Detoxify or Die Cookbook

Cooking vegetables vs eating them raw

Magnesium is also blocked by certain foods: Too much protein, tannin in tea (black AND green). Another blocker is oxalic acid found in spinach and chard block magnesium. When they are cooked, the oxalic acid is mostly removed. So steaming your vegetables rather than eating them raw or juicing them is better.

I want to clarify something about this quote. I understand that cooking Spinach may remove oxalic acid. Nonetheless I think it is not wise recommending cooking vegetables rather than eating them raw.

On christmas 2008 I saw some documentaries about food and health. Some of them shocked me to a point, that I'm now in the process of becoming vegetarian.

To name some of them:
"A diet for all reasons" - by Dr. Michael Klaper
"The Cure to Cancer" - Dr. Hulda Regehr Clark
"The Cancer Answer - (1990)" (about the book)
"Excitotoxins, The taste that kills"
"A World without Cancer" - Griffin

Few things I remember:
- cancer is not an illness, is a sympthom
- vitamin b17 (the most powerful existing anti-cancer cells)
- some conspiracy surrounding healthcare (the powers that be promote consume of sugar and salt which are not good for health on the long term)
- human digestive system is DNA designed to be vegetarian (more similarities to a vegetarian animal than a carnivore)
- vegetables are the true source of nutrients, the most precious are inside the seeds
- vegatables loose most nutrients few hours after being killed (the following 48 hours after being collected)
- vegetables under extreme temperature (frozen or hot) helps destroying nutrients. So it is recommended to eat them raw and as fresh as possible. I also strongly believe that microwave technology contribute also to this decrease in nutrients.

May be more topics are required to discuss a lot of issues here.

Regards,
Jordi

Garlic may be dangerous!

Laura says:
Eat lots of garlic.

I present another view of pros/cons for Garlic.

I read a document with comments about Dr. Robert C. Beck (about cancer). It provide some personal comments, information relating to gadgets (water filtering systems) and also real newspaper articles scanned images. In the last paragraph of this document (page 42), it provides info about Garlic.

To properly demonstrate this I attach two screenshot files:
My personal folder with files dedicated to Robert C. Beck. The PDF document title is: "Bob Deck Lecture".
A screenshot image to the paragraph I mention. Please read it before continuing with the post.

I did not check the references indicated. Nonetheless my intuition says me: I must.

On the personal opinion: I saw a lot of health related issues, toxics that human consume (such as aspartame, alcohol, MSG). At the same time I see how cell phone technology affects us:
_http://www.willthomasonline.net/willthomasonline/CELLPHONE_HEALTH_HAZARDS.html

I comprehend now that the "brain blood barrier", a very basic defense system, is debilitated through the use of cell phone microwaves. Therefore any poison can enter the brain easily. I understand that mercury is linked to autism, nonetheless one wonder how it enters the brain (it cannot pass the blood barrier). May be it is easy during pregnancy. It is also possible that a debilitated brain blood barrier can let some mercury enter the brain. By the way I cannot explain what the blood brain barrier is because I'm not a medic. Nonetheless I imagine something like the egg membrane that is under the surface of the carcass. One friend that is doing some research in water filtering systems, tells me that this egg-membrane is a wonderful water purification system. It cleans the water passing through the membrane, and is even much more effective than reverse-osmosis. Something was invented in Australia relating to this membrane, applied to water purification. The project was abandoned because it is not cost-effective. The membrane breaks after passing 200 liters (and you need to buy another one).

I do not extend more, just say that I saw a lot drugs and poisons that have something in common: all them affect the brain!

Some URL for Garlic:

"Dr. Bob Beck says garlic is a dangerous poison..."
_http://idu.16.forumer.com/a/dr-bob-beck-says-garlic-is-a-dangerous-poison_post1736.html

"Health Benefits of Garlic. Beware! It's the Opposite of What you Might Think - Garlic Desynchronises your Brainwaves!"
_http://www.relfe.com/health_benefits_of_garlic.html

"Diallyl Sulphides (obtained from Garlic)"
_http://www.garlic-central.com/diallyl-sulphides.html

The garlic sulphides break down in the body within a few hours so for maximum health benefit it is best to have "a little often" as opposed to one large daily dose.

Attachments

• Robert-C-Beck-MyFiles.png
    Robert-C-Beck-MyFiles.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Robert-C-Beck-Garlic-Warning.png
    Robert-C-Beck-Garlic-Warning.png
    41 KB · Views: 40
Jordifs, I did a search on the Mercola website, and found a ton of links about the benefits of garlic. Go here: _http://search.mercola.com/Results.aspx?q=garlic&k=garlic There are also links to the benefits of onions, which are apparently similar to garlic, however onion is not on the Detox menu. (Edit: Oops, it is on the detox menu!!! In my haste I overlooked it.)

Also on that website you can find links to studies that suggest salt is not as bad as what it's been made out to be, at least not in relation to hypertension.

Garlic may be dangerous!

Just to clarify the Garlic issue.

I do not say it has not beneficial properties. I'm sure it does. Moreover on the previous post I provide a link: "Diallyl Sulphides (obtained from Garlic)". This link provide simple info about the benefits. I even read that if you are ill, in a Hospital, a garlic soup will be wonderful for your body. It will support the body natural curative process.

My intention here is to point to one important issue: no one warns about Garlic side-effects. ¿Because there are none? If somebody tells me "take care about the side effects", I will try to reserach the cause that justifies this warning.

Nonetheless, I know it is not a dangerous product itself. It is like sugar or salt, if you take some nothing happens. BUT if someone give you a 6000mg of sugar with the coffee, and you take 3 coffee cups per day. Then imagine the long term effect after several years! This is the primal issue to contemplate and analyze. A silly sample: anyone research smoking, and analyze data taking a 2 days limited study. ¿What is the conclusion? Bullshit. ¿How you can detect a long term effect with a 2 days study?

I see diet supplements of 1000/1500mg Garlic pills. Imagine what can happen if someone take this pill everyday for years. If it's beneficial, OK. If there is some side-effect then... ¿which is it? An important note relating to this issue must be present near the dosage indications.

I expect this clarifies my position and help others understand my post.

Yours,
Jordi

Yes Jordi, that does clarify your position, and it makes sense. I look forward to see if others can shed light on this little conundrum, if I may call it that. Is "eating lots of garlic" really advisable?

3D Resident said:
Yes Jordi, that does clarify your position, and it makes sense. I look forward to see if others can shed light on this little conundrum, if I may call it that. Is "eating lots of garlic" really advisable?

Depends on your aim, I say if you want to ward off any vampire attack, I think it's very good. But if you want to attract someone of the opposite sex, don't rely on your breath ;D
Sorry :boat:

There are people who are sensitive to sulphides because they have sluggish livers. See: "FIBROMYALGIA AND CHRONIC FATIGUE Questionnaire" here: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=13258.0

Where you read:

. LIVER FUNCTION

Have you ever had elevated (high) liver enzymes on laboratory blood work? __Yes __ No __Not Sure

A “yes” could possibly mean a sluggish liver, usually from taking prescription medications. It could also be due to a fatty liver or hepatitis .

Do you have any funny reactions when you drink alcohol (a little goes a long way, can’t drink red wine, etc.)? If so, please describe: _________________________________________________ _________

A positive answer suggests you may have a sluggish liver.

Do you have any problems eating raw onions? ___ Yes ___No

Raw onion can cause problems in individuals with a sluggish liver. The sulphur in raw onions is the culprit.

I'm sort of assuming that the same would be true for garlic. But then, maybe not.

Some time ago, after being told by a person who was "sold" on the whole Indian / Ayurvedic style of eating, that garlic is bad for you, we asked the Cs at a session:

Q: (A***) Is garlic bad for me?

A: No!!!!!!!

But, that's just a specific person.

Later, we asked more specifically:

Q: ... Now I want to ask about this Art of Living course a bit more. Craig has sent us his requirements which are to not eat garlic and to not smoke for the duration of the course. Are those ideas advisable for us?

A: No. Not smoking and avoidance of garlic are directly related to mind programming systems. Consider the culture and religious context of the system.

Has anybody else noticed that a lot of Indian people have swollen bellies like they are suffering from enlarged livers? Maybe if they ate more garlic (and high quality meat protein), they wouldn't have such problems.

Way back in 1997, the Cs gave the following recommendations for Ark, who was staying at a research facility in Germany where, apparently, the water was heavily fluoridated:

Q: (Laura) Okay. You have my undivided attention. How does
he get the fluoride out of his system?

A: Recommend daily ingestion of Goldenseal root, as well as
vinegar and garlic in moderation, along with up to an hour
per every two days of light aerobic exercise.

Q: (Laura) Would half an hour per day be alright?
A: One hour every other day. Light at first.

On the other hand, there was another use of garlic that the Cs thought was ridiculous:

Q: .... (L) Well, this guy suggests that tinkling wind chimes and garlic slices placed around the room, the rubbing of garlic into affected body parts, keeping the lights on, and so forth will keep aliens away. (F) That won't keep away aliens, but it WILL keep away human abductions! (L) Well, hold on here! This is interesting: he says that when an abduction is imminent, place the hose on the ground, turn the water on and walk across it... that running water can block the aliens.

A: B.S.!

As always, inquiring minds want to know... and there is no "one size fits all" diet.

Laura said:
Q: ... Now I want to ask about this Art of Living course a bit more. Craig has sent us his requirements which are to not eat garlic and to not smoke for the duration of the course. Are those ideas advisable for us?
A: No. Not smoking and avoidance of garlic are directly related to mind programming systems. Consider the culture and religious context of the system.

Thanks for the reply. I do not remember this sentence on my Wave readings. I did not finish yet The Wave Vol.6 (and I have to buy Volume 7!).

Nonetheless I suspect that this paragraph that links Garlic and mind programming really tells us something. May be it confirms this link with the brain, in this scenario is good.

Thanks.

jordifs said:
Laura said:

Thanks for the reply. I do not remember this sentence on my Wave readings. I did not finish yet The Wave Vol.6 (and I have to buy Volume 7!).

Nonetheless I suspect that this paragraph that links Garlic and mind programming really tells us something. May be it confirms this link with the brain, in this scenario is good.

Thanks.

Sessions transcripts after 2002 and especially in the last 2 years (where the above quote is from) can be found in the Sub Board The Cassiopaean Experiment » Cassiopaean Session Transcripts.

I think the quote -
"Not smoking and avoidance of garlic are directly related to mind programming systems"

refers more in general to the global mind programming that is part of the default reality, you know, like -

"A: Yes, we suppose. But first, contact your broker, secure the credit cards, remember to turn off the computer and unplug the microwave. Also, the Maple dining room set should get a fresh dose of Lemon Pledge, so as to give the authentic maple that "see your reflection shine!" (Session Excerpt Link)

But then again promoting the avoidance of anything that is good for many peoples bodies can also negatively affect the mind by allowing the junk to suppress what the body and mind are capable of.

At some point I searched more info because I came across one article stating that garlic was bad for your brain. At the end, I found only preliminary studies about garlic and its brain-protective effects, for example protection for the brain against toxicity.ie. mercury toxicity and excitotoxins. So I dunno.

I'll share some quotes that I saved here:

_http://www.currentbiotica.com/Images/Journals-IssueIII/Article3.pdf
The organosulphur compounds were found to ameliorate the enzymatic levels of mercury induced neurotoxic effects proving its efficacy as neuroprotective agents. This observed neuroprotective role might be due to the membrane stabilizing action and replenishment of sulphydryl groups by garlic and methionine.

_http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=15105655
These results suggest that Aβ+IBO [toxic to the brain] induces extensive neuronal death, and that SAC [derived from garlic] protect cells from death in specific areas of the hippocampus.

_http://www.cababstractsplus.org/abstracts/Abstract.aspx?AcNo=20043190296
Excitotoxicity elicited by overactivation of N-methyl-D-aspartate ["aspartame"] receptors is a well-known characteristic of quinolinic acid-induced neurotoxicity. However, since many experimental evidences suggest that the actions of quinolinic acid also involve reactive oxygen species formation and oxidative stress as major features of its pattern of toxicity, the use of antioxidants as experimental tools against the deleterious effects evoked by this neurotoxin becomes more relevant. In this work, we investigated the effect of a garlic-derived compound and well-characterized free radical scavenger, S-allylcysteine, on quinolinic acid-induced striatal neurotoxicity and oxidative damage. [...] In summary, S-allylcysteine ameliorates the in vivo [in rats] quinolinate striatal toxicity by a mechanism related to its ability to: (a) scavenge free radicals; (b) decrease oxidative stress; and (c) preserve the striatal activity of Cu,Zn-superoxide dismutase (Cu,Zn-SOD). This antioxidant effect seems to be responsible for the preservation of the morphological and functional integrity of the striatum.

Usually, what is not reminded enough, is that garlic is an excellent blood thinner. There are actually reports of people having internal bleedings due to too much garlic. This are rare though.

Garlic may be disinformation

Thanks Psyche for added information.

I inform you that I researched more about this issue to cross references and identify different sources. I saved more than 20 articles and revised a lot of links.

Nonetheless my impression is not good. At the end all links point in the same direction. At present day I only located two sources:
- Doctor Robert C. Beck. An article published in 199x is referenced.
- Krishna information about food (how it affects the 'emotions'). I also located info in a Reiki Seminar (nonetheless the technical details seems to be extracted from Dr. Robert C. Beck article).

On the "_http://mercola.com" site also read something interesting: ¿why other animals do not eat garlic? (apparently only humans do).

I think that this garlic information about bad effects may be not reliable. ¿Maybe disinformation?.

The healthy good effects are by far so impressive that justify taking it.

For you information I add some interesting comments about this matter.

_http://www.garlic-central.com/diallyl-sulphides.html

The garlic sulphides break down in the body within a few hours so for maximum health benefit it is best to have "a little often" as opposed to one large daily dose.

_http://www.garlic-central.com/allicin.html

Allicin starts to degrade immediately after it is produced, so its medical effectiveness decreases over time. Cooking speeds up this degradation and microwaving appears to destroy allicin totally and eliminate any health benefits.

So for the most powerful medicinal effect, crush a little raw garlic and combine with the cooked food shortly before serving. Don't overdo it - too much can produce irritation of and possibly even damage to the digestive tract. Remember too that raw, crushed garlic also has the most powerful flavour!

Thanks to all for you support. I consider this info extremely interesting:
Psyche said:
_http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=15105655
These results suggest that Aβ+IBO [toxic to the brain] induces extensive neuronal death, and that SAC [derived from garlic] protect cells from death in specific areas of the hippocampus.

So I will continue using Garlic raw, by the way as Catalan tradition says: "Garlic and Olive Oil"
_http://www.cliffordawright.com/caw/recipes/display/recipe_id/816/

Thanks to all!

Regulattor said:
Anyway, my problem is this: I'm 36 years old 175cm high and my body weight was around 75kg at the time I was starting new diet.

Now I'm 66-67 kg and I've literally melted down. I've been losing 1kg/month. It looks like most of my muscular mass hasn't been affected but my fat deposits from head to toes are gone and my pants don't fit me no more! Family members are all over me with their "you look ill because real men weight 100kgs at least" attitude. But I feel more energized then ever. So I'm just asking if anybody else can report similar experience with weight losing?

I'm older than you, 178 cm high and my body weight was around 74 kg at the time i started the new diet.

After 8 or 9 months, my weight was around 68 kg and it was still going down. :O

And there came the breathing program. Now i am back to 73 kg !!!

Bohort said:
And there came the breathing program. Now i am back to 73 kg !!!

I've noticed the same thing. I had lost weight doing the detoxing, but have gained some of it back since I started doing the breathing programme.

I had a similar experience in losing weight whilst detoxing, and following the various diets mentioned on the forum. When I asked about this, Mark at Get-Fitt informed me that detoxing heavy metals using the FIR sauna blankets will cause weight to either come off, or increase, until the optimal weight is arrived at. I recently had to get my trousers altered so that they would fit comfortably (without bunching up under a belt). Also, depending on your blood type/genetic type, you may store toxins as fat - this was the case with me, the fat just 'melted away'. Since arriving at my optimal weight, it has stayed relatively constant, a pound difference here and there.

Back
Top Bottom