That's generally a bad strategy. From my experience, if you ask, they usually say you should. You just got lucky with this one. If you don't ask and don't wear it, usually they don't say anything.
I agree.

Don't ask whether you need to wear a mask. Don't tell that you're not wearing a mask.

I went to 3 big grocery stores today. The first one I didn't wear anything and was able to enter and buy food. The second one I was able to enter without wearing anything but in middle of the store an employee told me to wear one, so I went back to the car to get it. The third one I was not able to enter without a mask.

Here in all the stores there is a vigilant checking you are wearing your masks and put liquid soap. Sometimes the vigilant is just a worker of the store that now feels with power. Sometimes I refuse to enter the store. I am tired of all of this, it take out your energy and the pleasure to buy things. Specially when they come to you like lions and said: clean your hands! like they were Generals in the USA army. As I said I want to take the damned soap and throw it on the head of the General. I am working on patience and humility. Humility when I am in the store with my mask and look at people and feel tenderness for all of us, inside this nightmare.

Furious families left with empty fridges and no baby formula vent their anger as 3000 Melburnians are locked in their homes without warning

Families in the nine public housing towers in Melbourne's inner-city have shared their frustration after they were forced into immediate lockdown for at least five days.

Within an hour of Premier Daniel Andrews' 4pm press conference, police had swarmed the public housing buildings and blocked all driveways and doorways.

Residents were seen confronting police about why they were being targeted while others sought information from gathered media.
Public housing resident Hoda God, 31, told AAP everyone was surprised by the lockdown and families with young children were already struggling.
'A lady in the building with three kids, she wanted to get formula,' she said.
'The lady needed formula like right now. It's a bit sad that she can't even go to Woolies.'
Another woman with a five-year-old child wanted to go shopping for groceries and was told by police she couldn't.
'They need groceries now. She has nothing to cook tonight,' Ms God said.

------------------------
This all sounds very strange. Lockdown within one hour, not allowed to get emergency provisions, even for little babies.
Weird.
Well that reminds me the situation of the Jews during the war, the closed cities where they were, like the Warsaw ghetto. I know perfectly that we are not in the same situation, I don't want to compared. But eh! they have this in mind, surely, these crapules.

Had an interesting situation today, went to get my hair cut - YES, the government has deemed it okay for us in England to now get our hairs cut by a professional.

Anyways, I walk in to my usual place, notice they now have those plastic thingy majigs everywhere and everyone is wearing a mask.

I'm taken to my station and before I sit down I ask the barber if I need to wear a mask. He looks at me and asks me if I have one, I say sadly yes, but it's in my pocket... I then ask if I can choose not to wear it. He says, yeah, upto you... I'm like, okay then, that settles it, I choose not to wear it.

I proceed to have my haircut mask-free.

#rebel

May the covid-gods take mercy upon my sinning soul. 🙏

To make matters even worse and for sure cause possibly more damnation upon my soul, I dared book a flight as well - YES, the government has now deemed it okay for us to venture beyond this island.

I'll be paying penance to the covid-gods-that-be for I have been a sinner today.
well, I think you meant the #rebel humorously, at least I understand it like this.

Here in Bavaria, Germany, this would not be possible, because the fines for shop owners are so high - just like the willingness to denunciate in some peeps - that most of them would be forced to close their doors for good after paying it (or entering an expensive legal process against it). Where I live it is officially 5000 Euro, in some cases i heard of (not confirmed) it summed up to 7500 Euro. Even we wouldn't be able to pay this AND stay economically sound.

To the issue of denunciation (or is it denouncement? I do not know whether those two words are identical in meaning), there are cases you wouldn't believe. Example: Round the corner of our shop there is a travel agency, I know the owner, a Lady in her 50s like me, brilliant mind, rational, "on our side" so to say. And she told me that there is an old age pensioner in the neighborhood who thinks he is a measures breaker hunter. He took several pics of her and her employee, who were inside the CLOSED shop (lunch break) through the windows, because they werent wearing masks, although had more than 2 metres of space between them. She went outside and demanded the guy to delete the pics. He didn't want to do it until the shop owner told him that SHE is ready to call the police (data protection law, right to the own image), then the guy wasn't so sure anymore doing the absolutely right thing and deleted several pics in front of the eyes of her.

There are rumours that the local regulatory agency is sending out agents provocateurs; peeps who enter shops without masks, checking whether the shop staff will tell him/her to wear one. If not they will file an offence. I personally doubt whether this is legally sound, but you know we are still in emergency mode, so ....

I myself wear a face shield in our shop because I cannot wear a mask while working (panic attacks, dizzyness because lack of oxygene); in the tram I enter with a thin shawl which I remove when sitting (I always sit in the back). Lol, I even dreamt once that I will get 587 criminal charges in the future, because they will check all the surveillance vids of trams and busses... Don't ask me about the number, I do not know where that comes from, but in the dream it was clearly exactely 587. I am totally not into numerical mysticism but I was wondering about this exact number and looked it up in the gematria. Hm. hmhmhm. With a lot of good will I can find some results that might match the situation, so I shrugged it off. But then what really took my breath for a moment was that I found the name of my hometown there: Augsburg! What??? I am - as I said - so totally not into this, but does it mean that all those results have something in common? or what does it mean? Does it even matter?

I'm taken to my station and before I sit down I ask the barber if I need to wear a mask. He looks at me and asks me if I have one, I say sadly yes, but it's in my pocket... I then ask if I can choose not to wear it. He says, yeah, up to you... I'm like, okay then, that settles it, I choose not to wear it.

Why did you ask? You were sitting there mask-less, free to breathe!

I went to the chiropractor the other day. He wore a mask, I didn't and he didn't ask me to. If he had I would of walked out.
I told him he didn't have to wear a mask on my behalf. He wouldn't take it off though. I was In there straight from work so I had my police staff badge on. He made an uncomfortable joke about being worried in case I arrested him. I went on to discuss covid and how I thought it was a scam. He seemed to agree so surprised about the mask. Think they are scared off the fines. Also due to the guidelines and measures can't get enough people through the door. He said he was just about breaking even.
I was in the butcher's a couple of weeks ago. Looking round the counters deciding what to buy. A women came in and complained. She said I didn't know where to stand as you were walking around. :headbash:
I snapped at her and said your not worried about covid are you. We went on to have an argument and I really let her have it. Tbh I was rattled and lost my cool. I spurted out some stats and in no uncertain terms told it's not much worse than a cold for s healthy person. I did feel bad after but I must of being ready to vent.
Anyway the lads in the shop laughed when I was last in. The manager said bet she wished she never opened her mouth.
At work I'm starting to notice the effect the lockdown is having on people. I do believe we'll see as lot more offending and mental disorders.
One of my wife's clients in her 70's had been admitted to Hostpital with anxiety. The lockdown caused her to fall apart. She ended up being sectioned fingers crossed coming home soon but one of the many victims of the ridiculous measures we've being subjected to. Remember if you can to take care of people around you many are struggling out there especially the elderly.

That's generally a bad strategy. From my experience, if you ask, they usually say you should. You just got lucky with this one. If you don't ask and don't wear it, usually they don't say anything.

This is also my experience. Forgiveness is easier to get than permission. I've taken top just walking into the store without a mask on; if they tell me I have to wear one, I've got it in my back pocket. But usually they don't say anything.

I'm loving all the personal stories!
IMHO, it is our duty not to wear a mask, whenever possible, or at least to show some resistance. Going along with it just reinforces mindless compliance. There are those out there who are afraid to show resistance. By resisting, we're helping them. Whenever I see an older person not wearing a mask, it just brightens my day! If I happen to make eye contact with them, we always smile at each other and know exactly why.

No matter how many times I've told my kids not to worry about it, they still feel the peer pressure to wear a mask. So when we go out, and they see me not wearing a mask, hopefully that will have more of an impact than just my words.

I had a mildly hostile encounter last week with my former employee (details on another thread about my health issue) in a grocery store parking lot. I was leaving, he was going in. He came over and took a picture of me (when in my car) without a mask, called me Dr Kevorkian. Huh?

History: This guy is the biggest germaphobe I've ever me, and I've met a lot of them. He would go into panic mode if anyone even touched the pen at his work station, need to take a break to take it apart and sanitize it, collect himself, etc. Bought hand sanitizer by the case/quart, etc. Well, he did keep his space tidy. He might easily have been the victim of a practical joke under normal and friendly circumstances, but such was his anxiety level that there was sort of a collective unconscious understanding not to dare.

Needless to say he was bundled up for his shopping excursion just short of hazmat level. It even took me a bit to figure out who it was/what was happening. It isn't that uncommon for a patient I don't recognize to come up to me and say hello. Small town.
Anyway, this guy is such a troublemaker (trashing me on social media, reporting me to state medical board, etc), that I've decided to be semi-compliant around town with a mask, just for personal safety and PR purposes. I'll keep one hanging on my ear and if I use it, it will be positioned to give me free air access. I can totally see him stalking me, looking for anything.

Later on, it did make me smile a little bit, thinking about how he must be dealing with constant news of Wuhan Flu. He was a CNN junky. Not nice to take pleasure in the idea, I know. He was terminated in October or November, before all this became news.

Most of the ongoing encounters about town between him, me and other employees have been considerably more hostile. Verbal and gestural, but not physical assault. I don't think it rises to the level of needing a restraining order. Several attorneys have advised me to do nothing, because he is armed and mentally unstable. The last thing I need is for the hostility to escalate.
I am just so thankful he is out of my work life.

Why did you ask? You were sitting there mask-less, free to breathe!

In my naivety I asked as I thought it was a matter of choice.

To be honest, in the UK, it's not mandatory yet to wear masks except in public transport. I now no longer use them. I also don't use retail stores as I refuse to subject myself to the new normal. Let's see how long they stay in business whilst forcing people to act like robots. Sadly I fear online places like Amazon will be the true winners.

Anyways, some of these places may insist you wear one but masks are so alien to our culture that you can easily talk your way out of them.

Earlier in the week I also went to the dentist and they required you to wear a mask but again, I didn't.

I just joked around with the receptionist, she took my temp with the temp gun and all was good.

But who knows, yet to encounter a proper brown shirt yet.

My wife recently went to the dentist and was charged an additional £30 for pleasure of the ppe :scared:
Time to use up some of my old underwear. I had shared a post about it on Facebook but the post was removed.

If you can picture it:
The elastic waistband was used for attachment to head. The back part cut off and the front part hung loosely over the nose and mouth.

Even if you used new ones, you could easily get 6 for that price.

Time to use up some of my old underwear. I had shared a post about it on Facebook but the post was removed.

If you can picture it:
The elastic waistband was used for attachment to head. The back part cut off and the front part hung loosely over the nose and mouth.

Even if you used new ones, you could easily get 6 for that price.
It is so much more fun to wear undies as-is. Just put them on the front of your head and use the leg openings for eye holes. Guaranteed to make people smile and laugh. So many choices!

Back
Top Bottom