Cranky Franky and the Spelling Scheme (2018)

Ask-Seek-Knock

Padawan Learner
Hi Everyone - I forgot to post this on the forum. If anyone is interested, I self-published my first children's book titled, Cranky Franky and the Spelling Scheme (2018), through my imprint, Lolly Press. Available thru Amazon in paperback and ebook. (www.crankyfranky.com or www.lollypress.com)

It's a light-hearted, middle-grade novel about third grader Cranky Franky who's only happy when his classmates are miserable. So every school year, he devises a scheme to annoy as many kids as possible. This year, Franky intends to disrupt the annual spelling bee. But his assigned spelling bee study partner is Chatty Patty, and her blabbing could ruin everything!

The inspiration for the Cranky Franky character came from my husband's real-life uncle, also named Franky, who loved to push people's buttons. He was actually a real SOB according to my husband and father-in-law. My Franky is the G-rated version of this man, I promise! ;-)

The project went through eight rounds of professional editing and I hired a seasoned illustrator. It's as close to a traditionally published book as an indie author can get. :-D It will eventually become a series after I finish my upcoming adult, paranormal/sci-fi novel series (book one available in 2021) and my master's thesis to be complete this fall, 2020.

I hope you all enjoy Cranky Franky as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Thanks and take care!

Back
Top Bottom