. The release and reuptake of neurotransmitters is slowed down.
  3. Cell division and repair are slowed down
  4. Liver metabolism is slowed down
Good timing at the molecular level is essential for your health. Slowing reactions is a recipe for disaster.

The kinetic isotopic effect also causes a quantum tunnel, putting deuterium in more places where it shouldn't be.

4. Mitochondrial Health
Deuterium also has an impact on energy production.

Our bodies contain billions of mitochondria. To produce energy and allow your cells to function properly, tiny motors inside your mitochondria must rotate between 6,000 and 9,000 rpm.
ATP synthase nanomotors use electrons to attract protons (hydrogen ions) and then create adenosine triphosphate (ATP, an energy storage molecule), carbon dioxide and metabolic water.

When deuterium enters the mitochondria instead of hydrogen, the heavy hydrogen can literally shatter your nanomotors. Broken nanomotors mean less energy production and big problems.

Deuterium Depletion and Health
Deuterium depletion means actively reducing your deuterium levels by changing your diet, lifestyle and the type of water you drink.

There are several ways to reduce deuterium to improve health and well-being:
  1. Fasting and dry fasting...The ketogenic diet, the seasonal ketogenic diet, and low-carbohydrate, high-fat diets contain less deuterium.
  2. Quality sleep in the dark reduces deuterium
  3. Sunlight, exposure to cold, breathing and exercise help reduce deuterium.
  4. Drinking deuterium depleted water (DDW) decreases deuterium

1. Fasting, Dry Fasting, Keto, LCHF
You are probably already familiar with fasting and all the health benefits associated with it. You may not be aware that fasting works in part because of deuterium depletion. When you don't consume food, your body goes into fat-consuming mode.

No food means no deuterium from carbohydrates, and fat burning means deuterium depletion.

The reason fat burning depletes deuterium is that for every kilogram of fat we burn, our body creates 1.1 kg of metabolic water (using the hydrogen from fat, plus oxygen).

Metabolic water is created inside our cells and is naturally depleted in deuterium.

Dry fasting is also a very effective way to deplete deuterium, but it is not suitable for beginners. A dry fast is a fast without food, water or liquid. When you dry fast, your body produces metabolic water for hydration. If you dry quickly without sufficient experience or for too long, you will be dehydrated.

A ketogenic diet or a low carbohydrate, low-fat diet is a simple and safe way to deplete deuterium without necessarily fasting. As you reduce your carbohydrate intake and adapt to using fat as fuel, your deuterium levels will decrease.

2. & 3. Sleep, sunlight, seasons, cold, oxygen and exercise
Sleeping soundly in a dark room helps you deplete the deuterium. If you don't sleep well, your deuterium level is probably high because you don't use up enough deuterium at night.

Sunlight also helps our body to remove deuterium. The more sunlight you are exposed to, the easier it is to deplete deuterium.
This is one of the reasons why sunlight reduces all-cause mortality, including programmed cancer deaths and even melanoma.
It is also why you may want to adopt a seasonal diet and eat locally.

Photosynthesis by plants at times and places where UV rays are high tends to create more deuterium in food (carbohydrates), but our bodies can also eliminate it more easily when we get a lot of sunlight.
If you eat out of season, such as bananas in Massachusetts in January, you will increase your body's deuterium levels.

Exposure to the cold is another great way to deplete deuterium, especially if you get less sun. Cold thermogenesis increases mitochondrial activity through the weakly coupled pathway, activates brown adipose tissue and releases fat stores.

Exercise contributes to deuterium depletion as it increases your metabolic rate, fat burning and breathing.

Good breathing - tissue oxygenation - is necessary to deplete deuterium, as aerobic pathways require a lot of oxygen to function.

To increase deuterium depletion, improve your sleep, expose yourself to the sun and cold, exercise regularly and breathe deeply.
These practices are probably not enough to lower high deuterium levels (over 130 ppm), but they will improve your results.

If you have low levels of deuterium (less than 130 ppm), you can stay low by improving the mechanisms of exhaustion.

Here a video with Dr. Que Collins and Dr. Laszlo Boros, who are leading experts working to educate people on deuterium through the Center for Deuterium Depletion. It's quite long and haven't had the time yet to watch it through, but it seems very informative.

So that was three and a half hours long. I watched it in segments throughout the day. As someone mentioned, Phil Escott has mentioned deuterium quite a lot and I never knew what he was talking about. But I see now why he was so worked up about it. These guys were so knowledgeable about so many things and understanding how deuterium plays into just about every facet of health is necessary I think to filling out a more complete picture on health. I hope others can find the time to watch it, and yes it's pack with interesting information through to the end. So I'm going to take the liberty of alerting a few people who I think would want to see this if they can find the time of course. @Séamas @Gaby @Keyhole @Deckard @Keit I'm including the vets because they did a study where they treated dogs with cancer with some very interesting results.

I'm including the vets because they did a study where they treated dogs with cancer with some very interesting results.

Thank you for that. I'll definitely take a look at the video. Indeed, deuterium depleted water has been used by vets, but primarily on farm animals.

Interestingly enough, when I searched about it online, I stumbled upon this press release in relation to coronavirus:

Since December 2019, the world is facing the new coronavirus challenge, and measures have been taken against the outbreak. The continuously increasing number of prevalence of coronavirus infected patients and the death cases clearly show, that there is no therapy against coronaviruses yet. Considering all available data on the effect of deuterium depletion on cell function and metabolism, and over 20 years’ experience with Vetera-DDW-25 deuterium-depleted veterinary medicinal anti-cancer product, which showed anti-viral effect of deuterium depletion in pets, HYD LLC for Cancer Research and Drug Development plans to start pre-clinical and clinical studies to reveal the potential of deuterium depletion in viral infections.

Sounds interesting, thanks for the heads up! I'll put it on my list for this weekend.

Just a quick tip for anyone short on time (probably most of us!), You can change the playback speed of YouTube videos by clicking on the little gear icon. You can speed it up a little bit, 1.25x or a lot, up to 2x, so a 3 hour video will only take an hour and a half to get through. It to me a while to with up to 2x but it saves me a lot of time.

You can speed it up a little bit, 1.25x or a lot, up to 2x, so a 3 hour video will only take an hour and a half to get through. It to me a while to with up to 2x but it saves me a lot of time.

I do that a lot. If you need it to go faster, say in the case the person speaks slow enough where 2.5 or 3x speed would be better, best to download the video. On Firefox I'm using the extension "Easy youtube video downloader express". I've also used the application 4K Video Downloader. If you have VLC media player (and I'm sure other media players), you can press the brackets [ ] to speed up and slow down the video.

I do that a lot. If you need it to go faster, say in the case the person speaks slow enough where 2.5 or 3x speed would be better, best to download the video. On Firefox I'm using the extension "Easy youtube video downloader express". I've also used the application 4K Video Downloader. If you have VLC media player (and I'm sure other media players), you can press the brackets [ ] to speed up and slow down the video.
Thanks Séamas and 3DStundent for these suggestions even if I will be able, for the moment, to apply them only to French and Italian videos, as for the English speaking ones I still have difficulties to follow them at normal speed;-)

So that was three and a half hours long. I watched it in segments throughout the day. As someone mentioned, Phil Escott has mentioned deuterium quite a lot and I never knew what he was talking about. But I see now why he was so worked up about it. These guys were so knowledgeable about so many things and understanding how deuterium plays into just about every facet of health is necessary I think to filling out a more complete picture on health. I hope others can find the time to watch it, and yes it's pack with interesting information through to the end. So I'm going to take the liberty of alerting a few people who I think would want to see this if they can find the time of course. @Séamas @Gaby @Keyhole @Deckard @Keit I'm including the vets because they did a study where they treated dogs with cancer with some very interesting results.
I know of many who tried this, some who had/have ongoing cancers which it did not address.

It was very popular approximately three years ago, with many in the "biohacker" communities and Jack Kruse fans jumping on it. Unfortunately, it seems as though the benefits were slightly "hyped up" and the topic is slightly more nuanced than the proponents claim. I am personally not convinced it the panacea it is made out to be, although it seems as though it is definitely a useful tool to add to the toolbox for those with serious illnesses, including cancer!

added: With the above said, I am certainly no expert, am not trying to discount the potential benefits, and am totally open to being wrong about it!

I watched roughly the first half hour of the video over the weekend, basically just the intro. I'm not sure when I'll have time to get back to it, just wanted to share my initial thoughts before too much time goes by.
  • From what I've heard so far the basic science (biochemistry) makes sense to me as to why this could be problematic. In my understanding it is similar to the reason why bromide, fluoride and chlorine can cause problems in the body when the body uses them as a substitute for iodine.
  • On the other hand correlation does not equal causation. At least from what I've seen so far they are talking about how people with serious illness have high deuterium levels, which is interesting, but that doesn't mean that the high deuterium levels are causing the problem. In other words it may be a physiological sign of mitochondrial dysfunction and not a cause in and of itself.
  • To echo @Keyhole's post, I am always cautious when people start talking about a remedy like this as a panacea or the "key to health" that will fix everyone's health problems. These guys definitely seem to have that flavor, at least from what I've seen so far.

They definitely see everything through the deuterium 'lens.' No doubt about that. However, I think it's another angle with which to view health that has merit if what they say is true in terms of the research they've done. The reason it kind of rings true for me is because what they say about the keto diet being a natural deuterium depleting diet could explain the physiological effects of being keto for about a week or so after not being keto. It's like my whole body emerges from a semi suppressed state to being suddenly more functional, centered, better endurance, quicker recovery. Pretty much everything they talk about occurring with deuterium depletion. Also, 'The Magic Pill' comes to mind which was a documentary on Netflix where they put some Aborigines? on a similar diet and after two weeks one of the women gives an interesting description which I can't remember exactly, but something along the lines of feeling alive again in harmony with her surroundings.

But I'm no expert which is why I wanted y'all to have a looksee

They definitely see everything through the deuterium 'lens.'
Yes, it reminds me of a comment of the Cs regarding some mistakes of the Electric Universe guys: "too much electricity, too little astronomy". They were just taking their theory too far and trying to explain everything with it. And that seems to be what these guys in the video are doing.

At the same time, there's probably a true core to this. They're just exaggerating it. Plus I highly doubt Mikovits would test something, attest to the effectiveness, and be wrong. And it makes a lot of sense, and the connection to keto is pretty interesting.

Seems like with keto and daily Wim Hof method, I should be fine in this regard.

What was intriguing was how Laszlo said he barely drinks at all. That the body makes quite a lot of its own water. And if I got it right, drinking a lot actually decreases your body's natural production, which is presumably not so good. So it would be interesting to know more about that.

The Wiki mentions: Heavy water - Wikipedia
Different isotopes of chemical elements have slightly different chemical behaviors, but for most elements the differences are far too small to have a biological effect. In the case of hydrogen, larger differences in chemical properties among protium (light hydrogen), deuterium, and tritium occur, because chemical bond energy depends on the reduced mass of the nucleus–electron system; this is altered in heavy-hydrogen compounds (hydrogen-deuterium oxide is the most common species) more than for heavy-isotope substitution involving other chemical elements. The isotope effects are especially relevant in biological systems, which are very sensitive to even the smaller changes, due to isotopically-influenced properties of water when it acts as a solvent.

Heavy water is the only known chemical substance that affects the period of circadian oscillations, consistently increasing the length of each cycle. The effect has been demonstrated in unicellular organisms, green plants, isopods, insects, birds, mice, and hamsters. The mechanism is unknown.[23]

To perform their tasks, enzymes rely on their finely-tuned networks of hydrogen bonds, both in the active center with their substrates, and outside the active center, to stabilize their tertiary structures. As a hydrogen bond with deuterium is slightly stronger[24] than one involving ordinary hydrogen, in a highly deuterated environment, some normal reactions in cells are disrupted.

Particularly hard-hit by heavy water are the delicate assemblies of mitotic spindle formations necessary for cell division in eukaryotes.
Plants stop growing and seeds do not germinate when given only heavy water, because heavy water stops eukaryotic cell division.[25][26] The deuterium cell is larger and is a modification of the direction of division.[27][28] The cell membrane also changes, and it reacts first to the impact of heavy water. In 1972 it was demonstrated that an increase in the percentage content of deuterium in water reduces plant growth.[29] Research conducted on the growth of prokaryote microorganisms in artificial conditions of a heavy hydrogen environment showed that in this environment, all the hydrogen atoms of water could be replaced with deuterium.[30][31][32] Experiments showed that bacteria can live in 98% heavy water.[33] However, all concentrations over 50% were found to kill plants.

The following excerpt mentions heavy water: Session 22 November 1997
First I will give the whole context, and then later select interpret some of the parts. The reason for this approach is that the context may be important for the interpretation and others may interpret it very different than I attempt to do.
Q: Okay. I learned the other day that the University of Montpelier was founded in 1289 and that among the individuals who attended this university was Albertus Magnus, Thomas Aquinas, Roger Bacon, Arnold of Villanova and Ramon Llul, as well as Michel Nostredame. Now, aside from the fact that all these people attended, they all seem to be somehow connected to the city of Cologne. In fact, Albertus Magnus moved to the city of Cologne, and he was the teacher of Thomas Aquinas and they both wrote about a 'talking head' and, apparently, Albertus Magnus performed something of a miracle along the Rhine in a field... was this, by any chance, an alfalfa field?

A: Yes.

Q: And, is this OUR alfalfa field?

A: Close.

Q: It is said that 3 years is the normal time required for the master work when proceeding by the 'white path,' or the 'humid way.' Is this, essentially true? Three years for the transformation?

A: Here, "time" serves as an illusion.

Q: Raymond Lully was rumored to have transformed a great deal of base metal into gold for Edward II of England. Did Raymond transmute for Edward in 1311 or 1312?

A: Only method which will accomplish this uses high pitched melodic sounds, brought forth while in a trance state.

Q: Brought forth from what, the human voice?

A: From the center of within.

Q: Well, back to my question, did Raymond transmute gold for Edward, because there was supposedly some special treatment given Lully by Edward, and we know that Edward II was the arch enemy...

A: If you learn to concentrate on the present for such answers, the dividends realized will far exceed expectations.
[...]
Q: [...] ... Oh, John Dee supposedly had a vision of the Angel Uriel who gave him a highly polished black stone which was convex, and into which he gazed to communicate with other realms. This sounds very much like a psychomantium. Okay, these beings would appear on the surface of the stone and reveal all the secrets of the future. This was not an imaginary stone because it now resides in the British Museum. However, he later hooked up with Edward Kelly who was, apparently, a complete con-artist. What kind of beings did Dee and Kelly conjure through their polished stone?

A: Fourth Density.

Q: STS or STO?

A: Both.

Q: Was Eugenius Philalethes the nom de plume for Thomas Vaughan?

A: Yes.

Q: What is the 'prime matter' of the alchemical process?

A: H2O.

Q: What? (Ark) Water can be in different states.

A: Heavy water.

Q: What is heavy water? (Ark) Instead of normal hydrogen, you have hydrogen atoms with two neutrons. It is used in atomic plants. (L) Okay, if that is the prime matter, what is the philosophical mercury that goes with it?

A: Wrong "track."

Q: What is the right track?

A: See several answers back.

Q: It is not etherally correct to answer this?

A: No, sound, Laura, sound! See Leedskallen.

Q: How does one produce this sound?

A: We have given you the pieces, now "fit them in."

Q: Well, they say that prime matter is that which is created by God and is firmly captured within you, yourself, and that any creature of God deprived of it will die. So, I have come to the idea that this prime matter is blood, which is connected to the hemoglobin molecule, which is...

A: What is the human body composed of? 77 per cent... what?

Q: Well, water...

A: Bingo!

Q: Well, how does one change the water in one's body to heavy water, and what kind of effect does that have on the system?

A: See previous responses!

Q: How does one make the water in the body into heavy water?

Q: Is it as simple as going into a trance an humming 'ooom?'

A: On the right track, but short of destination.

Q: Does it have something to do with the bones... using the bones in the body as resonators?

A: Just review when convenient. Guessing will derail you.

Q: I need a clue about this sound...

A: You have been given this.

Q: Well, I thought about the DNA, marrow, blood, hemoglobin, magnetite, and the fact that blood is manufactured in the marrow of the bones, and the symbolism of the skull and crossbones which is also the symbol of the Rosie Cross, and the image of the blood of the pelican - so it just made me think that blood was important. Does blood have something to do with this internal sound or does the sound change the blood?

A: No more on this.
On the one hand there was:
Q: Raymond Lully was rumored to have transformed a great deal of base metal into gold for Edward II of England. Did Raymond transmute for Edward in 1311 or 1312?

A: Only method which will accomplish this uses high pitched melodic sounds, brought forth while in a trance state.

Q: Brought forth from what, the human voice?

A: From the center of within.
And then moving from the outer to the inner:
Q: What is the 'prime matter' of the alchemical process?

A: H2O.

Q: What? (Ark) Water can be in different states.

A: Heavy water.
[...]
A: No, sound, Laura, sound! See Leedskallen.

Q: How does one produce this sound?

A: We have given you the pieces, now "fit them in."
And finally:
A: What is the human body composed of? 77 per cent... what?

Q: Well, water...

A: Bingo!

Q: Well, how does one change the water in one's body to heavy water, and what kind of effect does that have on the system?

Q: How does one make the water in the body into heavy water?

Q: Is it as simple as going into a trance an humming 'ooom?'

A: On the right track, but short of destination.
How would a body function if it was all heavy water compared to a situation where it was purified of heavy water and was composed of the common light water?

The following session is rich on water and mentions that one can talk to the water, perhaps that may connects with the previous ideas about the alchemical work:
(L) Oh yeah! This is very interesting. I forgot to tell ya'll about this. Ark has read a very interesting study about water and how you can talk to it and program it.

(Arky) So question is first, is it really the case that water is so smart that when you talk to it, you can change its properties?

A: Yes

Q: (Arky) Okay. Now, what is it in the water that makes it so sensitive to intentions that they make the water change its chemical and biological functions?

A: This goes beyond the material properties to the information field that is the fundament of water, a most basic substance in the cosmos with strong creative and receptive qualities.

Q: (Galatea) Water has memory. It's like a library. It has memory.

(L) That's the problem we're trying to get to.

(Galatea) Oh, you're trying to understand why?

(L) Exactly.

(Arky) Is water really VERY, VERY, VERY special in this respect?

Q: (Pierre) So other substances don't have those properties?

A: Right.

Q: (Galatea) That's where the idea holy water comes from.

(Joe) So, should we talk to our water?

(Arky) Yes

(Joe) On the water thing, is it best to do this with distilled water?

Q: (Galatea) I have a question that'll sound crazy. Is water similar to space?

Q: (Galatea) I knew it! [laughter]

(Pierre) Similar in what sense?

(L) It's like etheric.

(Galatea) Space is water?

Q: (Galatea) I knew it!

(L) So did the ancients. They called it The Waters Above.

(Galatea) Really?

(Joe) Can we make heavy water by talking to it?

(Arky) No, no, no. With water, this is very strange. I was reading about the experiments. So, first you talk to water, you test the water, and it makes it different. But then you have to be clever. If it is just information, you don't have to talk to water. You use the computer to convert your talk into a number. You print the number on the piece of paper, you put it on the bottle, and water should be smart enough because anyhow it's information! It's not your talk. It's somewhere, right? You put it on the label, and water knows what was your intention. Experiments were even done like that.

(Galatea) Water is the Google search of the universe.

Q: (Arky) You convert your talk to a number, like 1000, 2010, okay there's a number. Your language and intent is this number. But you can say something with good intentions, or with wrong intention. The algorithm is such that it may produce the same number for either. Yet, it seems that the water is smart enough that even if you put the same number on two bottles, but derived from different language and intent, it knows whether the intention was positive or negative!

(L) Even if the number is the same?!

(Arky) You see? So the information is somewhere. It's not really important what words you use or what you say exactly. You communicate in some way with the information field that is everywhere.

(Pierre) And the water has this special connection to the information field, and it knows what the number is related to.

(Arky) So your piece of paper is really the address of a piece of information.

Q: (Joe) Can we talk to the water in our bodies since they're 70% water?

A: It has already been propagandized!

Q: (L) So in other words, we have to start fresh with a fresh glass of water and send in the workers to controvert the evil propaganda.

Q: (Galatea) So can we talk to our water and say, "Hello water! Can you detox me even more today?"

Q: (Joe) Does adding salt to water make it extra-specially attentive?

Q: (Galatea) It's like coffee for water!

(L) Wake up your water with a little salt!

Q: (Pierre) It explains homeopathy as well. It works on an information level. You just need a little bit. You don't need it in high concentrations. And they know.

A: You have plenty to think about and experiment with. Keep eyes and ears open! Goodbye.
Communicating with water might be interpreted to mean one can talk to all three forms of water molecules, H2O, HDO and D2O. In case one is interested in ingesting more or less heavy water, maybe one does not have to take any compound, maybe one just has to know how to communicate.

Back
Top Bottom