Deja vu

I've only had a few deja vu experiences that I can remember. What I remember more though are times when I've had the opposite feeling of a deja vu. For example, I can be driving down the street on a very familiar route and I turn onto another street (still familiar) and suddenly everything looks very unfamiliar and I don't recognize where I am. This feeling lasts for less than a minute then suddenly I know where I am again. It's a very odd sensation.

Odyssey said:
I've only had a few deja vu experiences that I can remember. What I remember more though are times when I've had the opposite feeling of a deja vu. For example, I can be driving down the street on a very familiar route and I turn onto another street (still familiar) and suddenly everything looks very unfamiliar and I don't recognize where I am. This feeling lasts for less than a minute then suddenly I know where I am again. It's a very odd sensation.

Ah! So it's called jamais vu. Here's a bit from wiki

Jamais vuMain article: Jamais vu
Jamais vu (from French, meaning "never seen") is a term in psychology which is used to describe any familiar situation which is not recognized by the observer.

Often described as the opposite of déjà vu, jamais vu involves a sense of eeriness and the observer's impression of seeing the situation for the first time, despite rationally knowing that he or she has been in the situation before. Jamais vu is more commonly explained as when a person momentarily does not recognize a word, person, or place that they already know. Jamais vu is sometimes associated with certain types of aphasia, amnesia, and epilepsy.

Also this:

"There is another experience worth mentioning; jamais vu. Its the opposite of deja vu. Instead of feeling extra familiar, thing seem totally unfamiliar. In this case there is too little connection between long-term memory and perceptions from the present. When a person is in this state, nothing they experience seems to have anything to do with the past. They might be talking to a person they know well and suddenly they person seems totally unfamiliar. Their sense of knowing the person, and knowing how to relate to them simply vanishes. A room in which they spend a lot of time suddenly becomes totally novel; everything seems new. Details they will have seen a thousand times suddenly become engaging."

--from "Deja Vu in Spiritual and Scientific Views," (3a)

Now that I've read this I remember experiencing this jamais vu feeling before when talking with my mother. I remember thinking, "Who are you?" That feeling quickly vanished too.

Odyssey,

interesting; "the opposite of Deja Vu". :)

Odyssey said:

The other day it happened to me: I was driving and suddenly I was very lost, where I was? I did not recognize the exit I was suppose to take. I ask to my husband "where are we"?. What a strange sensation! And I ask myself: is that a symptom of Alzheimer? Is this the sensation of people who have this illness? I did not like the feeling.

Loreta

Laura said:
...Which makes me wonder if all our so-called "past lives" may not be simply "alternate lives", cycling more or less "side by side," to try to describe it in ordinary terms. And if so, is it possible that there is some "master template" that each of these alternate lives follows - some primal, archetypal gesture - that replays the same dynamics over and over again, though in different "times" and with different costumes, etc.

If so, then perhaps there are lateral "bleed-throughs" now and again? Or maybe, sometimes, the lateral connections aren't exact - like time leaps or lags - and something important might be happening in one of your other lives sooner than it happens in another, and you get a "sensation" of it because it is so intense, while in this life, nothing special is happening?

All kinds of interesting possibilities.

I recently started reading Seth material, and in it he covers quite extensively this exact concept of "alternate" lives. He talks about "possible" and "probable selves", parallel existences each with it's own program, like different variations of the same play, as well as different "plays" with their own variations. And that there are clusters of these...lives in time/space. It seems like a reasonable description, but something about all of that branching and splitting of self is disturbing to me, I don't know... Maybe because I don't feel "special" anymore. :)

I just had a 10 sec Deja Vu saturday night, it was amazing, I had a lot of them before but never lasted more than 3 sec.

Since I started to participate on this forum I had 4 Deja Vu experiences. First was while I was reading one thread on this forum, second was while I was writing a message to istina on FB, third happened today while I was drawing Cochise for Azur, and fourth happend about four hours ago while I was outside with my family, they were talking about meat in the fridge that my brother bought for barbecue that he will have tomorrow with his friends. Fourth deja vu was the most intense one. I just stood there looking at them with my eyes wide open, couldn't believe it and asked myself what a heck is going on.

I also have some strange sensation in the middle of my head since I started to participate. It feels like some kind of pressure, like someone pluged something in the middle of my head. I had the same sensation last year before my grandfather died and it was much stronger, almost painful.

I'm going to write about it now. The night is long and I have to practice my English :)

Last year I was left with only one exam to pass, and it was the hardest one (math), so I decided to go visit my roomate in Varazdin because she was a mathematician, and when I will get stuck with something she is there to explain it to me.
Before leaving home I wanted to say goodbye to my grandfather, but when I opened the door he was sleeping. I didn't want to wake him up, so I closed the door and went to Varazdin.
It was all good first week, but night 15th August to 16th August... I couldn't sleep! I felt some kind of disturbance all night, I was rolling on my bed till 5 AM (something like that have never happened to me before), went to the bathroom and got back in my room. Finally I fell asleep. I had a dream about my grandfather, he was walking around the house like he was 30 years younger. We were all asking him does he need help, because in real life he was far from walking like he was 30 years younger. He was wearing diapers 9 years and last two years he always needed help to get up from a chair or a toilet, and we had to rotate him on a bed, but he could walk by himself. When I woke up, I felt that something is wrong, something is going on. I sent SMS to my dad to find out if everything is OK at home. He then called me, he never calls me when I write him a message.
He said to me that they are in the hospital, grandfather had last night (15th August) some mixture of stroke and epilepsy attack, two times, and he is not conscious. He also told me that they didn't want to tell me so it wouldn't affect my studying for the last exam.
Of course, they were right, it affected me a lot. I felt horrible because I didn't say goodbye to him while I was leaving, and I knew I will not see him again. Whole week he wasn't consious, and that whole week I felt my head will explode. I almost never have headache before. I felt that pressure in the middle of my head and it was very strong when I went to bed. Early in the morning of 23rd August I dreamed him again. This time I was able to see only his head, it was in a horizontal position, looked like he was lying in bed. He looked very pale, freshly shaved and his hair was neatly combed. I reached out to touch his face and he smiled to me, then I woke up. I felt huge relief, I managed to say goodbye to him, and I think good forces were involved.
While I was lying on my bed I wanted to send SMS to mom or dad to tell them that his time has come, that he is going to leave us now. Ten- fifteen minutes later mom called to tell me that grandfather died.

This Thursday I'm going to Varazdin to earn some money. I will be selling books and t-shirt for 10 days on festival, and after that I have to defend my thesis to get my degree. I think that will be a big change in my life and this forum is also part of that big change. So I think deja vu experiences have something to do with changes in life. But I still don't know what is that sensation in the middle of my head. Has anyone felt that kind of sensation before?

grini said:
Since I started to participate on this forum I had 4 Deja Vu experiences.

The definition of deja vu is:

"the experience of thinking that a new situation had occurred before."

Is that what you have experienced those four times?

Mrs. Peel said:
grini said:
Since I started to participate on this forum I had 4 Deja Vu experiences.

The definition of deja vu is:

"the experience of thinking that a new situation had occurred before."

Is that what you have experienced those four times?

Yes. I have read the whole thread before posting. It was like I've seen it before, fourth deja vu was like I had a dream of exact situation.

For a while recently I've fallen into some mechanical loops, and just the last couple days I'm pulling myself out of my slump. Just a moment ago I had a deja vu moment as I was reading something on the forum, as if I had read that post in a dream a couple nights ago. I notice that I seem to have deja vu pretty much only when I'm in a more seeking/moving-forward mode in my thinking and actions. When I'm trying to learn. If deja vu is "courtesy of 4D STS", I wonder if this is a sign of the "negative feedback loop" in effect, trying to cancel out my efforts? This is the first deja vu I've had in a month or two or longer.

Either way, I never know what to make of the deja vu. It usually seems to strike during mundane activities. It seems like it happens most often regarding sections of text as I'm reading something here or elsewhere.

Just my two cents.

Heimdallr said:
What happens to me is I will dream of a situation, but it will be a rather mundane one. Then later, say a few weeks, the very same thing that I was dreaming will occur "in real life". Then, as it is occurring, I will remember that I dreamt of this exact situation recently and the feeling of deja vu will happen.

But what gets me is why did this all happen? Why did I dream of this first before it happened? Like I said, these are completely mundane experiences, so I don't see what the importance of it all could be.

I'm super late to this thread, but it happens the exact same way for me. I never imagined I would ever hear anyone say they experienced it like me. For me, I will have the moment, and know the exact dream that I had had before which the deja vu was inserted. I've had strong deja vus since I was a child, and sometimes they change after I realize what they are..but only a little bit. For instance, I was in a room with several guys once. I had the feeling, and remembered that someone was going to walk into the room after that. I said it out loud and said who exactly I thought was going to come through the door. Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched, and about 4 seconds later, a different person walked into the room.

Well... since everyone else is sharing... :rolleyes:

In childhood I want to say that I had deja vu at least somewhat frequently. I say 'want to say' because I actually have a very difficult time recalling much of any of my personal history including more recent times, and certainly not with much clarity in what I can recall. Anyways, the deja vus from childhood I think were much more the 'dreams happening in real life' version, because I recall other friends saying they sometimes had dreams that basically 'came true' and gave them the deja vu experience when they realized it all during the event or whatever, and I remember thinking or saying to them (not sure which) that I get that rather often also. I do specifically recall moments of deja vu quite similar to what you're all describing also, watching events like a re-run of life somehow, where you know what's going to happen, but usually only as it happens and you can't change anything anyways.

I just so happened to have had deja vu just last night, actually. I was standing cooking at the stove, when I got the deja vu feeling. Phenomena like this are of great interest for me as I can't recall any significant 'out there' experiences or anything happening to me, so when anything remotely 'strange' does happen, I NOTICE. So as soon as I have the feeling, almost instinctively, during or even before I had consciously thought about it, I had that deja vu feeling that someone specific I know was going to walk in the door right next to me. I quickly whipped my head up to look at the door, where I basically was expecting to see this person. It all retained the deja vu feeling right up to the point I consciously realized that no one was there. I kind of did that 'stand ready and wait for it' thing we sometimes do for a minute, and then realized that it was all over and no one was coming. About that same time I thought, 'well, good then! I'm just fine that they didn't come home just now!', and there was an odd negative emotional 'aftertaste' of sorts, but I'm honestly not sure which came first, thought or feeling. The entire thing couldn't have spanned more than about 1-2 seconds, minus my 'waiting ready' bit, yet somehow it was a very...'complete'..feeling deja vu. One of those rather mundane deja vus all in all, but it just kind of struck me. I had an odd feeling between the 'onset' of deja vu and looking up at the door 2 feet away. Almost like the 'a-ha!' or epiphany feeling, actually. I looked up, knowing I was going to see this person, and had a 'building up' feeling, almost as if you were looking up expecting to see Jesus or something! Then when they weren't there...I think that's what struck me about it. It was almost like a 'Deja Vu, Interrupted'. Weird.

Alright, the deja vu I really posted to bring up to you all is following.
I was at a school blood drive recently for both the small extra credit offered by my anatomy professor and the nice warm thoughts that I'm helping someone who in an emergency will need my blood someday. Note that I am not queesy about needles whatsoever, and have never had anxiety about anything like this at all before. So I'm sitting there, waiting my turn, and actually feeling just a little anxious. Now in my life that could be for any of many reasons, so I never thought twice about it. Now I'm not sure what I was thinking about, possibly something of the Cs/Laura's materials and/or the concepts at least, but I ended up having this thought shortly before I was called for the pre-screening (where they prick your finger to test for iron, etc.), remembering that certain variable-density beings bathe in blood and absorb the required nutrients (someone correct me if I was wrong on that, but I think it's basically correct and it's what my thought was at the time). Could have just been being around blood got me remembering that, whatever. So I shook it off, but the thought not only followed me, but continued on. So then I'm thinking 'Umm..I wonder... no way.. I..I wonder if 'aliens' of any kind take any of the blood from drives, etc. for their own use!?!?'. About this time, the nurse calls me for the pre-screen and I again try just shaking the thoughts off, using the pre-screen and answering her questions to help. After we finish and she gets up to find a spot for me and so forth, I find myself trying still to shake off these thoughts that there might be the possibility of STS beings stealing blood from blood drives and so forth for their own consumption. Might've been a little bit strange of thoughts for me on a normal day, but I'm weird, so not all that out there, really. I'm not paranoid or anything and normally thoughts like this would've been entertaining for me. However on this day, perhaps just because of the setting, it was upsetting me quite a bit! In fact at this point it was kind of a weird mix between thought/feeling. I was in a good mood, it was to be a good day, etc., this thought/feeling was just annoyingly nagging at me. It's good to note that through the story so far, no deja vu experience, just this strange trip to give blood at my college. So I'm just sittin' in my little blue cloth makeshift booth waiting, and I'm now to the point of 'rationalizing' with myself, telling myself I have no real evidence to base any of this feeling/thought on and that I'm doing good for someone who'll be in need and so on and so forth. Not externally upset, but mentally wondering what's up with me this day. So the nurse finds me a table and leads me over, but nothing is set up, so she says to get comfortable and she'll be right back. So I take off my fleece, hang it and start situating myself on the table and finally-DEJA VU! However, it was actually unlike any other deja vu I've experienced. Literally except for the above-mentioned deja vu, I can't recall any off the top of my head in the last 6-8 months or so. Usually, it's just that weird feeling that 'it's all happened somewhere before', and basically neutral otherwise, for me. I usually don't get emotions good or bad with deja vu. But this time, I actually got a bit unnerved. I sat up on the table and basically in one motion swung one leg up, the other leg over that and reclined to the 'seated lounge' position. As I am very tall and the tables are not, it was a usual, relaxed movement for me.
As soon as my legs had crossed and I began 'lounging' I got the very odd deja vu experience. It actually had nothing to do with anyone around me, which in retrospect was odd since it was definitely the 'deja vu feeling'. Instead of watching things happen and feeling deja vu, even if only about a single event, I just kind of got this split-second flash of a really bad feeling and a semi-mental image of sorts. It's hard to describe, so forgive me if this isn't my wordsmithiest moment. It was sort of a flash like just for a millisecond I vividly recalled (extreme rarity for me) a memory. The 'flash'/deja vu was very dark, much more grey than the room I was in, but just maaybe similar somehow..in structure? Some factor of 'mechanical/ness' was in the deja vu also, but I'm not sure at all how. The table may have been a common factor in some way, but I'm not sure. The feeling that came with was what was unnerving for me. Leaving ego out of it, I'm not scared of much at all. Most of what I get in the way of fear is more that 'heightened awareness cause if something just happens to be in that dark place I'm going to be ready!' feeling than anything. But what I felt during this 'unusual deja vu experience' (ha! there's a 'play on words' word for that, I'm sure) was, if not directly, much more close to fear.
To the observer, I basically sat down for maybe 2-4 seconds, and then immediately stood back up and started getting my fleece back on. My mind was no longer in any confusion because any thought except 'what the hell??...' was suddenly irrelevant. I didn't know exactly what happened or why, rationally, I might be leaving. All I knew was I had had 'an unpleasant deja vu' experience and that I was very sorry to anyone who might have needed my blood in an emergency one day, but I wasn't staying there any longer.

So yeah! Sorry that got a bit long-winded, but having had a deja vu last night, as well as having a chance to share the unusual one here I just had to join in the fun with ya'll :)

So far, no big thoughts on deja vu so far except thinkin' along the lines of our 'Matrix program change'/'negative feedback mechanism' ideas presented here so far. I'll post back if I come up with anything entertaining!

A few weeks ago, after the dream in which I had been conversing with my brother I had a deja vu. The funny thing is that I remembered the conversation quite clearly upon waking up, but later on I forgot about it.

As the day went by we started a conversation. He was sitting in the same place like in my dream. He said his line, and then after I said my line the dream came back to my memory and I remembered that both lines were the same as in my dream. I also knew what was my next line in the dream and what was his reply. I said my line to see if his reply will be the same as in my dream, but in the same time I knew it will be. And it was the exact same reply, word for word, and it was not just few words, but more like 7-8 words. It's very unlikely that it was just a coincidence, imo.

On a side note, perhaps the inability to predict and change what is going to happen while having a deja vu is tribute to our mechanical natures and inability to Do, to initiate acausal events and change our life's films.

I've had quite a few many déjà vu experiences but mostly when I was younger until...

... last year. That was by far the most crazy and intense déjà vu experience I've ever had (and one of the most overall "strange experience"). I remember it crystal clear and will for the rest of my life.

It was literally as if I completely re-lived an entire scene and as if I had been there and saw it all as before but I knew there wasn't any "before" as this was a once-in-a-lifetime event.

It really actually felt as if "realities overlapped". Sort of like if I was actually living the same scene in two different realities at the same time (this is the best I can put it out). I literally froze in time and stood there for a minute or so trying to get my mind back (even if it didn't actually really "slipped" and I felt perfectly fine). I was just shocked. There are no other words. It was very intense.

It is funny that most of us had them when we where children as I recall some of them alot from that time but never paid attention on it as I was an child and thought this is normal.

Nowdays I have them from time to and very short so I same moment I notice them they are done and it is strange that from time to time they occure while I am with same people or on same place.

Last I recall was few monts ago and I was sitting in an bar with an frined of mine and we orfered tea or something and at that poin I saw all like it was the same moment that only colapsed when I realized that I already saw this...
It is also interesting that I have cills when I have deja vu :scared: :scared:
Also it is strange that persons included in deja vu do not have it but they are an part of it...for exp this time I had it and I told my friend I had an deja vu and she was sitting just saying ok what was about it??? And this is what I saw in deja vu! :huh:

KO SMO?!

Back
Top Bottom