Crash

Ruth

The Living Force
(This is a nasty violent dream which I didn't like much).

I was being driven back from 'work' or a function (something I was obliged to attend anyway). I was sitting in the front seat and my mother was driving. She was driving an old model red sedan. We drove slowly through farm land up towards an open gate at the top of the paddock. My mother suddenly spotted a group of animals sitting on both sides of the track, leading up to the gate. In two rows of alternate species, they were: alpacas and sheep, alternatively. The alpacas were black and the sheep were white. For some odd reason the alpacas were also known as 'Spiders'. They were lying on their sides with their legs stretched out. The sheep were sitting with their legs tucked under themselves (kneeling).

My mother immediately sped up in order to run them over. I said "Slow down! Don't run over the animals! You'll crash!" I was horrified that she was going to run over and hurt the animals for no good reason. She was also putting her life as well as everyone else's at risk.

She said "Don't worry; we'll go right over the top of the sheep, they won't get hurt", as I thought to myself "You bloody idiot! We're going to crash," as I hung on for dear life.

We skidded and went sideways up into the fence, killing 3 sheep in the process. The car turned over and somehow I found myself on the outside and in front of the bonnet, as it slid down slowly pushing me into the gate which was shutting behind me. I'm not sure why I thought this, as it wasn't going to stop me from being pinned, but I thought: "Lucky it rained the ground it nice and soft, we'll all get a soft landing". I was slowly squashed against the gate. Don't ask me how I got out of that predicament; I think it was because I realised that I no longer needed to be there anymore. I got out from between the car and the gate and found that the car was actually some distance away. It was slowly sliding backwards down the hill where it slid into a dam. I looked down the road and there was another dark blue car parked next to the dam, its doors wide open but no driver in sight and I thought, "Bother! Where's the help when you need it?"

I ran down the hill and jumped into the dam to rescue my mother. The water was muddy and visibility poor as the car started to sink, rear end first. I went to the left hand side where I found my mother unconscious; I also discovered my brother was now sitting in the right hand front seat. (Somehow the car had changed from a right hand drive which is what we have in Australia, to a left hand drive during, or after, the crash) I tried to find the seatbelt fastener on my mother's side but in vain. This is where I woke up; I think it was because I couldn't sleep and hold my breath at the same time. I don't think I was going to succeed in getting either my mother or my brother out.

I think it might help to note some key points:

Throughout the dream you seem to be fighting for contro, but failing, theres always something, be it your mother, the crush, the water - breath, visability, time, etc.

Your mother didnt trust your advice, and there isn't anyone around to hear your call for help. For some reason in this dream no one wants to listen to you.

The dream ends badly, you all die.

Maybe some questions on symbolic meanings may help - what do you think the following represents?:

The overall struggle
The sheep (were these representations of certain types of people or events?)
Your mother (was it actually your mother or was she a representation of something else?)
Your mother not listening to you
The empty blue car
The crushing part (why were you no longer needed there?)
The slippery hill
The dam

To me it sounds as if you are frustrated or concerned over something, you feel as though time is running out, and the chances are slipping away, and at the same time you feel as though everyone and everything is working against you. I think you might also be concerned about how other people are going to be affected by what you are frustrated/concerned about. Another thing is, I think you might be feeling like other people have too much influence over how you live your life, such as being in the car and not being able to do anything whilst someone else makes the decisions.

I could be way off the mark but I hope this helps in some way.

Hi everyone

Had a dream last night and in it a friend turned to me and their face was comprised of a deep black hole across where their eyes should be, (endless hole kind of), the skin kind of blown in and jagged. Their mouth was also the same but sewn together roughly with black cord. The texture of their skin was shrivelled almost prune like. I rather like this peson. Is this just a vivid imagination? It kinda startled me. Any opinion would be welcomed.

Here is what I think of while reading your dream :

Dreaming of vehicule (car, train...) might relate to the way you're actually "driving" your life.
Think of the coach parable.

You're not the driver, your "mother" (a part of you that's refering to her) is in control.

The black and white duality seems interesting as you were coming back from "work".
Would it be something related to the "good" or "bad" choices ? STS versus STO choices ?

The way your "mother" is driving leads to a crash, but you "escape" any harm.
which seems positive because some part of yourself is "crashing" while you keep on living although it scares you to lose that old part of you (your mother) and try to save her.

Well, that's my take on your dream and I could be mistaken in what I see, hope it helps.

Russ said:
Your mother didnt trust your advice, and there isn't anyone around to hear your call for help. For some reason in this dream no one wants to listen to you.
Story of my life! And no, my mother never listens to me! She's a bit like a bull charging a gate. I suppose she shows the more negative aspects of her star signs: Sun in Taurus, Leo rising. She even answers her own questions. :lol: and never stops to listen to anyone else.

Russ said:
The dream ends badly, you all die.
Actually, I woke up and I think I did this before anyone died - if they did. I'm not sure. I get the feeling that in order for them to escape they needed to wake up, as they were unconsious in a sinking car. If anything, my brother was more likely to wake up than my mother, as she simply listens to no-one.

Russ said:
Maybe some questions on symbolic meanings may help - what do you think the following represents?:

The overall struggle
Frustration at inability to communicate? Perhaps an ongoing thing.

Russ said:
The sheep (were these representations of certain types of people or events?)
They were pleasant and passive enough creatures, minding their own business. I don't know why anyone would want to hurt them. I've always liked sheep even though they do tend to have very stong herding instincts - not neccesarily stupid, though. Just a very big tendency to follow each other around.

Russ said:
Your mother (was it actually your mother or was she a representation of something else?)
Your mother not listening to you
Definately my mother - doing what she does best. :lol:

Russ said:
The empty blue car
Disappointment

Russ said:
The crushing part (why were you no longer needed there?)
Couldn't see the reason for it, so it ceased to be happening. The car just moved.

Russ said:
The slippery hill
Part of the landscape, again, made slippery by the rain. The same thing that would give us a 'soft landing'...

Russ said:
Man-made water catchment for lifestock. Something farmers here always rejoice in seeing full, especially after drought. Not a good place for cars or humans, though. They should stick to the road.

Russ said:
To me it sounds as if you are frustrated or concerned over something, you feel as though time is running out, and the chances are slipping away, and at the same time you feel as though everyone and everything is working against you. I think you might also be concerned about how other people are going to be affected by what you are frustrated/concerned about. Another thing is, I think you might be feeling like other people have too much influence over how you live your life, such as being in the car and not being able to do anything whilst someone else makes the decisions.

I could be way off the mark but I hope this helps in some way.
Yes, I think that really is quite accurate. Sometimes I really can't be bothered with all the trouble people cause. Its like they deliberately cause harm, create discord, stife and engage in wanton distruction. Life would be simpler on a farm with less people, but then I'm not sure I want to 'fight' the curent 'owner' of this global village over anything, be it territory, livestock or boundry lines....

There is a "lot" going on in your dream. It sounds like your mother is "in control" - the black/white sheep perhaps represent movement or non movement in a situation. Sheep represent conformity or lack of initiative. Could the open gate signify new opporunities or a chance to move ahead? It is interesting that your mother crashed the car before you could reach the open gate. Could the closed gate, pinning you in represent an unreadiness or fear of the future? Perhaps the sinking car in the muddy water represents that you feel "in over your head" or that you are being pulled down. I read somewhere that the color "blue" in a dream is supposed to represent truth and wisdom. It is interesting that you passed by the blue car with doors that were wide open....I would think about what else the blue car might be "trying to tell you"....Well, I hope this is of some help to you.

Back
Top Bottom