Death of British astrophysicist Dr Natalie Christopher

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I stumbled upon an article in Russian that talks about the connection between deaths of British astrophysicist Dr. Natalie Christopher and
Nikolai Kardashev, a Russian astrophysicist and SETI pioneer. Supposedly on the 3rd of August she e-mailed Russian astrophysicists and talked with Kardashev over the phone, announcing that she had discovered what she believed was a Kardashev Scale Type V Civilization. And that Kardashev died on the very same day. And Christopher went missing on the 5th of August and later found dead, crushed by the giant boulder in the ravin.

Now, I tried looking for this info in English, but apparently this info comes from Sorcha Faal. That was disappointing. :rolleyes: But I did find it interesting that Sorcha again pushes the extraterrestial angle. Wonder what's up with that.

A short article was Posted here on missing scientist Natalie Christopher but the information is limited.

Trump era: Fascist dawn, or road to liberation?

Christopher died on the Greek Island of Ilana. Three weeks earlier, an American scientist went missing and was found dead on the Greek Island of Crete. Greek Police claim that a suspect admitted to the murder? I don't know, if there is any connection between the two scientists?

Missing American scientist found dead in Crete

Suzanne Eaton, 60, a molecular biologist at the world-renowned Max Planck Institute in Dresden, Germany, was attending a conference in the town of Chania when she was reported missing on July 2, on the Greek Island of Crete.

Suspect confesses in murder of U.S. scientist, Greek police say

Suzanne Eaton's murderer has been apprehended and confessed, and her death doesn't seem to have anything to do with the death of Natali Christopher.

And I can't find anything about the relation between Natali and Nikolai Kardashev when searching in greek.

Regarding her work, from the European University of Cyprus website (where she worked):

Phd (Cand.) Natalie Christopher
Research Interests:
  • Interstellar Medium of Ultra/ Luminous Infrared Galaxies (U/LIRGs)
  • Star-formation rates in U/LIRGs
  • Outflows of atomic gas, as traced by the (CII) 158μm line in local ULIRGs
  • Modelling the spectral energy distribution of galaxies and Active Galactic Nuclei (AGN)
I utilise multi-wavelength data in my research, however I have most experience working with infrared data (ISO, Spitzer and Herschel).
Education:
  • D.Phil (PhD) in Astrophysics – to present – University of Oxford (Linacre College)
    • Thesis title: The Inter-Stellar Medium and Physical Properties of Infrared Galaxies
  • MSci (Masters in Physics) – 2007 – Durham University (University College)
    • Masters title: Very High Energy Gamma Rays from the Active Galactic Nucleus PKS 2155-304
Publications
  • Active galactic nucleus torus models and the puzzling infrared spectrum of IRAS F10214+4724, Efstathiou, A; Christopher, N; Verma, A; Siebenmorgen, R, MNRAS, 2013, 436, 1873
  • Excited OH+, H2O+, and H3O+ in NGC 4418 and Arp 220, Gonzalez-Alfonso, E et al. 2013, A&A, 550, A25,23
  • The Spitzer Extragalactic Representative Volume Survey (SERVS): Survey Definition and Goals, Mauduit, J.C.et al, 2012, PASP, 124, 714
  • Herschel/PACS spectroscopy of NGC 4418 and Arp 220: H O, H18O, OH, 18OH, O I, HC and NH , Gonzalez-Alfonso, E et al. 2012, A&A 541, A4
  • Modelling of the HERMES Submililmeter Source Lensed by a Dark Matter Dominated Foreground Group of Galaxies, Gavazzi, R et al. 2011, ApJ, 738, 125
  • HERMES: Discovery of a Multiply Lensed Submillimeter Galaxy in Early HerMES Herschel/SPIRE data, Conley, A. et al. 2011, ApJ , 732, L35
  • Far-Infrared Line Deficits in Galaxies with Extreme LFIR/MH2 Ratios, Gracia-Carpio, J et al. 2011, ApJ, 728: L7
  • Herschel ATLAS: far-infrared properties of radio-selected galaxies, Hardcastle, M.J et al. MNRAS, 2010, 409, 122
  • Herschel PACS spectroscopy of IR bright galaxies at high redshift, Sturm, E. et al. 2010, A&A 518, L36
  • The Herschel ATLAS, Eales, S et al. 2010, PASP, 122, 499
  • A Catalogue of Potential Adaptive Optics Survey Fields from the UKIRT archive, Christopher, N & Smail, I, 2006, MNRAS, 365, 439C
Natali Christopher's disappearance was big news in Greece and Cyprus, and I followed it closely, also because a lot of my friends on FB knew her and were alarmed at the news, posting continuously updates and requests for information, as a lot of Greeks and Cypriots of a certain type spend some time at the island of Ikaria this time of year. Natali was very sportive and into a lot of outdoorsy, dangerous sports, rock climbing being one of them. In her last phone conversation with her boyfriend the morning she disappeared, she told him that she had gone walking at a very wild and difficult area, and promised that she would be careful and take her time to come back.

She tried to send her location to her boyfriend through FB, but apparently, it expired before the police started looking for her:

Translation of that part of the article:

According to The Nation newspaper, her partner had received a stigma on his cellphone of the exact location of the unfortunate astrophysicist before she lost her life. The beautiful Natalie Christopher, who loved sports, sent a message to her 38-year-old partner, Kyriakos, via Facebook, to show her whereabouts.

However, these spots on the social media are only valid for 60 minutes, so the message was deleted when she disappeared and searches for tracing her began four hours later. Vangelis Kriaras, a member of the Ikaria EPOMEA team, told ETHNOS: "He told us that the girl left in the morning for a run and explained that she usually chooses difficult and strange trails. He also showed us a post she had sent early in the morning but had expired. These locations via Facebook last 60 minutes. Afterwards, he didn't exactly remember the point and he sent us in the general area. "

A couple of days later, we got the news that she was found dead under a rock that fell with her while she was rock-climbing:

The 35-year-old English astrophysicist, Natalie Maria Cristopher was found in a ravine about 20 meters deep in a rough mountainous area of Kerame St. Kirikos Ikaria. The news has been confirmed by greek police sources. According to rescuer Vangelis Kriaras, the girl was covered by a rock in an attempt to climb a rock. She tried to hold on a rock, the rock broke apart and fell with her and on top of her".

But later, the coroner doesn't mention anything about her having been under a rock. Here's the coroner report, translated from greek news sites, who did an autopsy also on the spot where she was found.

"After the site inspection, the whole situation is in line with a fall from high altitude," said forensic expert Nikos Karakoukis, who was at the point where the 34-year-old died. "There are no other blood spots there is only a primary blood spot beneath the victim's head. And the other data we have collected agree that her instant death was caused by a fall from a high altitude," he concluded.

Translation from CNN Greece: https://www.cnn.gr/news/ellada/stor...a-sto-kefali-pethane-i-vretanida-astrofysikos

The blow to the head of 34-year-old Natalie Christopher during her fall from the Ikaria ravine was the cause of the death of the British astrophysicist.

The results of the obituary substantially confirmed forensic expert Nikos Karakouki's initial assessment - which he had made on the Ikaria ravine - that the British scientist's death was imminent because of the fall.

Fractures and injuries

Natalie Christopher suffered an overwhelming fracture at the back of her head when she fell into the ravine, not far from the hotel where she had stayed with her partner, in Ikaria. This fracture caused her instant death.

Also, the 34-year-old English astrophysicist suffered a fracture of the knee, knee injuries and injuries on the left arm. In addition, there are indications that there was a halt to her downward course, that is, she hit something on her way down at some point before continuing to fall and reaching the bottom of the 20-meter-deep ravine.

It is weird that the guy who found her mentions her being under a rock, I even read that her boyfriend recognized her from the shoes, and they wouldn't let him get too close to her when she was found, she was in such bad condition. But from what the coroner mentions, you wouldn't think a rock fell on her and covered her.

Another weird thing was that I heard in one of the TV live reportages at the time that the rescue teams were saying that they went by that area where she was found 2-3 times and didn't see her. That made me think of 411 reports, but, they did kept saying that the area where they found her was very difficult to get to, very wild flora and terrain, so they might have not seen her because of that?

In any event, it sounds that she was a brilliant scientist, everybody who knew her loved her and had the best things to say about her, and her death was very tragic and untimely. Among the many things she did in her life, she led a group in Cyprus inspiring girls to get into sports and bring together Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots. That's her in the video here:

In the third article below - it states the body was found Wednesday night and they waited until the morning - for a coroner to examine the body, before removing her.

Greece, missing English astrophysics found dead | tellerreport.com
The British scientist dispersed in Greece on the island of Icaria was found dead in a ravine. This was reported by the police quoted by the British media, which at the moment do not bother about the causes of death. Natalie Christopher, a 34-year-old astrophysicist based in Cyprus, was on vacation with her boyfriend, but hadn't come back Monday night after jogging. The body, the Daily Mail reports, was found by a volunteer firefighter less than a kilometer from the hotel where the couple was staying.
310x0_1565190450410.Armenisti_s_ikari_a.jpeg

Greece: the death of the British Natalie Christopher due to a fall | tellerreport.com
The body of British scientist Natalie Christopher was discovered Wednesday in a ravine, while she was missing since Monday morning.

The death of British scientist Natalie Christopher on the Greek island of Ikaria is due, according to preliminary reports, to "a fall from height", said Thursday afternoon to the media a forensic scientist in charge of the investigation. "After the inspection of the site and a first macroscopic autopsy of the body, everything seems to indicate that it is a fall from height," said Nikos Karakoukis, the medical examiner present on the scene of the tragedy since Thursday morning .

Her remains transferred to Athens on Thursday
Natalie Christopher's body, 35, is due to be transferred to Athens in the day for a detailed autopsy, he added. Since Thursday morning, a team of the Directorate of Criminal Police conducted an autopsy in the ravine where the accident had occurred, according to a police source.

Natalie Christopher, an Oxford-trained astrophysicist living in Nicosia, had been missing since Monday morning when she went for a jog, according to her companion's statements to the police. Local authorities, volunteers and a police team from Athens searched for two days before a firefighter discovered his body Wednesday afternoon at the bottom of a ravine, crushed by a rock, 1.5 km from the hotel where the couple stayed.

Member of several sports associations
Traces of blood were found in the hotel room of the couple, located near the port of Aghios Kirykos, according to a police source. Arriving on the island on Saturday for a holiday, the couple had to leave the island on Monday, media reports said.

The death of the young woman aroused a strong emotion notably in Cyprus, Natalie Christopher being member of several sports associations and engaged in many social projects. She was involved in "Cyprus Girls Can", an initiative to bring together young Greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot girls through sport, and "Astronomy for all", aimed at introducing astronomy to children from both communities. divided island.

Scientist Natalie Christopher’s ‘hysterical’ boyfriend had to be restrained after learning of her death
Police say the woman’s ‘hysterical’ boyfriend had to be physically restrained

Missing UK scientist found dead in Greek island ravine
Missing UK scientist found dead in Greek island ravine

Dr Natalie Christopher vanished after going for a morning jog while on holidays in the Greek islands, and has been found “crushed to death” after she fell down a ravine, police say.

The distraught boyfriend of a missing jogger was said to have been restrained when told her body was found at the bottom of a 20-metre ravine.

Dr Natalie Christopher’s partner reportedly let out an anguished cry after learning the 34-year-old had fallen before being crushed by a dislodged boulder.

Mail Online reports a rescue worker describing the moment Dr Christopher’s 38-year-old partner was told she had been found dead in her running gear with a boulder over her lower body.

“He was screaming and crying and tried to run up the track to be with her,” he said. “He was distraught and pacing up and down and trying to get past the police. He wanted to see the body.

“I don’t think he could believe that she was dead. “I saw him later and he had calmed down, but his face was completely white. I have never seen someone so drained of any color.”

Coroner Nikolas Karakoukis said after his preliminary examination the 34-year-old’s death on the Greek island of Ikaria was "accidental" and death would have been instant.

Dr Christopher vanished on Monday morning hours before she and her Cypriot partner were due to fly back to their home in Nicosia.

Her 38-year-old boyfriend reported her missing around noon on Monday when she failed to return from a jog that reportedly began at 8am.

He says he phoned her mobile at 10am when he woke up and found she was not at the hotel, and she answered telling him she was running in a rocky area of the island.

But after she failed to show up, he called the cops at noon, police spokesman Theodore Chronopoulos told The Sun Online.

Mr Chronopoulos said: “Her partner spoke to her when he woke up at 10am and discovered she wasn’t there.

“They had a conversation and she said she was out jogging.

“At 12 (noon) when she still hadn’t come back and when he started to worry, he called police. He says she promised to be careful.

The unnamed man claims she told him: “I can’t go fast, I’ll be back slowly, don’t worry.”

Rescuers found her body on Wednesday at the bottom of a ravine in an area known as Katafygi.

A large rock - which may have been dislodged by her in the fall - appeared to have crushed her. Search teams left the body there overnight so a coroner could examine her in the morning as police refused to rule out foul play.

Mr Chronopoulos said it was too early to tell if she fell or was pushed. He said: “At this point we don’t know how she died.

“We have to await the report from the coroner, which will take two to three days, to have the answers.”
The scientist may have been attempting to scale a steep slope without equipment.

The scientist may have been attempting to scale a steep slope without equipment.Source:Facebook

Investigators are said to be probing the possibility the scientist — a keen climber — was attempting to scale a steep slope without equipment, according to local reports.

Local media also reports that homicide detectives from the Greek capital of Athens have arrived in Ikaria and have taken over the case.

Police sources said the scientist’s boyfriend “was very unlikely to be considered a suspect”.

The ravine is less than two kilometres from her hotel in Kerame in the north of the island.

Her boyfriend remains on the island. His brother and a Spanish friend have flown out to join him.

She was an avid runner according to her social media pages.

She was an avid runner according to her social media pages.Source:Facebook

Police seek more answers in Natalie’s death
b_ikaria_natalie_pic.jpg

Greek investigators: premature to draw conclusions, awaiting post mortem as they piece together what happened to Natalie

09 AUGUST 2019 - Greek reports on Wednesday said that Natalie had been found "lying on her back, crushed by several large rocks".

But the cause of her death was not immediately clear, with more information expected after a post-mortem scheduled to take place on Friday in Athens.

Greek forensic pathologist Nikos Karakoukis, who conducted an autopsy at the scene, told reporters on Thursday that a bloodstain pattern analysis at the scene of Natalie’s death was consistent with injury after falling, essentially pointing to a massive head wound that would have rendered her unconscious with an instantaneous death.

Karakoukis also added there were no signs that the body had been dragged to its location, saying Natalie died exactly where she fell.

But the cause of her death was not immediately clear, with more information expected after a post-mortem scheduled to take place on Friday in Athens.

Greek forensic pathologist Nikos Karakoukis, who conducted an autopsy at the scene, told reporters on Thursday that a bloodstain pattern analysis at the scene of Natalie’s death was consistent with injury after falling, essentially pointing to a massive head wound that would have rendered her unconscious with an instantaneous death.

Karakoukis also added there were no signs that the body had been dragged to its location, saying Natalie died exactly where she fell.

Natalie appeared to have been crushed by a pile of large rocks after falling into a gorge some 20 meters up high. Media have speculated that the woman known as a keen outdoorswoman might have tried to climb up or down when the rock might have detached.

A post mortem is expected to shed light on additional circumstances in Natalie’s death, while preliminary reports suggested the body was in a very bad shape. Crime detectives sent from the Greek capital are also taking part in the investigation.

Natalie Christopher's boyfriend describes grief after death in Greece
(Photos - Video)

Now, I tried looking for this info in English, but apparently this info comes from Sorcha Faal. That was disappointing. :rolleyes: But I did find it interesting that Sorcha again pushes the extraterrestial angle. Wonder what's up with that.

While searching for any additional information on Natalie Christopher and Nikolas Kardashev, I came across a reading of the Sorcha Faal report here:

British Scientist Reports She Found Heaven—Gets Crushed To Death By Giant Rock
Premiered Aug 9, 2019 (10:02 min.)

And I can't find anything about the relation between Natali and Nikolai Kardashev when searching in greek.

Yeah, me nether in Russian. Also, none of the articles mention Kardashev's cause of death, although he was 87 years old when he passed away, so it is quite possible that it was simply his time.

It is also not possible to confirm if both scientists actually talked. It could all be invented by Sorcha.

I simply find it curious how sources like Sorcha Faal present this kind of information (read disinformation) with such an ease, as if there is an army of people who comb the web and know all kind of small details like this.

But Kardashev's research looks interesting, and when I searched for the info I found all kind of fascinating stuff. This article, for example:

Back
Top Bottom