Creature Observation

Benjamin

The Living Force
As best as I can remember, I think it was in the summer of 2002, I was living in the now defunct O O SA Korean Buddhist Temple in Riverdale, Edmonton, Alberta. I witnessed a 'family' of insect-like creatures emerge from under some dried leaves along a fence-line, walk along the dead branches lying there and then disappear under some more leaves. These creatures were a ridged elongated triangular shape, off-white/cream in colour with a texture that maybe looked like 'moleskin', four legs with two joints each and feet with no toes or hooves (like if you put a sock over your hand), tiny black pinhole eyes and no antennae or wings. From the side, they looked a little bit like a paper airplane with legs. The two 'adults' were about 7-8 inches long and the 5-6 'children' were about 3-4 inches long. I've recounted the whole event here:

I'd like to ask:
What are these creatures?
They seemed to be very focused. Where were they going?
Why did they seem to appear and then disappear without a trace?

Thank you!

Last edited:
That’s a rather vague description - at least for myself.

Maybe you can find the critter in this list, and we can take it from there.

Vague? Gee, I thought I was being specific. I even made some drawings.

As for the critter list, it's none of those. Guaranteed. 👍

Four legs. No antennae. No mouth/jaw/pincers. No external bumps or divots. No shell. No wings. No head. No thorax. No abdomen. No segmentation. Just one body that looked like an elongated, walking triangle.

I'd like to ask:
What are these creatures?
They seemed to be very focused. Where were they going?
Why did they seem to appear and then disappear without a trace?

Thank you!
Benjamin, you didn't happen to previously read Edwin Abbott's novel, "Flatland," did you? 😁
All good humored teasing aside, I think they could have been from a different dimension, popping in and out of our realm, and you just happened to witness them.

Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions is a satirical novella by the English schoolmaster Edwin Abbott Abbott, first published in 1884 by Seeley & Co. of London. Written pseudonymously by "A Square",[1] the book used the fictional two-dimensional world of Flatland to comment on the hierarchy of Victorian culture, but the novella's more enduring contribution is its examination of dimensions.[2]

Just one body that looked like an elongated, walking triangle.

I should modify this to 'kite'. I'm forgetting what they look like.

Benjamin, you didn't happen to previously read Edwin Abbott's novel, "Flatland," did you? 😁
All good humored teasing aside, I think they could have been from a different dimension, popping in and out of our realm, and you just happened to witness them.

😆 I haven't read it but I've seen that title splashed around here. Maybe I'll see if there's a copy at the library. (edit: there is a copy! Ordered.) In truth, they did have volume. *heh* 'Conscious geometry'.

As for the dimensional jumping, yes that is a possibility that has been suggested by myself and others. Another possibility could be where the curtains of a window were pulled open and then drawn shut.

As for the dimensional jumping, yes that is a possibility that has been suggested by myself and others. Another possibility could be where the curtains of a window were pulled open and then drawn shut.
Benjamin, in my time, I've seen plenty of 'critters', that couldn't have been from our realm. I just take it all in stride.

One question though: Were there any high tension powerlines near by? Because, it has been my experience that you see a lot of anomalies near them.

@nicklebleu- After reading my response to you, I see that I could've come across as forceful. Sorry. That was not my intent. :hug2:

One question though: Were there any high tension powerlines near by? Because, it has been my experience that you see a lot of anomalies near them.

No. There were no powerlines like that nearby. Electricity/energy-wise, the only thing I can think of that might be a contributing factor is that O O SA was where our qi gong group met on Tuesday (and Thursday?) evenings and Wednsday(?) mornings. It was a Buddhist temple but there had not been a service in a long time. Everyone was going to other temples.

No. There were no powerlines like that nearby. Electricity/energy-wise, the only thing I can think of that might be a contributing factor is that O O SA was where our qi gong group met on Tuesday (and Thursday?) evenings and Wednsday(?) mornings. It was a Buddhist temple but there had not been a service in a long time. Everyone was going to other temples.
Shocking! 😁

You know, lightening storms energize me....Had it stormed earlier or around the time of the sighting?

Shocking! 😁

You know, lightening storms energize me....Had it stormed earlier or around the time of the sighting?

:-P Again, nope. Like I mentioned in the other thread, the day was 'perfect': bright sun, blue sky, no wind, not too hot, not too cold, calm and quiet; quiet enough that I could hear the 'fade in' of dead leaves rustling as they walked through them before I saw them (I mentioned that I first thought the sound was of mice in the undergrowth). The ground and streets were, also, dry, and I don't remember there being a thunderstorm for days before. Now, I don't know what the sun was doing at the time so might that be a factor? Idk.

I was just thinking about how they were walking on the branches and how two of them had lost their footing. Which means they were actually on the branches, interacting with this environment, so I wasn't 'looking through a window', per se.

:-P Again, nope. Like I mentioned in the other thread, the day was 'perfect': bright sun, blue sky, no wind, not too hot, not too cold, calm and quiet; quiet enough that I could hear the 'fade in' of dead leaves rustling as they walked through them before I saw them (I mentioned that I first thought the sound was of mice in the undergrowth). The ground and streets were, also, dry, and I don't remember there being a thunderstorm for days before. Now, I don't know what the sun was doing at the time so might that be a factor? Idk.

I was just thinking about how they were walking on the branches and how two of them had lost their footing. Which means they were actually on the branches, interacting with this environment, so I wasn't 'looking through a window', per se.
It is entirely possible these could be "window fallers" as per the Cs descriptions. We've heard about Chupacabra, the Beast from France (can't remember the exact location right now), the black eyes children, Mothman, and many others that offer no explanations.
With the wave coming closer, the Cs have warned us that things will get weirder and weirder. I believe those fit the bill, don't you? The good thing is, they did not attack you nor minded who you are while watching them in their "laboring" trek. But it is certainly interesting and awesome to have seen them. Congrats!

It is entirely possible these could be "window fallers" as per the Cs descriptions. We've heard about Chupacabra, the Beast from France (can't remember the exact location right now), the black eyes children, Mothman, and many others that offer no explanations.

The Beast of Gévaudan I think. Don't forget Spring-heeled Jack, The Jersey Devil, Owlman and maybe Jack the Ripper. Many others, like you said.

With the wave coming closer, the Cs have warned us that things will get weirder and weirder. I believe those fit the bill, don't you?

Yes, I've entertained the idea of these being window-fallers. Unlike most of the other ones that seem to just show up one day, hang around being spooky (or worse), then leave... maybe?... months, years... no one's really sure. I watched this group enter, walk along some branches with a little drama, and then leave. ~90 seconds?

The good thing is, they did not attack you nor minded who you are while watching them in their "laboring" trek. But it is certainly interesting and awesome to have seen them. Congrats!

I don't think I was ever in danger. Now, if I tried to touch them, maybe that would've been different. But in a word, I gotta say that these guys were 'benign'. They didn't exhibit any of the other characteristics of many other mentioned window-fallers (who seem to be mostly individuals). I had a creative thought over lunch of this group being a 'family outting' or a 'school field-trip'.

I can't even say if they knew I was there. I mean, I was only a couple of feet away from them so I'm sure they were aware I was there but they made no acknowledgement if they knew. They just did their thing, at a pretty good pace too, I might add. I don't think they had much interest in me.

In comparison, are the environments of what type of window-faller falls into be playing a role? I think this might have been discussed already.

The Beast of Gévaudan I think. Don't forget Spring-heeled Jack, The Jersey Devil, Owlman and maybe Jack the Ripper. Many others, like you said.

Yes, I've entertained the idea of these being window-fallers. Unlike most of the other ones that seem to just show up one day, hang around being spooky (or worse), then leave... maybe?... months, years... no one's really sure. I watched this group enter, walk along some branches with a little drama, and then leave. ~90 seconds?

I don't think I was ever in danger. Now, if I tried to touch them, maybe that would've been different. But in a word, I gotta say that these guys were 'benign'. They didn't exhibit any of the other characteristics of many other mentioned window-fallers (who seem to be mostly individuals). I had a creative thought over lunch of this group being a 'family outting' or a 'school field-trip'.

I can't even say if they knew I was there. I mean, I was only a couple of feet away from them so I'm sure they were aware I was there but they made no acknowledgement if they knew. They just did their thing, at a pretty good pace too, I might add. I don't think they had much interest in me.

In comparison, are the environments of what type of window-faller falls into be playing a role? I think this might have been discussed already.
Thanks for reminding me about the Beast of Gevaudan. I had completely forgotten it's name.

About Jack the Ripper: do you really believe him to have been a Window Faller? I consider him a completely mentally sick and deprived individual that just happened to have been there at that particular place and time. I'm convinced that someone knows something somewhere but cannot and will not give out the correct info because of his background or simply because he was too sick to even bother. After all, who did he murder? Women! Women who did not matter in that particular society. Friendless women who had no where to go and no one to answer to. Perfect victims!
We've seen that type of behavior too many times in our history.
As for the others, I'm not convinced that all those "apparitions" are window fallers. Spring-heeled Jack particularly does not seem plausible to me. But of course, I don't know and can only speculate. His apparitions coincide with the times he lived in: very fertile imaginations, 1800s was a time when people invented "ghosts" stories to tell around the fireplace, creating creatures that seem too fantastic to have existed, etc. Even his appearance seems suspect. Wearing a helmet; blowing white and blue flames, red eyes.... Not sure. To me, it would seem like someone who was trying too hard to play tricks.

But then again, I'm sure there are creatures out there we've never seen and could only be living in 4D. Only time will tell. In the meantime, your "encounter" is pretty unique. Too bad you could not take pictures at that time. :love:

About Jack the Ripper: do you really believe him to have been a Window Faller? I consider him a completely mentally sick and deprived individual that just happened to have been there at that particular place and time

Q: (L) Who was Jack the Ripper?

A: Dr. Bates.

Q: (L) Did he commit suicide and is that why the Ripper killings stopped?

A: No.

Q: (L) Did he just stop doing it?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) Why did he do it?

A: Experiment human organs; he was a mad surgeon.

Q: Let me ask one final question. I am reading this book about Jack the Ripper. The author claims that the real Jack was a "mad surgeon," which is what you suggested at one other time. This book also says that the murders were inspired by political considerations. Supposedly, the murders were designed to cover up the murder of one, specific person. It is even said that the Masons were involved, and the actual murders were symbolic Masonic statements. Is there any truth to this theory?

A: Maybe a little.

Q: The killer, as suggested by this author, was Dr. William Gull, physician to Queen Victoria. Now, this theory is so close to what you suggested, that I was sort of amazed to read this book. The refutation comes from people who say that, around the time of the Ripper murders, Dr. Gull had a stroke and was, therefore, unable to physically perform the murders, so must have had an assistant. Right after the murders ended, he retired from the practice of medicine, saying he didn't "feel like himself." Supposedly, he died but there are some who say he was really locked up in an asylum and a fake funeral was held. Well, the guy writing the book really did find some evidence of a cover-up, though whether or not it was THIS being covered up, I can't tell. It IS a compelling story. When this Dr. Gull had this stroke, and the supposed epileptic seizures that followed, was he, in fact, possessed? Is he even the one? Was Dr. William Gull the Ripper?

A: The theory is close, but the details are incorrect.

Q: Can you satisfy my curiosity?

A: Not really, not tonight.

Q: But I want to KNOW! Was Dr. Gull the Ripper?

A: Such "gall." Good Night!

As for the others, I'm not convinced that all those "apparitions" are window fallers. Spring-heeled Jack particularly does not seem plausible to me. But of course, I don't know and can only speculate

Q: (L) I read in a book about a monster called the "Beast of Gevaudan Who or what was this beast?

A: Other dimensional "window faller."

Q: (L) You mean it fell into our dimension from another through a dimensional window?

Q: (L) Well, that would explain a lot of things about it. What about the creature known as "Spring-Heel Jack" who terrorized England some time ago?

A: Same.

Q: (L) What about the Mothman in West Virginia?

A: Same.

Q: (L) So, windows to other dimensions are the explanation for a whole host of strange things?

Back
Top Bottom