Deep Cuts (wounds that still bleed)

N

noise

I'm hoping not to be coming across with some pity tact as this could be easily construed as. I do hope sharing this will help anyone who may be like me (me: avoid all psychological material at all costs!) to recognize some of their own early developmental suffering. I wouldn't be of any help in interacting on wounded children and have a bit of work to do, if not a mountain, in this area. This is something that came up looking back over some experiences. My intention was to make it poetic.

To Mom and Dad with Love,

Dad

I didn't actually mean to spill the milk.
I didn't know there was soo little milk in the world.
No I don't know the value of a dollar.
I didn't know our fighting would kill you, I don't know how to make it stop.
I'm sorry I'm not a 3,4,5,6.. year old adult.
We didn't mean to wake you up.
Yes we will watch you sleep. I'm sorry my face hit the back of your hand so hard. He was giving me the finger first.
Do you think you could hit me with the belt on my butt next time?

*"No I don't think I should be lined up with my brothers and be spanked over a comb, I knew where it was the whole time."
*"When you were little, your sisters were out on the street corner."

Mom

Mom do you think a 12' extension chord is a punishment worthy of the crime?
It is my fault your husband died, he told us we killed him.
I fell asleep; do I have to get a spanking for getting sunburned so bad I got blisters?
Mom J*.'s blisters are bleeding cause you hit his sunburn with the belt!
Ring, Ring.. so mom, when I was little my sisters were out on the street corner? "I don't know." What do you mean, "You don't know" where were you!?

*step dad - unless I was protecting a name.

http://www.thelogos.co.uk/celine.htm

I find this to be somewhat obscure in parts but I sometimes get a cry out of this. I find it semi-political'ish but most of all very lonely. I do not know the creator of it. Just wanted to share. :)

Back
Top Bottom