Current economics trend

Ellipse

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Just to say that I work for a company selling medical devices all around the world and we have a sudden contraction of orders... mainly from the US. The forecast the company made for this year is now totally off.

This is a well established company selling goods products on an usually strong market. Apparently it's the same trend for competitors. Look like Americans have cut back on healthcare spending and practitioners have therefore reduced their investment in healthcare devices.

Our boss talk about a cycle. We will see...

Just to say that I work for a company selling medical devices all around the world and we have a sudden contraction of orders... mainly from the US. The forecast the company made for this year is now totally off.

This is a well established company selling goods products on an usually strong market. Apparently it's the same trend for competitors. Look like Americans have cut back on healthcare spending and practitioners have therefore reduced their investment in healthcare devices.

In Russia, we have a very good economist, Michael Chasin. So I'd like to acquaint the people here with his ideas.
They are very interesting, he could find on his site. Last of his speech I'd like to translate here (not fully, of course, because there are the phone voting there and other not needed things):

– Lots of great things happened last week: great Putin speeching on the SpBEF, visit of Gonvernment Secretary to China, and FRS meeting with Powell press conference, statement that the rate will not rise. We should take it in the complex.

At first, the Putin's appointment. He was saying for about 1.5 hours, and he is very consequently demonstrating for the West on mass, without singling out anyone, that all their attempts to bring down the Russian economy will lead nowhere.
In its purest form: Guys, why are you playing the fool? This is stupidity.
This is the first circumstance.
And the second circumstance, he spoke about economic problems. Where to deepen, what to do. There was an interesting moment when he said that it would be good if inflation was 3% when the Central Bank had just devalued the ruble..."

If it would be interesting, I could continue to public this economist.
As I know, there are the books of him in English. They've said about the collapse of pax-Americana and dollar crash at about 20 years ago.
With AI you could have all of his videos here:

I'm sorry of course about France people. But at really they are sponsored to make tanks and other weapons to send to kill Russians. As it was 200 and 100 years ago. And again, nobody knows, all think about the good goals... You speak very much about, but it seems. there are no the critical mass, to move to good history.

The new normal seems to be an official narrative which is total BS, and a reality on the ground which goes unreported and unacknowledged except by the conspiracy geeks... Quite something to behold. It seems to be playing out in many places and areas of the economy. Thanks for noting this phenomenon in the health devices circles. Nvidia recently proclaimed a massively positive outlook for Q3 revenue but there is no mention of where this revenue is supposed to be coming from. The stock skyrockets as the insiders are now selling. Somebody will be left holding the bag. A big one. are we finally getting close to the rug pull? IDK. The C's said not any time soon, but, this timing is subjective.

You should know, that in the USA and other countries, where they promote an ideology of LGBT, now in the USA 4% have the big psychological troubles, like shisophrenia, and 25% have little psychological troubles. That's very bad, that's incredible. And I'm sure. that's is from different LGBT and BLM tendencies.

That's really terrible, I've never could see the same in Russia, we have not so high percent of really shizo.

I think, that the very important question to Cs now is who is the really boss in the USA? Who has the Red Button? We understand, that it is no Joe Biden. But who is he?

I think, that we will have the nuclear strikes. We couldn't avoid it. The USA is now like in "Elisium", if you have seen this film;, they are really don't think about the USA civilians absolutely. As we can see, more than 100,000 of human beings are died of drugs last year. I see, that the Big Bosses do not think about the USA of their live place. If you are in the USA, do something, you wouldn't have a help.

Well, I suppose there could be several explanations for this. But I do think the economy itself is one of such explanations.

What is the item and who else could sell it? The place I work for also does a lot overseas imports from several places in Europe and Asia, and geopolitics have changed the places where the purchases are made, where it once was China, now it's Vietnam for instance.

But as the industry has entered a contraction, with interest rates being sky high, people who would purchase a lot in credit, driving the imports, have held back and the imports tend to slow down or freeze. So, perhaps something similar might be influencing your business? maybe a lot your clients relied on low interest rates to make purchases that have now gone high, making them more cautious about purchases?

Just a thought.

What is the item and who else could sell it? The place I work for also does a lot overseas imports from several places in Europe and Asia, and geopolitics have changed the places where the purchases are made, where it once was China, now it's Vietnam for instance.

But as the industry has entered a contraction, with interest rates being sky high, people who would purchase a lot in credit, driving the imports, have held back and the imports tend to slow down or freeze. So, perhaps something similar might be influencing your business? maybe a lot your clients relied on low interest rates to make purchases that have now gone high, making them more cautious about purchases?

Just a thought.
I prefer to remain vague on the items but it's for medical practices and prices range from $3000 to $100.000. There's 4 others companies which sell the same kind of devices. We are in the middle of the list. Very hard for a new actor to penetrate the market because a lot of regulations.

The interest rate can be an explanation yeah.

I will ask how the renewal business work in the US for this kind of products. In France practitioners have an interest to renew the hardware due to tax relief. Instead of paying tax, they put the money in a new product.

I prefer to remain vague on the items but it's for medical practices and prices range from $3000 to $100.000. There's 4 others companies which sell the same kind of devices. We are in the middle of the list. Very hard for a new actor to penetrate the market because a lot of regulations.

The interest rate can be an explanation yeah.

I will ask how the renewal business work in the US for this kind of products. In France practitioners have an interest to renew the hardware due to tax relief. Instead of paying tax, they put the money in a new product.
Fair enough,

And the tax relief might be another angle, they did just recently pass the budget which included some cuts in some areas, perhaps some of the clients your company works with might've been affected by a lack of tax cuts they were used to.

Either way, I do believe your point stands, for whatever reason and particularly in Europe, the economic contraction is being felt.

Back
Top Bottom