Daydreaming/Imagination/Memory and relation to environment

Laura actually gave an example of Maladaptive Daydreaming many years ago in Amazing Grace and Adventure Series (now part of the Wave Series):

The contrast between the fantasy world of the omnipotent four-year-old who threatened his mother with suicide to obtain relief from external pressures, and the real world in which he was continuously frustrated, was clearly too painful to deal with. At that age, or perhaps even earlier, this dissonance may have caused him to make an unconscious decision to live in the fantasy world where he was omnipotent and omniscient. In his private world, he felt special and entitled to things for which he had not worked nor put forth the effort expected of ordinary human beings. And it was from this platform that the next interesting phenomenon developed.

As he grew older, Frank learned a curious trick. He discovered that a sort of rhythmic dancing and creation of vibratory sounds and sensations enabled him to enter and sustain this fantasy existence to an extraordinary degree. In this trance, he was the only occupant of the universe and he was entitled to all its secrets and lore. The way he did this was to perform a sort of “crane dance” while beating the ground with a stick. He once demonstrated this for me and it was, as close as I can describe it, a shamanic performance of pure instinct.

The soothing effect of retreating into this trance state was so effective that, in the same way some people become addicted to other things, Frank became addicted to being in a trance. He had discovered the ultimate means of retreating into what was, effectively, a pre-birth state of nonexistence.

It is likely that the first time he achieved this state, it was accidental. He described it as having occurred after one of the episodes where he reached out to his parents for love and acceptance and, instead, received a lecture which included a list of all his faults and failings. He went out to the back yard and picked up a stick and began to pound the ground with it. As he did so, he became fascinated by both the vibratory sensation traveling up the stick from the impact, as well as the sound itself. He then began to experiment with different rhythms, most likely in an idle way, and then found himself entranced. At that point, the trance dancing began.

Thus he learned a trick that provided comfort.

Frank began to stimulate the trance state habitually in order to derive pleasure and gratification in a world that was not very friendly to his real self
. The fact that this self-gratification was so easy to produce, rapidly conditioned him to prefer it. This, of course, produced another effect: laziness. But, this was not laziness in the ordinary sense of the word. Frank became lazy in the psychological sense because he learned that fantasy land was preferable to investing efforts in reality where failure was assured. Frank became just like a rat with an electrode implanted in the pleasure center of the brain, repeatedly pushing the button that induced ecstasy in preference to real life.

And here we have an important clue as to how and why Frank also developed highly specific abilities that enabled certain results to transpire in my interactions with him.

Frank was performing this ritual stick dance so often that his parents became concerned and, at a very early age, they labeled him as “sick” and called in a psychiatrist.

This shamed his father terribly and only added to the demands being made on Frank to “toughen up” and “be a man.” Frank reacted by intensifying his “ritualistic” behavior and time spent in a trance, though he learned to hide it better.

Frank had acquired the gift of the Crane Dance. At what cost, we can only guess.

Frank had, by this time, described to me his Crane Dance trances and claimed that during these states, he channeled incredible information that he was simply unable to express. I had the feeling that it was more that he was unwilling to put the effort into it than anything. As he had grown up, he had “graduated” from the Dancing mode of entrancement to other repetitive actions that produced the same result such as juggling balls or any group of small objects.

I remembered reading this several years ago, but at that time I was still not getting it. Now I understand that it was the Frank's version of Maladaptive Daydreaming!

It would be nice if Laura could update this story with an explanation about MD so that other people who would read this would not miss it, like I did.

Here is a description of different movements that people use during their MD:

Last edited:
So, how much of our daydreams are really "ours" and how much is just the Predator's Mind, automatically feeding 4D STS forces with the energy of our consciousness? Maybe we are responsible for the main themes of the dream I suppose, but if it's not a creative process per se, even that could just be some kind of thought injection, or something like that? A influences come into mind. The C's also have said that free will would not have been abridged unless we had obliged. Just some thoughts.

Well, it starts as a coping mechanism. But after some time it becomes an addiction. At that point you probably develop a feedback loop with 4D STS forces which further shapes your daydreaming. But I don't think that 4D STS cares about what kind of daydreams you have, because all daydreamers have different ones. What is important to them is that you induce that trance-like state and stop being grounded in reality.

On the other hand, once you develop this habit, you regular non-daydreaming thoughts may be under the influence of 4D STS. You could say that maladaptive daydreaming, like any other addiction, weakens the mind, and when you weaken the mind, you get errors in thinking. Extreme examples of that you can see in those books about criminals that Laura suggested for reading.

Well, it starts as a coping mechanism. But after some time it becomes an addiction. At that point you probably develop a feedback loop with 4D STS forces which further shapes your daydreaming. But I don't think that 4D STS cares about what kind of daydreams you have, because all daydreamers have different ones. What is important to them is that you induce that trance-like state and stop being grounded in reality.

On the other hand, once you develop this habit, you regular non-daydreaming thoughts may be under the influence of 4D STS. You could say that maladaptive daydreaming, like any other addiction, weakens the mind, and when you weaken the mind, you get errors in thinking. Extreme examples of that you can see in those books about criminals that Laura suggested for reading.

Thanks for your reply Persej. I can see how a feedback loop could develop from being too enamored in that dream state, in fact it seems to be a perfect set up for creating 4D STS automatons constantly feeding energy to their higher density masters. Not a fate that I would like to have so vigilance is required I guess. Those who have the will of a lion will not have the fate of a mouse.

I can see how a feedback loop could develop from being too enamored in that dream state, in fact it seems to be a perfect set up for creating 4D STS automatons constantly feeding energy to their higher density masters.

Yes. And it's interesting how much psychiatrists are still refusing to classify it as a disorder. Perhaps the powers that be do not want people to know about it and fight against it. Thankfully, dr Eli Somer is trying to spread the knowledge about this condition.

My mother told my that my grandpa used to not notice people on the street while he was walking by them. So perhaps I am genetically sensitive to this kind of thing, just like other people are sensitive to other addictions. But people are at least warned about other addictions, but nobody is warned against this.

Here is an interesting talk with a girl who has MD:

Unfortunately, kids are not taught at school how to properly use their minds. Perhaps that wasn't so much necessary in previous times, but today, with the omnipresence of television, computers, smartphones, video games, and all kinds of other gadgets, I think that it is becoming a crime not to do that.

On the other hand, we have the worldwide promotion of 'visualizing things' which also messes up with people's minds. I found a clip that talks about that problem and how visualizations and believing in 'laws of attraction' also makes people lazy:

Back
Top Bottom