Deceased family in dreams

Cleo

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
My cousin recently told me about a dream she had of a deceased family member. She was also close to this family member growing up, and will often share when she has a dream of him. I always find it interesting to hear about her dreams which are usually pretty vivid. I think she also is sensitive to the spirit world in a way that I’m not possibly. She said the deceased family member was trying to call me or the entire family. She said he got through to all of us but something got in the way and he was disappointed but determined to keep trying. She said she was watching all of this as it happened and was present in the dream. She told him that he would get through.

When she told me this the other day, I remembered back to a dream I had of this same deceased family member some months ago. I didn’t write it down so it’s a bit vague now but from what I remember, he seemed occupied by something (I think there were other people around that he was talking to). I was disappointed because I didn’t get to talk to him before I had to leave to go somewhere. I remember he saw me as I left and made a hand gesture as if to say he’d be in contact..or was he telling me to contact him? Not sure.

Also, about the part in my cousin’s dream where my deceased family member got through to us but something got in the way..my cousin said this was because the corded phone was off the hook. As if someone had picked up the phone or answered the phone and set it down without hanging up.

I watched a show online about decoding dreams the other day and at one point they brought up this type of dream..where you dream about the deceased. The dream analyst on the show said that psychologically speaking, the deceased person in the dream represents a part of oneself most like that person.

She also mentioned what’s called a ‘contact’ dream and some of the telltale signs that it could be this type of dream. I think this type of dream is also commonly called a ‘visitation dream’. Based on the few signs she mentioned, I wouldn’t say my dream (that I wrote about in this thread) was necessarily a ‘contact’ dream though it’s interesting to consider. May just ask my cousin whether her dream felt like this type of dream.

One other thing I’d like to mention:-):

When I checked my journal the other day to see if I wrote about the dream of my deceased family member (my late brother) I found a letter I wrote to him dated June 25th of last year. I wrote the letter, following the instructions that Laura provided in the 5/18/2019 session thread:

I think I would just "talk" to the person as if they were still present. This can be done mentally, or even out loud. You can also write a letter to them, explain what you want to say (should be written by hand), and then set up a photo of the person, a candle, and leave the letter there in front of the photo for a few hours with intent that what you have written be conveyed to them, and then burn it with the intent that what you have written be "sent to them". All the while you are doing this, just continue the mental conversation with that person. Then, you can ask them how they are doing as you go to sleep and see if you get a dream. Possibly repeat a few times as needed.

It was interesting to review the letter again, almost a year later now. Also interesting to read what I wrote in my next journal entry dated July 14th..I mentioned the letter and how what I wrote seemed a bit forced. I then wrote a few things to him again that day in a more casual way..more along the lines of what Laura wrote above about talking to the person as if they were still present.

Maybe there’s a connection between the letter and the dreams I wrote about in this thread? Cautious of any wishful thinking that might be involved...at the same time, don’t want to discount anything that might be there.

After thinking and writing more about all of this, I think I’ll write another letter to him following the above instructions..as I only did so that one time.

Back
Top Bottom